PDA

View Full Version : Enigma Platinum Collection - to be released Nov 09

BlueStar
October 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I saw it reported on the EMF site that Enigma will be the latest in a line of EMI artists to have a 3 disk 'platinum collection' release. The release date is 23rd Nov 09.

Disc 1 is a greatest hits collection.
Disc 2 is a remix collection.
Disc 3 features 'lost' or previously unreleased Enigma tracks.

Exciting! Obviously us Enigma diehards will probably have all of disc 1 (although hopefully the songs will have been remastered?) and I'm assuming the remixes will also have been previously released and are not newly commissioned ones.

But a whole disc of previously unreleased material. That's seriously COOL!!! Made my day. I can't wait for it. Just hope the set isn't unduly expensive.

Oh, there is also a 3 disc Sandra Platinum Collection being released this month, but as I have all the songs and the remixes don't look too exciting, I will save my money for the Enigma one.

Other news - the next Enigma album should be released next year :Hbounce

Mr. Brightside
October 9th, 2009, 11:14 AM
But a whole disc of previously unreleased material. That's seriously COOL!!! Made my day. I can't wait for it. Just hope the set isn't unduly expensive.

Other news - the next Enigma album should be released next year :Hbounce

That is good news, you have made my day also, :Hbounce

thanks for the heads up Rory I will watch out for it :yourock:

Narnia
October 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Yes - I received the email yesterday - oh and you know I am totally all over the 'lost' or previously unreleased works! :)

ENIGMA! ENIGMA! ENIGMA!! :two hearts:

BlueStar
October 9th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I'm so excited! I hope the 'lost' disc is longer than the E7 bonus disc though!! I'm hoping it'll be an album-length collection. The E7 bonus tracks were great (We are Nature, Sunrise, Where are we from? Piano Moods!) so I am thoroughly excited. Imagine if there are unreleased tracks from the E3 era........wowsers!!!

SoulChild
October 9th, 2009, 04:58 PM
I am excited as well...I just recieved the e-mail. I am so happy that Enigma is still going strong....I can't imagine what I'll do about music if the Enigma project stops....but, I will worry about that when I get to that bridge. I am very happy about this...just not feeling great right now....so this is like my promise of light in the dark tunnel.......(sorry don't mean to bring you guys down....but, I am down right now....perhaps my lowest point in many years)

Mr. Brightside
October 13th, 2009, 11:22 PM
An email I recieved earlier

One month before the 20th anniversary, “The Platinum Collection” of ENIGMAis a look back on one of the most successful musical projects of the lastyears. With over 50 million records sold worldwide, more than 100 platinumand gold awards and over 50 #1 chart positions, mastermind Michael Cretu iseclipsing twenty years of a musical journey with a 3 CD-Box Set release.

To accompany the compilation of seventeen selected tracks of ENIGMA’s„Greatest Hits“ and a „Remix Collection“ of eleven tracks, is a 3rd CDcalled “The Lost Ones” which delivers a never before allowed insight intothe creative sound laboratory of ENIGMA. “Everything starts with trial anderror.” Michael Cretu explains. “Sometimes it’s a sound, then a melody, aharmony or a mood. The “Lost Ones” are my way of instrumental draftsdeveloped from a boiling cauldron full of unordered, naive und carefreemusical ideas.” The mix of well-known worldwide hits and musical drafts collected over thelast few years will be released on the 20th of November 2009. (Virgin/EMIMusic).

CD 1 - THE GREATEST HITS

01. Sadeness (Part 1)
02. Mea Culpa (Orthodox Version)
03. Principles of Lust
04. Rivers of Belief
05. Return to Innocence
06. Age of Loneliness
07. Out from the Deep
08. Beyond the Invisible
09. T.N.T. for the Brain
10. Gravity of Love
11. Push the Limits
12. Turn Around
13. Voyageur
14. Boum-Boum
15. Following the Sun
16. Seven Lives
17. La Puerta del Cielo

CD 2 - THE REMIX COLLECTION

01. Sadeness (U.S. Violent Mix)
02. Mea Culpa (Fading Shades Mix)
03. Principles of Lust (Everlasting Lust Mix)
04. Return to Innocence (Long & Alive Version)
05. Age of Loneliness (Enigmatic Club Mix)
06. Out from the Deep (Trance Mix)
07. T.N.T. for the Brain (Midnight Man Mix)
08. Gravity of Love (Judgement Day Club Mix)
09. Push the Limits (ATB Remix)
10. Voyageur (Club Mix)
11. Boum-Boum (Chicane Club Edit)
12. Dreaming of Andromeda (Jean F.Cochois Remix)

CD 3 - THE LOST ONES

01. Lost One
02. Lost Two
03. Lost Three
04. Lost Four
05. Lost Five
06. Lost Six
07. Lost Seven
08. Lost Eight
09. Lost Nine
10. Lost Ten
11. Lost Eleven

Well nothing really new so far, be interesting to see how well the tracks work together I suppose, hope these Lost track have names lol

planetlove
October 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
excited:thanks:

This is the COVER ART...
http://www.enigmamusic.com/images/platinumcover.jpg

BlueStar
November 4th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Preview the new tracks here :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002VFPXDQ/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1257357653&sr=8-2

I'm so excited!! :spinny:

Although it sounds like they are 'lost' tracks mainly from the E7 era, they sound fresh and intriguing (except maybe the alternate version of Language of Sound, but then its not my favourite from E7). A nice little end of month treat for myself :laugh:

Narnia
November 4th, 2009, 06:38 PM
I SO NEED MY ENIGMA FIX!!!!

So far diggin and clickin' with Lost #2 and Lost #5

Cretu is/was having some wild fun .... *Hm?*

BlueStar
November 4th, 2009, 07:33 PM
He sure does sound like he was having fun and letting his hair down with these.

I already have Lost Two...it was the b-side with The Same Parents, 'Piano Moods'....it's a really beautiful, short little song.

Lost 8 and 9 are doing things to me just from those short samples ... (especially 9!) :drink:

BlueStar
November 24th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Normally I buy Enigma releases in CD format only but they postponed the physical CD release here so I downloaded it.

Overall it's good! The greatest hits CD is a nice retrospective and its good to hear the evolution of Enigma in chronological order, as well as to get often rare and difficult to acquire radio edits of songs. I'm disappointed there are no songs from A Posteriori on there, a big oversight and they have mislabeled Voyageur and Turn Around, at least on the download version.

The Lost Ones.....they are very much in line with the Seven Lives Many faces bonus CD. None of them are the masterpiece that We Are Nature was (which was possibly my fave song from the whole E7 era). It seems that they are probably all leftovers from E7 which is a bit disappointing. But it's still interesting hearing how MC forms his songs.....visual artists will understand what I mean when I say these are like sketches; it's very much like having a glimpse at a master's sketchbook. Some of the Lost Ones are really great and would have made fantastic additions to any Enigma album, while others are just throwaways.

The Lost Ones CD is not a necessary purchase, and NOT to be approached as you would a proper Enigma album. It reminds me of the B Side albums Moby released alongside his Play and 18 albums...similar style and feel. In fact, Lost One is very reminiscent of Moby's ambient works.

Lost Two was already digitally released as 'Piano Moods' with 'The Same Parents' single release. It's a beautiful, simple, mellow song. Lost Three and Four are explorations of the Language of Sound theme, using various vocal snippets as instrumentation. The first (Lost Three) isn't a favourite of mine as the samples sound cheap and coarse, but the second (Lost Four) is actually really good with an entrancing female vocal chant. Lost Five and Six are quite coarse electronic pieces, short and simple. Lost Five works quite well, but Lost Six is not great. Lost Seven is just another version of The Language of Sound...if you are a fan of this song, which I'm not, you might like it, but I find it the least appealing of the three versions available.

The last part of the Lost CD is the best. Lost Eight and Nine are beautiful instrumental pieces that could easily have been worked into any of the more recent albums...Lost Nine is my favourite track, and has a haunting melody and great atmosphere. Definitely my favourite track of the lot. Lost Ten is a prototype version of Je t'aime til my dying day and although short and unpolished, I think I actually prefer it to the album version. The last track is another good instrumental piece with a nice atmosphere and melody.

Not essential, but like the SLMF bonus CD, enjoyable and interesting. If you are looking to only download a few, the best bets are Lost Two (if you don't already have it), Lost Four, Lost Eight, Lost Nine and Lost Eleven.