PDA

View Full Version : Did You Have A Nickname?

Lion Spirit Walker
October 3rd, 2009, 03:05 AM
Often as children we're given nicknames, either by family or friends.
Did you have one, and if so what was it???

My family gave me this one and to this day one of my brothers still calls me by it, it was/is 'BOODLE'.

Kiran
October 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Often as children we're given nicknames, either by family or friends.
Did you have one, and if so what was it???

My family gave me this one and to this day one of my brothers still calls me by it, it was/is 'BOODLE'.

LOLLOL Now you are in trouble Boodle!!!

I am extremely embarrassed to say mine was ...oh no...I can't ...its too embarrassing....my mother still called me this at 18 years of age and I wanted to fall into a big hole in the ground when she called me by it in a shop!!!
Ok...her goes...its ....Lollipop!!
Mind you a very dear friend calls me by another name and I am still trying to get used to it so I will not share that one yet ;)

*Edit - My name Lorri is a nickname as my full name is Lorrianne :)

Narnia
October 3rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
I actually have a list of nicknames ....

1. Pooble (I dare say - it is rather close to yours Michael)
2. Electric Liz
3. Busy Liz
4. Polly Person
5. Fudatita
6. Uba
7. Bus Cleaner

Well, that's all I can remember at the mo ...

[Later Edit]
8. Stripes
9. Stretch
10. Polly-O Cheese
11. Olive Oil

When sister began her college days she started calling me 'frolic' and I in turn started calling her 'frolic' ... to this day we still call each other 'frolic'. :)

Fun thread Michael!

Genesis
October 4th, 2009, 05:19 PM
As many know already and call me, Gen - Short for my name Genesis.
Close family also call me Genny - Which personally I cannot stand.
Then there is Gen Gen. And Gigi... and in my Arabic Group, they call me T'Kween - Which is my name here, and Genesis in Arabic...

planetlove
October 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
V

varuney
varuneykins
Love
Sweety
noonie
V-man
VP
Roonie
Big V
Vick

If i think of a few more which im sure people call me i will edit this post ...
V

Logio
October 5th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorft

Rana
October 5th, 2009, 06:51 AM
funnily enough a few of us were having a talk about this recently and evryone there was reeling off their nicknames .. ive only ever had one nickname and only one person has called me by it and thats Dad ..
its "BUB" .:) people always seem to like my name Rana .simple and sweet . i didnt identify with my own name for a long time even saying it aloud felt really weird ,so when iw as young i ddint like my name at all i felt i was stuck with it .growing up changes alot of things ..

my girls are called moku , chumpa wumpa , blub blub the list goes on.

Will65
October 6th, 2009, 01:19 AM
When i started this job i am doing now some guys did not know my name so they just called me "White socks" as that's what i used to wear,which is pretty strange to do here now i know better but it stuck.Now some are calling me "Padre" as they come to me with there Confessions.:blink:

'

SoulChild
October 6th, 2009, 02:19 PM
I actually introduce myself as Elizabeth...but, many take it upon theirselves to call me what they see fit...so here it goes...

Soulchild
Lizzysparks
Lizzy
Eliza
Eliz
E
Wisdom E
Sparks
Little E
Big E
lyzardbreath (although I never had a problem with bad breath...just seem to fit)....LOL
forhead (said like you are saying fore ahead like in golf) yeah, got kinda a big forehead...lol
Liz
Jungle Sister

some people call me sweetie and I hate that! I think because they may think I am young but most of the time I am older than the person calling me sweetie....and I really aint that sweet....never have been.

SoulChild
October 7th, 2009, 02:24 PM
hehehe, how can I forget my Arabic name? Samiyrah also spelled Samira (the entertaining companion)....and this is bad but, I had some friends that would joking call me 'smirnoff' like the vodka....(lol)...yeah, there is always a nick name unless you already have a short and simple name.... :signsHF:

God's Toy
October 7th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Yep I got a few but noooooooo I wont be using them here, well ok maybe one. MR BIG lol!

Lion Spirit Walker
October 7th, 2009, 10:32 PM
Too Cool! Loollool.
Thank you everyone for sharing.
:yourock:

Logio
October 8th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Peter (god's toy) gave me the nickname: Natedog...and I like it.

Natedog

brother
October 8th, 2009, 12:44 AM
sheesh Psyche! now that 'BOODLE' is out in the open its one less thing I can use as blackmail .... sigh.....

I guess there is always "spooky christmas" :Boy_yes3:

:gathering:
LOL

I can only think of one... wick
my real name is chad and people started calling me chadwick then is was shortened to just wick. haha

Lion Spirit Walker
October 8th, 2009, 12:47 AM
hahahahahaha
:yourock:

SoulChild
October 20th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Peter (god's toy) gave me the nickname: Natedog...and I like it.

Natedog

That made me smile :two hearts:

Logio
October 20th, 2009, 06:50 AM
That made me smile :two hearts:

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/pets/2009/03/13/Irish-Setter-ref.jpg

Yeah, it's weird, but I think I was his pet dog in another life. lol. Maybe I was an Irish Setter.

Natedog

Narnia
October 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah, it's weird, but I think I was his pet dog in another life. lol. Maybe I was an Irish Setter.

Natedog

HA! You're probably right!! :)

ron-ron