PDA

View Full Version : Social Media Networks

Narnia
October 24th, 2009, 01:20 PM
.... Signs of the Times ....

sIFYPQjYhv8

... We're all connected in more ways than one ...

brother
October 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Very powerful presentation... wow

God's Toy
October 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Sure we are using one right now to post on!

They loved Facepus in that vid, still no chance of me using it however.
Youtube being the 2nd biggest ? Sure as it owned by the largest of them all.
The all mighty Google!

Good vid indeed Polly.

Mr. Brightside
October 25th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Great Video Polly

Its amazing how we have become obsessed, addicted, how much people are becoming more dependent on the Internet for, news, social interaction, media, work, leisure...

Imagine if one day, all computers just refused to work due to a new virus or something

Scary Thought ;)

God's Toy
October 25th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Oh I would so love that that to happen! Really I think it's the very much needed kick up the backside we need right about now.

Oh you put me in a good mood just thinking about this, he he he. :):laugh:

brother
October 25th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Imagine if one day, all computers just refused to work due to a new virus or something

Oh I would so love that that to happen! Really I think it's the very much needed kick up the backside we need right about now.

Get those illegal thoughts out of your head right now mister!

:7hit (1):

LOL

SoulChild
October 25th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Great Video Polly

Its amazing how we have become obsessed, addicted, how much people are becoming more dependent on the Internet for, news, social interaction, media, work, leisure...

Scary Thought ;)

I was thinking about this last night. You know how some people say they are lonely.....and I was thinking, how can anyone...well, if you have the internet, how can you be lonely, when you can always go to the computer and talk with someone...or browse and look up stuff.....man, so, yes, If the internet went away...it will be back to the age of loneliness....

God's Toy
October 25th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I was thinking about this last night. You know how some people say they are lonely.....and I was thinking, how can anyone...well, if you have the internet, how can you be lonely, when you can always go to the computer and talk with someone...or browse and look up stuff.....man, so, yes, If the internet went away...it will be back to the age of loneliness....

I must disagree.

I can tell you for a fact my friend you can have all the internet friends in the world chatting to you dally, hang out in all the best forums and media networks there is, shop in all the coolest on-line stores too.
But to have just one friend call to your house to see how your doing, to hang out at yours or invite you out for a drink, to be apart of something that doesnt just die as soon as it's shout down... when you don't even have that, no amount of internet can make up for loneliness.

Narnia
October 25th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I must disagree.

I can tell you for a fact my friend you can have all the internet friends in the world chatting to you dally, hang out in all the best forums and media networks there is, shop in all the coolest on-line stores too.
But to have just one friend call to your house to see how your doing, to hang out at yours or invite you out for a drink... when you don't even have that, no amount of internet can mke up for loneliness.

I totally agree with you GT - as Humans 'we' need that Human contact - the sound of a person's voice or laugh, feel their presence, their sight - seeing and looking at them, feeling their touch, smelling their scent, body language etc, ... it all completes our the basic foundation of what makes us - us.

In the end - people need people.

planetlove
October 25th, 2009, 05:01 PM
That was amazing.... communication in the 21st century ...
Can you imagine ....That in the first few yrs of the century all this has happened....

The of the Telepathic Abilities coming soon with just thought ....
Holigraphic, Teleportation etc....

Its just a projection that communication with the self is increasing on all levels....

The universe is speaking are you listening ...
Are you paying attention...

Don't shut down any form of communication to the self ....

Accept with love ....the influx-flow
In loves light....

Whats your vision of the future in a world with this....at our finger tips

The speed at which this is happening is only a mere fraction of the speed of thought ....

V

Logio
November 11th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I totally agree with you GT - as Humans 'we' need that Human contact - the sound of a person's voice or laugh, feel their presence, their sight - seeing and looking at them, feeling their touch, smelling their scent, body language etc, ... it all completes our the basic foundation of what makes us - us.

In the end - people need people.

I believe this is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg; one day (if our planet is still around), technology will probably create holograms of people that will include tactile feedback allowing us to feel a copy of the other person. Gee how cool would it be to drink a beer with Peter and Kiera in my living room!...of course I would have all my other MW friends. Give me a cyber visit as well. LOL! :laugh:

Nathan

God's Toy
November 11th, 2009, 07:47 PM
...And you know that would be really cool for us too!

Hey Nate, this tech is along your idea but it's hardware robots living your life for you not cool holograms projected into your living room... Tell you this, I for one hope this type of tech in the youtube vid never comes about.

eX_QJmyiXSU

It's only a matter of time however before MW forum is hologram projected into your living space and that will be a cool thing as we connect in real time person to er hologram person!

Logio
November 11th, 2009, 08:02 PM
...And you know that would be really cool for us too!

Hey Nate, this tech is along your idea but it's hardware robots living your life for you not cool holograms projected into your living room... Tell you this, I for one hope this type of tech in the youtube vid never comes about.

It's only a matter of time however before MW forum is hologram projected into your living space and that will be a cool thing as we connect in real time person to er hologram person!

Yes, that's what I was trying to convey. But if our minds can be fooled by technology to believe that the actual person is there.

As Shakespear said: "To think it is to make it so". or something like that. LOL

or

"Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology."

-Arthur C. Clarke.

SoulChild
November 12th, 2009, 02:05 AM
I believe this is only the tip of the proverbial iceberg; one day (if our planet is still around), technology will probably create holograms of people that will include tactile feedback allowing us to feel a copy of the other person. Gee how cool would it be to drink a beer with Peter and Kiera in my living room!...of course I would have all my other MW friends. Give me a cyber visit as well. LOL! :laugh:

Nathan

Well, lets not wait for someone else to create...lets get Gods Toy and all other MW geeks on it quick!!! ;)

Logio
November 12th, 2009, 06:17 AM
http://realityandi.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/holodeck.jpg

I don't think we will need to be so mobile (moving around outside) in the future Peter...I think it could save more energy if we had only hologram devices in our ummm... personal cells...maybe this is the step before we are actually cyborgs. My mind goes back the idea of the holodeck on Star Trek...I don't think I would mind being fooled into thinking that I'm relaxing on a calm beach.

Nathan