Blog Comments

lol well to you it's nothing I suppose but to me, well getting members to at least use the darm blogs, makes some of the moneys worth while ... Well lets just say getting this far was not looking good ...
    so um yea, well done!
    Oh? Erm...thank you
    ...just to note you posted our 100th Blog!

Well done!
    It's wonderful when you can look back at something you've written when you were filled with pain and now simply feel a peace at what once caused so much anguish. I have written a journal for many years and I continue to do so. i first learned of it when doing Julia Cameron's Artists Way course, she calls it 'morning pages', 3 pages of stream of thought writing. It has a very clearing, balancing effect. You get stuff out of your head and onto paper, where it never looks so bad! and very often you are able to tap into that deeper aspect of wisdom, it's amazing how it can spill onto the page. I agree so strongly, writing a journal is immensely therapeutic and healing and also enables us to move out of surface-level mind and tap into deeper creativity and wisdom.

About 10 years ago I went through a very tough time. My journal was sometimes just entire pages filled with swear words lol. I found it therapeutic and cleansing burning and releasing it all. The things that caused so much grief before now have no emotional charge whatsoever. It also makes me realise that no matter how immensely tough things seem, we always survive and move on and get over it.

Thanks for sharing Lorri, I hope that oneday I'll be able to read the need edition of your book of life
    Thanks Sean for your comments.
    A new chapter every so often is a good thing I think we sometimes forget how far we have come, Our minds and our memories can sometimes play tricks on us, tell us we are stuck in the same situation and mindset we have always been, But we are not, we are constantly evolving. Its good sometimes to look at our past and realise how far we really have come. A journal or a dairy is a wonderful idea of keeping track on ourselves on our journey through life.

One thing is for sure, You are on the right track
    yeah so true ..in some ways.. lorri..id say the aim would be to flow from past to present without reactions,analysis or whatever ..just the observer ..taking from each experience the lessons ..difficult to do i know this well ..float in the bubble ..but not be the bubble ..not be the experience ..just to be ..for me my ancestors and distant part are an important aspect of my cultural identity and my direct link to spirit and beyond me ..as my rock ..when i become lost i am able to revisit this in my concious memory and heart of hearts ..so i may become found again ..but yeah i can do without beating myself up over many past situations and pain by bringing that into my now .. xxx
    You always are Rana...my dearest friend, sister, daughter.
    my reality too my friend ..and without it i can never exist ..i feel like a soul lost amongst many robots who are walking in a circle and im in the center and they are caving in on me trying heard to convert me with their skeptism ,their hate ,their wine,their attitudes,the mundane craziness of everyday life ..the boredom of it all .. i need to imagine myself with a gammer ray robot eliminator ..
    wish i cud come too .. take me in ur heart too i need ur love and healing
    So very true!! I'm finding many dramas unfolding around me, especially with a certain family member . I've given up getting involved or pulled into it, I simply observe and offer what help I can. I don't think it does anyone any good losing your centre and getting pulled into situations and reactivity. If we stay balanced and centred in ourselves, I think we can then allow ourselves to be moved to act, or speak, or simply observe and stay uninvolved.
    so true ..so true .. xx
    true with the unplug stuff and i know all of us have had to do it at some stage here. i know what you mean baout observing without anaylising in a physical sense ..but for me i think at my stage in learning im being shown to analyse feelings,emotions and really delve into the karmic messages and learning experiences i need to examine.. but that we all do it uniquely one can not argue with another about their path of learning their way of evolving because we all stop and start in drips and drabs thru out our lives ,at times the ego for some will rear its head up in times of strength but also times of weakness..the fun of having a human plug in. i missed your imput because many people are teachers like i feel you are ..yes people need to unplug from the material world but never stop plugging into the spiritual because we are here to learn about ourselves and that does take work ..even in ther most relaxing and quietest of ways xxxx so nice to have you back here xx
    Absolutely right Lorri. We somehow think that with our incessant and compulsive mental activity - our thinking, analysis, judgements, planning, etc - we are somehow holding the universe together. In truth, of the 60,000 thoughts each of us think today, 99% of them are the same useless habitual thoughts we had yesterday. Creating space in the mind is essential for our sanity. I think most people's problems are in fact attributable to an overabundance of useless and often quite destructive mental activity. It's like a disease afflicting humanity at its current state of development. Deliberately creating space between our thoughts is so very healing...

So glad you had a great holiday Lorri! And great to have you back again
    so true .. we need to play the chord we were given so that the true song of this existence may play ..xx
    This 'choice' is realized by some as being so apparent that it becomes more like destiny.
    Awesome and so true. Well done Lorri! I have also learned that to do the thing we fear very usually ends the fear and is tremendously liberating!
    Thank you Sean. I guess the only thing that keeps going around in my head is 'fear is the mind killer' from Dune!! And it is so true. If we choose to live with illusion we will be lost.
    HUGS
    I really do love to hear of people suprising themselves, conquering thier own fears and misguided negative assumptions and winning... Its inspiring to the rest of us, well done
    sorry i missed this my friend my sister ..and yes she is definately with you and still learning thru you in every moment ..continue to grow and she will heal side by side ... xxx love you always xx
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast