PDA

View Full Version : We did it! China dog cull averted!

BlueStar
September 24th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I was so relieved and happy when I saw this notification from IFAW. As a massive animal lover my heart and soul is rejoicing! It also reinforced to me that we simply by spending a moment signing a petition can and DOES make a difference. :Hbounce Thanks to everyone who helped. :thanks:

From IFAW:

Thanks to the immediate response of our supporters, the dog cull in Qinhuangdao has been averted.

The details are still coming in - but it's clear that the government in Qinhuangdao felt the pressure from IFAW supporters around the world. Public notices and government web site postings announcing the cull have been taken down.

If you ever wondered whether one person can make a difference - well, this is proof that they can! Every email, message, and dollar sent had a direct effect on averting a widespread, unnecessary and cruel slaughter.

We will be keeping a close eye on the area until we are convinced that no dogs will be harmed in the future. Many locals sent their pets away to friends and family in order to protect them, and we want to make sure Qinhuangdao remains a safe place for them to return.

You see, local government officials often resort to dog culls because China has no rabies prevention program or animal welfare legislation. A single case of rabies can create a panic - leading to calls for a mass dog slaughter at anytime.

That's why it's so important for IFAW to establish vaccination and sterilisation programs within China to control overpopulation and disease - before more culls are called for.

Your donation is critical to developing these programs and ending dog culls once and for all.
http://www.kintera.org/TR.asp?a=iuLVIePQIbJPJgL&s=6oKGJRPrEgIKJMPoFkG&m=pmKXKcOUIiIbG

I'm so proud of what we were able to achieve for these dogs. I want to thank all of our animal friends like you for helping to prevent such tragic and needless suffering, and for making today such a wonderful day for animals.

Sincerely,

Fred O'Regan
IFAW CEO

Rana
September 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
ohhhh man this is SO good ..im happy too ..it has really made for a happy thought before i head off to sleep .. my happy thought so i can focus on Samantha ..who i see waking very brightly in the near future ..xx:Hbounce

BlueStar
September 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Thank you Rana. It is indeed wonderful news. I kept imagining what would happen if I'd been told to kill my beloved dogs...it was just awful. But all the efforts and awareness has created a reprieve! I jumped for joy when I got the email :Hbounce

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Excellent News.
VERY COOOOOL.
:superman: