PDA

View Full Version : V - 2009

Mr. Brightside
November 11th, 2009, 12:42 AM
V the new series has started, last week the pilot aired in the US and did it start with a bang, The pilot was fantastic. Out of all the new shows aired recently I think this will be the biggie.

ahjPQjQGdbU

For anybody who never seen the original back in the 80s

Synopsis: Men, women and children all around the world are shocked and awed by the sudden arrival of the Visitors, an alien race that appears throughout Earth by way of massive hovercrafts. The various ships all echo the same projected message from Anna (Morena Baccarin), the leader of the V's: "We are of peace, always."

But discoveries over the course of the next several weeks lead some to realize that the Visitors do not come in peace, nor is their arrival as sudden as most people think — indeed, the Visitors have been among us for quite some time, and their intentions are anything but peaceful.

The main actress in it is none other than Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet the slow motion blinking queen from LOST)

It was one of the best opening episodes of a show I have seen, catch it if you can.

http://www.seanpaune.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/v2009.png

Lion Spirit Walker
November 11th, 2009, 12:49 AM
While in the Navy I read the book when it was initially released.
May I let the snake out of the bag? Please? ........
Hehehehe
Sorry. I'll behave.

God's Toy
November 11th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yep really looking forward to this! It's going to be on Sky- Sifi channel (in all it's HD goodness! YEY!) but not till the new year. boo... In Ireland it started on November 5th on TV3.

Really want to see this as Ive been looking forward to this remake (or 're-imagining' as they call it) for years but am willing to wait that little bit more for the HD version.

:drink:

Kiran
November 11th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I never saw the original series and so I am completely new to this! I have to say I did enjoy the pilot so I will wait to see more to pass any comments :)

planetlove
November 12th, 2009, 03:05 AM
looks good
i saw a few episodes of the original series
V

Mr. Brightside
December 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well after 4 espisodes I still love it - It really hit its gear in the last episode but 4 epsiodes then a break for 3 months??? American TV is wacky...

Morena Baccarin (Inara Serra in Firefly) as V queen Anna is fantastic.

http://www.whedon.info/IMG/jpg/morena-baccarin-v-tv-series-promo-mq-03.jpg

Mr. Brightside
May 17th, 2010, 07:38 PM
So has anybody watched it yet then? What do you think?

God's Toy
May 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Yep but I waited months till Syfy had them so only getting into it now.

So far so good I think. I still kinda like to 80's one more... maybe.

What really bugs me however is the way they keep calling themselves 'V's' why? and also they talk in English when they are on board the ships?? Oh and ALWAYS in Human skin? really? More little niggles here and there but overall I'm really liking it.

The power the queen holds on her subjects, the way she provides them with all the 'feelings and/or emotions' they need is interesting to me.

Mr. Brightside
May 17th, 2010, 10:16 PM
I am enjoying it still, The character of Anna is very intriguing, (and very evil lol) I am up to about episode 11 and although it can be a bit slow at times its still a good show... I know what you are saying about the "V"s. I think it could do with a bit more Sci fi and a bit less cop show..., Looking at were its going though it looks promising. Love the design of the spaceships.

I dont really remember the original V that much, I remember it been on TV and watching a few episodes but dont really remember the whole story arc, so its pretty much new to me... (As was Battlestar Galactica) These reimaginings of shows can be pretty good for people like me who never really watched the originals so get to watch them from a new perspective..

Samael
June 22nd, 2010, 01:21 AM
I'm a huge fan.. I remember watching original series every morning before kindergarten.. My parents thought I was watching cartoons :) I'm not a huge fan of this reboot, I even stooped watching.. Maybe, because back then they made a story and not milk it as much as possible and when rating slip they just cancel it...

What I kinda like is what Peter said about the skin.. I like how they are going with the time, back in the 80s skin was nothing more then a wrapper, now it serves a purpose, and is bio mechanically based.. Very interesting, but then again I am biomedical enginner, so that kind of stuff is interesting for me...

little bird
June 27th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I'm loving it. Having not seen it in the 80's, I'm also new to it but have to admit, I'm hooked. If I can, I'll wait until after the series and hunt out the book as I'm sure it's a great read.