PDA

View Full Version : What are you good at doing?

Narnia
November 20th, 2008, 12:46 AM
All of us have some spectacular qualities and hidden attributes....so, my question is....What are you good at doing?

Okay, I'll start.....

1. Driving in the snow.
2. Raking leaves.
3. Baking sweets.
4. Making fine art frames.
5. Keeping secrets.
6. and I am good listener.

[Later Edit]

7. Following Directions, like Genesis, I only need to see the place once and I can get around.
8. A great sense of direction as well, I have a 97% accurate internal compass.
9. Capturing the atmosphere in plein-air painting.
10. Online researching, I can find almost anything, I actually should have a job in it?
11. and I am told I am a good shipmate...:)

hmm, well, that's all I can think of at the moment, I'll probably add more later! :)

Logio
November 20th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Playing Piano; I play everying from Mozart to Jazz.
Reading; I am an omniverous reader.
Typing...well if 75 WPM is considered good.
Driving...part of it is imagining I'm James Bond. lol!

Good at being disciplined: I run 45 minutes Monday through Friday. I haven't missed a day running or a day of work in two years!

Polly, I love raking leaves!

Polly, I know that you are a good listener. :)

Nathan

Mr. Brightside
November 20th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Good thread Polly

I have an eye for taking good photographs
Building and repairing computers
Decorating
Making good mixed CD's
I also have a knack for organising stuff

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 01:33 AM
posting on message boards! Really:girl_yes3 (1):, I feel that I am good at it! what you guys think?:gathering:

Mr. Brightside
November 22nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
posting on message boards! Really:girl_yes3 (1):, I feel that I am good at it! what you guys think?:gathering:

Yep your an expert SoulChild, I enjoy reading your posts anyway ;)

God's Toy
November 22nd, 2008, 02:03 AM
Yep have to agree! your good at that and always welcome here :) :gathering:

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
You guys are the best! and what you yall doing up so late? Oh yeah, God's toy don't have to work for like a month!...LOL Oh, yes, and it's Friday night! and this is definitley the best place to be on the internet...cause the party is over here!!! wooooo! Okay, yes, I am feeling pretty good, and I am good at more things than just posting on MW...other things are....writing...and not just poetry, I actually have a thing about writing....when it comes to school, and research papers, or any paper, writing is my thing. Also, speaking in front of crowds...because I am not a shy person...but, I still get nervouse, I mean, thats just natural....I am good with sports, basketball, tennis, running, endurance, weight lifting......I can go on with that.....and also, I am great at following instructions, coordination, rules and so on. I used to dance...but, with age, I don't know, and I am fit too, but dancing is not as easy as it used to be when I was in my 20's...so, I am working on that...trying to do the belly dancing thing....Especially now, since I am older, I am sure,my husband will find appreciation in that type of dance! Instead of jerking myself around like hip hop dancing....LOL

Genesis
November 22nd, 2008, 05:16 AM
Heh, this should be interesting.

`Procrastinating (I'm a pro at that)
`Mixing/Arranging Music (finding out recently I got alot of talent for it)
`Art, Mehndi (as you all know)
`Writing (Im not the best, but I'm not the worst, but i can conjure up a pretty interesting tale)
`Directions - (even if i've just been there once, i usually know how to get there again)

Just a few I can think of right now.

Archades
November 22nd, 2008, 05:31 AM
Well being as incredible as I am, (lol) I would have to say that I am good at a lot of stuff. BUT, there are only a few things that I am proud to say I am good at. Being a friend, being someone you can trust, living life the way I want and last but not least, being a GREAT dancer. LoL.

Rana
November 22nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
im good at ...hmmm being a mum
im very talkative ..
holding a party ..creating atmosphere
writing
empathy

and soulchild i agree you are very good at posting !:girl_yes3 (1):

God's Toy
November 22nd, 2008, 12:20 PM
Kicking the nuts off Spam bots that come here to post! :girl_yes3 (1):

That's me I suppose. :)

Kiran
November 23rd, 2008, 05:11 PM
Empathising
Being a good friend
Looking after lost things...animals mostly
Talking
Creating a safe cosy home
Looking after my plant friends and my garden

Hmm....being a mum too I guess

Tzvika
November 24th, 2008, 05:37 PM
-Like gen i'm a master procrastinator.
-I'm a pretty good writer, mostly comical stuff, although its been a real while since i last posted something in my blog.
-i'm a good cook. I think i can handle almost any recipe and it wont come out poisonous.
-I can change the diapers of my 6 months old niece/

mary
November 24th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Working underpressure and manage to sneak peek MW to post a few words

Stargazer
November 25th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I think i am good at whatever i do......i apply myself very well.......

1.Cooking.... the best thing a man can and should learn.
2.Almost all household chores ...... ;)
3.Stealing.......except for the stolen thing, i won't leave a trail behind :Shhh
4.I am pretty good at offering advices for people both young and old.......and i've got myself into trouble for advising elder people :laugh:
5.I am good at keeping secrets.....(Polly i am with you on this one)
6.Being a dependable and trustworthy person.
7.I live up to my words :)

Mr. Brightside
November 25th, 2008, 05:46 PM
3.Stealing.......except for the stolen thing, i won't leave a trail behind

:rofl: at least your honest Stargazer :D

Tzvika
November 26th, 2008, 04:49 PM
10. Online researching, I can find almost anything, I actually should have a job in it?
I'm good at that too. We're master google'ers.

Narnia
November 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I'm good at that too. We're master google'ers.

Yep, google'ers is right!! Hey, maybe we could go into business...?...or maybe not!? :biggrin

Genesis
November 26th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Telling everyone else what they can be doing better.
I'm getting better at not doing it :D

Tzvika
November 26th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Yep, google'ers is right!! Hey, maybe we could go into business...?...or maybe not!? :biggrin
Hmm...Today the internet, tomorrow THE WORLD! Succumb to our supirior searching knowledge you pitiful humans!

I think this could be our slogan :D

Tzvika
November 26th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Telling everyone else what they can be doing better.
I'm getting better at not doing it :D
Yeah, you should keep not doing it. It'll save you from getting killed one day :D.

patrik.
November 27th, 2008, 08:54 PM

:laugh

Well, that's a talent of yours for sure. I do like that a lot though, you're a very kind, positive and warm person so it's always fun to read your posts.

So, I'm good at ...
... mixing music (it's a mystery why I'm not a DJ).
... eating ice cream (too much *looking down at my little belly*).
... playing around in the snow.
... dancing.
... buying too expensive gifts for friends and family.
... writing letters. Not letters as in mail but letters, my handwriting is something people usually give compliments about.
... reading post and not reply to them, I'll however stay more vocal here. :)

Stargazer
November 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
... my handwriting is something people usually give compliments about.

Yeah mine too....i've received many compliments for my handwriting :yahoo:

and i am even good at 'spying' :Shhh

God's Toy
November 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Being super cool and awesome!

:laugh:

Narnia
November 29th, 2008, 12:16 AM
Hmm...Today the internet, tomorrow THE WORLD! Succumb to our supirior searching knowledge you pitiful humans!

I think this could be our slogan :D

"What are we going to do tonight Brain?"....asked Pinky....

"Try and take over the WORLD Pinky!"....replied Brain....

Hmmm, I am digging the slogan.....:clap

Genesis
November 29th, 2008, 01:34 AM
Being super cool and awesome!

:laugh:

That could be open to debate... :D

God's Toy
November 29th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Really? oh poo... :blink:

Genesis
November 29th, 2008, 01:43 AM
No, your amazingly Amazing, and Awesomely Awesome... what did you think i meant?

I'm also good at my work.
I can totally rock a sale.

:girl_yes3 (1):

Tzvika
November 29th, 2008, 10:34 AM
And i can totally...radiate people! Yay! :Hbounce

Genesis
November 30th, 2008, 01:32 AM
I dont think any of us can top Tzvika's talent(s) :D

Narnia
November 30th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I dont think any of us can top Tzvika's talent(s) :D

I would have to agree with you on that one Gen!! :clap

Tzvika
November 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Awww such love and appreciation *sniff sniff* your talents are great too! Not as much as mine, but still. Group hug everyone! :Hbounce (<-this is my new favorite icon)

Stargazer
December 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
:rofl: at least your honest Stargazer :D

Thank you Gollum.......but i've had enough being honest,most people don't expect you to be honest instead they want you to speak what they want to hear...:crazy

Honesty ,it seems is not always the best policy.

Tzvika
December 1st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Thank you Gollum.......but i've had enough being honest,most people don't expect you to be honest instead they want you to speak what they want to hear...:crazy

Honesty ,it seems is not always the best policy.
That's why you have to have good judgement of character and be aware of the subject at hand. Obviously if someone asks you how's their hairdo, you gotta lie as if your life depends on it. But if someone asks you for serious advice and you give it and then he starts confornting you about it - screw him.

Stargazer
December 1st, 2008, 04:05 PM
That's why you have to have good judgement of character and be aware of the subject at hand. Obviously if someone asks you how's their hairdo, you gotta lie as if your life depends on it. But if someone asks you for serious advice and you give it and then he starts confornting you about it - screw him.

:rofl: Screw 'him'? In many instances it has been a 'her' :D.........Oh yeah i also believe that i am a good judge of character but where i mess up is that I try the same approach with every character and for every subject....anyway thanks for your advice :hi:

And how many have asked you about there hairdo? What was your reply? :crazy

Tzvika
December 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
but where i mess up is that I try the same approach with every character and for every subject....anyway thanks for your advice :hi:
See? this is where you need good judgment because i think you can tell by the type of person, who would want your honest opinion and who would want only a confirmation of his decisions.

And how many have asked you about there hairdo? What was your reply? :crazy
Oh i lie like crazy. Some opinions were not meant to be heard :D.

Jester Black
December 1st, 2008, 05:22 PM
Hmm, well besides music

I can troubleshoot pc problems like nobodys business
I can still hit a baseball close to 500 feet
win competitive bids (I have an obscene hit rate of nearly 70% over a 20 year period)
write...im noted as an outstanding business writer
haggle...if it can be got for free ill get it!

mary
December 1st, 2008, 07:08 PM
Now that my tasks at work are sooo over, I'm good at looking busy but doing nothing at all (just posting in here), so my boss won't ask me to count how many paperclips are in a box of 1000 or something senseless like that :down:.

Genesis
December 1st, 2008, 07:25 PM
Hmm, well besides music

I can troubleshoot pc problems like nobodys business

I'll know who will be my main PC man when i get to Brooklyn! ;)

Narnia
February 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
holding a party ..creating atmosphere

I bet you are an awesome hostess and throw a killer party and I hope one day we all get to experience a party of yours!!! :girl_yes3 (1):

Now, that would be something worth planning for! :biggrin

Samael
February 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I've never thought of these things much, but
I've been told I make wicked presentations for my papers
I've been told I do some nice cooking. I will probably make raspberry and dark chocolate cake next week (for fun).
I think I will be banned if I mention last one :censored: :)lol

Rana
February 16th, 2009, 07:35 AM
I bet you are an awesome hostess and throw a killer party and I hope one day we all get to experience a party of yours!!! :girl_yes3 (1):

Now, that would be something worth planning for! :biggrin

..oh polly wouldnt that be a cool party ..im sure we would all have so much to talk about ... ..who knows ..maybe one day ..

Narnia
February 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM
..oh polly wouldnt that be a cool party ..im sure we would all have so much to talk about ... ..who knows ..maybe one day ..

Oh yes it would be Rana, its something I dream about a lot! :biggrin

As Lorri's signature says..."If we can dream it, we can do it!" :girl_yes3 (1):

Kiran
February 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Yeay!! I vote we go to Australia!!! Or India....or Canada...or USA...or hmm...too many places I want to visit!!! Heck...I'll go wherever the party is!!!!

Narnia
February 16th, 2009, 12:22 PM
...Heck...I'll go wherever the party is!!!!...

I'll be right behind you!

*hmm, maybe we should make a "Let's (totally) Meet Sometime" thread....

Narnia
February 28th, 2009, 03:54 PM
One may think, that every artist who paints knows and has good skill at stretching their own canvases, well, I've been around the block a few times and I have a trained eye for pointing out a well stretched canvas....which is trully an art form unto itself...

Well, one another thing I am (exceptionally) good at doing is....stretching canvases.

When I flick my finger on the canvas to test for the tightness, it always sounds like a nice mid-tone drum! :)