PDA

View Full Version : Procui Quis Sumptus Vestri Animus?

Lion Spirit Walker
October 11th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Is ratio takes ex sulum victus res. Perussi totus vultus of vita. Insquequo nusquam somes.
Tot generations have idolized is ratio. Dum alius verto a caecus oculus.
Quod iam posterus est hic. Quod nos must sulum planto a choice.
Operor nos usher in terminus?
Vel operor nos fio ventus of change?

God's Toy
October 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Please provide a translation into English, thanks.

Lion Spirit Walker
October 11th, 2009, 01:02 AM
This system takes from every living being. Consuming all aspects of life. Until nothing remains.
So many generations have idolized this system. While others turned a blind eye.
And now the future is here. And we must each make a choice.
Do we usher in the end?
Or do we become the winds of change?

BlueStar
October 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Now, for some reason when I read your (translated!) post, I immediately thought of the new Michael Moore film 'Capitalism: A love story' which I haven't seen yet, but which I really want to see - and which I believe everyone should see :)

The old ways don't work anymore, that is obvious. The old modes of being. We need a quantum leap - inner and outer - in the way we relate to the world and those around us. It starts with each of us :superman::Boy_yes3:

Lion Spirit Walker
October 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I so completely agree with you Lucid. And will look for the film you'de mentioned.
p.s., I was happy to see this thread was shifted to this forum. It is more appropriate here.
[LOL. I chose latin for the initial post as it, in my mind prompt any reader who had true interest in what was expressed to look into this deeper.]
:Boy_yes3:

Kiran
October 12th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hmm..when I read the translation, it immediately brought back thoughts of our last conversation....about factories etc.
I cannot speak anymore on this right now but will add something else later.

Mr. Brightside
October 12th, 2009, 10:18 PM
These people think they have some of the answers to some of societies problems. The certainly have a bold vision of how they think the world can move forward,

The Venus Project (http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php)

The Venus Project presents a bold, new direction for humanity that entails nothing less than the total redesign of our culture. There are many people today who are concerned with the serious problems that face our modern society: unemployment, violent crime, replacement of humans by technology, over-population and a decline in the Earth's ecosystems.

As you will see, The Venus Project is dedicated to confronting all of these problems by actively engaging in the research, development, and application of workable solutions. Through the use of innovative approaches to social awareness, educational incentives, and the consistent application of the best that science and technology can offer directly to the social system, The Venus Project offers a comprehensive plan for social reclamation in which human beings, technology, and nature will be able to coexist in a long-term, sustainable state of dynamic equilibrium.

A Resource-Based Economy (http://www.thevenusproject.com/a-new-social-design/resource-based-economy)

A Resource-Based Economy is a system in which all goods and services are available without the use of money, credits, barter or any other system of debt or servitude. All resources become the common heritage of all of the inhabitants, not just a select few. The premise upon which this system is based is that the Earth is abundant with plentiful resource; our practice of rationing resources through monetary methods is irrelevant and counter productive to our survival.

Modern society has access to highly advanced technology and can make available food, clothing, housing and medical care; update our educational system; and develop a limitless supply of renewable, non-contaminating energy. By supplying an efficiently designed economy, everyone can enjoy a very high standard of living with all of the amenities of a high technological society.

A resource-based economy would utilize existing resources from the land and sea, physical equipment, industrial plants, etc. to enhance the lives of the total population. In an economy based on resources rather than money, we could easily produce all of the necessities of life and provide a high standard of living for all.

Consider the following examples: At the beginning of World War II the US had a mere 600 or so first-class fighting aircraft. We rapidly overcame this short supply by turning out more than 90,000 planes a year. The question at the start of World War II was: Do we have enough funds to produce the required implements of war? The answer was No, we did not have enough money, nor did we have enough gold; but we did have more than enough resources. It was the available resources that enabled the US to achieve the high production and efficiency required to win the war. Unfortunately this is only considered in times of war.

If you visit the site check out the architecture, There are some amazing designs.

Lion Spirit Walker
October 12th, 2009, 10:47 PM
I'll certainly look into it. And I thank you very much for sharing the info and the excellent 'food fo thought.'