PDA

View Full Version : New - Delerium - Dust in Gravity

planetlove
December 11th, 2009, 05:58 PM
COfRGQ46CCA&feature=related

BlueStar
December 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I used to be a big fan of Delerium in the Semantic Spaces/Karma golden era, but they've been on an epic downward spiral (in my opinion). This is very generic radio pop, I'm not getting any sense of depth or mystery. Seems they are aiming for the X Factor/American Idol type of audience perhaps?

Oh well. I recommend people check out Blue Stone's album's 'Worlds Apart' and 'Messages' which capture the essence of old Delerium at its best. :Boy_yes3:

planetlove
December 12th, 2009, 03:09 AM
i love there older stuff also...
but i'm open to evolution in sound ...
V

mary
December 15th, 2009, 03:08 PM
I didn't know they have a new single, let's hear it... thanks seadragon :D.

planetlove
December 15th, 2009, 07:11 PM
the track is growing on me ...can't wait for the new album

there will new a delerium DVD
and also a REMIXED album next year ....

March 2nd release date...
V

Krash
December 16th, 2009, 04:26 AM
I used to be a big fan of Delerium in the Semantic Spaces/Karma golden era, but they've been on an epic downward spiral (in my opinion). This is very generic radio pop, I'm not getting any sense of depth or mystery. Seems they are aiming for the X Factor/American Idol type of audience perhaps?

Oh well. I recommend people check out Blue Stone's album's 'Worlds Apart' and 'Messages' which capture the essence of old Delerium at its best. :Boy_yes3:

That was exactly how I felt. Who knows who they are targeting, but they have been trying to be mainstream ever since the success of their single Silence. Now every song seems to be a repeat of that, but they never measure up. It would be like Enigma making Sadeness over and over again.

Genesis
December 16th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Its definately pop but not bad pop. I actually like this song and she has an interesting voice.

Not the delerium im used to..but not bad. I really like the video too. Cool cinematography too. But then maybe im just partial. LOL. This is definately better then that single from Chimera.. forget the name...

Genesis
December 16th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Its wierd Kreesha kinda reminds me of a mixed version of Yancy Butler in some of her mannerisms.. maybe thats why I like her...

http://yancybutler.net/pictures/Yancy%20Butler%207.jpg

BlueStar
December 16th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I'm being stubborn, I still don't like it. If it's the best they have to offer from the new album then I'm not optimistic about it. Although I did note with interest that there is a distinct 'Seven Lives' vibe about the strings...interesting if Delerium is being 'influenced' by Enigma again, when all Leeb and Fulber are always very condescending about Enigma in interviews.

Jester Black
December 16th, 2009, 01:41 PM
personally, Im not nuts about the track.

...interesting if Delerium is being 'influenced' by Enigma again, when all Leeb and Fulber are always very condescending about Enigma in interviews.

Thats goes both ways Rory. Cretu says he doesnt even know who Delerium is (BS). And you know, Rhys Fulber, who is largely considered one of the best producers on the planet and has credits like Josh Groban, Fear Factory, P.O.D., Serena Ryder, Mudvayne, MegaDeath, Motley Crue, Alice cooper, Avril Lavigne, Mindless Self Indulgence, Paradise Lost and Yes on his resume, REALLY doesnt need to ride on someone else's coat tails. Having once been an enigmatic artist myself, it gets REAL tiresome when ones own work is not judged on its own merits but with regards to what Enigma's done. In fact, its rather insulting.

BlueStar
December 16th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Having once been an enigmatic artist myself, it gets REAL tiresome when ones own work is not judged on its own merits but with regards to what Enigma's done. In fact, its rather insulting.

I get you Jay, but I actually WAS judging the work on its own merits, the Enigma comment was incidental. I feel it's just a middle of the road pop song whose main aim is to try and get some radio play. Of course nothing wrong with that, but I like my pop to be a little more creative and have a little depth, like 'Two Suns' by Bat for Lashes, my album of the year. I guess I am being a little tough on Delerium, but it's only because I know they're capable of doing so much better. That said, this is just one song and may not reflect the upcoming album at all.

Jester Black
December 16th, 2009, 03:45 PM
i was talking more about the way Fulber and Leeb react to "Enigma" questions in interviews than anything you said Rory.

I think the new Delerium will be a pop album just like the last 2. I think Leeb has consciously separated Delerium from FLA, especially now that Fulber has started Conjure One. FLA today sounds more like the old Delerium and Conjure One moves that way as well. So where does that put Delerium? Well I think were seeing that its morphed into something else. Having been influenced heavily by Delerium (much more than Enigma), Im not too keen on the change, but given where FLA has gone and the emergence of Conjure One, I can certainly understand it.

Again, Im notnuts about the track, but one thing you can always count on from Leeb and Fulber, the arrangment and musicianship are absolutely steller.

Krash
December 16th, 2009, 11:15 PM
i was talking more about the way Fulber and Leeb react to "Enigma" questions in interviews than anything you said Rory.

I think the new Delerium will be a pop album just like the last 2. I think Leeb has consciously separated Delerium from FLA, especially now that Fulber has started Conjure One. FLA today sounds more like the old Delerium and Conjure One moves that way as well. So where does that put Delerium? Well I think were seeing that its morphed into something else. Having been influenced heavily by Delerium (much more than Enigma), Im not too keen on the change, but given where FLA has gone and the emergence of Conjure One, I can certainly understand it.

Again, Im notnuts about the track, but one thing you can always count on from Leeb and Fulber, the arrangment and musicianship are absolutely steller.

As a non professional myself, as much as I don't like the song, I can tell that the arrangement and musicianship as you say are top notch. They did a great job. You can see that influence in a song that is as far from Karma as you can get. Well, other then Silence! :)

Great to see you are still around Jam Master Jay.

mary
December 20th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Nop :no.1: didn't like it... at all :(...

God's Toy
January 23rd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Can't say I love it... it's a grower maybe, her voice bugs a little.. Once more the message is lost within a generic pop song.

Sadness.

BlueStar
January 23rd, 2010, 02:05 PM
It's available on itunes, but sadly it's not a song I felt I wanted to download :( I'm also disappointed that it's not from a new album as such, but just from another greatest hits around the corner...which is frankly ridiculous because Delerium has only released ONE new album since their last greatest hits. Oh well. We shall see :)

planetlove
April 5th, 2010, 11:54 PM
The remixed album has been released...