PDA

View Full Version : Fact

Lion Spirit Walker
September 25th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Human Beings Are Part Of The Animal Kingdom.

Genesis
September 25th, 2009, 09:49 PM
And that explains their actions on some fronts. Great start to this thread!

Lion Spirit Walker
September 25th, 2009, 09:52 PM
:thanks:
People who disaccoiate themselves from this truth find it too easy to slaughter and destroy other forms of Life.
Ty again for your encouraging word Gen.

Logio
September 26th, 2009, 02:09 AM

Many religions believe that we are in not to be classified with the animal kingdom, because they believe we did not evolve from lower life forms. I believe as Aristotle believed that we are in fact an animal, but a higher type of animal, a logical animal. We should be able to exercise our higher faculties for rationality, and not always succomb to our passions.

Nathan

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
But who can truly say which Life Form is higher than any other?
We are the same and we are unique.
I embrace All aspects of my Being in my understanding that I, nor any part of my Being is a mistake. Just as I embrace all living beings, equal and unique.

Logio
September 26th, 2009, 04:58 AM
But who can truly say which Life Form is higher than any other?
We are the same and we are unique.
I embrace All aspects of my Being in my understanding that I, nor any part of my Being is a mistake. Just as I embrace all living beings, equal and unique.

This may be ontological or existentially true...but shouldn't be necessarily correlated with the disparity between our relative material intelligences. Meaning, that animals less evolved (than we), have an aspect of intelligence relative to their own species...and not to ours. Of course, this a logical conjecture based on the rubric of the Theory of Evolution --which the philosophy of science recognizes.

Respectfully,

Nathan

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 05:43 AM
With regard to "less evolved species" we, Human Beings are actually one of the newer species to have evolved. So Nathan, if you would please use a more descriptive term than "less evolved" (i.e., less evolved is for myself stating that less time has been spent in the evolutionary process), for my benefit. I do not want to misunderstand what your conveying in this conversation.
And it has been and continues to be discovered in various animal species an intellegence very much like our own. LOL. And these various animal species understand us far greater than we understand them or ourselves.
Just try to remember that discovery is a never ending story. What was once and/or is considered to be fact is very quickly discarded with each new discovery.
Consider how many of those who followed the teachings of Aristotle during and after his lifetime, also considered the Earth to be the center of the Universe and flat.
If Any of us seek to truly understand reality, we must always maintain an open mind to this very simple truth; We live in a Universe where All things are possible.

Logio
September 26th, 2009, 06:37 AM
With regard to "less evolved species" we, Human Beings are actually one of the newer species to have evolved. So Nathan, if you would please use a more descriptive term than "less evolved" (i.e., less evolved is for myself stating that less time has been spent in the evolutionary process), for my benefit. I do not want to misunderstand what your conveying in this conversation.
And it has been and continues to be discovered in various animal species an intellegence very much like our own. LOL. And these various animal species understand us far greater than we understand them or ourselves.
Just try to remember that discovery is a never ending story. What was once and/or is considered to be fact is very quickly discarded with each new discovery.

My apologies, Michael. The definition for "higher evolved" means to have a larger forebrain than other species. And...although there are many animals who are considered an older species (i.e. have been around longer), they have not developed the larger forebrain of mankind. I would tend to agree that evolutionary science is less changing than most scientific concepts. This is mostly because of the lack of the understanding of the workings of the complex nature of higher theories of science such as physics and astronomy.

Consider how many of those who followed the teachings of Aristotle during and after his lifetime, also considered the Earth to be the center of the Universe and flat.

Of course there have been and will continue to be paradigms that replace others in science - science wouldn't be science without them; this was more of a particular, discriptive statement. But it must be agreed, by definition, that we as humans have a higher reasoning ability than do animals with a less evolved forebrain.

If Any of us seek to truly understand reality, we must always maintain an open mind to this very simple truth; We live in a Universe where All things are possible.

I don't believe it can be said that all things are possible - at least there isn't enough data to prove that conclusion. If one makes that assertion, then he are making an unfounded leap.

Respectfully,

Nathan

Logio
September 26th, 2009, 05:28 PM

I agree with you, my friend, that we are all part of the great-web-of-life. Native Americans were very respectful to this reality. I believe our disagreement may have been one of catagory only. Science is an indicator; a description of physical laws. It may not readily provide moral answers...but like water, its corollary Nature, may react to either "postive" or "negative" forces.

Respectfully,

Nathan

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Forgive me but I must throw this out in response to the "leap" in that all things are possible.
Dark matter and dark energy are both considered by science to definately exist. LOL. And yet niether is at all understood or definable. In physics, they are the 'Nothing that is Something.'
Black holes exist. Yet without this "leap", they would have never had been found.
And with regard to the evolution of the cerebral cortex of the brain (that which I believe you are reffering to, as most animal life forms have frontal lobes.) I have a 3 year old cockatoo who is my loving companion who most definately has an evoled cerebral cortex. As is true for all parrots.
There are in fact so many species that have 'evoled' cerebral cortexes, that to list them all here is senseless.
I've done more than my share with regard to the study of animal species (evolution, behavior, etc.) When I entered into college, my initial intent was to get a master degree in Marine Biology. But I sold out, knowing that as a creative commercial artist I would make much more money, which I did. But nonetheless, my passionate interest and desire to understand the fellow creatures with which we share this planet has always (even to this day) remained an active pursuit in my life.
Rest assured my friend, I would not say it if I was unsure as to it's factual nature.
p.s., I've considered this to be a healthy conversation with regard to the evolution of species (and a little sprinkle of physics.) And not by any means a disagreement. I strongly feel that it is through such discussions that we all come to a greater Understanding of ourselves and the nature of reality.
To put it simply, I appreciate your taking the time to discuss this with me. Tyvm.
:superman:

Logio
September 26th, 2009, 09:26 PM
To put it simply, I appreciate your taking the time to discuss this with me. Tyvm.
:superman:

I as well. Thank you for the mental exercise, Michael.

Nathan

Rana
September 27th, 2009, 02:13 PM
as a whole we are the only species that has totally branched away from its instinctual habits , not only devastated our natural habitat but created a more destructive one in the process . We have also managed with this un natural habitat managed to directly impact on every other species going about their business in this world. we didnt seem to want beautiful pastures or forests ,natural beaches ..we wanted concrete cities ,and to see the evidence of our control in every aspect like Zoos .i love to see flocks of bird in migration it reminds me that nature happens and is still happening reguardless . thankyou for this thread ..

Logio
September 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Forgive me but I must throw this out in response to the "leap" in that all things are possible.
Dark matter and dark energy are both considered by science to definately exist. LOL. And yet niether is at all understood or definable. In physics, they are the 'Nothing that is Something.'
Black holes exist. Yet without this "leap", they would have never had been found.

Michael, you must agree that to say that all things are possible is a more unfounded leap than scientific hypothesis than the existence of black holes. Scientists have reached this explanation through astonomathematical deductions...which is more akin to a Mack truck running over a pothole than a elephant jumping from nothing to nothing.

Respectfully,

Nathan

Lion Spirit Walker
September 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Nathan, I have a wonderful book on contemporary physics entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
If you wish for more clarity, study some of his writings. They are 'enlightening'.

Logio
September 28th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Nathan, I have a wonderful book on contemporary physics entitled "The Fabric Of The Cosmos" by Brian Greene.
If you wish for more clarity, study some of his writings. They are 'enlightening'.

I surely will. I enjoyed reading Brian Greene's 'The Elegant Universe'; It is a tour de force.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 28th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Good to see.
:yourock: