PDA

View Full Version : Two Christmas gifts for my MW friends

BlueStar
December 18th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I wanted to give something to you guys as a little Christmas pressie, and decided that I would share a couple of things I've done.

The first is a song that I recently created, it's an ambient track from an album I'm working on. It's one of the few tracks I've made that I don't think requires much additional mixing; it's simple but I hope enjoyable. It's called 'Light' and I wanted to make something that was so beautiful and delicate sounding that it would make Enya sound like Eminem! Hope you like it. (Listen to it with headphones to get the best effect)

http://www.mediafire.com/?k5dygnmmtjj

I also have a free book download for you! This is a quotation compilation book called 'Inspiration', which I made a couple of years ago. It was originally so I could have some copies printed to give as Christmas presents and I never did anything more with it. But I'm able to offer it as a free PDF download. It's arranged into different sections, with a preface to each. Interestingly my outlook has changed a little since I wrote it so I would probably write it differently now, but it's still a cool little compilation of quotations that I've collected over the years. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_62/873000/873239/5/print/inspiration_PDF.pdf

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone :drink: :)

Narnia
December 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Awh - that is so sweet, thank you Rory!! I will look into your kind gifts when I get back from my Holiday visiting and when I have more time to be leisurely about it!

Thank you dearest! :giveheart

Mr. Brightside
December 18th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Listening to "Light" whilst reading your wonderful book "Inspiration, Love both the track (very relaxing) and the book Rory. The book is full of excellent quotes and advice

Thank you very much for the christmas present, It is very much appreciated by me and I am sure it will be by every member of the board..

You have so many hidden talents ;) I am so pleased your are on this board and sharing them with us :)

A wonderful thought my friend :)

BlueStar
December 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Aww thanks guys, you are so welcome. I'm very glad I could share these things with you guys, because you are like an extended family to me. Glad you enjoy the tune and book, Sean and hope you do as well when you get back Polly - have a wonderful time by the way, hope you'll still be able to communicate via Twitter, I wouldn't want Polly withdrawal symptoms :D

Kiran
December 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Rory...thank you my friend :) Beautiful gifts from a beautiful soul!
Love you :two hearts:

BlueStar
December 19th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Thank you for your kind words Lorri, I hope you enjoyed the book and song. Love you lots too :two hearts:

SoulChild
December 19th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the gifts Rory! Thanks so much for thinking of us, and figuring out a way to spread love and joy through the internet! I didn't have time to view them as of yet...but, soon to come, and just the thought of you giving us all a gift, I just had to show my gratitude:girl_yes3 (1): :two hearts:

God's Toy
December 20th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Once again you have shown us how talented you really are!

Thanks so much for taking the time to do this and for being of MW.

(Have some rep on me)

BlueStar
December 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks Elizabeth & Peter - I'm really touched by your comments. I'm glad I could share some of my stuff with you - it's an honour to be here and to have met you beautiful people, who I'm glad to consider my close friends :) Glad I could share.