PDA

View Full Version : 10 Guests for Dinner?

Narnia
November 14th, 2008, 08:03 PM
This was a question *more or less* previously asked on a former forum and I liked it a lot!!

Okay, let's say you're going to throw a fabulous dinner party for 10 guests.

Who would be the 10 lucky people you would invite for your dinner party?

These may people from the past as well as the present. Who's brain would you want to pick?

May I pour you a glass of wine!? Hmm, should turn out to be an interesting evening...I am sure...?

I am still working on my guest list?

[Later Edit]

Hmmm, this is tough, I thought it might be a little easier this time! :blink: hmm, I know I would invite Gandhi and Michael Cretu, for sure! But, then again I would want to invite everyone here on MW to dinner as well...and that's way more than 10 people...:jaw:

But my list so far...(*which is subject to change*)...
1. Gandhi.
2. Micheal Cretu.

Stargazer
November 15th, 2008, 05:55 AM
Here's my list and an easy one for me to think about the 10 people

1.Gandhi
2.Adolf Hitler
3.Genghis Khan
4.Gautama Buddha
5.Rembrandt
6.Kamal Haasan
7.Michael Cretu
8.Warren Buffet
9.Sachin Tendulkar
10.Rowan Atkinson

10 is very very less,there's so many people i would like to have for my dinner party...... and Of course my online friends :drinks

mary
November 15th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Just 10? Is it any rules?, those 10 people have to be famous, showbiz, part of history, from the past or future? Because all I can think of right now is that 10 is not enough I have a big family and all of them I would like to invite if I ever have a dinner party (except maybe 2 or 3 cousins), you know enjoy being with them while we are all together and alive, maybe I'm a little down to earth and I'm not using my imagination enough to come along with a more interesting and fantastic list. Or maybe is because they are more meaningful, although they're harsh on me, a love/hate bittersweet kind of thing between us all the time.

But I will try to think on a more imaginative list, right now I'm thinking that Bono from U2 definetly, and of course MC and Sandra too (but in the early Enigma), Geoffrey Rush (my favorite actor ever), Che Guevara, and that's it for now.

Narnia
November 15th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Okay, you can invite more than 10 people...it's fine with me...:) ...it's your party after all!

Mr. Brightside
November 15th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Good Topic :clap couldn't whittle it down to 10 ;)

1 - Gandhi
2 - Buddha
3 - Martin Luther King
4 - John Lennon
5 - Elvis
6 - Gene Roddenberry
7 - Lee Harvey Oswald
8 - Winston Churchill
9 - Barrack Obama
10 - Che Guevara
11 - Jimmy McGovern (British Screenwriter)
12 - Audrey Hepburn
13 - John Peel (British DJ)
14 - Rik Mayall

And Keira Knightley for eye candy :giveheart

God's Toy
November 15th, 2008, 08:54 PM
Hmm can I have 10 more of me?

now that would be a dinner and a half!

:Hbounce

Narnia
November 15th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Continuation of my list....

1. Gandhi.
2. Leonardo Da Vinci.
3. Jules Verne.
4. Adolf Hilter.
4. Gautama Buddha.
5. Micheal Crichton.
6. Barack Obama.
7. Bono.
8. Hugh Laurie.
9. Rowan Atkinson.
10. Jim Carey.
11. Conan O'Brien.
12. Bryon Katie.
13. Martin Lurther king Jr.
14. Abraham Lincoln.
15. David Suchet.
16. Oprah.
17. Sandra Cretu.
18. Micheal Cretu.
19. Chris van Allsburg.
20. C.S. Lewis.
21. Michelangelo.
22. Plato.
23. Stanely Kurbick.

*note* this list is subject to change...most likely additions will be made...

Rana
November 16th, 2008, 10:09 AM
what a great thing to contemplate !! excellent idea ..

1.My Great Nana Hotai ( she was what is called a tohunga which in Maori is a medicine woman)
2. Sitting Bull (a wise healer )
3.Joan of ARC (need i explain)
4. Edgar Cayce (id love to have a reading with him)
5. Mother theresa
6. Buddha (just for his sheer presence)
7. Michael Cretu
8. Bono (u2)
9. Oprah
10. shakespere ..

..and im going to have an excited long think about this one over the next few days too ..:girl_yes3 (1):

Narnia
November 16th, 2008, 02:56 PM
My list continues...

You know, I can't believe I didn't think of these people before...

1. All of my Grand-Parents!! I never had the opportunity of meeting any of them because the they all passed away before I was ever born...let alone being a thought.
2. My Dad. *I would love for him to meet Paul* :)
3. Shakespeare. *thanks to oceanentity's idea*
3. Joan of Arc *again, thanks to oceanentity* :)

more to come later....

Narnia
November 16th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Hmm can I have 10 more of me?

now that would be a dinner and a half!

:Hbounce

Sure! Why not? What do you mean dinner and a half :blink: more like a trip and a half, don't ya think! :pilot: :laugh: :drinks :laugh:

God's Toy
November 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
What better way of getting to know yourself than to have yourself over for dinner?!

Narnia
November 16th, 2008, 03:13 PM
What better way of getting to know yourself than to have yourself over for dinner?!

That is an excellent point my friend!! :girl_yes3 (1):

BlueStar
November 17th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Awesome thread, I love it!!

I gave some thought to it and realised that the people I'd invite (waay more than just 10 ;)) are spiritual teachers and creative muses that have inspired and helped me along my life's path.

In no particular order they would include:

Lao Tzu
Gautama Siddhartha
Ramana Maharshi
Dalai Lama (Tenzin Gyatso)
Eckhart Tolle
Byron Katie
Milarepa
Earlyne Chaney
Solara
Albert Einstein
Thich Nhat Hanh
Socrates
Pythagoras
Michelangelo
Leonardo da Vinci
William Shakespeare
Michael Cretu
Vangelis

OMG...I have no idea how I'd share my time between all those extraordinary people....would be one heck of a dinner party!! :drinks

planetlove
November 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
This is my list....
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o266/varunepersad/masters2.jpg
From left to right:
1.Commander Ashtar (representing all Spirit-attuned Extraterrestrial Races),
2.Isis (representing the Egyptian as well as all ancient schools of thought),
3.Kuthumi/Pythagoras (representing all the philosophies of life),
4.Krishna (representing Hinduism),
5.Sai Baba (representing all religions),
6.Buddha (representing the masculine energy of Buddhism),
7. Melchizedek (Universal Logos - responsible for the evolution of our entire Melchizedek Universe),
8. YHWH (Yod Hay Wod Hay - Jewish Name for God/Judaism),
9.OM symbol (Hindu Name for God),
10. ALI (New Age Name for Allah/Islam),
11. Jesus/Sananda and Mother Mary (representing the masculine and feminine energy in Christianity),
12. Babaji (representing Hinduism and the eternity of life),
13. Saint Germain/Mahachohan (representing the Ascended Masters and transcendence & unity of all religions),
14.Djwhal Khul (representing Taoism), Kuan Yin (representing the Goddess energy of Buddhism),
15.Mother Earth at the bottom (representing the Feminine Face of God) and the stars & planets at the top (representing the Infinity of the Divine).

SoulChild
November 19th, 2008, 08:51 PM
OMG! As soon as I read the topic...I was thinking, I would chose 10 of my favorite people here on this board!...LOL You guys have chosen all these intellegent, wonderful people. Now, I ask you, can you really eat while in the presence of those people? I would be too nervous!:blink: If I had people like that in a set of 10 sitting around a dinner table. Oh, I would think I was on trial or something! I would feel like the whole situation is a major test. It would be like sitting on the supreme council. LOL So, in reality, if I could chose 10 people that would actually be possible to have dinner with...it would be you guys. Can't think of anyone else right now :hello:

Narnia
November 19th, 2008, 10:40 PM
...I would be too nervous!:blink: If I had people like that in a set of 10 sitting around a dinner table. Oh, I would think I was on trial or something! I would feel like the whole situation is a major test. It would be like sitting on the supreme council...

:clap I love how funny you are SoulChild!! :laugh: :Hbounce

:gathering: Okay, what do you for dinner? :drinks

Rana
November 22nd, 2008, 07:31 AM
:)ohhh thanks soulchild ..id bring the dessert !

Rana
November 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
oh ..and Michael Hutchence ..Bob Marley ..Doris Day ..Vincent Van Gough ..Micheal Angelo ..
Jesus ..
John Edwards ..
..to be continued

SoulChild
November 22nd, 2008, 02:54 PM
The only famous person i can think of right now is Michael Cretu...oh, and Bill Maher...ummm...I like Will Smith I guess.....I would love to have dinner with Stevie Wonder, and Janet Jackson...so, how many is that so far? ummm..lets see...okay thats 5...hmm 5 more...uh, to be continued.....:pilot:

Genesis
November 22nd, 2008, 03:06 PM
Interesting Idea!

Mine would be:

`Jesus the Nazerene
`Daniel the Prophet
`Martin Luther (Reformation)
`Flaveous Josephus (1st century Jewish historian)
`Joan of Arc
`Alexander the Great
`Moses
`Ghandi
`Kate Bush ;)
`Noah (Ask him all my nagging questions about how a global flood truely was)

Genesis
November 27th, 2008, 12:42 AM
I would also had...

`Martin Luther King Jr.

Logio
November 27th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Here's my list; he he, dont' try to analyze it LOL! :

Tracy Chapman
Ann Frank
Dr. Seuss aka Theodor Geisel (sp)
Aliah
Queen Latifah
Bill Clinton
Dolly Parton
Joan Collins
Willie Nelson
Kate Bush

Tzvika
November 27th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald (Good idea Gollum)
Lisa Gerrard
Bjork
Richard D. James
J.R.R. Tolkien
A random kid who lived in Kanaan so he could tell me how life really was back then
Mozart so he could try to explain what's it like to be able to hear beautiful orchestral music in your head and write it down.
King Saul - I always saw him as a tragic figure.

And that's all i can think of right now.

Genesis
November 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
Here's my list; he he, dont' try to analyze it LOL! :

Kate Bush

See? It's not just me!
We rock :D

I also am thinking it would be neat to have a conversation with Loreena Mckennitt and Tom Waits. If anything, would be entertaining to say the least!

Logio
November 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM
See? It's not just me!
We rock :D

Kate Bush

My only fear with Kate, is that she might be one of those serious and stuffy, English women with a dry personality...but something tells me that she would be very fun and laugh a lot.

Nathan

Genesis
November 29th, 2008, 01:47 AM
My only fear with Kate, is that she might be one of those serious and stuffy, English women with a dry personality...but something tells me that she would be very fun and laugh a lot.

Nathan

If anyone can make Rolling Around in the dirt an artistic expression, would agree she's the latter.

Stargazer
February 20th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Here's my list and an easy one for me to think about the 10 people

1.Gandhi
2.Adolf Hitler
3.Genghis Khan
4.Gautama Buddha
5.Rembrandt
6.Kamal Haasan
7.Michael Cretu
8.Warren Buffet
9.Sachin Tendulkar
10.Rowan Atkinson

10 is very very less,there's so many people i would like to have for my dinner party...... and Of course my online friends :drinks

...As it has now emerged that Hitler had such a terrible table manners,I am now considering removing him from my list.....http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495188,00.html......and save myself of any awkward situation in front of my other esteemed guests,after all who needs a farting ass around a dinner table ?

Instead i would like to have Idi Amin as my guest.......or Osama......well may be Bush ?........how about Stalin or even Saddam?.......phew there's no dearth of mass murderers :shok:

Narnia
February 20th, 2009, 06:42 PM
...Mozart so he could try to explain what's it like to be able to hear beautiful orchestral music in your head and write it down...

Hey, that's an excellent one, to have over for dinner!

Narnia
February 20th, 2009, 06:47 PM
...As it has now emerged that Hitler had such a terrible table manners,I am now considering removing him from my list.....http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495188,00.html......and save myself of any awkward situation in front of my other esteemed guests,after all who needs a farting ass around a dinner table ?

Yes, that was a rather amuzing article to read! Thanks Stargazer! :biggrin.

Instead i would like to have Idi Amin as my guest.......or Osama......well may be Bush ?........how about Stalin or even Saddam?.......phew there's no dearth of mass murderers :shok:

Well, have some pepper spray at hand just in case anyone gets out of hand, or even better yet, just some hire some top notch security company, to ensure a pleasant evening, okay!