PDA

View Full Version : Urgent: Dog Slaughter Set to Begin Tomorrow - Help Stop it

BlueStar
September 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM
From IFAW:

I've just received an urgent report that another city in China is planning a mass cull to slaughter any unregistered dogs, strays, and even registered family dogs that are over 14 inches (35cm) tall.

Dog owners in Qinhuangdao, Hebei Province, are even being told to kill their own dogs, or else their dogs will be beaten to death by the police and the owners will be charged a fine. Can you imagine being forced to kill your own dog to save it from a more brutal slaughter?

Unless we can stop this now, the Dog Death squads could be roaming the streets tomorrow – beating, stoning, and killing dogs – some right in front of their owners.

You might remember the attached e-mail I sent you recently about a similar cull. We found out too late for many of those dogs, but this time we have a chance to stop it before it starts.

I need you to do two things right now:
1. Send an e-mail to the Chinese Ambassador in your country. So you can act quickly, I've written an e-mail for you - click here to review and send it. (http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_united_states/get_involved/take_action/take_action_2.php?msource=DR090919001&tr=y&auid=5300439#x)
2. Make a donation (https://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_united_states/donate_now/china_dog_cull.php?&msource=DR090919001&tr=y&auid=5300521#x)to help IFAW end dog culls in China and to protect animals around the world from similar cruelty.

It’s crucial that you act quickly –according to the government notice, the police will begin combing the streets tomorrow to kill dogs. Please send your message now (http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_united_states/get_involved/take_action/take_action_2.php?msource=DR090919001&tr=y&auid=5300439#x), and then forward this e-mail to as many of your friends as possible urging them to help us stop this slaughter.
In addition to working to stop this cull, IFAW is helping draft China's first national animal welfare legislation that will prohibit culls like this. And we're developing a rabies vaccination and sterilization program that we can offer to rural communities to humanely prevent rabies and control dog populations.

We’ve stopped culls like this in other Chinese cities, and we can stop this one too! Please send your message of protest today. (http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw_united_states/get_involved/take_action/take_action_2.php?msource=DR090919001&tr=y&auid=5300439#x)

BlueStar
September 11th, 2009, 05:35 PM
This just breaks my heart. Contrary to what some people think, simply signing a petition or sending an email DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE and has in fact worked with a prior case involving the brutality of Chinese authorities. PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW. As I type this my two beautiful dogs sit next to me and I feel distraught simply imagining what it would be like if I lived in China and was forced to kill them or else see them brutally killed by the authorities.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Without reservation my protest has been sent out.
Situations such as this have often made me wonder when the Universe will step in and say "Enough already. Times Up." And follow through with a culling of human beings.

BlueStar
September 11th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Thank you so much for helping, Michael. I was unfortunate enough to see images of the last dog cull in China...it was horrendous and makes me physically ill when I think about it. It would be bad enough if it was humane killing, but it is NOT. Anything but :(

I don't know what the story is with China. That whole country is going to have an almighty fall - the current regime that is. This kind of brutalism (of which this is but one example) and lack of consciousness is incompatible with the rising tide.

I digress. I do what I can do, we all do what we can do.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 11th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Remember my friend, everthing has purpose.

Narnia
September 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Just wanted to let you know ... I signed it!