View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. On Hating Gay People

It has been so long since I was here. This has been due to so many things...one of them, work. As you all know, I work for the Gay and Lesbian Coalition of Kenya. Legal work in such an organization located at an extremely conservative country is extremely difficult. 17th May is marked internationally as the International Day Against Homophobia. In the spirit of this month, I reflect on the homophobe. I am going to ask questions the answers to which might lead to an understanding of who the homophobe ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. A Visit From Wisdom

In the stillness of night Wisdom came and stood
    By my bed. She gazed upon me like a tender mother
    And wiped away my tears, and said : 'I have heard
    The cry of your spirit and I am come to comfort it.
    Open your heart to me and I shall fill it with light.
    Ask of me and I shall show you the way of truth.'

And I said : 'Who am I, Wisdom, and how came
    I to this frightening place? What manner of things
    Are these mighty hopes and these many ...
    Tags: gibran, wisdom
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Of Life, Love and Lust

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. - Khalil Gibran

It has been exactly a year since my last blog entry...and a lot has happened in that year. I can sum it all up by that quote by Gibran (who I must say was a brilliant brilliant man!).

This past year has been one in which life's events have had me questioning my very existence. I have fallen in and out of love one time too many. And wanting things ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Polemics and I (Prologue)

I was looking at Sean’s post “Windows of the Mind” and it got me thinking…it’s about time I reprogrammed my brain! Looking back at my life, though most people say that I am way too young to use that statement, there are a lot of things that I could have done differently. A lot more I should have done but I didn’t. And even more that I did and should not have done. I just reread that statement. Everyone has a bit of all that. It is part of life as the learning process it is. But isn’t ...
    Tags: controversy, life
    Categories
    Uncategorized