PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Chaotic Species

Lion Spirit Walker
November 8th, 2009, 03:03 AM
I had just watch a Nova program on PBS which discussed the hypothesis of our being as we are now, a product of erratic climatic change. The information provided in support of this hypothesis was very sound.
It basically discussed how we are nature's perfect design with regard to our evolutionary process being directly effected by chaotic climatic changes. The more erratic the changes the more accellerated our evolution, our growth.
This brought to mind two thoughts for myself.
1. Considering where we currently are with regard to global climate change, we may in fact bennifit from the extremes that await us on the horizon. Our evolution, our growth stands ready to become extremely accellerated. Perhaps the Mayans were correct after all.
2. Perhaps deep within our genetic memory we have been taking the steps necessary to bring us to where we currently stand. Through-out the existance of our being, we have 'instinctively' done that which has been required to set the stage for our next great leap in evolution/growth.
LOL. Perhaps this species wide Awakening that we discuss from time to time is about to occur. Whether or not we believe ourselves to be ready.
Either way, it gives hope to this extreme chaos that we are facing.

Logio
November 8th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Yes, chaos places stress on all organisms. Some species adapt because of climate change, and some die out....but an ecosystem's collapse could cause the entire species of a planet to become extinct.
I recommend a good book called 'Darwin's Dangerous Idea', by Daniel Dennett; you may find it enlightening.

2. Perhaps deep within our genetic memory we have been taking the steps necessary to bring us to where we currently stand. Through-out the existance of our being, we have 'instinctively' done that which has been required to set the stage for our next great leap in evolution/growth.

Some say we are subconsciously aware of trends that are coming hundreds or thousands or years in the future....that perhaps the collective conscience and collective unconscience of our species, understands and has a certain sense for these wrinkles in time.

Respectfully,

Nathan

BlueStar
November 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Interesting thoughts :) For a species to evolve, something has to happen that necessitates that evolution, that basically forces them to evolve. If we continue as we have without evolving, we're not going to last long. And sometimes we have to experience what we do not want in order to be clear as to what we do want. For all the turbulence in the world, there is a growing level of awareness and something which maybe didn't exist to nearly as great as degree in the past: namely, the recognition of insanity as insanity. Perhaps this is the cusp of an evolutionary breakthrough from insanity to sanity? Life likes to perpetuate itself, even if has to rewrite the rules and re-organise the code to do this. Perhaps life will enable us to achieve this breakthrough? I have to believe that life is on our side. Our only obstacles are usually ourselves (that is to say, the pig-headed human mind and ego).

brother
November 9th, 2009, 05:07 PM
One of my daughters was diagnosed this past summer with a seizure disorder and she had a number of visits to the Children's Hospital near here. During one of the visits they hooked her up to a portable eeg machine that monitors brain activity and she wore it for 48hrs so that they could see a broad spectrum of activity and pin point when she had her seizures.

When we went back into the hospital to have the eeg read, the nurse shared some interesting things with us. She had been working with newborns for the better part of 30yrs and only recently switched to neurology. What she said to us was huge to me. She explained that recently children, babies, were being born more aware. She said that in the last fifteen years they had noticed a large jump in the awareness and brain activity of newborns and that its well documented and scientists and doctors are trying to puzzle out why and what it might mean.

Just thought I'd share ;)

BlueStar
November 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Fascinating to hear, brother. I'm not all that surprised.

What I do worry about is this. Are we ready to nurture these more aware souls that are being born, or are we letting them down? (I don't mean us, personally, but as a society!). My nephew was a very ethereal child, very bright, very aware, very different - in a good way. He was home schooled until he was about 10 and then he went to school...and then he kind of lost that unique quality, which the world is so in need of and became more like 'other children', presumably forfeiting something of his true nature just to fit in. This happens a lot I think....It's really sad to me, although I know I am not really to judge...what is IS. And I do believe - and hope - that one day he will rediscover that uniqueness and tap back into his inherent oneness and connection.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 10th, 2009, 10:37 PM
All with purpose.
:radar.1:

Rana
November 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM
great perspective thinking .. i suppose all species here on earth in a physical sense are evolving ..adapting ..especially human kind as they are the ones who have pretty much stuffed up the eco system single handedly ..hmmm most the other species have adpated their instinctual habits around the damage of their natural habitat from humans .. like the bird who instictually migrates to another continent like that of his grandfathers and gets there and instead of the programmed forests there is a concrete jungle ..he goes "what the ...!!" .. so we too adapt ..forced evolution ? meant to be ? i suppose its all about staying calm and having perspective ..remaining close to the source thru it all stay tuned xx

seadragon
December 13th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Yes, chaos places stress on all organisms. Some species adapt because of climate change, and some die out....but an ecosystem's collapse could cause the entire species of a planet to become extinct.
I recommend a good book called 'Darwin's Dangerous Idea', by Daniel Dennett; you may find it enlightening.

Some say we are subconsciously aware of trends that are coming hundreds or thousands or years in the future....that perhaps the collective conscience and collective unconscience of our species, understands and has a certain sense for these wrinkles in time.

Respectfully,

Nathan

A wrinkle in time! My favorite book as a child! I am going to read Daniel Dennetts' book too. Thanks:Boy_yes3:
I love hearing my airy-fairy spiritual thoughts explained by science! Sometimes I imagine life and the universe is a computer game. It is set up with laws and logic that we can program different experiences into. My mind is too feeble to grasp the physics of things and I so admire those that can but then we are all here to "play the game"!
Thanks for sharing your wonderful intellect.
Gia

seadragon
December 14th, 2009, 02:42 AM
I am reading about the findings of a psychologist Al Seibert and the personality profile of survivors of cancer, war, disaster etc, and beside being complex and paradoxical (biphasic) which gives them a wider array of resources to call upon, like being serious and playful... shy and aggressive... introspective and outgoing... hardworking and lazy....etc. They also have a high need for synergy- the need to have things work out for oneself and others.

Kiran
December 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Fascinating to hear, brother. I'm not all that surprised.

What I do worry about is this. Are we ready to nurture these more aware souls that are being born, or are we letting them down? (I don't mean us, personally, but as a society!). My nephew was a very ethereal child, very bright, very aware, very different - in a good way. He was home schooled until he was about 10 and then he went to school...and then he kind of lost that unique quality, which the world is so in need of and became more like 'other children', presumably forfeiting something of his true nature just to fit in. This happens a lot I think....It's really sad to me, although I know I am not really to judge...what is IS. And I do believe - and hope - that one day he will rediscover that uniqueness and tap back into his inherent oneness and connection.

Hmm...I read your's and brother's post with interest. Don't forget we have these children being born for quite some time now....many would be young adults now.
Crystal and Indigo children have been with us for quite some time now and have we let them down? Yes to some extent I think we have. Many of these children have felt misunderstood and confused...born into a place where no one understands them.
It is with us to teach and help these young/old ones. Many have succumbed to peer pressure and gone astray, many have harmed themselves unable to cope.
It is sanctuaries like this place we have here to be a beacon - to not be so quick to judge or comment when a child says they saw or heard something we may not necessarily agree with or believe.
Everyone goes on about outer space, the ocean depths etc but what about the 'inner' space?

Just my tuppence worth.

Lion Spirit Walker
December 29th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Look around...
This progression began long, long ago.
;)