PDA

View Full Version : 10 Questions for the Dalia lama

Narnia
November 5th, 2009, 02:19 AM
10 Questions for the Dalia Lama ...

If you had the once in a lifetime opportunity to meet with his Holiness the Dalia Lama and could only ask 10 questions ... what would you ask?

I will come back later after I have given this some thought .... until then I look forward to your responses. :)

Thank you!

MystEerieUsOne
November 5th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Wow, you know this is actually a movie, too?

Ten Questions for the Dalai Lama (http://www.thedalailamamovie.com/trailer/index.html)

I've actually written to the Dalai Lama before, directly to him at his home in Dharmsala.

I can't detail what I asked him to help me with, but what I asked actually then very genuinely happened shortly after, so... :cute.3:

As for questions (other than that)... I have several, besides the most obvious one of asking how HE deals with his own relentless precognitions, but I would also like to ask him what I ask Nature/the Universe all the time:

Why on earth do I have to have so many *realizations* and *pre-realizations* when every obstacle stands in the way, by Nature's own physics itself, of my sharing them outside myself.

There are plenty more, but when I get angry and argue with Nature, that's usually the one I insist on having answered. :confused.3:

Lion Spirit Walker
November 5th, 2009, 05:14 AM
I would simply say "Thank You."

God's Toy
November 5th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Yes same goes with me.
as His Holiness is the perfection I one day hope to attain. I could not ask anything of him but I would offer to serve him.

Narnia
November 5th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Wow, you know this is actually a movie, too?

Ten Questions for the Dalai Lama (http://www.thedalailamamovie.com/trailer/index.html)

I've actually written to the Dalai Lama before, directly to him at his home in Dharmsala.

Well, actually, yes I have seen the documentry - I thought about recommending it at first in the Movie Thread then I thought it held more weight in being discussed rather than just casually recommended .... plus I just knew that you would have already seen the documentry and be quick to point it out :)

So, it struck to me to create a thread for it instead!

ps: I hope you hear back from his Holiness the Dalia Lama and I hope his words of wisdom guide you well!

MystEerieUsOne
November 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
I think it is really important to question HH the Dalai Lama.

(In fact, it's important to question everything!) :cute.3:

His Holiness travels the world to participate in meetings with university professors and scientists, politicians and clergy, monks and others to share in the essential dialoguing it takes for everyone involved to learn, including himself.

He is "a simple Buddhist monk" because he *knows* that what is ultimately *realized* is the very same awakening the highest academic, the most renowned scientist, the most accomplished Pope, a staving child in a third world country, a political leader in Beijing, or the person who sleeps in a back alley could ever possibly attain.

Dialogue is important. He has so much to share, and so much to keep asking, himself. With every return from the pinnacle, new situations arise for Consciousness to then be applied, and from those new situations, even more awakening is attained. He loves learning and exploring and is open to whatever comes his way. It is through the many questions put forth to His Holiness that millions who observe his responses then learn from, so those questions are important in creating the impetus and focus needed toward the awakening of all those present in some form when he is answering!

I do *get,* though, what you actually mean. The Dalai Lama is an extraordinary person who has devoted his life to awakening. I believe the best way to serve him is to ask him questions, because every question provides him with the time and space and opportunity to provide the Answers all who are present will learn and evolve from. It is exactly that questioning that leads to those opportunities for dialogue, with His Holiness being invited to universities all over the world for week long (and other) symposiums, and to his having a constant audience of visitors in search of Answers at his home in Dharmsala.

To best serve him, questioning him will honor him with the opportunity to Answer.

Lion Spirit Walker
November 6th, 2009, 01:58 AM
For all who may seek answers, let them ask as to receive that which they seek.
I have no questions for him. Only true appreciation for his being who he is in the present.
And as such, would simply thank him.
For each of us the Path of Life is as unique as the true essense of our very being. We each must be True to our Being.

MystEerieUsOne
November 6th, 2009, 11:21 AM
seen the documentry and be quick to point it out

So, it struck to me to create a thread for it instead!

ps: I hope you hear back from his Holiness the Dalia Lama and I hope his words of wisdom guide you well!

I hoped it would bring some additional dimension and member interest to your thread, helping it along. Always nice to have music and decorations. :cute.3:

I wrote to his Holiness several years ago, relative to a precognition I was having and knew he would also have to be having. The nature of it was such that I didn't include a return address. Guess I didn't feel he needed one. The communication both ways was already there. What I specifically asked him to help me with, though, then very obviously actually happened, just as I had specifically asked...and incredibly so. In a way, I think we both kind of helped each other on that one. Astonishing, though, that what I had asked then happened as extraordinarily and beautifully as it did. There's no doubt in my mind that he was involved.

It has been very comforting to me through the years that His Holiness is similarly precognitive. I never have to explain myself. There's just instant recognition. I've been told by Tibetan monks themselves, who run schools and Buddhist Centers, that I am more Conscious, more evolved, than themselves. I don't know if that's necessarily a comfort, but it is definitely very comforting to have the Dalai Lama close by when I need him. :Buddha:

He just always knows the right thing to say! :cute.3:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what questions others may ask of him here. Great thread idea!

BlueStar
November 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I think I would just love to be in his presence.....I don't know if I have any questions as such. Questions come from words which come from thoughts which come from concepts and ditto the answers. Maybe just being in his presence would be enough for me. And also to thank him for being such a shining light in the world.

I read his autobiography "Freedom in Exile" two years ago and was extremely moved, humbled and inspired by it. If anyone hasn't read it I truly recommend it. If I had any questions to ask him, it might be about his experiences dealing with such an unbelievable burden as he carries...and to find out how he cultivates so much equanimity and compassion when he has so much opposition from the Chinese, who occupy and brutalise his homeland as well as trying to villify him in the worst ways. Can any of us imagine carrying such a burden? It seems almost beyond human endurance....and yet he continues shining and working for peace and harmony while seeking resolution to the situation.

I wonder......what can we each learn from him? and how can we apply it to our own daily lives?

MystEerieUsOne
November 12th, 2009, 02:43 PM
The most important thing anyone and everyone can learn from HH the Dalai Lama arises from his well-known statement that he is "a simple Buddhist monk."

This statement is founded upon the reality that Conscious Enlightenment, which is an *awareness* of ...the physics the universe is actually using... as opposed to some religion-specific, subjective spiritual *place,* by that very physics belongs to and is accessible to everyone, whether some person in a back alley sleeping in a cardboard box, a starving child in a third world country or down the street, a struggling every-day laborer just trying to basically survive and support the family, the totally unsuspecting person who lives next door, or the Dalai Lama himself, and everyone in between.

All throughout human history, war after war has originated in the mistaken belief in a "better than" God/godlike-creature personifying the idealisms of the mistaken notions of a group or individual whose journey toward a *realized* state has been seriously incomplete, and kept forever incomplete by the inability or refusal to let go of the false belief in a deity that is "better than," causing the then inescapable natural following of themselves as "less than."

Caught up in that "less than" sense of self, it is inevitable that all sorts of extraneous beliefs and actions would manifest to make up for that relentless and self-initiated experience of never, ever being quite good enough. Self-fulfilling prophecy at its finest.

Everyone, no matter what background or social, financial, political or personal status is *worthy* of being a fully *realized* Enlightened One. One simply has to "do the work."

HH the Dalai Lama is respected, as Buddha himself, (buddha simply being a Sanskrit word meaning one who is realized) for his own accomplished *accesses,* but because of those very *accesses* he recognizes only too well that he is otherwise equal to that person sleeping in a back alley or struggling to feed his or her family everyday, and that those very *accesses* persist in motivating him toward sharing that truth with everyone he can.

So, honoring him for his accomplishments and empathic sharing is beautiful as long as that honor includes the *realized* learning that he and yourself are one. Otherwise, his ultimate message is lost, instead of universally shared and *experienced.*

I love being in the *Presence* (Kundun in Tibetan) of HH the Dalai Lama because he has been a "companion" validating me without effort for many years. I have many, many hours of video conferences of himself and of himself with his colleagues, including many university professors and scientists and worldwide clergy, always with me on my iphone, and many books and dvds of the same around my home. I once visited a Tibetan Buddhist Center shortly after the Dalai Lama had been there, and I felt like a little kid in a toy story with all the photography displayed of his visit, the joy of the resident monk, himself so childlike, and I felt like I had walked into the movie, Kundun, when I found myself leaning on the front of the raised, cushioned seating so often seen being used by the Dalai Lama when he is addressing large audiences, that His Holiness himself had been sitting on. There was such a *Presence* of his Presence there, for sure! It was a presence that validated my own, given my lifetime of being invalidated and ignored.

Sadly, I have noticed that His Holiness almost seems to be grooming the world for his eventual death, certainly a huge loss for the whole world that hopefully won't come for decades, but one he realizes he needs to prepare his followers for. The problem with the system of Dalai Lamas is that the first couple decades for each new Dalai Lama is one led by a regent who speaks for the child Dalai Lama until he has matured enough to directly address the world himself (or herself). During that time, again and again there have been power struggles and suspicious deaths of child and very young DLs, suspected as foul play. With the Chinese having already overtaken the position of the Panchen Lama of Tibet, and some of the Tibetan people choosing violence over a peaceful but lengthy resolution, one can only imagine what will be in store for the Tibetan people, and for the world, after the loss of His Holiness.

Never before, then, has it been more important, more vital, to the survival of respect for Conscious Enlightenment, than to honor the Dalai Lama's life message by behaving and sharing the reality of truth as being naturally inherent and accessible in each and every one of us. One only need "do the work" to *realize* and appreciate that inherent truth.

We are *One.* :two hearts:

BlueStar
November 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I loved your post MysteriousOne, and agree with everything you said.

The Dalai Lama is a true shining light in the world. I love his presence, his joy, equanimity and wonderful humour (his laugh is music to my ears). I also feel that he may be withdrawing a little from the public eye in the next few years. I do have concern about his replacement, as those familiar with the Panchen Lama situation will know that China has basically put themselves in a place to dictate who the next Dalai Lama will be. Not an ideal situation at all...that is assuming that Communist China has not fallen by that time. Who can say...nothing is static.

MystEerieUsOne
November 13th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Thanks! :)

Maybe, on behalf of all visitors to this website, we could put together a list of some really intriguing questions, choose the best ten, and then actually send them to the Dalai Lama in Dharmsala, India, with an invitation to visit this site. :cute.3:

So...

Questions for His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet/the World!

Your Holiness,
Last year I saw that you had been asked whether or not you would choose to reincarnate at all, let alone deciding upon whether to reincarnate* within Tibet itself. On behalf of its/your people within Tibet, and to keep that a decision of the Dalai Lama as opposed to leaving that decision up to the Chinese, it is certainly understandable, albeit dangerous and inhibiting. On the other hand, the world has tremendously benefited from your Presence all over the world. All three choices convey a powerful message, and I wonder if that answer will be shared or be allowed to simply present itself as it manifests in time?

* For anyone unfamiliar with the process of reincarnation, to simplify a very complex explanation, it is essentially a continuation of the mathematical physics, by pairing where the math ending one life is realized as taking its next steps in the next life, just as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 are followed by 10, 11, 12... It is not "just" a matter of a child being able to identify objects from a past life. High lamas *accessing* the mathematical patterning of the universe are able to locate and *connect* the very complicated, complex physics of the predecessor with the successor, so it isn't based on guessing, but rather a matter of Pure Observation. It is the very same process as pre-realization. Whether or not one chooses to believe in reincarnation, the result is the same.