PDA

View Full Version : The Wisdom of Forgiveness

MystEerieUsOne
September 11th, 2009, 09:36 PM
The Wisdom of Forgiveness
- Intimate Conversations and Journeys

:Buddha: Tibetan :Buddha: Buddhist :Buddha: monks :Buddha: have advised me not to interfere with Nature.

As I mentioned in *Knowing (http://mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678),* I really struggled with that for a long time, and when I was finally in a place to be able to try that, I lost all sense of humanity within myself.

How could I NOT warn?

People had been on television ranting that anyone who had any sort of information before a tragedy, who didn't come forward about it, were just as guilty as whatever perpetrators were involved in whatever horror.

Yet the monks advised me NOT to warn, NOT to interfere.

I'd promised so many I'd failed in Oklahoma and elsewhere that I would never fail again, that I would climb to the highest mountain and SCREAM IT OUT, if that is what it would take to be heard and actually listened to.

In 1999, I began that scream, but nobody listened. I *knew* the what, and almost the where, but I had never been there before and wasn't familiar (yet) with what it was to be. But I saw it, and saw it, and saw it again and again, as it haunted me, and so I drew pictures.

Deadly accurate pictures.

Another two years of trying to warn, of realizing what my drawings were about.

Sixth months prior:

"We don't employ that technology," they said.

"What technology? The TRUTH????" I said.

And then it happened. What an awful thing to see. Such horror to watch. My drawings had once again come to life. I cringed so hard I could barely utter the words that came out of me: "That was...EEEEEEEEEvilllllllll!" Those words seemed to drag on for an eternity.

I don't even use that word. Evil. It was like the universe itself channeling those words through me, the wormhole through time and space.

48 hours LATER, the world saw it for the first time. Why are their visions always so late?

Every year I force myself to watch these documentaries. They are horrible to see, and yet they restore my sanity. But seeing them always makes me ask the question: Is this what the Tibetan Buddhist monks meant by their advice NOT to warn, NOT to interfere with Nature?

What if...I had been listened to? Hellish as it is for all those who didn't make it, who suffered such horrific horror, were all the many millions, billions, of observers all around the world meant to LEARN something from what happened, something that I, in all my desperate-ness, would have otherwise taken from them? Would that have been selfish of me to have redirected that LEARNING away from them, in order to save the lives of all those who suffered the hell of all hells of all?

Was there a *higher plan* I would have "interfered" with, had I been heard?

If I'm not supposed to "interfere" with earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, accidents, incidents, human tragedy, why do I have to *know* about them way in advance, then?

I still often think about my promise to all those precious babies and others lost in Oklahoma, a promise I took very seriously. I decided to forgive myself for letting them down. I DID try. Yeah, I failed miserably, but it sure wasn't for lack of trying.

I found the book, "The Wisdom of Forgiveness," which actually turned out to be a book that could have had various other book titles than its own. It really wasn't all that much about forgiveness. Instead, it is an intimate journey into the home and daily routine of HH the Dalai Lama, an up close and personal view of him as a person, written by, of all people, a Chinese man who befriended him, who traveled with him, and who was invited into the intimacy of the man himself.

I found that invitation into the human being inside the REAL forgiveness I needed.

It also helped me to forgive a looooooooong list of people throughout my life who stood in front of me and blocked my dreams I had for myself away.

Other Dalai Lama books translated by various writers are too often SO translated that they leave little to no sense of the Presence of HH the Dalai Lama himself. But "The Wisdom of Forgiveness" keeps every little hint of him, every little broken English expression, such that you can actually *feel* his Presence there with you as you read.

I highly recommend "The Wisdom of Forgiveness: Intimate Conversations and Journeys" to anyone interested in, and who has the courage to get that *close* to the reality of the human being within.

(*Special thanks* to a Buddhist monk :Buddha2: from Vietnam I met on campus one very desperate day. A student there, I'd "interfered with" his studies, a total stranger to him as I approached, but within seconds we were each other's reflection, and after a lifetime of not being heard, a second in his Presence and...well, I'll never forget him. Irony is...when I tried to locate him later, even getting the University to very actively help me find him...he did not exist! :blink:

Had he just been an apparition?

*Somebody* had signed my book!) :two hearts:

planetlove
September 13th, 2009, 01:20 AM
i believe in this WISDOM....
I have learnt of this forgiveness...
its a true miracle....

do you watch heroes? the TV series ?
V

Rana
September 18th, 2009, 04:20 AM
especially forgiveness towards yourself in general .. too many people blame themselves for either other peoples actions or actions of their own .. forgiveness IS indeed healing .. eventually one needs not to forgive for they are only observers.