PDA

View Full Version : Oasis Spilt

Mr. Brightside
August 29th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I suppose it was inevitable at some point, They will probably reform again in a couple of years. I loved early Oasis, they wrote songs that really clicked with the people of this country, the later stuff I felt lacked a bit but they still brought out the odd track that rocked.

Oasis Spilt (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Showbiz-News/Noel-Gallagher-Splits-From-Oasis-Following-Feud-With-Brother-Liam/Article/200908415370808?lpos=Showbiz_News_Carousel_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15370808_Noel_Gallagher_Splits_From_Oasis_Following_Feud_W ith_Brother_Liam)

Noel Gallagher says he has quit Oasis - claiming he could not go on working with brother Liam "a day longer".

The announcement came just hours after the band cancelled their second gig in a week.

In a statement on the band's website, Noel said: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight.

"People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

"Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan."

tTun_J5Wawo

wQlOlptCef8

And in your head do you feel
What you're not supposed to feel
You take what you want
But you won't get it for free
You need more time
Cos your thoughts and words won't last forever more
And i'm not sure if it'll ever, ever, ever work out right
Will it ever, ever, ever work out right?
Cos it never, never, never works out right

BlueStar
August 29th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Hmm, I wonder if they'll be shipped off to separate zoos? Don't tell me you've never noticed the similarity between the Gallagher brothers and...apes? ;)

They had some good hits in the mid 90s, but Ive never been keen on them. Too loutish for my taste, with rather obnoxious singing voices.

God's Toy
August 29th, 2009, 02:29 PM
It's about time I say.

Never been bitten by the Oasis bug and I can only remember one or two songs that I liked from them so it's no loss for me.

Genesis
August 30th, 2009, 07:26 AM
They did do some good music in the early days, but Noel always seemed like a jerk to me so it doesnt surprise me that this someday would happen.

Just is lousy that he had to go and do it in the middle of shows people paid for. Truely unprofessional.

Tzvika
September 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
DAMN its been a long time since i posted here :)

Anyway, to the subject at hand - It always seemed to me that their fights were some kind of publicity stunts. Maybe the current feud is another attempt at getting back to the center of attention. If its not, you have to admit it seems kind of pathetic.

Mr. Brightside
September 4th, 2009, 07:42 PM
DAMN its been a long time since i posted here :).

Its been way too long since you posted here, ;) we missed you, welcome back Tzvika :)

Tzvika
September 4th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks :) I'll try to be more active here. i kinda missed this place too.

Mr. Brightside
September 4th, 2009, 08:11 PM
separate zoos?

Noel always seemed like a jerk?

center of attention?

Whats the matter with you all, Oasis rocked dudes and you all secretly know it :D

Ok Ok so I am the only Oasis fan on the board, but who cares this song is a masterpiece..

:thrasher::thrasher::thrasher:

rBZ1HTkGF4s

Noel - :monkey: Liam - :monkey: :D