PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2

Mr. Brightside
November 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Thought I would create a thread for everybody's random ramblings, (try saying that after a few whiskeys) Of which I have decided I have too many :D ,

Sooooooooooo

Pirates, in the 21st Century :blink:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Pirate_Flag_of_Rack_Rackham.svg/250px-Pirate_Flag_of_Rack_Rackham.svg.png

PIRATES have seized the biggest booty ever taken on the high seas, capturing a fully-laden Saudi oil supertanker and its multinational crew, among them two British merchant seamen. The Sirius Star - three times the size of an aircraft carrier and carrying its full complement of two million barrels of crude oil worth at least $US100 million ($154 million) - was hijacked in the early hours of Sunday 450 nautical miles southeast of Mombasa in Kenya, according to the US Fifth Fleet.

"This is unprecedented," Lieutenant Nathan Christensen, spokesman for the fleet said yesterday. "It's the largest ship that we've seen pirated."

wow apparently piracy is pretty common in the Caribbean and off the coast of Africa, scary stuff.

Mr. Brightside
November 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I see so many people in the town were I live drinking these so called energy drinks, full of sugar and caffeine with big macho name names like Atomic, Rockstar, Red Bull.. Surely these drinks are not good for you, I worked with a lad who used to stay up late on a night and the next day drink 2 or 3 of these drinks to keep going :monkey: I seen a mother today in a shop with her child buying a 6 pack of them. She was more hyper than her child, :crazy (1):

Narnia
November 17th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Speaking of Pirates....*but in a silly context*.....

Did you know that there is an "International Talk Like a Pirate Day!" website...

*She thinks to herself...hmm, now I've mentioned it...I ought to find the website, I am talking about and post it later!*

Anyway, Piracy has been around for centuries...and is actually quite bad in the Southern Asian Seas and the South Pacific as well!!

[Later Edit]: www.talklikeapirate.com ENJOY!!

ARRGGHHA!! AYE MATEY! A way hey and up she rises!

Mr. Brightside
November 17th, 2008, 11:39 PM
Did you know that there is an "International Talk Like a Pirate Day!"

Now thats just mad, people drinking too many energy drinks and talking and swaying like Jack Sparrow :D

Its funny stuff, even got a page titled "find your inner pirate" :crazy (1):

God's Toy
November 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I like Cake.

Narnia
November 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Now thats just mad, people drinking too many energy drinks and talking and swaying like Jack Sparrow :D

OH!! I've got a pirate joke, I bet you would love...although, I haven't recited it in a long while so it's kinda fuzzy how it goes right now for me, but the minute I remember it, I'll post it for you later!! :laugh:

Mr B
November 18th, 2008, 02:08 AM
I like Cake.

:blink: Okay, now you made me hungry. I'm off to get some. :pilot:

Jester Black
November 18th, 2008, 04:10 AM
has anybody else noticed that the pilot smiley drags his tongue on the runway and is missing half his teeth? is it any wonder why? !!!!!!

Mr B
November 18th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Let me explain the pilot smiley..... That's me in fact. They filmed it when i was younger. I've always been a nutcase and never been good with landings, that's why half of the teeth are missing. lol :crazy

Kiran
November 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Hmmm...its sunny :)

Kiran
November 18th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I need the loo!!! :witch2:

Narnia
November 18th, 2008, 07:14 PM
I love Mysterious Wisdom! :giveheart

God's Toy
November 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Really must find that smilie for Polly, oh and one or two Lorri wanted.

My back hurts like hell today, I'm not going in tomorrow if this keeps up.

I still like Cake!

:)

Just read a member saying they love MW, Hmm darn still have to do that smilie too...

God's Toy
November 19th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I'm so loving the new Xbox live user interface!

Wish some members on MW had an xbox 360, i'd enjoy a gave or two.

I need coffee.

Mr B
November 19th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'm so loving the new Xbox live user interface!

Wish some members on MW had an xbox 360, i'd enjoy a gave or two.

I need coffee.

Errrrr..... I have an Xbox 360 but no Xbox Live account, I wish they made that feature free. We pay too much now in these days and Microsoft really gets enough money already.

Mmmm.... Coffee!!! Excellent idea.

God's Toy
November 19th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Buy it on ebay! Thats where I get mine, I mean €30 Euro for a years worth of Oneline gaming and download content is not bad! Not forgetting you can call any of your friends and chat/game on live any time (up top 8 people at once:gathering:) it's a free phone hiddin in a console.

Oh I need strong coffee!

Mr B
November 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Again i am learning from the great master GT. Cool!!!!

I will look into it soon.

SoulChild
November 19th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I am feeling good, just had a cup of coffee. All of a sudden, I have this urge to bake a cake :girl_yes3 (1):

Mr B
November 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
:drool: Cake!!!! GT we get CAKE!!! :drool:

God's Toy
November 19th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Again i am learning from the great master GT. Cool!!!!

I will look into it soon.

Set up a account from your console and I think you get a month free or something.

God's Toy
November 19th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I am feeling good, just had a cup of coffee. All of a sudden, I have this urge to bake a cake :girl_yes3 (1):
Ah yea, Coffee and Cake!! now your talking!! :drool::drool::drool:

Narnia
November 19th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Paul is a treasure box and he's all mine! :giveheart

God's Toy
November 20th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Pain is not good, but not going into work is!

Stargazer
November 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
forgive me and set me free.....

Mr B
November 20th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Tomb Raider Underworld arrives tommorow in the store. It's so gonna be mine!!!

Mr. Brightside
November 20th, 2008, 10:57 PM
On first listen The Killers new album Day and Age sounds pretty good :dance:

Mr B
November 21st, 2008, 12:25 AM
It's getting cold over here..... And i feel i just want to get ----> :drink: tonight. Darn.... no beer at home...

Narnia
November 21st, 2008, 12:27 AM
*hmm, I really should floss my teeth, I promise my hygienist I would floss more and I've been doing a job!*.....wanna see ------> :2cool

Stargazer
November 21st, 2008, 11:52 AM
Poor my speakers can't handle Ocelot's multiplex :laugh:

God's Toy
November 22nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
Hope to God this updated software does the trick...

:pilot:

Mr. Brightside
November 22nd, 2008, 02:11 AM
my smilie of the day

:computer

:D

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 02:32 AM
I get to eat cake tonight! It's my baby girls birthday! I am missing most of it, because I am bored at work right now! But, good thing I am bored at work, because, no customers...well, I get to post more on the MW! hehehe :gathering: I am out of here in like 15 minutes! this night flew by...thanks to MW! and here at work, we also have our message board, so thats pretty cool too. Thanks to a company that care about the employees! I found a good job, found good message board, found good people...man, when I get into the parking lot on my way out...I am going to look down to see if I can find some good money!...LOL Or should I look up to find a good shaped cloud?...LOL muhahahahhaa

Mr. Brightside
November 22nd, 2008, 02:39 AM
Hope you find a stack of money or funny shaped cloud lol

I have just realised what time it is, think I should hit the sack :sleep:

Hope your baby enjoys her birthday :)

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
Okay guys...this was fun! talking with all of you while you guys are actually online! That is so cool. but yes, it is getting late here as well, and I am going home...to my other home...(this is home) So, didn't want to leave without wishing all of you a good night...and to some of you a good morning! and have a great day! I hope I find the time to talk with you guys tomorrow, but it may not be untill Monday! Big week for retail next week! I can't wait till it's over! urgh!..oh that thought could have messed up my night...Okay, I am going back into my private messages again, so that I can smile!

peace :)

mary
November 22nd, 2008, 07:49 AM
Just thinkin about Murphy's laws, it always applies to me when I'm buying new shoes, or like right now, I was writing an essay due tomorrow morning, my laptop has just died, on the bright side I suppose I'm getting some sleep after all.

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
At work again! Feel like I never left! No customers...so here I am again posting on MW my absolute favorite place to be on the internet! :gathering:

Genesis
November 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Dont nick your skin off with razors. It's painful and bleeds lke a mother.

God's Toy
November 22nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Oh sounds painful!

Narnia
November 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
Dont nick your skin off with razors. It's painful and bleeds lke a mother.

OH, I know what you mean!!

Years ago (like 14yrs ago), although in case, I sliced, a bit of skin off my leg...you know that weird little area behind the knee...yeah, *ouch is right!*...needless to say it was pretty difficult to walk for a few days! :down:

Gen, a tip for non-razor nicks, always use fresh blades *perferably 4 blades* and use lots of lather; I recommend using Aveeno Naturals!!!

Good luck my friend!

Stargazer
November 23rd, 2008, 01:12 AM
Book fair.....so many self help books.......many more self styled guru's......:blink:

Genesis
November 23rd, 2008, 05:25 AM
OH, I know what you mean!!

Gen, a tip for non-razor nicks, always use fresh blades *perferably 4 blades* and use lots of lather; I recommend using Aveeno Naturals!!!

Good luck my friend!

Well I was reaching in my suitcase for something, and as I bent my finger, it ebbed right onto my razer slicing my skin....totally wasnt planned..
eeek!

Narnia
November 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Well I was reaching in my suitcase for something, and as I bent my finger, it ebbed right onto my razer slicing my skin....totally wasnt planned..
eeek!

Ahhh, I see....*said the blind man peeing in the wind, it all comes back to me now!* :)

Mr. Brightside
November 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Doctor who was first aired 45 years ago today, so happy anniversary Dr Who :biggrin

Thinking about it must have been the day after JFK was assassinated,

Tzvika
November 24th, 2008, 05:18 PM
eeek!
Yikes!

My random thought of the day is - waking up at 5:15am everyday is hard.

Narnia
November 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM
OMG! Mysterious Wisdom is so addicitive!! :two hearts: :blink:

Mr. Brightside
November 24th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Do androids dream of electric sheep - what a superb title for a book :clap

Genesis
November 24th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Tzvika!!! :Hbounce :D

Watching Wall-E right now. Love the thought process put into it.

Mr B
November 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Feeling down at the moment.......... Hope it's going better tomorrow.....

Mr. Brightside
November 24th, 2008, 11:29 PM

Wall eeeeeeeeeeeee classic film, love the bit in Wall Es home with the other android :D

Feeling down at the moment.......... Hope it's going better tommorow.....

Look on the bright side Maik today is nearly over, Im sure you will be feeling back on top tomorrow, keep your chin up ;) Its all those late nights playing Tomb Raider :gamer

Mr B
November 25th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks Sean but that's not it. lol Playing to much TR..... Nah.

Stargazer
November 25th, 2008, 01:47 AM

Wow what a coincidence,i was watching the same movie last night ,technically almost five hours ago.....i loved the chemistry between Wall-E and Evaa :two hearts:......Evaaa......EEEvaaaaa.

God's Toy
November 25th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Always Look on the bright side of life.

Kiran
November 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
My porridge is only luke warm...:(

Tzvika
November 25th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Tzvika!!! :Hbounce :D
Awww i'm touched :hi: :pilot: <- That's me flying to the states to give you a kiss :blink: (god i'm lame :D).

I'm so tired i havent had any thoughts lately. I think i'm slowly getting used to the way things are done at my new job, gaining more confidence in myself. Now i just need to see, after the 3 months evaluation period is over, if they think the same.

God's Toy
November 25th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Count yourself lucky it's not 10 months like where I work.

Stargazer
November 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The three letter word 'Sex' is muddled into a four letter word 'Love' :scratch_one-s_head:

Genesis
November 25th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Awww i'm touched :hi: :pilot: <- That's me flying to the states to give you a kiss :blink: (god i'm lame :D).

ROFLMAO. He looks high and runing into things, but the thought means much :D:clap

At work right now on break- Jerry Springer is on, and I'm surprised it's still running.... some things are amazing.

Narnia
November 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM

Hey, maybe you could get that jet pack, you know the one, that Swiss guy invented, he flew over the Alpes and the English Channel with it!

Kiran
November 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM
I wonder if elephants sneeze??

Kiran
November 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Do androids dream of electric sheep - what a superb title for a book :clap

You are so right and what a book!!! Loved the film too!!!

Tzvika
November 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hey, maybe you could get that jet pack, you know the one, that Swiss guy invented, he flew over the Alpes and the English Channel with it!
Unless you're willing to sail to the ocean and retrieve my, what will surely be if i try this, scattered remains- no way. I'll settle for an aisle seat in economy class and travel there the old fashioned way.

SoulChild
November 26th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Go ahead and cry....sometimes you just have to let it out. Definitely laugh...laugh hard...let it out....because if you have recently cried...go ahead and balance it out. Everything will be alright...and in the end...you true friends will be there for you. If there is no one around in the end...well, I guess I never made those true friends that I thought I had. Boy, it's amazing what the mind may think. To think one has friends....some sort of psychic self defense mechanism...?

Genesis
November 27th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Been on a big coffee kick lately. Wonder why...

Stargazer
November 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Terrorist attack my country's financial capital.....100's dead many more injured......the buck passing begins.

Kiran
November 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes I was so sorry to hear that on the news honey! I have a friend in Mumbai that I must email to see if he and his family are ok..?

BlueStar
November 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I was really upset to see the reports from Mumbai as well.

So much insanity happening in this world. Can't bear to watch the news, as making myself miserable just adds to the already abundant suffering in the world. All I can do is stay centred and send out healing thoughts.

Mr. Brightside
November 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Its very sad Stargazer, I hope it is ends soon and the remaining people trapped get out safe....

Mr. Brightside
November 27th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Were I live there is a CCTV camera that shouts things at you, It has a megaphone attached and the bloke who monitors it shouts abuse at you if you drop something in the street..

Now things are going one step further

Sci-Fi Film' CCTV Predicts Crime (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/CCTV-Security-Moves-Step-Closer-To-Minority-Report/Article/200811415163450?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_9&lid=ARTICLE_15163450_CCTV%3A_Security_Moves_Step_Closer_To_Minority_Re port)

Big Brother is not only watching you and shouting at you, he now has a camera that suspects what you are going to do next and alerts someone :eek:

God's Toy
November 28th, 2008, 12:24 AM
:Eeksign:

Oh I would be going up to his cam late at night with a cape over me while dropping litter about the place, just to mess with his head.

(you do understand I would pick up what I drop but it still would be loads of fun)

Mr. Brightside
November 28th, 2008, 01:01 AM
:Eeksign:

Oh I would be going up to his cam late at night with a cape over me while dropping litter about the place, just to mess with his head.

(you do understand I would pick up what I drop but it still would be loads of fun)

:laugh4 (2):

Its quite funny seeing the drunks arguing with a lamppost on a night :D

Kiran
November 28th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Wonder if it will snow later?? My poor cats will feel it!

God's Toy
November 28th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Very heavy frost last night, you never know.

Kiran
November 28th, 2008, 11:58 AM
Had sleet here last night and heavy hail showers so I think it may be possible...

Tzvika
November 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Its almost December here and not even a drop of damn rain! Its not fair! I suffer from June till September in hopes for a cold, grey and depressing weather and i get nothing :not_happy.

Stargazer
November 28th, 2008, 04:54 PM
:yawn: It's getting cold here and makes it harder to wake up in the morning :sleep:

Kiran
November 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Same here and very dark in the mornings too...:)

Mr. Brightside
November 28th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Watching the news earlier a man came out of the the Oberoi-Trident hotel in Mumbai after being under siege for 2 days with heavily armed terrorists running rampage throughout the hotel killing indiscriminately.

A reporter asked him about his experience over the last few days, he replied

"Yeah It was a nice hotel"... and walked off... :omg:

Logio
November 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Have you ever thought of the people you will never meet - perhaps because they were never born; the memories that you will never have, or will never have because of the things that you never did? What if your potential best friend, good friend or love is half-way across the world drinking tea in a cafe or shopping for clothes at the present moment?

Your Liege.

Nathan

God's Toy
November 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
You know something Nate, I can say I have, yes.

I sometimes get lost in thinking.

Thanks for posting that.

Tzvika
November 28th, 2008, 10:09 PM
A reporter asked him about his experience over the last few days, he replied "Yeah It was a nice hotel"... and walked off... :omg:
LOL Amazing. He probably had post traumatic syndrome. I was once robbed at a gas station during night shift and when the station manager got over there (after the robbers took off of course), she saw me joking around with the police officer.

Narnia
November 29th, 2008, 12:36 AM
He-He...I've got you people beat with weather where I live...

....it's bad foul nasty gray snowy sleeting rainy icy wicked cold dark depressing weather for 6 to 7 months out of the year...and where :blink: you are wondering all this could possibly happen....??

NEW ENGLAND!!!!

A real New England term...."Gray Weather Grumpiss"

Well, it's actually not that bad, but hey I still love it! :)

Genesis
November 29th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Have you ever thought of the people you will never meet - perhaps because they were never born; the memories that you will never have, or will never have because of the things that you never did? What if your potential best friend, good friend or love is half-way across the world drinking tea in a cafe or shopping for clothes at the present moment?

Your Liege.

Nathan

I've thought about this numerous times. But then again if we would never know, then we would never know what we are missing.

Mr. Brightside
November 29th, 2008, 04:25 PM

Your Liege.

Nathan

I had a sister who died from cot death, I often wonder what it would have been like had she survived, She would have definatley have changed the dynamics of our family and our lives..

BlueStar
November 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
My broadband is so freakishly slow today.

I really like the word salami for some reason (but wouldn't eat the stuff, yuk).

Tzvika
November 29th, 2008, 06:59 PM

Your Liege.

Nathan
My maternal grandparernts are holocaust survivors who lost all their family. They lived in Romania before it started and i often wonder what my life would've looked like if WW2 didnt happen and they stayed there. Also i'm named after my grandfather's brother so i often wonder what he was like since there's not even a picture of him left.

Stargazer
November 30th, 2008, 05:43 AM
Why people are afraid to speak their mind? why do they beat around the bush........You don't mean what you say....no you don't :down:

Mr. Brightside
November 30th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I would be unstoppable :bolt:- If I could just get started :sleep:

mary
November 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Its funny how everything works out at the end, things that you thought you weren't capable of, but then did it anyway, no matter if it seems like a lost cause at the moment, with a little will, then everything turns out just fine.
I think now that it's better had tried and fail, than never try because it seems impossible and being already a loser, but in this case I tried, I did and didn't fail, just my luck? Possibly... But I'm glad it happened.

mary
November 30th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Terrorist attack my country's financial capital.....100's dead many more injured......the buck passing begins.

I'm so sorry to know that sad and heartbreaking news, and I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner, because I'm not into news at all and this last week I was into my own tasks until now I read this post of yours, I'm sorry you had to go through this, I just don't know what to say to you right now, because there is no words, just hope and pray that you feel better in time.
I don't understand why they do things like this to innocent people.

Stargazer
November 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I'm so sorry to know that sad and heartbreaking news, and I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner, because I'm not into news at all and this last week I was into my own tasks until now I read this post of yours, I'm sorry you had to go through this, I just don't know what to say to you right now, because there is no words, just hope and pray that you feel better in time.
I don't understand why they do things like this to innocent people.

Thank you mary.....i hope your prayers are answered soon and yes it's been hard these 4 days,even though i am miles away from Mumbai i can certainly feel the tremors,my country is in a state of shock,anger and determination.......but it does have a brighter side to it.....it has united my country,people have awakened ,they are looking for answers and heads are rolling........all these at the cost of 183 innocent lives.

Narnia
November 30th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Thank you mary.....i hope your prayers are answered soon and yes it's been hard these 4 days,even though i am miles away from Mumbai i can certainly feel the tremors,my country is in a state of shock,anger and determination.......but it does have a brighter side to it.....it has united my country,people have awakened ,they are looking for answers and heads are rolling........all these at the cost of 183 innocent lives.

...Sometimes it takes the sacrifice of a few to save that many more...and....Sometimes a rude awakening is the only way to wake up....

Unfortunately, this way of maintaining 'balance' is needed....I am glad though you feel your country is united at this time! :)

mary
December 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
You and the people of your country will be in my prayers, sometimes is all that I can do to make myself useful somehow, my friend hang in there and remember you are alive and wherever life is there's hope, let's be possitive, as a metaphor let's shine a light in all of these dark times, and just hope to inspire others to do the same.

Mr. Brightside
December 1st, 2008, 01:28 AM
Quantum of Solace........what the hell was that all about, maybe i missed an important plot point and need to watch it all again.. :blink:

Mr B
December 1st, 2008, 09:41 AM
When will i finally become................

A dad? :blink:

Stargazer
December 1st, 2008, 11:02 AM
December 1 World Aids day.....in 2007 the disease killed an estimated 2 million,including 300,000 children.

planetlove
December 2nd, 2008, 08:34 PM
Your Mind Is like A parachute.....
It only functions when its OPEN...

v

Genesis
December 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Quantum of Solace........what the hell was that all about, maybe i missed an important plot point and need to watch it all again.. :blink:

Its better catching up with Casino Royale since, for the first time out of all the bond films, it was a direct sequeal to it.
Its also the first movie where he doesnt sleep with the main bond girl!!!
I thought I was going to drop out of my seat in shock..but again, totally works for the plot.

Kiran
December 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
I love the word 'globule'...just rolls off the tongue like the item itself....globule...hmmm...i just love that word!

mary
December 4th, 2008, 12:54 AM
I'm in shock right now, I was zapping chanels on TV and I saw this video by Hilary Duff called Reach and I couldn't help thinking that Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus had been murdered, a perfect song was shred in a thousand pieces, I just have no words no words to express maybe just puaj!!!

Tzvika
December 4th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I'm in shock right now, I was zapping chanels on TV and I saw this video by Hilary Duff called Reach and I couldn't help thinking that Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus had been murdered, a perfect song was shred in a thousand pieces, I just have no words no words to express maybe just puaj!!!
I once heard an RNB cover of "Nothing else matters". I shall repeat it again - AN RNB COVER OF METALLICA'S "NOTHING ELSE MATTERS"!!!

Mr. Brightside
December 4th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Its better catching up with Casino Royale since, for the first time out of all the bond films, it was a direct sequeal to it.
Its also the first movie where he doesnt sleep with the main bond girl!!!
I thought I was going to drop out of my seat in shock..but again, totally works for the plot.

Yeah I should watch them both together, I have seen Casino Royale but I also have a memory like a sieve and forgot what happened ;)

Mr. Brightside
December 4th, 2008, 11:08 PM
That anybody could pretend their daughter had been kidnapped, lie to the police, their friends, family and the local community for a month for £50.000 they thought they could could get from reward money is just unbelievable.

The Story (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Karen-Matthews-And-Michael-Donovan-Guilty-Of-Kidnapping-Shannon-Matthews-in-Dewsbury-Moor/Article/200812115172521?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15172521_Karen_Matthews_And_Michael_Donovan_Guilty_Of_Kidn apping_Shannon_Matthews_in_Dewsbury_Moor)

I feel really sorry for the people who have really lost children and have watched these events taking place...

There are some heartless, selfish people in the world

Stargazer
December 5th, 2008, 09:39 AM
The French make some really good movies :good:

Genesis
December 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Been up all last night working on a script for a new story idea; plenty of it came fast, and I am happy with it. Just brainstorming the ending and where I want to take it..

Mr B
December 6th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Is it finally going to happen?????? Could it really be? We just have to wait a few more days or weeks and see......

Mr B
December 6th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Still in doubt..... getting all :round: :crazy in my head.

Genesis
December 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Sometimes its best not to know the truth. While the truth is ultimately preffered, it could, in some cases kill the spirit.

God's Toy
December 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm hungry!

Narnia
December 9th, 2008, 06:37 PM
*hmm, it's gettin' kinda chilly in here, me thinks it's time to poke at the wood in the woodstove and or add a log or two?*

Stargazer
December 9th, 2008, 09:52 PM
"Women feel they are sexiest at the age of 34" :round:

Narnia
December 9th, 2008, 10:15 PM

....*Hum!*...now I really have something to look forward too, when I turn 34...he-he! :laugh:

SoulChild
December 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM

:clap LOL hehe, that must be true....because I sure am getting ready! It's 34 for me next year! I am surely on my way for feeling sexy! I have been working on it for a while...and I think I am finally there! (ofcourse, I am talking about my fitness, because if you are fit, you feel sexy)...(and when you are fit, you are sexy.....and I know what he is saying..put it that way!...thats why it made me chuckle a little as well)...:drool: :two hearts:

Stargazer
December 11th, 2008, 07:02 AM
:clap LOL hehe, that must be true....because I sure am getting ready! It's 34 for me next year! I am surely on my way for feeling sexy! I have been working on it for a while...and I think I am finally there! (ofcourse, I am talking about my fitness, because if you are fit, you feel sexy)...(and when you are fit, you are sexy.....and I know what he is saying..put it that way!...thats why it made me chuckle a little as well)...:drool: :two hearts:

You are already ahead of your time....you do sound sexy :blush

My random thought as of now:

"You are hot when you are hot,you are not when you are not" :round:

SoulChild
December 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I am feeling very sexy :girl_yes3 (1): uhhh, yeah, so thats my random thought?....oh, and I have been thinking of someone.....good thoughts, good times....but....., they are just that.....just random thoughts......:drool:

Stargazer
December 12th, 2008, 07:36 PM
......Munching popcorn in the middle of the night is my guilty pleasure :yahoo:

SoulChild
December 12th, 2008, 08:33 PM
......Munching popcorn in the middle of the night is my guilty pleasure :yahoo:

mm, that sounds good. I would wake everyone in my house with the smell of popcorn if I did that.....yet, popcorn is a good snack......yet, it could get noisy :girl_yes3 (1):

mary
December 13th, 2008, 01:54 PM
Almost every song on my playlist has a female voice in it, let's say 90% of them all, 85% are songs from the past 15 years, 10% from the 80's and just 5% from this year.
OMG I have absolutely nothing to do today, guess it's movie time I want to see Transporter 3, Bangkok Danger and catch up with all of those action movies I missed cause I was working and studying at the same time.
I'm sad there's no Harry Potter movie this year, it was becoming a tradition.

SoulChild
December 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
OMG! What have I done? I went out for a few drinks with a few co-workers last night. And I am reviewing some of the things we talked about......I think I licked salt off someone's neck? Oh, I am going to here it!...well, other stories I here about co-workers are not nearly as bad as this....but, when I woke up this morning.....eww, stomach hurt, headache...Urgh! And I have to be to work in 3 hours, and have to cook and workout.....can I do it?...Maybe not, I mean, I am sitting in front of the computer right now, and I don't plan on moving.....not right this minute anyway :girl_yes3 (1):

Narnia
December 13th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Hmmm, I wonder what the weather is like in Ibiza, right now?

Oh, SoulChild....licking salt off someone's neck....I can only imagine the fun of your night!! ;) ....I hope you feel better, sweets!

Tzvika
December 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
The assistant manager at my work really, really needs to die :D.

messickc
December 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM

While swinging swords.:Eeksign:

Narnia
December 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I would really like to lose some fat and gain some muscle mass! I feel weak and it's totally not like me! :Eeksign:

Stargazer
December 15th, 2008, 02:37 PM
"It's rare to find a women who hates shopping" :round:

SoulChild
December 15th, 2008, 03:44 PM

Do you think it is rare to meet someone like me? I certainly do not like shopping....well...up untill now that is..hehehe But, yeah, I went shopping today, and yesterday, and I sort of enjoyed it...so, maybe you are right? I don't know...well I guess I have a little more money, and I am in good shape, so shopping has been nice lately...it's just certain things...like, say...cereal. I will get stuck in the cereal isle for a long while trying to decide which cereal to get and for the best price...LOL :pilot:

Kiran
December 15th, 2008, 03:45 PM

But we do exist though!!!:girl_yes3 (1)::girl_yes3 (1):

mary
December 15th, 2008, 03:49 PM
In my way from home to work I saw at the very 6:50 in the morning a full moon in the blue sky, I was meant to take a picture but I ran out of batteries :(, it was awasome.

Narnia
December 15th, 2008, 08:32 PM

Well, I guess that makes me a rarity of some kind then.....but if I have a little extra money in my pocket and I find myself in an art store then that's a different story! I love buying art supplies!

inutero
December 16th, 2008, 02:53 AM
My feet are cold. I must clean my apartment and I really don't want too. And I gotta get up to go pee and I don't want too. It's cold!!

SoulChild
December 16th, 2008, 02:55 AM
HEHEHE....LOL, thats how I get sometimes...but, it is actually hot here...hey, and you are in TX, and it's cold? Today was 70 here in NC....crazy! It's going to be in the 70's all week, and winter is Sunday!

But, once you get settled in, and find yourself a nice woman.....maybe, your house will soon to be much warmer :drink:

mary
December 17th, 2008, 10:56 PM
OMG!!! I just realize I'm such a wuzz, I just don't know what to do, but I guess I'll have to deal with it sooner than later. Is it really gonna make me happy or that means I will have even more responsability I wasn't expecting? Why I'm making such a mess with something that may or may have not be real but I'm pretty sure it'll be true? Its not really a big deal, it won't save the world, I won't get any reward from doing so, more work that's for sure, I'll have to read a lot no doubt about it, but it'll be such an honor, unexpected unwanted but an honor a few would want to have and I even wasn't expecting it at all, all I did to deserve that * if its what I'm thinking of* was because I challenged myself.
Darn imagination, I don't know why that person wants to talk to me for real, and all this thoughts, this maybe's , this what if's are killing me, I'm paralyzed, I just don't want to accept it, I'm praying that's not the reason why, I love my life the way it is right now, but if it is the reason then I'll have to accept it, just don't have a choice :cray. Am I have that low self esteem or am I that lazy?
So I take a deep breath and go for it right of the bat, my heart is pounding on my chest for this silly conversation with someone I don't even know :cray.

Later edit: I was right, this is supposed to be good for me, one minute I like the idea, then the next one I totally hate it, that's how I been since I received the good/bad news. What if I'm not good for the task? Why can't I enjoy this moment how its supposed to?

Kiran
December 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
OMG!!! I just realize I'm such a wuzz, I just don't know what to do, but I guess I'll have to deal with it sooner than later. Is it really gonna make me happy or that means I will have even more responsability I wasn't expecting? Why I'm making such a mess with something that may or may have not be real but I'm pretty sure it'll be true? Its not really a big deal, it won't save the world, I won't get any reward from doing so, more work that's for sure, I'll have to read a lot no doubt about it, but it'll be such an honor, unexpected unwanted but an honor a few would want to have and I even wasn't expecting it at all, all I did to deserve that * if its what I'm thinking of* was because I challenged myself.
Darn imagination, I don't know why that person wants to talk to me for real, and all this thoughts, this maybe's , this what if's are killing me, I'm paralyzed, I just don't want to accept it, I'm praying that's not the reason why, I love my life the way it is right now, but if it is the reason then I'll have to accept it, just don't have a choice :cray. Am I have that low self esteem or am I that lazy?
So I take a deep breath and go for it right of the bat, my heart is pounding on my chest for this silly conversation with someone I don't even know :cray.

Later edit: I was right, this is supposed to be good for me, one minute I like the idea, then the next one I totally hate it, that's how I been since I received the good/bad news. What if I'm not good for the task? Why can't I enjoy this moment how its supposed to?

Hmm Mary I don't know what to reply to you as I am guessing this is maybe work-related??
Anyways, we're here if you want to share ok honey? :)

mary
December 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hmm Mary I don't know what to reply to you as I am guessing this is maybe work-related??
Anyways, we're here if you want to share ok honey? :)

Thank you very much Lorri, it's not work related but it was a hobbie just for fun and to spend wisely my free time, but now it's not longer a hobbie and has become a responsability. But I'll be fine once I start, I'm such a cry baby, but I will take it like the woman I am now and make the best of it. :thanks:

Kiran
December 19th, 2008, 08:11 AM
You are very welcome honey and hope things work out ok for you :)

Mr. Brightside
December 19th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Does one action start a snowball effect to start a global financial crisis....

Stargazer
December 20th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Undersea internet cables are cut disrupting around 80% of my country's net traffic but mine is still going strong :dance:

God's Toy
December 20th, 2008, 07:19 PM
:))I rock!

Tzvika
December 20th, 2008, 07:44 PM
:))I rock!
You got some serious self-lovin' going on here, Peter :D

Narnia
December 20th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Does one action start a snowball effect to start a global financial crisis....

Yeah, I think so. Take a look at the invention of the industry and the engine and look where it has gotten us today, we're freaking out over Global Warming!

little bird
December 23rd, 2008, 01:22 AM
My knees ache and I'm tired. Think I'll go to bed.

Night night

Narnia
December 23rd, 2008, 02:40 PM
Hmm, well, Shadow (our cat) who is :sleep: right now, is keeping my lap nice and warm while I hang out here on MW! :)

She is so cute and she's the coolest black cat! I love her so very much! :two hearts:

Mr. Brightside
December 23rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Threads: 172, Posts: 3,005, Members: 43, Active Members: 43

This place gets better and better:Hbounce

God's Toy
December 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM
Woohoo!

Dont stop a-rockin!

:thanks:

Stargazer
December 29th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Spirituality and Sexuality - A heady cocktail :round:

Stargazer
January 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Cicero the great Roman philosopher wrote:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.:ohyea:

Mr. Brightside
January 2nd, 2009, 05:00 PM
Unless you are willing to walk out into the unknown the chance of making a profound difference in your life is slim

Stargazer
January 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Deliverance of mankind lies in his deliverance from ignorance.

Kiran
January 6th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Hmm I've a busy January!!

Shades of Red
January 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Late in responding to this one - Originally Posted by Stargazer
"Women feel they are sexiest at the age of 34" May I respectfully disagree and say I've started feeling my sexist after turning 40.

The down side to this is that men in my "acceptable" age bracket don't appreciate "mature" women and the guys I get along with the best are almost young enough to be my sons. Definitely not a good combination.

Random thought of the day - hope the weather isn't as bad as predicted for tomorrow - snow, rain, hail and possibly freezing rain.

Oh yes, and I'm perfecting the art of making iced decaf mochas - yummy!

God's Toy
January 7th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hmm I've a busy January!!
It's cold in January!

Shades of Red
January 7th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Took my first city bus in ages this morning - too lazy to shovel out the driveway and didn't want to scrape off the car later today. Very happy I have a garage that my car fits into as today we're going to have snow, rain, hail and freezing rain.

Stargazer
January 8th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Late in responding to this one - Originally Posted by Stargazer
"Women feel they are sexiest at the age of 34" May I respectfully disagree and say I've started feeling my sexist after turning 40.

The down side to this is that men in my "acceptable" age bracket don't appreciate "mature" women and the guys I get along with the best are almost young enough to be my sons. Definitely not a good combination.

Hi Shirley :hi:.....that's interesting that you feel that way,i should've said "Women feel they are sexiest 'from' the age of 34" and that's what i meant and feel :)......I do appreciate 'mature' in all it's ups and downs ;)

Stargazer
January 8th, 2009, 10:21 AM
What you don't have you don't need it now...Bono

Stargazer
January 8th, 2009, 10:22 AM
My random thought as of now-

What you don't have you don't need it now...Bono

God's Toy
January 8th, 2009, 11:07 AM
my good God its cold. some maga strong coffee would be nice right about now.

SoulChild
January 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I need a brownie at least once a month! I am 33, and I know my body. Chocolate is good, cake and candy is good, but, there is something about brownies that make me happy. It feels like it's part of my cycle. I need a brownie during that time of month!....lol:girl_yes3 (1):

Shades of Red
January 8th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Being back at work after having 5 days off is brutal. A very long week, even though I'm not dealing with ignorant people or anything, just tedious year end stuff.

....speaking of food - always love just about anything chocolate, but one of my new favourite foods is from Delmonte - refridgerated cups of already peeled and cut red/pink grapefruit. I add 1 little package of sugar and it's amazing and somewhat healthy.

Shades of Red
January 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Shirley :hi:.....that's interesting that you feel that way,i should've said "Women feel they are sexiest 'from' the age of 34" and that's what i meant and feel :)......I do appreciate 'mature' in all it's ups and downs ;)

Nice to see someone appreciating "mature" women. I really think that women feel better about themselves and have more confidence in what they want as they get older. That helps to make them feel sexier, at least that's what I hope.

Kiran
January 8th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hmm I was tempted to get involved in this conversation :blink: but I don't think I will other than I agree with you Shady :) ;)

God's Toy
January 8th, 2009, 05:03 PM
lol. perhaps you girls would like your own Ladies Lounge forum ?

us lads can have our own ' Man Zone' too.

:gathering:

Kiran
January 8th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Haha...smart a**e!!! Mind you...wouldn't be a bad idea eh ladies??? :laugh:

God's Toy
January 8th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Hey if you want it you got it! :girl_yes3 (1): it's all good here!

:hi:

Narnia
January 8th, 2009, 07:10 PM
lol. perhaps you girls would like your own Ladies Lounge forum ?

Oh, I like the sound of that the.....'Ladies Lounge'....sounds elegant! :)

...us lads can have our own ' Man Zone' too.

The 'Man Zone'? ..... :blink: ..... :Eeksign: ..... :laugh: ..... :blink: ..... :signsHF:

Haha...smart a**e!!! Mind you...wouldn't be a bad idea eh ladies??? :laugh:

I am with you Lorri, sometimes it's nice to have a place to get all girly!! :girl_yes3 (1): :gathering: he-he!

Hey if you want it you got it! :girl_yes3 (1): it's all good here!

Really? :blink: Cool! ;) he-he!

Narnia
January 10th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Well, the other day I decided to visit enigmamusic and EMF (which I have'nt for a long while). To see if there was any new Cretu news! One reason, why I don't visit/participate on EMF, is because the forum is a little too 'flashy' for our old and tired computer. Well, the thread entitled Conversations with Cretu caught my eye, and I decided to have a little look-sy. :)

Well, apparently our beloved Michael Cretu was originally left-handed as a youngster, but his teachers slapped his left-hand and made him switch to his right-hand.....

I couldn't help myself, I laughed, because the same thing happen to me, when I was a kid. Our parents sent us off Catholic school (because is was supposedly 'safer' than the public schools, well some of those Nuns were pretty mean?)....

Anyway, at the beginning of the school year, all of us little kindergarteners were filed into the schools big gymnasium, shoulder to shoulder, alphabetically. The teachers/nuns asked us....."Put up the hand you write with!".....I, was one of two kids who put up their left-hand. A teacher came over to me, slapped my left-hand very hard, yanked up my right-hand and said....."You will now write with your right hand, the left-hand is a sign of the :diablo !!" and she stalked away.....

Well, that's my random thought for the moment.

Shades of Red
January 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Here's my random thought for the day - it's starts out sad, but has a point. I went to a wake today for a friend's dad. I've know the person for almost 30 years and saw other people there I've known almost as long. Here's my thought - isn't it amazing how some people seem to look the same or are very recognizable after not seeing them for several years and yet others you wouldn't recognize after even a couple of weeks.

It's always been a mystery to me how some people can make such an impression on you, and other people barely register. Even more mysterious are the people you haven't really interacted with or spoken to who make the lasting impression.

I know people can change their looks - I have very much since high school - contacts, hair colour, weight but I still have people who know me. Anyway, that's it.

God's Toy
January 12th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Really must get onto IT and request my log on info be reset. Not being able to read all those spam and silly pointless emails is killing me! I have to find a better way to pass the time.

did someone say Coffee?

Kiran
January 12th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Must go for a walk lunchtime! Especially as the rain has stopped and the sun came out :)

Mr. Brightside
January 13th, 2009, 04:46 PM
For people like me who have too many random thoughts :)

http://www.wonderquest.com/

Answers to many strange and wonderful questions

(I think its about time our smiley took his Christmas hat off :) )

Tzvika
January 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Great site Sean, thanks. And i was thinking the same thing about the smiley :)

Stargazer
January 16th, 2009, 02:29 PM
....It's always a good idea to make sure that the guy you are talking with has his 'Kahunas'.....:D

Stargazer
January 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
A day in Gaza.....

http://a.imagehost.org/0051/phpViDsUrAM.jpg

What the heck......

Mr. Brightside
January 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Hamas Claims 'Victory' In Gaza (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Gaza-Quiet-As-Fragile-Truce-Holds/Article/200901315205832?f=rss)

How can either side claim victory when so many innocents died? The only victor in this sorry mess was arrogance and stupidity :vmad:

Shades of Red
January 20th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Today is definitely an historic day. I'll be watching on the computer at work and I've told my son he can miss some school if he wants to watch.

Mr. Brightside
January 21st, 2009, 09:37 AM
A Spinnyhead - somebody who changes into something else (gets very angry, agitated) at the slightest thing..

I think it came from the Linda Blair scene in the Exorcist (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8qG5V2iBvFs)

Somebody told me that saying yesterday and I found it amusing :D

Stargazer
January 23rd, 2009, 02:37 PM
This thread and the others like....

post a word that describes how you feel today, what made you smile today The Movie thread and what are you listening to thread are all a best way to increase one's post count :D

Narnia
January 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
This thread and the others like....

post a word that describes how you feel today, what made you smile today The Movie thread and what are you listening to thread are all a best way to increase one's post count :D

You're absolutely right! :laugh:

My 'Random Thought'....'I really would like to go for a long bike ride, but it's not safe to with all the black ice hiding in the shadows, plus it's just too darn cold at the mo.'

SoulChild
January 23rd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I couldn't find my keys this morning...then my child found them...then I went to school to get some extra credit...but, I couldn't find my student ID...then when I got home, it was already in the car. My brain seem to be like scattered pieces to a puzzle. But, once the puzzle has been put together....it reveals WONDER!

Narnia
January 25th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Mann, I just got a major hankering for a big ol' honkin' cheese pizza! :drool: ............... :blink: ............... :drool:

God's Toy
January 26th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Just set up my Twitter account. What? what you mean you never heard of it?

well ok I'll be on my own, FINE!

Wait, who am I talking too?

Well if anyone wants to know, the name is 'GT time' on www.twitter.com

Lol like anyone cares dude... really like come on.

Narnia
January 26th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hey that Twitter site looks really cool! I really like the graphic design art-work...especially in the category of 'WHY?' :) I like their reasoning too, behind, 'WHY?'...."Eating Soup!"...."Because Research shows Moms need to know" ....that's funny....:laugh:

Hmm, Twitter.com ......I like the idea very much, it's like eat n' run! :)

God's Toy
January 26th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Hey thay are the very same reasons i had for joining up.

its not like you have to keep an endless blog or comment on everyones pages. its simply an what are you doing right now kinda thing .no more and no less.

i do like the idea. your welcome to follow me anytime...if you ever want to have one that is.

Narnia
January 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Well, I decided to follow you GT and give it a go! I am known as 'Twettering Junco' on Twitter.

You're probably wondering 'what?' is a Junco.....well, it's a small perching bird with slate gray and white colouring. Winter time is when you'll see dozens of Juncos feeding together and of course they twitter all the time!! :) Juncos are a common winter 'backyard' bird and really make the winter more enjoyable plus, they're just so darn cute!

This is a Dark-Eyed Junco................................................................. ...........see I told you it was so darn CUTE! :)

What a terrific photo!

For those interested in learning more on the Dark Eyed Junco www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_eyed_junco

http://www.animal.discovery.com/guides/wild-birds/gallery/dark-eyed_junco.jpg

God's Toy
January 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Ah your very brave my friend. to be able to put up with my waffle all the time...

hey good to havee you here. i must add you to mine.

Jester Black
January 28th, 2009, 02:25 AM
I feel like death sucking on a lifesaver

Narnia
January 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Are you okay Jay!? :blink: Well, in any case I hope you are feeling better!?

Stargazer
January 29th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I often wonder which is the most sinnest of all sins :scratch_one-s_head:
...Could there be anything worse than a wife cheating on her husband ?

Jester Black
January 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Are you okay Jay!? :blink: Well, in any case I hope you are feeling better!?

Didint mean to alarm you. i wrote that after doing an all nighter for work while suffering from the worst flu Ive ever had.

Narnia
January 29th, 2009, 03:40 PM

Ahem, let's not forget, a husband cheating on his wife! Both are rather bad!

Narnia
January 29th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Didint mean to alarm you. i wrote that after doing an all nighter for work while suffering from the worst flu Ive ever had.

Well, I was slightly 'alarmed' as you put it, cause we haven't seen much of you lately around these parts of the net.

I hope you are feeling better though, dear Jay! :)

Jester Black
January 29th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Well, I was slightly 'alarmed' as you put it, cause we haven't seen much of you lately around these parts of the net.

I hope you are feeling better though, dear Jay! :)

Ill live lol. As for not being around, thats really not all that unusual for me Polly. I may be around regularly for 3 months , then disappear into the ether for 3 months. Used to do that all the time in the EMB. Doesnt mean anythings amiss. Usually means thats Ive gone "creative" and when I do that, I tend to shut out all outside influences.

Tzvika
January 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Umm...maybe...Murder?

Jester Black
January 29th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Umm...maybe...Murder?

Id put rape right up there with murder

Narnia
January 29th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, I would have to agree, both rape and murder are far worse than cheating.

My 'Random Thought' Hmmm, I wonder came in the mail today, cause it just arrived! *she skips off to the mailbox!*

ps: Jay, I understand what you are saying!!

Narnia
January 30th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Today is my Dad's birthday! He would have been 71, if he were still alive. Happy Birthday my Dedept! :two hearts:

SoulChild
January 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM
A young woman and man fall in love get married move in together. The woman fall in love with another man leaves home and the other man leave home and now they are both homeless. The woman goes back home and subjects herself to violence and anger. The man goes home to the same.

Life goes on.....will the cycle begin again? or will it ever end......???Make better choices!

Logio
January 31st, 2009, 03:42 AM
Just think, good or bad, you are influencing everything that will happen in future world history...I assume that the good and bad things you do will resonate into future good or bad things...but then again, I have always been an optipessimist.

Your Liege,

Nate

Genesis
February 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM

Can I steal that?

Tampa's crowded... we got people in from everywhere for the superbowel tomorrow.

Mr. Brightside
February 2nd, 2009, 11:23 PM
I love the fact my media player has a sound setting for "A Padded Cell" , A Cave, Underwater and most strange of all "A sewer Pipe", Whats all that about :D

Wonder if anybody had to go and test them out lol

Narnia
February 3rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I love the fact my media player has a sound setting for "A Padded Cell" , A Cave, Underwater and most strange of all "A sewer Pipe", Whats all that about :D

:laugh: I bet you're real fun to hang out with! I hope I have the opportunity of meeting you someday, cause you're just too much! :girl_yes3 (1):

Logio
February 8th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Does the Vatican have a fax number? I assume so.

God's Toy
February 8th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Ah you have a MP3 player by Creative eh?

I've have used Creative in the past (In PC and MP3 players) and have found those settings, it's run by the EAX sound chip. (best sound chip for PC gaming)
Still I do like playing around with them.

:)

God's Toy
February 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
its one of those days.

God's Toy
February 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
what a lovely day today .

Narnia
February 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
In Europe, do they have Heinz Ketchup in restaurants?

God's Toy
February 13th, 2009, 12:34 PM
they sure do my friend. its the only one for me!

looking forward to having some on my half pounder later on tonight.!

Narnia
February 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
they sure do my friend. its the only one for me!

looking forward to having some on my half pounder later on tonight.!

:blink: ...................................................................... ..... :laugh:

Be sure to check out the address on the label, see the city and zip-code!

City: Pittsburgh and Zipcode:15222!!!

Notice the 222! :girl_yes3 (1):

Logio
February 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I tend to blame the ground hog for more weeks of winter - This is an absurdity!...like blaming the weather man or the messenger! Boy, is human nature sometimes obstinately blind!

Your Liege.

Nathan

Narnia
February 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
hmm, trying to think of some good questions for the next 'Musings' thread...

Logio
February 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
hmm, trying to think of some good questions for the next 'Musings' thread...

How about this one?:

Have you ever mused over the musing of anything to muse about?

Narnia
February 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
How about this one?:

Have you ever mused over the musing of anything to muse about?

Leave it to you, to find a musing that's amusing! :)

Narnia
February 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM
I was involved with an older man about 6 years ago. He and I, dated for about 4 years and it was a great time in my life and I really was In-Love, everything seems to be just perfect, anyway the reason why I am bringing this up, is because of his birthday, which is July 2nd.

A year and some months after our break-up, I started to date Paul, what's weird about all this, is that Paul's birthday is July 1st....and there are just so many similarities in personality between the two.....

So, my random thought is...."Isn't that so weird!?"

Kiran
February 20th, 2009, 02:16 PM
A dear friend asked me today if I had any random thoughts today....I guess just one....
why is it us women have so many random thoughts? Is it because we as women are naturally curious? Or becuase we have nothing better to do with our time? I think the first one personally :D

God's Toy
February 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
lol maybe a name change will help people remember the board is still here.
How about the Estranged Message Board...

lol

ah what must i do?

Stargazer
February 25th, 2009, 01:37 AM
A dear friend asked me today if I had any random thoughts today....I guess just one....
why is it us women have so many random thoughts? Is it because we as women are naturally curious? Or becuase we have nothing better to do with our time? I think the first one personally :D

Firstly ,it's good to have a friend who has an ear for our random thoughts...;)

Why does a 'Typical Women' has so many random thoughts ? I feel a 'Typical Women' is always curious,nosy and annoyingly suspicious.....some of the characteristics which are bound to arouse random thoughts :D

Kiran
February 25th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hmm...is there such a thing as a 'typical man'? :D

Narnia
February 26th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Next time, when you find yourself looking at images of space, ask yourself do you see an abstract expressionist painting?

Stargazer
February 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Woman Married 23 Times, Still Lonely
http://f.imagehost.org/0347/bilde.jpg

68-year-old Guinness world record holder would get married again,She was born Linda Lou Taylor, but the 68-year-old Anderson, Ind., woman has had many names over the past 50+ years. That's because she's been hitched 23 times, making her the most married woman in history.

Linda can't remember her husbands in order, but she remembers the first one vividly. She and George Scott married in 1957, when she was just 16 and he was 31. They stayed together for seven years, making the marriage her longest.

Her shortest marriage? Thirty-six hours to Fred Chadwick.

Linda now goes by the surname Wolfe. She and husband Glynn "Scotty" Wolfe did not marry for love, however. The two wed in Arizona in 1996 as part of a publicity stunt. Scotty was the most married man in the world, and Linda was his 29th bride. Scotty died just a few days before their one-year anniversary.

If you think your ex-spouse story is bad, imagine having 23 of them.

Linda has been married to a convict, a preacher, a musician, bartenders, homeless men, electricians, and even two gay men. One husband beat her. More than one deserted her.

But this hasn't discouraged her from walking down the aisle again.

"I would get married again,because, you know, it gets lonely."

:monkey:

Narnia
March 3rd, 2009, 10:39 PM
I think this .... :giveheart .... is my favourite smiley, you'll see me use them everywhere, in posts, in vm's and PM's!

I am still partial to .... :two hearts: .... :girl_yes3 (1):

Mr. Brightside
March 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Did Jessie lock the door behind her when she came in ;)

SoulChild
March 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
I tried to talk...I tried to stay silent....I tried to stick by you....I tried to stay calm...I tried to hold us together...I still try, and try...but, for what? I do not see a personal benefit...Yes, benefits may be there for others, and even for yourself...but what about me? What about me? Ha?.....and the wold turns....

Logio
March 12th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Pushing the impossible sometimes gets things going, because it causes pain - perhaps this explains why my boss is such a **** um...kind and gentle person... yeah that's what I meant. he he ha ha.

Nathan

Narnia
March 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I play music loudly as a protest
Against all oppressions made on
Humanity and the human spirit, to just be.

In the hopes
It travel far enough, to transcend
A passing ear.

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Hope the sun shines over Easter while I am off to get out in my garden!

Stargazer
April 11th, 2009, 04:19 PM
....man is a virus :Boy_yes3:

BlueStar
April 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I Luuurve the sunshine :Hbounce

Narnia
April 11th, 2009, 06:21 PM
.... *Hm?* .... last night we watched (well most of it) 'Sicko' by Michael Moore. As I watched all the happy people in Canada, the UK and France with their fabulous health care system(s), laughing at the US's system .... I started to cry my eyes out because we have nothing like that here (yep, I don't have any health coverage what-so-ever)! If you get hurt, sick and or even need basic help and you don't have 'health insurance' you can only hope you can afford it with your own cash .... and the overall attitude here is: "well, my friend that's your problem and why should I care if you get sick I'm not related to you, and let alone help pay for anything!" ... a very stark reality here in the US .... My God, it's so hard to 'afford' any form of 'health insurance' and then even if you have it, it still sucks! .... and I got to wondering .... Will the US ever really care enough about it's own people to have a Universal Health Care System for everyone!? *Well, I'll be lucky if it happens in my life time.*

I am sorry, I just had to get that out of my system .... okay .... onto happier thoughts! Thank you for bearing with me there!! :)

God's Toy
April 12th, 2009, 04:21 PM
MW looks odd when you hook a laptop up to a 47" screen.
Cool but kinda odd.

God's Toy
April 12th, 2009, 11:15 PM
"If you make sure you're connected
The writing's on the wall
But if your mind's neglected
Stumble you might fall"

So true.

Genesis
April 15th, 2009, 02:12 AM
At the University right now. I have been taking Arabic language courses, kinda like a continuing educational gig the school offers and I am pretty amazed at what I already know.

It's such a hard language, I am wondering why I am obsessed on learning it.

That is my random thought for the day.

Kiran
April 15th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Hmm..if fluff gathers in our tummy buttons, why does it not gather anywhere else?

Mr. Brightside
April 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
.... *Hm?* .... last night we watched (well most of it) 'Sicko' by Michael Moore. As I watched all the happy people in Canada, the UK and France with their fabulous health care system(s), laughing at the US's system .... I started to cry my eyes out because we have nothing like that here (yep, I don't have any health coverage what-so-ever)! If you get hurt, sick and or even need basic help and you don't have 'health insurance' you can only hope you can afford it with your own cash .... and the overall attitude here is: "well, my friend that's your problem and why should I care if you get sick I'm not related to you, and let alone help pay for anything!" ... a very stark reality here in the US .... My God, it's so hard to 'afford' any form of 'health insurance' and then even if you have it, it still sucks! .... and I got to wondering .... Will the US ever really care enough about it's own people to have a Universal Health Care System for everyone!? *Well, I'll be lucky if it happens in my life time.*

I am sorry, I just had to get that out of my system .... okay .... onto happier thoughts! Thank you for bearing with me there!! :)

I find it incredible that the most powerful influential country in the world does not give free basic health care, what happens if you get sick or run over or something and you have no health care insurance or cash to pay for it?

SoulChild
April 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM

I was in tears when I watched that movie as well. It really, really hurt, but it was a huge eye opener! I meant to put it in the movie thread so that we can discuss it there...but, I guess I got side tracked. So, I asked my husband to watch it, and I am glad that it helped open his mind as well. I am sure he did not have any idea whatsoever about what was going on, and how it is in other countries. Now that his mind is open, the possibility of us moving away from here is very real! He was the type of person that sort of wanted to stay where we are, and that is how it is. Now we are considering the purchase of a home, and I actually prefer to be near mountains....so, we'll see what he says about that. Where I am at is good, and he wants to stay in this area, and its central North Carolina, so pretty good place to be geographically. The natural disasters don't hit big time. I just feel that Mountanous areas have better chance for survival during disasters. Many place to hide, height, and the cave factor. I don't know...I am just a survivalist I guess....

Narnia
April 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Sometimes, not very often mind you .... I wonder .... does anyone notice when I change the Chinese Fortune Cookie saying?

*Hm?* .... silly thought, I know.

God's Toy
April 18th, 2009, 04:56 PM
I like cake!

Polly you got a lot to answer for!

Oh and yep I do!

Narnia
April 18th, 2009, 05:22 PM
... Polly you got a lot to answer for! ...

Are you referring to a 'tweet' of mine on Twitter?

God's Toy
April 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
You know it! lol I still like cake!

SoulChild
April 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Sometimes, not very often mind you .... I wonder .... does anyone notice when I change the Chinese Fortune Cookie saying?

*Hm?* .... silly thought, I know.

I am surprised that you had to ask that question. I certainly notice when you change the Chinese Fortune Cookie saying, and I have even seen your 'saying' get quoted. Did you notice my post that I quoted of yours?

Narnia
April 18th, 2009, 11:55 PM
You know it! lol I still like cake!

Oh yes, I still love cake too!

But about the 'wedding cake delivery' tweet ....

A while my sister asked me to help her to deliver a wedding cake made by a friend of hers (the friend is out of town to deliver the cake in person). Well, I am most happy to report the wedding cake delivery was a complete success, delivered spot-on on time, no snags to get in the way and a very happy bride (the most important aspect of the day) ... dunno about the groom though!?

Anyway, they're probably stuffing their faces with the cake right about now as I type! :) Congrats to them!

So, does that answer your question about that tweet GT? :)

Mr B
April 19th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Okay, you two still do love cake.....

But I still love you all bigtime :two hearts:

God's Toy
April 20th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Universal nation, transmutation,
Can only come from an integration,
An activation of the spirit of the mind,
Now's the time to leave the old ways behind
To get together, to get into,
The next dimension where our knowledge we accrue
United in thoughts and frequency,
Is the only way for one to be

.===============================

this is from a song that kept showing itself to me today . i guess it wanted to be heard . . .

Narnia
April 20th, 2009, 05:16 PM

this is from a song that kept showing itself to me today . i guess it wanted to be heard . . .

WOW! Reading that just made my skin tingle ... I kid you not! :girl_yes3 (1):

:thanks: for sharing GT!

My random thought ... I wonder why half of the corn I planted is taking so long to grow?

SoulChild
April 20th, 2009, 10:30 PM

Love this! Okay, so it is a song? I think I actually know/heard this song???

God's Toy
April 21st, 2009, 12:12 AM
Yep it's from a song by 'The Shamen', Universal (http://www.lyricstime.com/the-shamen-universal-187-b-p-metamix-minor-lyrics.html),
they were a group who were aware many years before most, kinda like the Timelords/KLF/JAMs

Shalott
April 23rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
I found this link quite informative...

http://www.wicca.com/celtic/ramble/opletter.htm

I'm right now practicing a very open mind trying to return to my roots.

Let's just say everything as I've known it is now up in the air being "re-examined"

the quote below sums my feelings up perfectly right now.

The often competitive attitude of Christianity has resulted in far too much turmoil, pain and suffering throughout history and needs to stop. The time is long past for misconceptions spawned during the ignorance of the middle ages to be evaluated, accepted as baseless superstitions and the fears, hatred, prejudice and intolerance discarded as counter productive. There are much better uses of our energy.

Genesis
April 24th, 2009, 02:14 AM
I'm hungry. Thats pretty random. Contrubtion: Check.

Lion Spirit Walker
April 24th, 2009, 02:43 AM
Note to self; Go to park on Friday and make my home Health Aid throw the frisbie around with me.
We'll see if I fall onto the ground due to vertigo, or if I manage to out-run my home health aid.
Smells like unions being cooked... My sense of smell is more active than I'd like it to be at times.
Okay. My first time posting to this thread. Hope this wasn't too many random thoughts.?.

Kiran
April 24th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Note to self; Go to park on Friday and make my home Health Aid throw the frisbie around with me.
We'll see if I fall onto the ground due to vertigo, or if I manage to out-run my home health aid.
Smells like unions being cooked... My sense of smell is more active than I'd like it to be at times.
Okay. My first time posting to this thread. Hope this wasn't too many random thoughts.?.

That made me laugh :laugh: Thanks Psyche:two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
April 24th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Laughter is the best medicine.
Your very welcome Crystallorri. :)

Mr. Brightside
April 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Bands advertised today on the radio that are touring Britan this year

U2
Simple Minds
OMD
The Specials
Spandau Ballet have also got back together

I feel like I have travelled back to the 80s

Narnia
April 25th, 2009, 03:25 PM
The MW boards have been vibrating with a tremendous positive energy recently ... wow it's hot, but it's a good kind of heat, for sure! :)

Narnia
April 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Okay ... this really weird (I mean like freaky weird) ... I have been watching the sky for the last few minutes and three jet air liner planes have made u-turns in the same area in the sky.

The reason this is weird to me, is because where I live, it's the half-way point between NYC and Boston, normally the planes fly in a straight line over us and the jet air liner planes never make u-turns at this point in the sky!

Also there have been some helicopters in the sky too!

This tells me something is going on .... and I don't know what it is? I just checked cnn ... and nothing. Weird!?

[Later Edit] I found out from my sister that it was an air show. So, nothing to worry about.