PDA

View Full Version : A question

BlueStar
August 30th, 2009, 06:35 PM
From the Chandogya Upanishad. Answer not with the mind; go beyond the mind and see where it leads you.

"What is it that can't be seen, but which makes seeing possible?
What is it that can't be heard, but which makes hearing possible?
What is it that can't be known, but which makes knowing possible?
What is it that can't be imagined, but which makes imagination possible?"

SoulChild
August 30th, 2009, 07:19 PM
"What is it that can't be seen, but which makes seeing possible?
Belief, vision, imagination, hope, dreams, care..

What is it that can't be heard, but which makes hearing possible?
Desire, Strength, Intuition, Patience, and Feel...

What is it that can't be known, but which makes knowing possible?
Fear...emotion

What is it that can't be imagined, but which makes imagination possible?"
Love/God

These questions were hard, and perhaps I can really meditate on these questions and answer better.....yet, there you have the answers above....my thoughts....

Lion Spirit Walker
September 1st, 2009, 02:46 AM
The essense of Life.

BlueStar
September 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your responses.:yourock:

I guess those aren't so much questions (well it's really a single question simply repeated in different ways) as it is a pointer...one that takes you beyond mind...which is why you can't really answer with the mind. It's the realm beyond mind, in which the objects of mind rise and fall...kind of like the sky which exists ever above and beyond the shifting clouds. The clouds come and go, but the sky ever remains.

There are many different words for this deeper essence that we are - and all of them are unsufficient (the first verse of the Tao Te Ching states that "the Tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao"). The moment we open our mouths to place a word or description on truth, we've immediately taken a step away from that truth. And yet because we exist in this realm we are obliged to use words (or else it'd be a pretty quiet message board!).

To me, I simply think of what this question is pointing to as being pure awareness; the space in which 'reality' as we perceive it happens. The open, still awareness of being. Our deepest purest essence which is simply aware of all that happens; there's no clinging or manipulation involved, simply a loving embrace and awareness of the great cosmic dream. It is the light in which all manifestations of consciousness rise and fall; much like the light which enables the pictures to appear on a cinema screen.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Your wisdom is truly beyond your years my dear friend Lucid.

BlueStar
September 2nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
Aww thanks Michael. :two hearts: I don't see it as 'my' wisdom, in that it doesn't come from 'me'... but I know what you mean and I know you know what I mean! :) I just tend to open myself to the wisdom that is already there, almost like creating a space in the mind.

Lion Spirit Walker
September 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
Lol. The 'nothingness' my friend. :)

BlueStar
September 3rd, 2009, 12:55 PM
As Homer Simpson once said: exaaaaaactly :D ;)

Rana
September 11th, 2009, 01:59 AM
"... and she closed her earthbound eyes for they brought only blindness to the truth of her purpose, Grandmother covered her ears to offer a gift of hearing so she may be guided, this little baby lying still on the soil of the forest as equal as the shrub nearby ,as the ants upon the trail she lay, swirling in the midst of this universe no greater than any ..for what she knows is within ,before thought comes as noise. " Rana