PDA

View Full Version : Voyage to Future

Jordan
November 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Send letter to your future self..share your hopes, dreams, resoulutions...secrets girl_witch
It's not about Time Machine, it's about Internet service who'll try to contact you in future. It's very simple, it's enough that you choose the date when exactly web service contact you and send email with your message...and take your time to wait.
This can be funny and useful if your message will arrive in right moment.
Lets try and think twice what you will send:bump-1:

http://www.futureme.org/

:laugh:

BlueStar
November 21st, 2009, 08:06 PM
INTERESTING!!

I will check this out Jordan. Hmmm....

I've done the opposite exercise, and find it very powerful. You imagine that you are at the end of your life and you write a letter to your present day self filled with advice to yourself. It's a very powerful practise. It tends to bring things into perspective and help you connect to the really important stuff which we so often lose sight of.

Now, the other way round. I'm not sure what I'd say to my 'older self' or even if I particularly would want to say anything. Would have to think about that and why I'd want to do it.

Narnia
November 21st, 2009, 09:04 PM
*Hm?* that is wild indeed ... it would be interesting to see how one's way of thinking evolves ... I'll give it go ... but I must think about this for a while ...

I may start it out as ... 'look around at where you are now and are you happy ... if not ... change something quick, fast and in hurry!'

Interesting thread Jordan!