PDA

View Full Version : Nathan's wine season begins

Logio
November 2nd, 2009, 03:12 AM
http://epicurious.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/21/red_wine_design_fusion.jpg

I drink a bit wine from about November first to April First. My wines of choice are Cabernet Sauvignon and Red Zins. Does anyone else here have a taste for grape?

Nathan

Kiran
November 2nd, 2009, 08:28 AM
Oh yes!!! *claps her hands in glee*....lol

As most of you here know I am partial to a drop of red wine and love the Gamet grape. One of my particular favourites is Louis Jadot Fluerie and Poncereau! If you can get them, well worth a try!!
I also love a nice Shiraz...too heavy to have with dinner but a nice drinking wine of chilling out, fire lit and listening to some music....by candlelight :)

Narnia
November 2nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
... but a nice drinking wine of chilling out, fire lit and listening to some music....by candlelight :)

You're such a romantic - I love it! :)

Yes, I have a taste for the grape, but over the years it has become increasingly less or perhaps I should say more refined to my palette. My body perfers the whites than over the reds, although I am not snobbish towards wine - I will give reds their respective attention and savourings. :)

Logio
November 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
As far as whites, I can drink a chilled glass of Pinot Grigio...which is sometimes nice on a Summer day off...but I rarely drink much or during the day.

Nathan

Narnia
November 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
I admit - I rarely drink nowadays - perhaps once a month I'll have a beer, or a glass of wine, or more likely a glass of champagne (I do enjoy the bub-blizz) - any reason for a good cheer!

Such a lightweight I know! :drink:

brother
November 2nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
I have a good all around wine I enjoy.... greymonk and its from Vancouver Island in Canada..... their white zin and Cabernet are quite nice. I havent found a wine I enjoy more.

ahhhhhhhhh Wine and Cheese mmmmm Your a terrible influence Nathan! LOL want some now.

Kiran
November 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
I have to say since I got inot the red wine about ten years ago, I have no palette for white now. I find it too ..hmm...sour...acidic for my taste.
I do enjoy some of the Zinfandel especially Sutter Home...and I like some other Rosé's too.

hehe you made me laugh there Polly! I guess I am a bit like that...too emotional ;)

messickc
November 3rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
http://epicurious.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/02/21/red_wine_design_fusion.jpg

I drink a bit wine from about November first to April First. My wines of choice are Cabernet Sauvignon and Red Zins. Does anyone else here have a taste for grape?

Nathan

A good German Riesling

Logio
November 3rd, 2009, 04:46 AM
The cold season is a great time for me to pour myself a glass of red wine and curl up with a book in my living room. I am currently reading Stephen King's 'Needful Things' and listening to Songs with Words (a two-CD collection) by Mendelssohn -- it's great with wine. :)

Nathan

Rana
November 3rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
im more of a bourban drinker ..and i like JIM BEAM .. i cant drink red wine because i can suffer migrains ..as for white i like ones from the region im from in New Zealand 's Napier Matua Valley .. mmm mmm

Logio
November 3rd, 2009, 11:24 PM
im more of a bourban drinker ..and i like JIM BEAM .. i cant drink red wine because i can suffer migrains ..as for white i like ones from the region im from in New Zealand 's Napier Matua Valley .. mmm mmm

I admit, I like the taste of Whiskey, but I can only drink a bit. I am very much a light weight...the last time I had fun with whiskey was 1992 in Germany...when I did my military tour for the Army: after a bout of drinking games, my wild Army buddies had me buffing the floor in the buff. I think the buffer did more damage to the hallway walls than anything else...but they were hooting and ahollaring...much like a fraternity initiation. Boy, did I have a serious hangover the next morning!....never again did I vow to drink so much...and I have stuck religiously to that. Enough of my sordid past!

Nathan

messickc
November 4th, 2009, 05:25 AM

I, too, prefer the heavier stuff. My fave is Gin and Tonic or Vo (Blended whiskey) and Coke.

Narnia
November 4th, 2009, 12:09 PM
I, too, prefer the heavier stuff. My fave is Gin and Tonic or Vo (Blended whiskey) and Coke.

You know, I do like a Bombay G n' T with a lime on occassion ... that drink gave me some nice memories that are forever etched in my mind. :)

Rana
November 5th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I admit, I like the taste of Whiskey, but I can only drink a bit. I am very much a light weight...the last time I had fun with whiskey was 1992 in Germany...when I did my military tour for the Army: after a bout of drinking games, my wild Army buddies had me buffing the floor in the buff. I think the buffer did more damage to the hallway walls than anything else...but they were hooting and ahollaring...much like a fraternity initiation. Boy, did I have a serious hangover the next morning!....never again did I vow to drink so much...and I have stuck religiously to that. Enough of my sordid past!

Nathan

"buffing the floor in the buff " ohh man thanks for the best laugh ive had in ages .. what a visual man ... imagine JIM BEAM using that as one of their adds ..hee hee

Jester Black
November 7th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I dont consume alcohol. At least not anymore. And no I wasnt a falling down drunk lol. But I am diabetic and nothing throws my blood sugar off like alcohol. The last time I drank was 2 years ago at a wedding. It took 4 months to get my levels back under control after that night, Ive sworn it off since.

But Ive always enjoyed a good glass of wine and was especially fond of a fine merlot. But I also liked the heavier stuff. 12 year old scotch, cognac and super aged rum were among my favs. and i do miss my Mojitos!!! Sigh....oh well.