PDA

View Full Version : sorry about the down time.

God's Toy
October 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone.

You may have seen MW was down for a long time over night.

Our hosts were subjected to a DDOS attack and this crashed the Server MW is hosted from.
In the end we had to restore the site from a back-up to get us back up online, it took over 10 HRs of work fo fix but at least we are here now able to post once more!

Some of you may find some of your threads or posts missing and I am sorry if this is the case. At this point I won't be able to restore them as they would have been made after the last back up was taken of the site.

Thanks everyone for your time and understanding in this and the forum is now fully open for all your posting needs!

Welcome back MW!

regards Peter.

Kiran
October 1st, 2009, 11:53 AM
Guess these things happen!! Hope they can put a stop to the issues soon!
Thanks for the update hon :)

Narnia
October 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
Thank you for the update Peter - it is good to have MW back online - the internet is a cold world without it! :)

Kiran
October 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM
Still seems a bit sluggish here....hopefully it won't go down again!

God's Toy
October 1st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Lorri remember the server is still being looked at and restored so it will be a little slow untill everything is as it should be.

Kiran
October 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM
Aah thats fine then Peter. Thanks for the heads up!

Stargazer
October 1st, 2009, 06:04 PM
All those PM's and VM's that i replied to yesterday again pops up as unread today....guess it's because of the down time but should i again reply to them ?

God's Toy
October 1st, 2009, 06:06 PM
Most of yesterdays posts are lost I'm sorry to say, if the person you sent a PM didnt read it then you will have to send it off once more, that also means VM's to user profiles too

Lion Spirit Walker
October 1st, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thank you very much for your hard work in bringing the site back up again Peter. Your efforts are truly appreciated.
As a side note, late last night (CST) Facebook was also brought down as had occurred with MW.
Again Peter, Thank you.
:yourock:

God's Toy
October 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thank you all for your understanding.

At this point I feel I should point out that until the Server 100% stable MW may be slow to respond or sometimes stop working altogether, this is necessary pain until everything is back where it should be.

Thanks for sticking with us.

:thanks:

Peter

planetlove
October 2nd, 2009, 03:12 AM
As to there are glitches in our communication ...
there are glitches we have to fix when communicating with the devine in ourselves...

this is just a small projection that we should pay attention on fixing the communication with self also....
V

Narnia
October 2nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
As to there are glitches in our communication ...
there are glitches we have to fix when communicating with the devine in ourselves...

this is just a small projection that we should pay attention on fixing the communication with self also....
V

Well said dear V!!

ps: love your new avy!

planetlove
October 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Well said dear V!!

ps: love your new avy!

Thank you ...
I stumbled upon it the other day....
I thought it was appropriate for my.screen name "planetlove"
V