PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of time

SoulChild
September 8th, 2009, 10:19 PM
the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.

Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.

Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...

Have a happy 09/09/2009! :two hearts:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 9th, 2009, 03:29 AM
Here's one for you,

9-17-1963

BlueStar
September 9th, 2009, 10:46 AM
the sum of the two-digits resulting from nine multiplied by any other single-digit number will equal nine. So 9x3=27, and 2+7=9.

Multiply nine by any two, three or four-digit number and the sums of those will also break down to nine. For example: 9x62 = 558; 5+5+8=18; 1+8=9.

Sept. 9 also happens to be the 252nd day of the year (2 + 5 +2)...

Have a happy 09/09/2009! :two hearts:

Thanks Elizabeth and a happy 09/09/09 to you as well! I heard from someone who knows an astrologer that it's a very auspicious day to meditate or simply be open to new things. I hope everyone enjoys their day. :)

God's Toy
September 9th, 2009, 12:26 PM
hmmm 090909 eh? hmmm i wonder about that. I mean time is man made and without us recording it, it has no meaning. And who's to say what date it really is as we just use this calendar. . .

090909? not to me anyway.

BlueStar
September 9th, 2009, 01:56 PM
hmmm 090909 eh? hmmm i wonder about that. I mean time is man made and without us recording it, it has no meaning. And who's to say what date it really is as we just use this calendar. . .

You make a good point! We do get very worked up about time, without realising that it's a man-made construct.

SoulChild
September 9th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Here's one for you,

9-17-1963

Beautiful! Is that your birthday? Wow...my birthday is 07/19/1975 and I can make it have 3 "19's"....:two hearts:

SoulChild
September 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM

Yes, I get that too.....and today certainly feels like a regular day, yet it is also the last single triple digit date for almost 100 years. So, I know as a child me and my cousins used to make a wish if we happen to catch the time at at triple digit like that, but, I never got spooked out from it. It's just eye/ear catching...and fun to acknowledge....Nothing more. But, I see now that the media is hyping up the 12/12/2012....and even if you a strong minded strong willed person. By the time we start getting closer to that date, because of the hype, one may tend to think about it and sort of give it a slight credability. But, I am taking it day by day, and we will see as we go.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 10th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Considering physics Time is relative. And it is currently thought that there are eleven (11) dimensions that make up the construct of our Universe with Time being the twelth (12). And Time, unlike the other 11 dimensions, encompasses the entire Universe.
To cut to the chase. Time is a Very Real aspect of our Universe and is Relative.
With regard to the Date. We currently use the 'gregorian' calendar [Thanks to England. No offense.] The gregorian calendar was created by the Roman Empire. Not a good choice in my opinion. But hey, it's not up to me.
Astronomically, there is nothing of any relevence ossuring during this 'mean solar day.' I did a bit of research today and this is how I know this.
But nonetheless, it is seen as a bit of a holiday for many.
Some facts of measure regarding the Earth;
Average distance fron the Sun= 92.9 million miles/149.5 million km
Period of revolution= 1 Earth year (365.26 days)
Period of rotation= 24 hours (mean solar day)
Tilt of axis= 23.4 degrees
Diameter= 7,930 miles/12,760 km

Now a little entertainment;
Which of Enigma's releases begins with the descirption of Mars, and what is the title of the track???

Lion Spirit Walker
September 10th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Q: Which of all known human calendars is considered to be the most accurate with respect to the meassure of Time???

God's Toy
September 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
indeed. but just for the record i was talking about our time not universe time or space time or anything related to that time based concept.

oh how i would love to have the time to pick your brains but alas i'm almost out of my time.

SoulChild
September 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Considering physics Time is relative. And it is currently thought that there are eleven (11) dimensions that make up the construct of our Universe with Time being the twelth (12). And Time, unlike the other 11 dimensions, encompasses the entire Universe.
To cut to the chase. Time is a Very Real aspect of our Universe and is Relative.
With regard to the Date. We currently use the 'gregorian' calendar [Thanks to England. No offense.] The gregorian calendar was created by the Roman Empire. Not a good choice in my opinion. But hey, it's not up to me.
Astronomically, there is nothing of any relevence ossuring during this 'mean solar day.' I did a bit of research today and this is how I know this.
But nonetheless, it is seen as a bit of a holiday for many.
Some facts of measure regarding the Earth;
Average distance fron the Sun= 92.9 million miles/149.5 million km
Period of revolution= 1 Earth year (365.26 days)
Period of rotation= 24 hours (mean solar day)
Tilt of axis= 23.4 degrees
Diameter= 7,930 miles/12,760 km

Now a little entertainment;
Which of Enigma's releases begins with the descirption of Mars, and what is the title of the track???

"The Gate" well, wait, I know the Gate is the one that describes what you explained above.....am I right? :yourock:

SoulChild
September 10th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Q: Which of all known human calendars is considered to be the most accurate with respect to the meassure of Time???

I don't know, but I do feel that we are on our own time...well at least I am. And sometimes I am right on time, and sometimes I feel totally lost. Last week, on a Monday, I was talking with my boss, and we were discussing something that had to be done on a Saturday, and I was like "sure I can get it done by tomorrow" and again it was only Monday. I have no idea why I was so way off with my date. I didn't feel so bad though, because my boss did the same thing the next day. He was asking an associate about something that happened yesterday, but he thought it happened that same day. When I feel intuned with my body clock or my zero time reference, then I am all good. I have been out of tuned all this summer. I think it is due to stress and busy schedule. I am usually very free.......yet, this year I tried to squeeze in lots of hanging out/travel, and overtime at work all put together with my marathon training...and now I am just off, but I plan to get back on point. I may not get back on point untill they push the clocks back again...but, we will see.....sometimes it just seem that as if time is just speeding away, and feels like playing catch up. I am sometimes late for work about 1 or two minutes...but usuall on time or early about 10-15 minutes. But, one day, recently, time just kept on ticking real fast and I was late to work 15 minutes, and I just couldn't get it together. I do not like days like that, but I refuse to let time cause me to rush and get into some sort of accident....so, I tend to still relax/chill, and live life day by day...step by step, minute by minute, without the concern of each and every minute except in trying to make each of my minutes worth something.....

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 12:16 AM
It is "The Gate" from "The Screen Behind The Mirror". Well done, And yes, it discribes Mars. Well done. :)
Remeber when I said 'Time is Relative.'
And the answer to the most accurate calendar is the Mayan Calendar system (3 calendars create the system). ;)

SoulChild
September 11th, 2009, 01:20 PM
It is "The Gate" from "The Screen Behind The Mirror". Well done, And yes, it discribes Mars. Well done. :)
Remeber when I said 'Time is Relative.'
And the answer to the most accurate calendar is the Mayan Calendar system (3 calendars create the system). ;)

Cool....next time, make the "Enigma" quiz harder.....remember who you are talking to here.....some huge Enigma fans! :yourock:

Narnia
September 11th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Speaking of time ... can any of you guess where the following line is from?

"TIME? TIME? Who's got the time?"

I'll give you hint ... it comes from a Disney animation film.

:signsHF:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Soulchild, lol. Will do. :)
Sphinx, is it "Alice in Wonderland"??? Immediately I thought of the White Rabbit.

Narnia
September 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Sphinx, is it "Alice in Wonderland"??? Immediately I thought of the White Rabbit.

Well, that was quick ... as quick as a hare! Good job ol' chap!

'Alice in Wonderland' is correct, but it is the March Hare who wildly screams that line! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Too Cool. :)
Try another, and I'll try to come up with something as well.
:superman:

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
In keeping with the theme of 'time' in a manner of speaking.
Which of the twelve constellations that make up the zodiac as we observe it was a creation of the Roman Empire???

Narnia
September 14th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Which of the twelve constellations that make up the zodiac as we observe it was a creation of the Roman Empire???

Is it Cancer?

Jordan
September 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Is it Cancer?

I don't know why but I'm sure it's Cancer!!!

SoulChild
September 19th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Wow guys, that was interesting...but, I don't know that answer....but, also, I have another question....

Has anyone heard or read anything about something like....the faster you travel such as in a car, the quicker you age? What are you guys thoughts on that?

Also, in the philadelphia experiment,.....it has been said that the reason why it went wrong, and the reason why people dissappeared, and why some was like half way in the ship, or just walked away and dissappeared.....I was told that the reason was because they were not intuned with thier personal zero time reference. So, my thoughts are that at the time of conception, or perhaps even before that like some sort of spiritual phase....we all have our own zero time reference....what are you guys thoughts on that as well?

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 01:40 AM
It's Libra.
The scales were originally the extended claws of Scorpio.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 01:42 AM
Cool Thread. Thank you GT/Peter.
;)

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 05:18 AM
As we all know, the Milkyway galaxy is scheduled for a massive cosmic dance of destruction/creation with the Andromeda galaxy reuslting in a completely new galaxy of greater proportion than either alone.
Is anyone aware of what is then scheduled to occur to the new 'super galaxy'???

Narnia
September 26th, 2009, 01:38 PM
As we all know, the Milkyway galaxy is scheduled for a massive cosmic dance of destruction/creation with the Andromeda galaxy reuslting in a completely new galaxy of greater proportion than either alone.
Is anyone aware of what is then scheduled to occur to the new 'super galaxy'???

5 billion years (give or take a few years).

Scientists also claim that in 5 billions years time our Sun will experience a Super Nova event - at first it will shrink alittle and grow larger, shrink alittle more, and then grow so large it will consume: Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars and ultimately imploding on itself to become a great Super Nova!

WOW!

Lion Spirit Walker
September 26th, 2009, 09:09 PM
SoulChild, you have the right thought only in reverse order. It's a physical theory that saw it's emergence during the time of Einstein's life. It is, generally speaking the faster you or anything moves the slower it or you experience the passage of time. It's refferred to as the 'Theory of Relativity'.
Time is relative. But the Theory of Relativity got pitched in the discoveries of Quantum Mechanics.
Sphinx, that was cool.
What I was reffering to was the 'super galaxy' will after it's re-creation become part of the Virgo Super Cluster.
LOL. Go Virgos!

SoulChild
September 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM
SoulChild, you have the right thought only in reverse order. It's a physical theory that saw it's emergence during the time of Einstein's life. It is, generally speaking the faster you or anything moves the slower it or you experience the passage of time. It's refferred to as the 'Theory of Relativity'.
Time is relative. But the Theory of Relativity got pitched in the discoveries of Quantum Mechanics.
Sphinx, that was cool.
What I was reffering to was the 'super galaxy' will after it's re-creation become part of the Virgo Super Cluster.
LOL. Go Virgos!

Thanks for your response Psyche! :yourock:

Logio
September 27th, 2009, 03:42 AM
COLOR][/COLOR]

Actually, time is experienced the same in each relative time frame; it just seems slower compared to other time frames or points of reference...but that's probably what you meant.

Respectfully,

Nathan

SoulChild
September 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM
When I am running on the treadmill I try to pay attention, but then again, I try not to look at the time so it wont seem to move so slow. But, it seems that the faster I run, the faster time ticks, and the slower I run, the slower. Obviously, the faster I go, depending on my mile goal, of course, the faster I will get to it. But, sometime onthe treadmill, it seem that the clock will not tick fast enough. But, if I am distracted with thoughts or music, the time just ticks away without me thinking of it, and that is the best.....that seems to get me through the workout better, with patience. Sometimes I don't have the energy or patience to run many miles on the treadmill, but it is different while running outside. Without any clocks around, time seems to smoothly tick in accordance with my workout. girl_witch

Narnia
September 27th, 2009, 03:34 PM
But, if I am distracted with thoughts or music, the time just ticks away without me thinking of it, and that is the best.....that seems to get me through the workout better, with patience. Sometimes I don't have the energy or patience to run many miles on the treadmill, but it is different while running outside. Without any clocks around, time seems to smoothly tick in accordance with my workout. girl_witch

It's interesting you mention that SoulChild - because recently there was a study conducted on Women, Workouts and Music. Women tend to get a better, more efficient workout while listening to music they personally like.

And yes nothing beats running outside - it's just you and the road, favourite spots to reach! As matter of fact, I just came back from the morning run ... running in a steady rain is always cool! Heat, cold, rain - it doesn't bother me! :)

:yourock:

Logio
September 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
When I am running on the treadmill I try to pay attention, but then again, I try not to look at the time so it wont seem to move so slow. But, it seems that the faster I run, the faster time ticks, and the slower I run, the slower. Obviously, the faster I go, depending on my mile goal, of course, the faster I will get to it. But, sometime onthe treadmill, it seem that the clock will not tick fast enough. But, if I am distracted with thoughts or music, the time just ticks away without me thinking of it, and that is the best.....that seems to get me through the workout better, with patience. Sometimes I don't have the energy or patience to run many miles on the treadmill, but it is different while running outside. Without any clocks around, time seems to smoothly tick in accordance with my workout. girl_witch

Our minds can cause a very interesting paradox when it comes to time: when we are not mindful of it passing, it seems to move more quickly. Time itself is not a thing in the usual way; it is simply porportional to shifting matter; more generally the matter in flux around us...but also our own selves moving. Time appears to move relative to this change. Our perceptions recognize this change in different ways...in this respect time cannot really equate to the analogy of a river...except in a relative, perceptual way. Interesting stuff SoulChild.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 28th, 2009, 02:28 AM
"In the beginning is the future, and the future is at hand." -Yes

Lion Spirit Walker
September 28th, 2009, 03:09 AM
"Take your time. Look around and see, that the most in time is where your meant to be." -Yes

SoulChild
September 28th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Our minds can cause a very interesting paradox when it comes to time: when we are not mindful of it passing, it seems to move more quickly. Time itself is not a thing in the usual way; it is simply porportional to shifting matter; more generally the matter in flux around us...but also our own selves moving. Time appears to move relative to this change. Our perceptions recognize this change in different ways...in this respect time cannot really equate to the analogy of a river...except in a relative, perceptual way. Interesting stuff SoulChild.

Wow, thanks for all you guys responses...these are great! :yourock: :thanks:

Narnia
December 16th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Speaking of time ... I was wondering about that 'clock' Nathan had posted a while ago on the old forum. So, I did my nifty online researching and found it again! :)

The Coolest Clock!! (http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf)

Mann, this clock is so cool!!

Logio
December 17th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Speaking of time ... I was wondering about that 'clock' Nathan had posted a while ago on the old forum. So, I did my nifty online researching and found it again! :)

The Coolest Clock!! (http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf)

Mann, this clock is so cool!!

I rember that clock, and how it sort of blew my mind... Thanks Polly! :)