PDA

View Full Version : Trance Addict

Mr. Brightside
September 2nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
Any Wisdomites like Trance music, I love a good trance tune, Over the years there must have been thousands of trance tracks and I must admit about half is a bit disposable but now and again there are a few classic tracks that just sound amazing. I love listening to it at work, in clubs but especially when out running. It can be very uplifting mood changing music.

I am a big fan of Chicane and adore Above and beyond

At the moment I am into this this track

BWG45ORjae8

Mr. Brightside
September 2nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Fot the sheer number of plays and years they have been on my ipod I would have to say these are my 3 favorite trance tracks

1QCtYYLYjL0

ZLrDW64DnIM

yIOTd2QEPFI

Rana
September 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
i so love trance music ..its modern day but oldschool ..tribal .. thanks for these :)

BlueStar
September 2nd, 2009, 02:33 PM
I used to like dance/trance music, but not so much anymore. I think as a genre its dying out a bit, and many of the dance stuff I hear now, including remixes are quite harsh and ugly-sounding. Maybe I'm just getting old? I must admit I'm into VERY ambient music right now, very chilled beat-less stuff!

I love Madonna's new song, however! Produced by Paul Oakenfold it has an 'old school' sound that reminds me why I used to like dance music back in the day. You've no doubt heard it on the radio anyway!

z70UShdaCHI

BlueStar
September 3rd, 2009, 01:02 PM
For me there's a difference between 'trance' and a lot of contemporary 'dance' music which is very much a fusion of pop and electronic music. I get confused with all the different labels for this kind of music!

Trance music tends to be very long and repetitive (hence supposedly creating a 'trance' state, as with certain indigenous drumming sounds). At least that's how it began - again, I think a lot of it has become pop-infused and radio-friendly these days.

Here's an example of what I might call ambient trance. I have the Aes Dana album 'Memory Shell' and it to me is 'trance'. It's quite hypnotic and alluring, quite minimalistic and repetitive but it does have that 'trance' effect!

LFV-oFRr518

planetlove
September 4th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Im a huge trance fan.....
Im all up into armin van burrin these days !!!!!!!!!!!
From imagine the cd
to imagine the remixes
to state of trance 2008 and 2009

V

Mr. Brightside
October 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
The queen of trance Justine Suissa with Armin Van Buuren

cIxJnLLJ0qw

and Chicane

vO49A_9yTaQ

She has an amazing voice

Mr. Brightside
October 30th, 2009, 08:55 PM
2 new tracks from Chicane, nothing really earth shattering but not bad, seems to be going though an 80s trip

Hiding all the Stars

vZvLrkD7LZ8

Relax (chicane remix)

xWA4iyMaGhQ

Mr. Brightside
October 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Love the original and this dance version

nJmIZ64ha2E

Mr. Brightside
October 20th, 2010, 05:04 PM
nothing like a bit of trance to lift you up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kHeewDH4tw