PDA

View Full Version : life is but a dream?

brother
October 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Ever hear the philisophical belief that non of this is real? That we are living a dream?

I stumbled across this gem back as a teenager and on and off through out my life and I've always thought... not a chance.

I've maintained that view but now I am questioning it..

Two weeks ago I went into a meditative state that has left me wondering about what I have believed up till now.

This meditative state came upon me much like visions have... with out prompting and thats a first for me. Almost as if some one put me in a hypnotic sleep with out my conscious knowledge. Once there, I felt like I was being pulled into the rabbit hole, one full of colors and light. I then began to see my life play itself out before me... and then what I can only call different realities of this life, where other things took place and I was living other choices and decisions.

This scene continued for what seemed like days and then I was being pulled deeper to a place where I lay slumbering and all these realities were a part of that dream, including this life.

I struggled to wake myself up, to wake up from this dream of life and was left feeling frustrated being unable to do so and then I came out of the meditative state I had been in.

I was left feeling that my vision of self dreaming all these realities was "home"

and this... all this... was an illusion.

MystEerieUsOne
October 8th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hi!

What you experienced is a natural phenomenon for someone moving toward Consciousness. It is very real, very reality-based, nothing delusional at all, and should be only one of many more such experiences.

Something(s) you exposed yourself to caused an alignment, however momentary, like a magnetism drawing you toward the truth.

You are describing a momentary break from a linear perception of life. There will be many more to come if you keep going in the direction of your journey that brought you that experience, trusting that there is so much more.

What happened is that the universe seemed to stop in place, with no where further to go, and yet the energy still kept flowing, and it had to have someplace to go, right?! So, it begins to expand in place. In other words, linear time and space ceased to exist, and with that, you began to realize the REAL reality.

Yes, this world is not a dream. It really is here, and all the people and objects are very real, and very really existing, but...they are only a very small aspect of the whole truth.

You became undistracted for a while, but practical reality drew you back, wondering where you went and which way to go after such an experience.

Where you go is...here, to practical reality, but each time you return you are a little bit more aware, a little more further along in your journey toward the truth.

Each time you go back there and experience it all over again, you will remember having been there, and that will allow you to go further, to take it higher, to see more, to become aware of more, to make more connections, and each time you return to the practical world of basic functioning, you will be a changed person, bringing what you remember with you.

And over time, and within space, little by little you will realize that you didn't return as much as you did in the past, that you evolved higher, and HIGHER, until...there is no difference, except...it's everybody else who is asleep and dreaming, for real, and you are wide awake, watching them, trying to wake them up!

BlueStar
October 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks for your insights guys. I am also very much aware of the 'dream like' nature of this seemingly tangible 3-D world. I can't express or articulate it quite yet, but I feel it and know that this is just a play in consciousness; images appearing upon a screen in which we are the light and the screen, and the perceiver and the perceived, all seemingly fragmented but whole.

Awakening reminds me very much of The Matrix. Do you take the red pill of the blue pill? Do you want to stay in the Matrix with its comforting familiarity or do you want to wake up and see reality for what it is? There's a ring of truth to that. But, fortunately, I'm pretty sure that in reality the world isn't being run by machines ;) :)

Rana
October 9th, 2009, 06:52 AM
for me : this isnt my true world it is my classroom only ,my body ,my mind exists to it and for it. when you experience these moments your soul is being allowed to express in the way it does when you are without body . when you sleep your spirit leaves the body for relief , when you meditate also .. nice feeling isnt it. one day youll feel that way in your every moment . what you are experiencing is a memory . x

SoulChild
October 9th, 2009, 05:05 PM
sometimes I feel like everyone is out to get me. Sometimes I feel like people are starring at me. Sometimes I feel like everything is fake except me. Sometimes I feel that people were purposely put in my life for some reasons good and bad...but, mostly bad. Sometimes I feel that people I have come across were actually asigned to me...to watch/observe.....perhaps to protect?..but, the part about people starring at me...I mean, this is the big one for me. I am not one who dresses weird or anything, but for some reason, I tend to stick out. My cousin described me as not being like everyone else.....but, I don't know...the way people look at me just give me this funny feeling. When I look at cars drive by, and all the cars on the highway and all the people walking by....just seem so FAKE!:girl_yes3 (1):

Rana
October 9th, 2009, 09:22 PM
sometimes I feel like everyone is out to get me. Sometimes I feel like people are starring at me. Sometimes I feel like everything is fake except me. Sometimes I feel that people were purposely put in my life for some reasons good and bad...but, mostly bad. Sometimes I feel that people I have come across were actually asigned to me...to watch/observe.....perhaps to protect?..but, the part about people starring at me...I mean, this is the big one for me. I am not one who dresses weird or anything, but for some reason, I tend to stick out. My cousin described me as not being like everyone else.....but, I don't know...the way people look at me just give me this funny feeling. When I look at cars drive by, and all the cars on the highway and all the people walking by....just seem so FAKE!:girl_yes3 (1):

hello dear elizabeth ,
i used to experience this sensation hightened like you are at the moment , my brother and me always comment on getting "stared" at moreso now "looked" at so i can totally relate to that , there was a time when it used to come from a place of insecurity because they had to be looking at me because i wasnt up to scratch right ? (i still have them moments even now ) but when i had to give advice to him i was like "no way they are ADMIRING you and they are drawn to your light ..and he does have one ,he stands out beautifully because you are the flower to the bees in this world " and he really does get looked at where ever he goes its really cool to watch it from another angle. so i applied this to myself . and let me tell you ..you ARE beautiful ..you radiate trully ..what you are emanating is "im here " and im open.im spirit... that you are seeing what you are calling fakeness it is because you trully see who you are and what your reason for being is . if you turn your perspective on this you will look at the people and feel a sadness because they are living in the physical reality , they have not awakened. if i saw you not only would i look upon you ..i would come up and say hi ..i do that with people im drawn to all the time ..although my family gets embarrassed ..

Narnia
October 9th, 2009, 10:02 PM
In midst of doing something - sometimes I'll have moments where I feel like 'How did 'I' get here, right now?' - the 'now', the right here now it always feels like a new beginning like I'm at a new starting point. Awakening again ..... that gets me wondering .... :)

planetlove
October 9th, 2009, 10:09 PM
I believe in truth we are floating in our minds
The mind is the vehicle of conciousness....

The world and the universe is in our minds.....
The reality of the dream is to wake up to know yourself....
To become more aware of who you are ....which is the truth ...

To figure out the 99 percent to the stuff thats infront of you is not real..
That there is no real death .....there is life after death ...
You come to realize you are a free spirit with the cooless mind ever ...
In truth is that everything is holigraphic...
It can materialize or dematerialize at an instant....
That you can do anything and everything you want and more...
The dream is that NOTHING IS REAL .....everything is illusion...
the truth is that other multidimensional worlds exist and overlap right in front our eyes....
until one day you bring yourself to see heaven and earth exist as one in overlaps ...

I said lots here that most of you understand now
or dont
and will in HOLIGRAPHIC time...

You are the creator of your own reality ....
YOur thoughts create it .. so think well and have a great dream....

V

Narnia
October 9th, 2009, 10:34 PM
You are the creator of your own reality ....
Your thoughts create it .. so think well and have a great dream....

V

Absolutely dear one - absolutely! :)

brother
October 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Giving this a bit more thought ........

At one time in my life I believed in evil....... and when I stopped believing in it, it no longer existed in my reality. It was still real, but not for me. I once believed I couldnt heal myself... and then I changed that belief.... and indeed I found I could heal myself. Perhaps there are layers of reality... the deeper you go with in... the deeper the reality.

Just some more thoughts