PDA

View Full Version : The Wisdom Of Adversity

Lion Spirit Walker
December 29th, 2009, 01:06 AM
For each of us, life is full of adversity.
I see adversity as a means by which to grow. 'That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.'
With adversity we are provide a wonderous opportunity to achieve a level of wisdom/understanding that we could otherwise never achieve.
I believe that through our sharing of that wisdom gained through adversity we might provide others an opportunity to bennifit from the wisdom without the need to experience the adversity.
Perhaps we may attempt such a direct [As I believe this occurs irregardless of our direct or conscious intent.] sharing within this thread.?.

Lion Spirit Walker
December 29th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Very early this AM, following several days/nights of sleep deprivation due to insomnia I opened my conscious mind to the Universe. I stated my intent as to express my 'overview' of this lifetime that is mine. To put it simply, I stated that it seem like an endless slew of bull feces, refferring to the ceaseless stream of adversities. I sincerely expressed my grattitude for all that is my life, but reitterated my opinion of the stream of adversities.
This evening I have had a good laugh about it. As it became all to apparent that without the adversities of my lifetime I would not understand or experience Unconditional Universal Love.
This realization allows me to see how wonderous my Life truly is, and will always be.
:two hearts::cool.3::two hearts:

SoulChild
December 29th, 2009, 03:38 PM
I know, that it is certainly starting to feel like 'everything happens for a reason' to be absolutely true!

When one thing brings me down, with patience and staying strong....I am finding that the universe unravels as it should. What I mean by that is, that if I want something at a certain time...and I really want it, but cannot attain it...I am finding that something better is right around the corner!

It is hard to see at the time you are facing the thing you want, and you have to watch it get swept from right under your feet...just to find that it really wasn't what you wanted..you just couldn't look past it to see the thing that was made specially for you at the right time!

So, I have two examples of that about to happen to me, and I don't want to jump the gun yet....but, I will share as soon as it is set in stone! :)

BlueStar
December 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Thank you for sharing Michael and Elizabeth.

I agree with you very much. Without the grit the oyster would never produce such beautiful pearls. Without a measure of challenge and adversity, it's possible we'd all be shallow, superficial people devoid of depth, compassion and love.

Kiran
December 30th, 2009, 07:08 PM
The Universe provides that which we NEED not that which we WANT. This fundamental truth is at the heart of everything and as has already been said, we cannot always see the reason why at the time, but there is always a reason for everything.
I too have been through much adversities in my life (as I have discussed here before) but I know I would not be at the point I am in my life if I had not been through them.
I always thought I was weak, afraid and too scared to do anything....I know now after all I have survived, I am strong, determined and on my path and have reached the point where my empathic skills are now stronger.

Love to you all