PDA

View Full Version : Go SoulChild! Go the distance!!

Narnia
October 27th, 2009, 11:28 PM
:purple1: Go SoulChild! Go! Go! Go! :purple1:

In an effort to keep SoulChild's spirits up and going before her daunting and fast approaching date of Nov 2- the big day being a 26.2 mile marathon run!! I thought it would be a fun and good idea to try and rally up all of the MW members to show our support for you and we'll stand in the sidelines cheering you on, telling you: You can do it! Don't give up! Keep on going because you're strong! You ROCK!!

So, let's give our dear SoulChild be cheer for her big endeavour - run well, stay focused, stay hydrated and be well!

:yourock: :drink: :clap: :good2 :red1: :good: :giveheart

This is #5 right?

Mr. Brightside
October 27th, 2009, 11:40 PM
Go Soulchild, :bolt:

enjoy the marathon, good luck Elizabeth :clap::bskip:red1::yourock:

JG2onzLFjpI

What city does the marathon take place?

Like fallin rain
The days go by
Can't kill the pain
And you wonder why
Be strong
Hold on
Lottla love to go around
Stay wild
Soul child
Don't you let 'em bring you down
It's like a dream
Wake me up when it's over
Somewhere in between
Enemy and lover
Walk proud
Sing out loud
It always hurts to wonder why
One more mile
My soul child
You'll never know until you try

Soulchild by Shawn Mullins

brother
October 28th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Great Idea!

hmmmmmmmm.......... anyone know what music she listens to while she runs?

SoulChild
October 28th, 2009, 01:34 AM
:two hearts:Thanks guys so so much! You all sure know how to bring tears to my eyes!!! WOW!!! Thanks so much! :two hearts:

The marathon starts 7am eastern standard time (USA) November 1, 2009 in Raleigh, NC (City of Oaks Marathon and Sony Ericson Half Marathon)...and I listen to Enigma...some Enya, some Jens, some Jean Michael Jarre.....You know, that new agey kind of music...ambient, relaxing.....music that moves me. Mostly Enigma.

Hey guys, you can actually see the pictures of me online at every marathon I have run so far...but, they are not so pretty!....lol

This will be my 4th marathon as I started with my first one in 2005 @ NYC when I was 30. I am now 34 and I plan to run a marathon every year untill I am 40...oh, what the heck...I'll continue to 50.

Thanks guys so much...remember, if you look me up online, I use my goverment name which is Elizabeth Hassan.

I am so excited!!!

SoulChild
October 28th, 2009, 01:36 AM
Go Soulchild, :bolt:

enjoy the marathon, good luck Elizabeth :clap::bskip:red1::yourock:

JG2onzLFjpI

What city does the marathon take place?

Like fallin rain
The days go by
Can't kill the pain
And you wonder why
Be strong
Hold on
Lottla love to go around
Stay wild
Soul child
Don't you let 'em bring you down
It's like a dream
Wake me up when it's over
Somewhere in between
Enemy and lover
Walk proud
Sing out loud
It always hurts to wonder why
One more mile
My soul child
You'll never know until you try

Soulchild by Shawn Mullins

You are truly amazing! Thank you so much! :two hearts:

brother
October 28th, 2009, 03:27 AM
This isnt enigma... but I thought it might motivate you like it does me :)

16FdJrrAWSo

"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[1]
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

[Repeat 1]

Hey, cause I believe in me, oh

[Repeat 1]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye

inutero
October 28th, 2009, 03:28 AM
You go girl with your bad self. I wish you the best.

God's Toy
October 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM
GO! GO! GO! GO! GO ! GO !GO ! GO! :Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3: :Boy_yes3::Boy_yes3:

Kiran
October 28th, 2009, 09:32 AM
You go girl!!! Woohoo!!!

BlueStar
October 28th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Go Soulchild, Go Soulchild, Go Soulchild, GO GO GO!!!!!!

(Check me in my cheerleading mode hehe - where are my pigtails...:girl_yes3 (1): oh, there they go!)

SoulChild
October 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
This isnt enigma... but I thought it might motivate you like it does me :)

16FdJrrAWSo

"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

[1]
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

[Repeat 1]

Hey, cause I believe in me, oh

[Repeat 1]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye

Thank you! Yes, this song is very motivational! I love it...this song actually makes me cry.......I love it! Thanks...

And to everyone else, thanks so much!!! You guys are great!:girl_yes3 (1):

planetlove
October 30th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Don't focus on the marathon become the marathon....

V

SoulChild
October 30th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Thank you V, and you know what....I am going to make darn sure that I enjoy myself, view nature, and enjoy every moment of this. I don't think I will focus so much on time, on the pain, or even on the run itself. I am just going to move and think....like Planet Love.....I love this...thank you....I will become the marathon! I am tuff!girl_witch

SoulChild
October 31st, 2009, 03:04 PM
So, I think it is going to rain tomorrow......a little scared about that...actually, i should be excited..running in the rain is an experience in itself...as long as it is a drizzle it will be fine!.....counting down the hours......wooooooo, yes, I am going to run like two miles in a few minutes...I don't know why I am always doubting myself. I will do fine..its my race anyway! I can take as long or go as fast as I want. Just guys, please, I need your support...just think about me!!! PLEASE!!!! and we always need rain, so I am not wishing the rain away...just wish for a light drizzle insteasd of down pour!...wooohooo, here we gooooooo!!!!:bump-1:

planetlove
October 31st, 2009, 04:47 PM
So, I think it is going to rain tomorrow......a little scared about that...actually, i should be excited..running in the rain is an experience in itself...as long as it is a drizzle it will be fine!.....counting down the hours......wooooooo, yes, I am going to run like two miles in a few minutes...I don't know why I am always doubting myself. I will do fine..its my race anyway! I can take as long or go as fast as I want. Just guys, please, I need your support...just think about me!!! PLEASE!!!! and we always need rain, so I am not wishing the rain away...just wish for a light drizzle insteasd of down pour!...wooohooo, here we gooooooo!!!!:bump-1:

Don't worry if it's raining cats or dogs or drizzling think of it as a cleansing of the self and purity..
as you are moving in the rain ask that all your personal fears be removed from mind and body...
if its shinning you can do the same ....
and then experience the physical marathon as a floating on air ...
do it all in your mind....
after that you will become that much renewed in mind..

My thoughts are always with you...don't fear
you have a special place in my mind/heart you are safe....
love hugs and kisses
V

SoulChild
October 31st, 2009, 05:32 PM
Your words mean alot to me! I can't thank you enough!!! :good

I went running this morning...I was going for 2 miles. My first mile was rocky, so I said to myself, I hope I don't feel like this tomorrow...but, then into the second mile, I felt great...and light.....and I ended up doing 3 and a half miles, and I wanted to keep going. So, you guys are right! I think I will do great tomorrow!

If you guys have fit tv, I have all the Namaste Yoga episodes recorded, and today I did "Head to Knee" and "Seated Twist". the yoga series reall allows me to concentrate, and stretch out some of my hard working muscles! I have been doing yoga I think since 2004. Yet, I don't stay consistant, so there are still some things I cannot do. So, after this marathon tommorrow, I will begin to concentrate on flexability, and I actually want to begin learning belly dancing. Fit TV has a show called Shimmy....I will start following that for a while. I will also begin a blog here for the advanced exercisor and give fit tips and talk about everything I am doing. I am doing this in an effort to keep my motivation up, and to help others who may be interested. If I have no goals, or nothing coming up, I tend to fall off after the marathon...and gain a few pounds, so I don't want to do that this year. I am also on a path of becoming a vegiterian...and will also tell you guys about my progress on that.

So, I am feeling great, and I cannot wait to celebrate after! Wish all you guys were here with me so I can celebrate with you all...but, I guess we will have to celebrate internet style...lol

Heres to tommorrow!!!!!girl_witch:good2

Enkde
October 31st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Go Elizabeth, GO

Fly and run to be the 1st one... ;)

brother
November 1st, 2009, 03:31 AM
here is a slightly modified quote from Isaiah that I look at....

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in LOVE will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

;) go get 'em girl

Lion Spirit Walker
November 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
May your feet move you as the winged feet of Mercury.
My heart is with you.

SoulChild
November 1st, 2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks guys, and here I go!!! I am feeling good...although it is hot outside. Not temperture wize....but, humid! oh, boy...anyway..got to go..and here I go, and when I think of you guys, it makes me smile, and feel motivated...so, thanks for all your posts...you guys will be on my mind as I run....and hopefully the photo guy will catch a good photo of me smiling!....I even did my hair, but, like I said it is humid...so, the bush is back!...LOL j/k....okay, got to go! ;)

SoulChild
November 1st, 2009, 10:25 AM
I thought I was hearing the leaves blowing around...thats rain I here....???well, I still got an hour and a half before the race....???wooooowwww:bump-1:

Narnia
November 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
We're thinking of you every step of the way - have a good time dearheart! :two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
November 1st, 2009, 06:36 PM
So very cool. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your run.
:radar.1:

SoulChild
November 1st, 2009, 08:28 PM
The race was awesome!!! It was so fun at the beginning...I had so much energy...but, I was careful. So, we had pace teams, and I was running with the 4hours and 45minute pace which is just under 11 minutes per mile. Which is awesome.. But, now the NC City of Oaks marathon...is notoreous for its hills! I ended up getting ahead of my pace group..it just seemed to be so slow, so i decided to take advantage of my energy and do what i felt good doing. So, yeah, they ended up passing me later, but I knew it would happen. I think I ended up five or ten minutes behind them, finishing the marathon at 4 hours and 50 -55 minutes. I have to see the acurate number when it is posted because when the gun goes off, you don't neccessarily cross the start at that point. So, you have a gun time and a chip time. I asked a young lady what time it was when I finished and she said 11:54am and the race started at 7am. I think I have about two minutes before I crossed the start...but, we will see. It would mean that again, I have broken my record by 10 minutes as I apparently have a 10 minute pattern going on...going forward with marathon running.

It was so fun at the beginning..everyone was talking..loud, and laughing, and talking and having a great time! I started getting ahead of the team at 10 miles. I wanted my half marathon time to be good.

After the half marathon...the team was gone...and only the two pacing leaders passed me like after mile 21. I kept saying to myself, to be the marathon. But, after 20 miles, you are like....okay, whats going to be my mental focus now, because everything else is thrown out the window. I couldn't focus...so, I did the run walk thing...which really works.

Many people do not know that they can run a marathon in good time by doing run walk each minute or even less....however you do it, a walking period is extrememly beneficial!

I really enjoyed myself and thought of you guys the whole way!

Thanks so much for your support...you guys rock!!

Oh, so by the way, I ran half a mile on the treadmill this morning to warm up. Then I had to walk from my car to the start which was about a mile. Then when I was done I couldn't find my car because it was dark when I parked...so, I ended up walking 2 more miles!!!

I came home and got straight in the bath because , yeah, it rained the whole time! But, I think the rain helps because it motivates you to finish to get out of the rain.

So, let me tell you about the whether....I was 65 degrees when I left my house! By the end of the race it was 54-57!!! COLD AND WET!!! That was the worse part..walking to my car cold, but, as soon as I got home, I ran a warm bath.and now I am feeling good!

Lion Spirit Walker
November 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM
Right On!!!
That is so very cool. I can only imagine what such an experience as that would be like. Mind, body, and spirit syncronized in harmony.
WELL DONE.
:bow:singingintherain::clap::mr_cool

BlueStar
November 1st, 2009, 09:26 PM
Congratulations honey, really proud of ya!!! :Boy_yes3:

I'd say you deserve to put your feet up now and get the family to pamper you a bit :laugh:

Narnia
November 1st, 2009, 09:35 PM
Good for you - SoulChild!! Thank you so much for the race report - it puts more of a visual into your experience! I am happy for you that you finished your 4th full marathon - that is just so darn cool! WOW!! And a hot bath at the end of the day sounds perfect!!

:drink: :giveheart :yourock: :singingintherain: :friends: :Gskip :Hbounce: :orange1:

Big HUGS!!

Logio
November 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
I have known that running this is one of your passions...the spirit of the run is more important than anything...sort of like life. Congrats Elizabeth!

Nathan

messickc
November 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM
Way to go. I'm proud of you!

I see there are many parallels between running a marathon and cycling a century. Sprint intervals helped me, too, especially up to the 70 mile mark. Plus, the info you gave me before my race helped immensely. (It also rained on my ride.) Anywho...

If you are still breaking your records by 10 minutes each run at the age of 34, then there's no reason you can't go PAST 50!

brother
November 1st, 2009, 11:12 PM
:) right on SoulChild.

very very very cool.

Mr. Brightside
November 1st, 2009, 11:50 PM
Well Done Elizabeth, Fantastic you finished the race, rain and all, :) very proud of you, Glad you enjoyed yourself that is the main thing.. :clap: :yourock:

Now enjoy some rest you deserve it ;)

planetlove
November 2nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
:worship
:good
:clap:
:dance
:good2
:pilot:

Super JOB ...

Rana
November 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
sorry ive been offline ! wee hee !! go soulchild go souldchild!!

SoulChild
November 4th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Here are my results...

Place Div No. Name Age S City St
469 26 286 Elizabeth Hassan 34 F Knightdale NC

10k Half Chiptm Time Pace
1:09:57 2:23:04 4:50:25 4:52:57 11:11

So, I am very happy about this!!!

Narnia
November 4th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Here are my results...

Place Div No. Name Age S City St
469 26 286 Elizabeth Hassan 34 F Knightdale NC

10k Half Chiptm Time Pace
1:09:57 2:23:04 4:50:25 4:52:57 11:11

So, I am very happy about this!!!

That is great and important that you're very happy with your results!! :yourock:

SoulChild
November 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Looks like I am going to do it again real soon.....Hey, now I can get two marathons in per year! It will keep me on point and in shape year around! So, I just got an e-mail about a new marathon in another nearby town called "cary" and the marathon is called the "Tobacoo Road Marathon". If anyone knows the history behind tobaco road, i am still learning about it, but it will be nice to see. So, I think I am going to do it. It is March 21st!...Stay tunned.:bolt:

Narnia
November 17th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Tobacco Road Marathon (http://www.tobaccoroadmarathon.com/index.php?action=page&page_id=13)

http://www.tobaccoroadmarathon.com/photo_store/1013200975447_450px-American_Tobacco_Trail.jpg

http://rushthecourt.net/mag/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/tobacco-road.jpg

Maybe it's just me ... but isn't it kind of odd to have a marathon with Tobacco as the event name?

Anyway - that is great SoulChild! 2 marathons in a year is a great goal maybe you'll do a triathlon at some point!!

:yourock:

Lion Spirit Walker
November 18th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Sometimes I wish I could run. My knees aren't genetically designed for running though.
But any other aerobic activity, lol, and I can keep up with the best of them. Despite having AIDS. Hehehehe.
Go figure.
Where there's a will...

SoulChild
November 18th, 2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.marathonfoto.com/index.cfm?RaceOID=22182009F1&LastName=HASSAN&BibNumber=286&Mailing=23480

Okay guys, don't laugh! Remember, I was soaked and wet! and I think my pants were so soaked that they were kinda falling off me ehhehehehe....but, yeah, heres some okay photo's...these are the best marathon photo's so far!...but, again......don't laugh too hard!!!

Polly,
North Carolina is a tobaco state. Not that any of the runners actually support tobaco. but, have you ever heard of the rivalry between Duke and Carolina? It is one of the hugest basketball rivalry...and the rivalry is nicknamed 'battle for tabaco rd"...not that it has anything to do with tobacco...but, Duke University, and North Carolina University is right across from each other seperated by this road. so, I think they are just using the 'tabaco road' as sort of a catch phrase. But, again, North Carolina has big history with the tabaco, and I am stillamazing that I had no idea what all that was growing around here...all the farms all had this same plant, and then someone finally told me it was tabaco. We have our cotton and potatos and apples and much more, but tabaco has been a money maker here....for now anyway....

They said this marathon will be more easy because it is flat. The reason I finished my last marathon five minutes later than my goal was because this one hill...it was like a never ending hilll.....I mean all the hills went up, but there was no down....! LOL

Here is my photo from last year.....http://www.marathonfoto.com/index.cfm?RaceOID=22182008F1&LastName=HASSAN&BibNumber=370&Mailing=23442

SoulChild
November 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Sometimes I wish I could run. My knees aren't genetically designed for running though.
But any other aerobic activity, lol, and I can keep up with the best of them. Despite having AIDS. Hehehehe.
Go figure.
Where there's a will...

I used to have major knee problems. I thought I wouldn't be able to run. But, as soon as someone said I couldn't do it...I just had to see. I ran through the pain. My first marathon, I was really worried about myknee and actually wore a knee thing with the hole.....basketball players wear this...and when I played basket ball in middle school, I also wore one. I hurt my knee doing a Janet Jackson dance 'Pleasure Principle' She did a move where she goes into a split, then closes then jumps back up. when I did the split, and closed my legs, my knee twisted out of socket. Ever since that, as a dancer and athlete, every time I would wiggle my legs in anyway, my knee would pop out, and then I would pop it back in but it would hurt for a while. After running my first marathon, I noticed I didn't have any more knee pain! I feel I have actually healed myself by working it out! It may not work for everyone...it may not work for all.....but, it worked for me, and I didn't know or even expect it. the biggest think I did learn is that I can do anything if I try. At least try and try hard try with the best of your ability..then if you can't do it...man you just can't do it...but, there is limited amount of things I cannot do..Most things I can visualize myself doing...I can in fact do it!girl_witch

Narnia
November 29th, 2009, 11:14 PM
It was so much fun looking at the photos you - has me all inspired now!!! :girl_yes3 (1):