Blog Comments

..... always fight the powers xxx
    Well written Tony and I have to agree that religion has done much to encourage homophobia. People are who they are. I never got why people have an issue at all!!
    In this 21st Century there is now a movement to re-balancing the whole patriarchal society we live in and moving back to a more gender balanced place of being. I was also reading recently about people becoming more.....more than just a shell they were born into....pan-sexuality. Does the fact that I am in a female shell define me as so? Or I am so much more than a gender??
    I just wish people, ignorant people, would learn to get to know a person for who they are rather than attaching labels for we are so far beyond any labelling this Human Society gives us.
    Much love dearest and I love you (((hugs)))
    great to see you back hear Tony and excellent post! I could write for hours to do this justice, but Im only here for a brief mo. I think it's all down to the human ego, and sad little people wanting to feel superior, 'better than' and have a stronger sense of identity - and this is often done by finding an enemy, or something to oppose or make wrong. Eckhart Tolle writes of it wonderfully in A New Earth. People tend to solidify their own beliefs and identity by finding someone or something to oppose and fight against. Cause of all wars, prejudice, persecution and virtually all the suffering man has inflicted on his fellow man. It's insane. The 'unnatural' theory doesn't hold up as homosexual behaviour has been noted in hundreds of different species. The excuse used by many religions, including the 'Jesus zombies' as James Swartz calls them, is highly suspect as the Christians cherry pick their 'sins' -- they conveniently ignore many of the other sins condemned in the bible because they simply wouldn't get away with waging war against people who eat shellfish, or wear more than one type of fabric, or indeed people who masturbate -- all conveniently forgotten. In fact, historians have actually discovered that the church wasn't always as intolerant, but actually used to condone and conduct same sex marriage ceremonies around the 12th and 13th centuries.

So really the excuses hateful people are all pretty weak -- it all comes down to them feeling better about themselves by attacking, condemning and decrying others. So horribly sad. It has to end some day, and it surely will. Those that are vehemently opposed to gay rights are already being held up as being no different to those who opposed black civil rights in the 20th century. I'm sure their grandchildren will be so proud......
    Wonderful Tony
    Well done Tony and happy you are following your path honey. Being your true Self. Much love
    Hey Tony! Thanks for sharing, it's really cool to hear what's been going on for you. Sounds like a rollercoaster year and in spite of the challenges and hardship, you've totally made some wonderful decisions. It takes courage walking away from a job like that, but the risks are obviously so worth it! So glad that you now have something where you can make a positive difference. I saw a documentary about homophobia in Uganda a few months ago and I was absolutely horrified and shocked (in fact, I stopped watching it halfway through it was that bad). I hope it's not quite as bad with you, but I imagine it probably isn't much better. Standing up for gay rights in such a deeply homophobic place takes enormous courage and is so very important. I'm v proud of you, you're a true inspiration! I look forward to hearing how things go for you in your new job and will be thinking of you. Don't be a stranger round these parts
    Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing Tony, love it
    Well, that's just fantastic ... following your heart and pushing the limits!! You're following your true path in Life .... good for you sweetheart!! I'm sad to hear of your best friend's condition, though happy to hear he's doing better.

It's good to have you back!!
    What a good, substantial post this is, Tony. It is great to have you back, interacting here as you can.
    I am pleased that this past year of transition has put you on a path comfortable for and desirable for you.
    And kudos for choosing a path that will allow you to assist others.
    Very well said Tony. I look forward to being a part of your journey through your posts. Live/Learn/Become
    Great to see you writing a blog Tony! I think we can all relate to your words. It's wonderful to be able to say that in spite of all the tough stuff that life has thrown at you, it has made you who you are and brought you to a place where you clearly have the wisdom to appreciate that and to shine a light for others. That is true alchemy - turning the base metal of life (and the hardships and pain) into gold (greater awareness, compassion and inspiration!)
    Right On!!!
    Well done Anthony.
    Nice blog Tony As Sean has said here...its about learning to change the script. Most of us are a lot older in life before we realise this (or circumstances may be such that its safer at that time to remain as we are) so the fact you are coming to this realisation now, means you will get there sooner honey, I hope
    Learning and sharing together is also a safe and comfortable way to do that and if it wasn't for many of the people I have met here (some I have known for several years in other guises) I might not be where I am now.
    In regard to having crap go on in our lives, I am right there with you in what you said, if I hadn't had the crap, I wouldn't recognise the god stuff and appreciate it when it happens
    Much love and hugs
    A wonderful first blog post Tony. We all have paths we wish we had or had not chosen but like you say at the end of the day it makes us who we are.. all we can do is strive to better ourselves throughout our short time on this spinning rock.

How to upgrade to yourself to windows 7? with one small step at a time like climbing Kilimanjaro Just small positive changes, a new challenge or goal in life weather materialistic or spiritual will lead to a change in ourselves.

This place and the good people with thier wealth or knowledge and compassion is a wonderful place to start.

I wish you well on your journey my friend