PDA

View Full Version : All animal lovers please take action now

BlueStar
November 6th, 2009, 08:37 PM
This really upset me, fortunately I was able to stop reading before I got the gruesome details and I refuse to watch the video as I'm otherwise have had sleepless nights....

Chinese fur farms are basically skinning animals alive, and someone has filmed the graphic and sickening barbaric practise and sent the video to PETA. I can't think of a worse way to inflict suffering on a living being. This disgusts me beyond words and makes me despair of the human race.

These petitions DO make a difference so please sign now. Thank you :)

http://www.petitiononline.com/stopcff/petition.html

TheNavigator
November 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
(((Hugs)))

Well...I didn't watch this video, but if it's the one I think it is, I saw it a couple of times a few years ago...it is not recommended unless you want to be ill.

The truth is that it has only been in recent years that animal rights have come about, and that we have begun to regard them as living sentient beings, deserving of the best treatment.

The treatment of animals is coming from a place of either understanding and respect, or ignorance...and many places in the world do not see or regard animals in the same light as we do...not because they are cruel human beings so much as because they are ignorant and have become hardened to the suffering through years of exposure.

It is like living on a farm and the first few times as a child you go out to get the Thanksgiving turkey. I don't know anyone that wasn't horrified the first couple of times. However over time and through exposure these children grow up feeling OK about it.

I don't agree with the behavior of people that do mass killings and inhumane killings of animals.

So I really believe that we need to educate world wide on the true state of being of animals and about the humane treatment of them...we can't simply go to a part of the world into a different culture and say STOP...but through education and understanding perhaps we can see a change, if not within the elder population, within the youth.

Peace ~ Love ~ Harmony

Shannon

BlueStar
November 8th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Thanks for your words Shannon. :two hearts: I absolutely agree that we must educate all people to treat our animal brothers and sisters with love and compassion. When I look at an animal...I see myself. When I see one suffer...I feel myself suffering.

The crusader in me very much could go into any culture, context or setting and say STOP and given the chance I would. But the education must come along with it...and even then, it's not so much 'education' and teaching people to open their hearts. The cruelty must stop NOW though, not after. Action and love, love and action walking arm in arm :)

TheNavigator
November 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
(((Lucid))))

I can and do understand what you are saying...It seems so meaningless and cruel based on our beliefs and understandings.

However, I want to point out that when we impose our beliefs and understandings on those that have different beliefs and understandings we historically end up in a war...not in a resolution or even in an open communication.

When you think about how we all react to someone walking up to us and telling us we are wrong and forcing their opinion or ideals upon us...what do we do...we resist. It doesn't matter whether that person is correct or has a point, we don't even see that because the truth is we are being threatened...so we respond by defending our point, and digging in deeper with our belief...to prove it is right.

When we share with one another, not imposing our ideals, but rather giving the other person evidence and information in a non positional manner, or a threatening manner, the other person has a chance to review these things and perhaps change the way they approach a subject or situation.

I would like to see these things end in our world...to bring a sense of respect towards all living beings, and slowly but surely I believe that this is happening, we are moving forward and we are making strides.

One day...maybe in our lifetime we will see the real change.

Looking around over my lifetime I've seen so much change, and I've been here a very short time. I see that animals are being protected in ways that were never imaginable 100 years ago...and more and more of us are born into this world with that respect in tact.

I do believe that by making the world aware of these things we do put pressure on those that are unaware of their doings and they will pay attention.

Also...lets look at what is happening in this case...the animals are being raised only for their furs, there is a market for them...so are we asking for them to completely stop doing this...or are we saying that we wish for this to be done in a humane manner?

That also makes a difference what action needs to be taken...do we give these people the means to kill these animals humanly, or do we ask them to stop doing the thing that supports their families?

Just some thoughts.

Peace ~ Joy ~ Love

BlueStar
November 8th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Excellent points, Shannon. I totally understand and get you.....forcing change does indeed tend to create more resistance. I am still learning to temper my passion to intervene in a way that's most productive.

Ultimately and ideally I would love to see the fur based industry ended, but in this case what is immediately needed is a humane way to kill these poor animals. Being skinned alive....I can't even begin the imagine the pain, terror, distress....words just can't convey. It makes me sick thinking about it.

How this petition may help is to show how much opposition there is to this practise. I'd imagine bad PR and widespread opposition might force these farms to take action. No one likes being unpopular...especially when money is at stake. So.......we can but hope.

Like you said, there is growing awareness about these issues and I do believe we are moving forward, slowly, painstakingly slowly...but forward nonetheless :)

Lion Spirit Walker
November 11th, 2009, 01:57 AM
I signed it for all the Giant Baby Crazy Goats.