PDA

View Full Version : Native American 10 Commandments

Lion Spirit Walker
November 6th, 2009, 02:30 AM
The Earth is our Mother, care for her.

Honor all your relations.

Open your heart and soul to the Great Spirit.

All life is sacred, treat all beings with respect.

Take from the Earth what is needed and nothing more.

Do what needs to be done for the good of all.

Give constant thanks to the Great Spirit for each new day.

Speak the truth; but only of the good in others.

Follow the rythems of Nature; rise and rest with the sun.

Enjoy life's journey, but leave no tracks.

Kiran
November 6th, 2009, 08:32 AM
I love this Psyche!! I had this up in my home as a poster/reminder!!
Thanks for reminding me again :)
HUGS

BlueStar
November 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I love it. Subtle, beautiful and connected reminders....we've forgotten in our culture what's important. Not flatscreen TVs, nintendo Wiis and the X Factor....:confused.3: but reconnecting with the essence of nature, of which we are not separate. That's the main theme of the Tao Te Ching and why I am enjoying so much immersing myself in its wisdom. The Native Americans never lost that connection. I feel great affinity for their way or relating to the world.

Jester Black
November 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
The Native Americans never lost that connection.

How I wish that were true. But alas, even amongst the 500 nations, corruption has taken root, with uica and drugs destroying whole generations, and entire nations, such as my own, struggling to rediscover their roots in the forgotten annals of a distorted history. And its not the trappings of modern technology or culture that threatens us. No, it is that too many have disconnected with the frame of mind that puts us in oneness with the lifesong and Yaya. Most of my people do not even know they are of our people. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Taiguey

Jay

BlueStar
November 6th, 2009, 01:40 PM
How I wish that were true. But alas, even amongst the 500 nations, corruption has taken root, with uica and drugs destroying whole generations, and entire nations, such as my own, struggling to rediscover their roots in the forgotten annals of a distorted history. And its not the trappings of modern technology or culture that threatens us. No, it is that too many have disconnected with the frame of mind that puts us in oneness with the lifesong and Yaya. Most of my people do not even know they are of our people. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Taiguey

Jay

Sad to hear, Jay :( I was actually going to add to my original statement that I wasn't so sure about recent times, as I know there has been so much cultural degradation and erosion. Although am I right in thinking there are still some tribes and elders that keep the old traditions and knowledge alive?

Jester Black
November 6th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I believe this best answers your question

http://www.boricua.com/taino/index.html

Lion Spirit Walker
November 6th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Lucid, There are.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 10th, 2009, 05:43 AM
This is the time of the seventh generation.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 26th, 2009, 05:11 AM
This certainly felt appropriate.

ad8WjlL172E

Rana
November 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
like many spirits who have entered body and become clouded by all the modern noise .. they may not hear the great spirit anymore ..but the connection ..is always there ..one can never sever the cord that binds them .. .its the return to yourself