PDA

View Full Version : Free Aung San Suu Kyi

BlueStar
August 21st, 2009, 12:57 PM
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j236/amoyan/aung_san_suu_kyi.jpg

I have been deeply drawn to the plight of Aung San Suu Kyi, a truly beautiful, extraordinary being who has become the modern face of peaceful resistance in the face of oppression. She is a beautiful soul and a shining inspiration to millions and, despite having won the Nobel Peace Prize and been recognised internationally for her efforts has been in and out of arrest for the past 20 years and has just sentenced to a further 18 months of extended house arrest by the authorities Burma - a thinly veiled effort by Burma's military to keep Suu Kyi imprisoned during next year's election.

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT TO SIGN THIS PETITION (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/387386597) urging China and Russia to join the UN to take action against Burma's continued oppression and this sham sentence against one of the true peacemakers of our time.

Thank you.

Kiran
August 21st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Have already done it Rory! I too was drawn to her plight and signed this last week some time :)

BlueStar
August 21st, 2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks Lorri, I know it all adds up! :yourock: There is an increasing amount of awareness being generated at the moment which is wonderful! At their concert U2 promoted her plight and had a number of people from the crowd wearing masks of her face, encircling the stage as they performed 'Walk On,' dedicating it to Aung San Suu Kyi. It was very powerful and moving. I hope it inspires people to add their voices to this wonderful lady who has been forcibly silenced.

Mr. Brightside
August 21st, 2009, 07:40 PM
Petition signed, I remember Bono trying to get attention to Aung San Suu Kyi many years ago during the 2001 tour, Its really incredible the Burmese authorities can keep her under house arrest for all this time, I hope it makes a difference. good post rory.

j1ZlLd1fnxU

BlueStar
August 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for your support Sean and for posting that interview. The beauty and radiance just shines out from this extraordinary lady; I've read interviews and comments from her and she is a true light for our times, shining amidst an area of much darkness and oppression. It's heartening to see the amount of international support she is getting.