PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Therapy

Kiran
November 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Note: This is just a guide to Crystal Therapy.

This is one close to my own heart! If anyonw wants me to expand on this anytime, please let me know :)

What is Crystal Therapy?
Crystals are precious and semi-precious stones, credited with particular astrological, esoteric, and physical properties. Each stone has a particular vibration pattern which can act upon a body’s energy field to increase the available energy and also to correct any
imbalance or blockages.

Crystals have been used to transmit healing energy from a healer or other external energy source to a patient, and treatment can be given by placing the crystal on a specific part of the body such as an associated chakra or acupuncture point, or by placing them in configurations or patterns surrounding the client. Particular crystals are credited with special healing properties.

Select the crystal which has the properties to help you. A list has been provided in order to help you with choosing your crystal. Or.....simply pick the stone that "calls" to you!
First decide why you are doing the crystal work. Is it for you or someone else? What is the problem? Do you need to give or receive energy? What does it require?
Tuning in to any energy is the ability to quiet the mind, allowing your inner self, or intuition, to perceive truth. By practicing this art, we develop a sensitivity toward inner information and the ability to condition our mind to listen on a much more subtle level. This developing can allow us the ability to sense energy and actually perceive on an even more subconscious plane.

Crystal therapy, when used in healing - will help to rebalance energy through placement of the crystals over the charkas.

Red Stones: protection, courage, energy. Help with blood, relieve anemia, stop bleeding, heal rashes and wounds.

Pink Stones: calm, soothe, stop distress, help with love. They smooth difficulties in relationships, help with self-love and are good for group rituals.

Orange Stones: for personal power, self esteem. They are connected to the Sun, attract luck and success, assists in positive outcomes.

Yellow Stones: communication, inspiration, protection, visualization, travel, digestion, nervous system, skin problems, breathing disorders.

Green Stones: These are for healing. Eyes, kidneys, stomach, migraines, esp. Help with money, luck, prosperity, grounding and balance.

Blue Stones: calm emotions, sleep, healing, ulcers and inflammation. Use them in the bath for purification.

Purple Stones: mysticism, purification, meditation, psychic work, subconscious, health, obedience, headaches, mental illness, hair problems and sleep.

White Stones: These are ruled by the Moon. Sleep, psychism, promote lactation, protection after dark, gets rid of headaches

Black Stones: self control, grounding, resilience, quiet power, grounding, invisibility, peace, anxiety.

Crystals will transform and balance energy fields, bringing a helpful harmony to the environment.
Meditation and crystals are both tools to assist us on the journey of life.

planetlove
November 14th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I have done some of this also...
Balancing the energy centres in the body...
amazing healing also.....
after these types of healing my body requires deep rest ....
deep rest is a reslut that some kind of healing took place
V

Kiran
November 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yes V...I love working with crystals...I use them all around my home for everything from the TV etc! I have even used them under the bed when I had trouble sleeping.
You are right about the gentle way they work and the deep rest you get form them....mind you...get a bit of malachite or obsidian used on someone stubbornly holding onto negative emotions, and you'll see some fireworks!!!

planetlove
November 14th, 2008, 03:51 PM
My mum has alot of differnt kinds of crystals and stones around the home ....
Amazing energies ....yes
I used to sleep with a quartz crysral under my pillow it always ended up under my back before the am...
that did wonders for me...
V

Kiran
November 14th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I had a problem sleeping a few years back...lots of nightmares/re****ing stuff etc and I put a circle of amethysts under the bed. I slept like a baby and never had any issues really after that. The nightmares and everything stopped!
I always have a piece of celestite besides me on the bedside locker as I love the angelic/celestial energy off it at night :)

Kiran
November 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Crystal healing works on all levels and relates directly to organs and chakras.
Crystals and gemstones have a similar vibrational energy to us, especially clear quartz. They work gently, unobtrusively and do not have to be believed in to work.
They can be worn as jewellery or placed around the home depending on what you want to do with them.
I am going to start listing some of the various crystals and the effect they have on the various bodies.
If anyone has anything they wish to ask, please feel free and if I can, I'll answer it :)

Rana
November 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
i have a connection to crystals ..when i started being drawn to them dad was like 'ohhh' because he said when i was lil in New Zealand he would always end up on a day out with a pocket full of rocks ..hee hee ..their magic ..awesome ..:gandolf: my favourite is dessert rose ..oh man Lorri i could go On & on about my "other" babies ..i know you understand ..(phew)

Kiran
November 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Oh yes I do!!! :) I haven't seen desert rose for a long time now...hmm...wonder if theres a message in there somewhere for me? lol

Well if you ever have anything to add here honey...please feel free and yes, I have 'babies' all over my home and love giving them as gifts. Ask Peter and Kiera!!! lol

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:24 AM
This is THE stone everyone should have for protection. This group of stones are variegated chalcedony. (see also moss agate, eye agate) The agate is one of the oldest stones in recorded history.

Agates attract strength. Agate is a protection from bad dreams. It also protects from stress and energy drains. Agates have been used in jewelry since Biblical Babylonian times. They were used to ward off storms. They were prized gems in antiquity. The agates with banded colors were placed at the head of a sleeper to give rich and varied dreams. Agates have been thought to be good to harden the gums.

Healing properties of agate
Agate is used for stomach upsets. Place the agate on the solar plexus. The agate can't change emotions, but helps to change our level of acceptance of the emotion. Such as when you are very sad the agate will let you know that this will pass and help you get on to another and better day. This is why the Agate is considered so powerful as it gives us the strength to carry on. Carry an agate when you have to make an important decision.

Sources of agate
Probably the most famous place that agate is mined is Idar-Oberstein in Germany where it has been collected since 1548. Other locations to find agate are Uruguay, Brazil, United States, Mexico, Madagascar, Italy, Egypt, India, China, Scotland.

Moss agate is a multi-shade of green that resembles moss or trees from a distance. It is sometimes found with bands of brown agate and when this occurs it is called mocha stone.

Moss agates are considered the most powerful of the agates. It was the agate of warriors. Moss agate is the most powerful of the agates that helps balance emotional energy. It helps the user to let go of anger and bitterness, so the emotions are balanced. When used in jewelry the moss agate is believed to bring the wearer health, friends and riches.
Moss agate enhances concentration, persistence, endurance and success in one's endeavors. It is an abundance stone.
Healing properties of moss agate
Moss Agate strengthens in times of stress.
It is helpful in relieving sensitivities to weather and pollution. Midwives use it to assist in successful birthing. It is used to speed up recovery, conteract long term illnesses, cleanse the circulatory and elimination systems.

Blue lace agate is one of the rarest and most popular of the agates.
This is a calming, uplifting stone. The blue color strengthens the function of the throat chakra and encourages peace. It can be used wherever there is a build up of painful or irritated energy.
Healing properties of blue lace agate
Wear or carry blue lace agate for peace and happiness. Place it in your hand when you feel the need to de-stress. If you find yourself in stressful situations at work or home, keep some blue lace agate on your desk and simply gaze at it for relief.
In the home, surround blue lace agate stones with light blue candles to calm the atmosphere and reduce family quarrels.

Carnelian (also sometimes referred to as cornelian) is found primarily in India, as well as various sites in South America. It is a variety of chalcedony. The most favorable pieces are a deep red to red-orange hue. Carnelian has a long and storied past, and was once considered strictly the property of the noble class. People holding a high social status were often buried with this gem stone.
Want more pep in your life? Keep a carnelian with you and feel the energy flow to you. Carnelian is used for these benefits:
gives energy
protects from bad vibrations
guards against poverty
helps give a sense of humor
calms the temper
Healing properties of Carnelian
Carnelian is an energy booster. It helps the insecure person to find strength within them so they can come into their own. It is said to increase the appetite.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
This semi-opaque blue-green variety of feldspar is named after the Amazon River.

Amazonite balances feminine and masculine energy. It promotes kindness and practicality. It is an excellent stone for artists and for men.

Pale azure blue amazonite is know as the lucky "Hope Stone". It will be lucky for all your hopes and dreams. Amazonite is blue-green to pale green stone in the feldspar group. It comes mainly from United States and Australia.

Healing properties of amazonite
Amazonite helps balance the emotions and gives physical stamina.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Amber is technically not a gemstone or mineral, but a fossilized sap from prehistoric trees that has aged over the course of millions of years. Amber is usually thought of as yellow golden in hue, but amber also can be found in shades of milky white, red-orange, green, black and even (very rarely) violet.

Early physicians prescribed amber for headaches, heart problems, arthritis and a variety of other ailments. In ancient times, amber was carried by travellers for protection. To early Christians, amber signified the presence of the Lord.

In the Far East, amber is the symbol of courage; Asian cultures regard amber as the 'soul of the tiger'; Egyptians placed a piece of amber in the casket of a loved one to ensure the body would forever remain whole.

Amber energy properties

Brings a care free, sunny disposition
Promotes good luck and success
Dissolves oppositions
Helps with stomach, spleen and kidney complaints
Reduces joint problems
Alleviates teething pain in babies

Not to be worn too frequently above the waist. Earrings can be worn but not everyday as this can be a powerful stone and may give the wearer headaches after a while.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:29 AM
One of my personal favourite stones.

Crystalline quartz in shades of purple, lilac or mauve is called amethyst, a stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkeness and to instill a sober mind. The word amethyst comes from the Greek meaning "without drunkenness" and amethyst is beleived to protect one from poison.

Power Stone
It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia. Put an amethyst under your pillow to bring about pleasant dreams, or rub it across your forehead to offer relief from a headache.

Protection Stone
Ancient Egyptians used the amethyst guard against guilty and fearful feelings. It has been worn as protection from self-deception, as well as a protection against witchcraft. The amethyst has long been used to open the spiritual and psychic centers, making it one of the power stones. It is also used as a meditation aid when worn as a necklace.

Wisdom Stone
The amethyst is known as the Bishop's Stone and is still worn by Catholic Bishops. The amethyst symbolizes piety, humility, sincerity and spiritual wisdom. It is thought the amethyst is the perfect stone to symbolize The Age of Aquarius.

Healing properties of Amethyst
Amethyst is a gemstone often worn by healers, as it has the power to focus energy. A healer will usually wear several pieces of jewelry with amethysts set in silver, especially an amethyst necklace. The person to be healed will have an Amethyst to hold while the healing is being done. The healer will place another piece of Amethyst on the area of the body in need of healing, the heart or lungs usually.

Amethyst is used for problems in the blood and in breathing problems. Amethyst crystal clusters are used to keep the air and life force in the home clean and positive.

Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts placed in a window that receives sun most of the day are very beneficial to use in healing and to heal negativity in the home. Place Amethyst clusters, points or several tumbled Amethysts in moonlight and everyone in the home will be feeling calmer. Using an Amethyst as a meditation focus will increase the positive spiritual feelings. Amethyst helps overcome fears and cravings. It also helps relieve headaches.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Aqua Aura Crystal is produced through a special process in which the surface of the crystal quartz is bonded with vaporized, finely powdered pure gold. This results in a stunning brilliant blue with iridescent rainbow flashes.

This color-enhanced crystal is effective in stimulating the throat chakra, enhancing your ability to communicate inner truth, and to express inner emotions in a positive way.

Aqua Aura safeguards from psychological attacks.

Aqua Aura combines well with these stones:

Amethyst
Danburite
Charoite
Lapis Lazuli
Chrysoprase
Rhodochrosite
Iolite
Citrine

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:31 AM
This is the stone to help you be in touch with your spiritual being. This stone is used in deep meditations.

Aquamarine is a blue-green stone that comes from Colombia and Brazil. It has been called "Water of the Sea", because of its color. The aquamarine is the stone of sailors, believing it would be protection for them on water. Folklore says the aquamarine will protect against gossip. It is also said the aquamarine will pick up spirits. It is an excellent stone to use for meditating.

Aquamarine is most powerful as a meditation stone, as it brings a great peace and serenity. Some people can meditate on an Aquamarine to receive the wisdom to see truth, but this is a very advanced meditation.

Healing properties of Aquamarine
Aquamarine is associated with the thymus gland. It is very soothing worn as a necklace. It will help reduce fluid retention. It has been used to calm the nerves.

The Romans used the aquamarine for diseases of the stomach, and believed it could cure liver and throat troubles.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 09:59 AM
You should never buy a lottery ticket without an aventurine in your left pocket. Lady Luck will be in your left pocket. This is the stone of opportunity. Aventurine is known as the stone of chance or luck. If you gamble or play the lotto, keep this stone in your left pocket.

Aventurine is mainly quartz, a quartzite, usually containing mica. It occurs in several colors including green, red and blue.

Green Aventurine is the stone of luck and chance. It is said to increase perception and creative insight. It is a heart chakra stone.

Blue Aventurine is an Aries stone that opens the Third eye chakra. It is a powerful mental healer that increases vitality and a positive outlook. This stone assists in self-discipline and developing inner strength.

Healing properties of Aventurine
It is used to aid nearsightedness. Aventurine has a stabilizing effect on the emotions. It is excellent for teenagers.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Another of my personal favourites....

Azurite is formed from the oxidation of copper ores. Over time, as it absorbs water, it changes into the mineral malachite. Thus, the two are found together, creating a brilliant deep blue stone with flashes of green.

The dark brilliance of azurite speeds the vibration of energy toward the spiritual realm.

Azurite has a transformative quality that stimulates an increase in communication skills, intuition, creativity and inspiration.
Place azurite on the third eye chakra during meditation. It will open up your inner sight. It is an excellent stone for students who are studying for exams. It helps open the mind and make it more receptive to retaining information.

Healing properties of azurite

Liver stimulant
Aids detoxification
Stimulates brain and nerve activity
Encourages growth by stimulating the activity of the thyroid gland

Use with copper to increase the power of azurite.

Sources of azurite
Azurite is found in copper mining areas such as Australia, Chile, the former USSR, Africa, China.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Bloodstone (also called heliotrope) is green with distinctive red spots that resemble blood, giving this stone its name. The bloodstone was used to stop bleeding especially nosebleeds.

There is a legend that says the bloodstone was formed from the blood of Christ dripping on the green earth and solidifying. It was also called heliotrope by the Greeks and was thought to bring change. The bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against the evil eye. Bloodstone is the symbol of justice.

Healing properties of bloodstone
The bloodstone is used for circulation of all energy in the body and helps to remove energy blocks. Bloodstone is used in the alignment of all the centers of the body. A healer must do this alignment while the patient lies on his stomach. It also aids in the circulation of blood. It is good to have several pieces of Bloodstone in the home to increase the flow of life energy.

Sources of bloodstone
Locations where bloodstone can be found include India, Brazil, China, Australia, and the United States.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Blue quartz crystal is a soothing, stress-relief stone. It assists in the ability to reach out to others.

Assuages fear
Calms the mind
Inspires hope
Promotes understanding your spiritual nature

Like all quartz, it can be used as a power amplifier during magic. Blue quartz is especially fine as a peace or tranquility stone.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Calcite is a powerful amplifier and cleanser of various types of energies. This transparent crystal can be found in a variety of colors and forms. including clear, green, pink, orange and blue.

All calcites emanate a gentle energy - cleansing, revitalizing. Calcite opens energy channels.

Calcite stimulates the Fire Element to assist in moving blocked energy through the chakras.
Each color of calcite has specific energies:

White Calcite - Cleansing and healing
Green Calcite - emotional balance, stress relief
Blue Calcite - psychic ability, astral travel
Clear Calcite (Iceland Spar) - Clarity and insight, forgiveness
Orange Calcite - Creativity, sexuality, confidence
Honey Calcite - Persistence, intellectual power
Pink (Mangano) Calcite - Well being, empathy, health
Red Calcite - Vitality

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Cat's eye lets you see everything. Use the cat's eye for insight and you can be a very lucky person. When used in jewelry the cat's eye may bring good luck and protection from the evil eye to the wearer. It also known to bring clear thinking and insight.

Healing properties of Cat's Eye
Tiger's-eye or Cat's-Eye is a stone for the mind, not the body. This is a powerful stone and must be used carefully. Tiger's-eye has the power to focus the mind. It will cause the mind to have feeling of oneness and feel more direct in all thoughts. It makes one aware of one's own needs related to the needs of others. This is a very deep process and not all are capable of using the energy of the Tiger's-eye correctly.

It should be worn as a bracelet or ring set in silver and worn on the right side of the body. A personal symbol carved in Tiger's-eye is excellent for the spiritually advanced to use in meditation.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:06 AM
This is a beautiful stone and one of my favourites to place beside my bed at night...like having my guardian angel watch over me while I sleep :)

The name celestite comes from a Latin word meaning "heaven."

Connect with your Guardian Angel!
Celestite (also known as celestine) can be found in clear, white, gray, blue, green, yellow, orange or reddish brown. It offers a gentle uplifting energy that will raise one's awareness. It is an effective stone to use in order to establish and maintain communication with the angelic realm.

This stone is ideal for placement in the bedroom, or meditation space as an environmental cleanser. Celestite is a soft stone (both physically and metaphysically) and its vibrations radiate in all directions.

Celestite is an elevating crystal that makes one feel as though floating on a cloud.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Chalcedony is a variety of the mineral quartz that occurs in in a great variety of colors inlcuding blue, lavender, white, buff, light tan, gray, yellow, pink, red or brown. If chalcedony is conspicuously color-banded, it may be called agate and with other minerals it has various other names including carnelian, mocha stone, onyx, bloodstone to name a few.

Considered a sacred stone by the Native American Indians, chalcedony nurtures and promotes brotherhood and good will.

Used to assist telepathy
Absorbs negative energy and dissipates it
Harmonizes mind, body, and spirit
Instills generosity

Healing properties of chalcedony
Chalcedony is a powerful cleanser, including open sores. Mothers use it to increase lactation, and it also fosters the maternal instinct. It increases physical energy. Healers use it to decrease ill effects of senility and dementia as well as to heal the eyes, gallbladder, bones, spleen, blood and circulatory system.

Sources of chalcedony
Chalcedony is a common quartz found in United States, Austria, Czech Republic, Iceland, Mexico, Britain, New Zealand, Turkey, Russia, Brazil.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Charoite is a soul stone with deep physical and emotional healing energies. It is a stone of transformation and is used to overcome fears.

Charoite stimulates your inner vision.
Charoite can be used to overcome obsessions and compulsions. It grounds the spiritual self, opening and balancing the crown chakra.

Healing properities of charoite
Lifts energy when the body is exhausted, regulates blood pressure, assists with deep sleep and powerful dreams. Put charoite beneath your pillow, especially if you are prone to disturbed sleep or fears which surface in dreams. In combination with amethyst, it will help to release these fears.

Charoite is found in only one location - along the Chary River at Aldan in Russia.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Chrysocolla is a very beautiful stone with many beneficial energies.

It is known as a healing stone among Native American Indian cultures where it was used for strengthening the body's resistance and bringing about calm feelings where there is upset.

Chrysocolla is a stone of peace, increased wisdom, discretion.
It promotes level headedness, encouraging clarity of thought and a neutral, cool attitude during turbulence. It can be used to decrease nervousness and irritability.

Healing properties of Chrysocolla
Chrysocolla can be placed directly on the affected body part. Laying it on the forehead as a 'third eye' offers spiritual benefit.

Help with infections (especially the throat area)
Used by healers to detoxify the liver, lower blood pressure
Has a cooling effect for fever reduction
Can assist in speeding up recovery from burns
Alleviates cramps

Use with copper to increase the power of chrysocolla.

Sources of Chrysocolla
It is found in copper mining areas, particularly Chile, the former USSR, and Zaire.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Chrysoprase helps to make conscious what was unconscious. It strengthens the workings of insight and the higher consciousness.

encourages hope and joy
helps clarify problems
has been used as a cure for restlessness
protection on sea voyages
Chrysoprase is said to be the favorite gemstone of Alexander the Great.

Healing properties of Chrysoprase
Chrysoprase is used to speed the healing of any wound. It should not be placed on the body, but held over the affected area. Carry a Chrysoprase in a pocket to help heal. Also keep a Chrysoprase close to your bed at night to speed healing.

Chrysoprase is used as a shield or protector from negative energy. A small bowl of Chrysoprase kept by the front entrance of the home is a very wise procedure. If used in jewelry, Chrysoprase should only be set in silver and has more power carved in the shape of a heart.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
A great stone when needing to focus on studies...

Citrine is a yellow-to-golden member of the quartz mineral group. A deep golden variety from Madiera Spain can resemble the costly imperial topaz gem stone, which is one reason that citrine is a popular birthstone alternative to those born in November.

Citrine has been called the "stone of the mind". Ancient cultures believed that placing a citrine on the forehead of an elder would increase his psychic power.

Money energies of citrine
Citrine is known as the lucky "Merchants Stone". If you are in any type of sales, just put a citrine in the cash drawer and watch what happens. Also used by healers to:

increase self esteem
protect from the negative energy from someone else's abuse
open the mind to new thoughts
promote clarity of thought

Healing properties of citrine
Citrine can help with digestion. It is beneficial to the endocrine and digestive system - cleansing, purifying and eliminating poisons that have built up. Citrine has the power to calm and soothe distressed conditions. It offers help with depression, digestive problems (including constipation and diabetes). It will give joy and love to the owner.

Sources of citrine
Sources of citrine include Brazil, Bolivia, several African countries and parts of the Soviet Union.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Any stone set in copper or used with copper with have an enhanced energy field. Copper even enhances the energy of silver and gold. There are some stones that are very powerful when used with copper. These stones are:

Azurite
Chrysocolla
Malachite
Turquoise

Copper is a healing metal
Copper has long been used as a healing metal, especially for arthritis and rheumatism. Copper has been used with blood and metabolism disorders. Copper acts as a conductor when worn on the body. Copper will help the healing effect of any stone when both touch the body.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Coral has been called the 'garden of the sea'. It was once believed to be a plant, but is now known to actually contain living animals called polyps. Coral is the result of accumulated skeletal masses from these polyps. Red is considered the most sought after color but coral also can be found in pink, white, yellow and black.

Records dating back thousands of years confirm that coral was used in decorative art objects. It was believed to prevent ill fortune and offer protection from skin disease when worn as a necklace. Dreams about coral are believed to foretell recovery from a long illness. Ancients believed that Mars was composed of red coral.

Coral is a good aid for meditation or visualization.

Healing properties of coral
Coral symbolizes life and blood force energy. Dark red coral is used for heating and stimulating the bloodstream. Pink shades restore harmony to the heart. It is used as an aid to depression, lethargy or deficient nutrition.

Sources of coral
Locations where coral can be found include the Mediterranean Sea, off the coast of Australia, the South Pacific, the waters of Japan, and Africa.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:17 AM
An absolute must for every home....

Quartz crystal is a clear variety of quartz that was first found high in the frozen mountains of the Alps. Ancient people believed it was a form of ice crystals that would never melt. It is said to have cooling powers and is a romantic stone. Sources of quartz crystal include Brazil, Madagascar, Switzerland, France and parts of the Soviet Union.

Healing properties of Quartz Crystal
Crystal is a common stone, but a powerful one. It is mainly used in healing as amplification for the energies of the other working stones. In healing, the crystal point is best and the size can be important.

For meditating the crystal ball or point can be used. As it is a powerful stone the user should experiment with each to find what is best for him.

The Quartz Crystal has a similar vibration as humans. This is why using Crystal to meditate and keeping a Crystal helps one to know oneself. It will sometimes not work for a negative person.

Crystal pyramids
Pyramids amplify and then tightly focus energy through the apex. Natural clear quartz crystal has a remarkable energy - it vibrates all of the color frequencies of the spectrum!

Natural Crystal Quartz has a harmonizing effect and restores balance to energies of various kinds.
Decreases negativity
Excellent meditation stone
Increases focus and clarity
Opens and balances all chakras

Natural quartz crystal is an important stone in magic. It brings clarity and focus to your spells.

A pyramid is also used to enhance and focus the inherent properties of the stone.

Crystal Points
The single crystal point is often used in healing. It pulls energy off when the point is directed away from the body, and channels energy inward when pointed toward the body.

These quartz crystal points are as nature formed them. No two are the same. These make excellent meditation tools or use them around your home or office to clear bad vibrations.

Quartz cluster
A crystal cluster has many points emerging from the base. They can be small or very large and each one is unique. Crystal clusters radiate energy into the area around them and can also be used to absorb negative energy.

Use this crystal cluster to clean a room or other crystals. To clean another crystal or stone with a cluster, simply place the stone on the cluster and leave it overnight.

Clusters have been used for healing, meditation and expanding the mind to touch the spirit world.

Quartz crystals are used for protection and capturing and changing bad vibrations. The stronger Quartz crystal clusters are used to:

Enhance harmony and cooperation
Help the life force to be positive

I also place these on my tv, computer monitor, microwave oven, lcd clock etc as they absorb the radiation given off by these and transform it into positive energy.

Crystal Balls
These are beautiful natural quartz crystal balls. Quartz crystal balls have been used for divination since at least medieval times.

When most people talk about crystals, they are usually referring to clear quartz. This is the "King" of the mineral kingdom, as it has so many uses. It vibrates a clear white light that contains all other colors.

Crystals that are formed into spheres symbolize the Universe and all within it. The shape of a sphere represents wholeness, consciousness, self containment - a complete and powerful self.

Natural clear quartz crystal has a remarkable energy. It vibrates all of the color frequencies of the spectrum.

Place this crystal ball in your home to:

Clean the atmosphere of negative energies
Cleanse your other stones
Amplify the energy of your healing stones
Use it as a meditation tool, aura cleansing, scrying (crystal ball gazing)

Wearing as jewellery -
Amplifies the intensity of other stones
Supplies strength and energy
Encourages clarity of mind
Improves perception and understanding
Natural crystal quartz is used for balancing all chakras

This is the most versatile of all the crystals and can be used in place of any of the coloured gemstones.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:18 AM
The diamond is the hardest gemstone and one of the most valued. It does come in yellowish colors, green and blue, but the clear or white is the most used in jewelry. Most diamonds come from South Africa.

It is said diamonds are good for coughs and mucus problems.

Diamonds are the symbol of innocence and constancy. Diamonds have been prized as Crown jewels. They are used today as an engagement ring.

Healing properties of diamond
Diamond does not have a specific healing nature. It does supplement the energy of other gemstones. The Diamond will increase the power of the Emerald and the Amethyst to a higher level. Healers often have rings or necklaces set with Diamonds surrounding the Amethyst.

Care must be used when wearing a Diamond necklace as it can block the energy flow if the wearer has negative thoughts or feelings.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Diopside occurs in white to light green, darker green, gray or greenish black, reddish brown and yellow-brown. The energy of this mineral depends upon the hue.

Black diopside is used to establish a connection and grounding with the earth, while green diopside is used for balancing and healing. It energizes the third eye, heart and sacral hara chakra.

Green diopside promotes emotional well being and the wherewithal to love oneself and others.
Green Diopside:

Expands love on every level
Opens the mind to learning new concepts
Assists in exploration of connections between Humanity & Nature

Healing properties of Diopside
Diopside is used by healers to assist in regeneration after a surgery or physical trauma. Women experiencing menopause find it helpful in calming the emotions and physical changes. It is used as an aid in healing after a heart attack or other heart troubles. It has been used for regeneration to heal the lungs from damage caused by smoking.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:19 AM
The emerald is the sacred stone of the goddess Venus. It was thought to preserve love. The emerald has long been the symbol of hope. It is considered by many to be the stone of prophecy. For some the emerald acts as a tranquilizer for a troubled mind. The emerald is said to bring the wearer reason and wisdom. The strongest time for the powers of the emerald is said to be spring.

Lucky for love, give your lover an emerald to stay faithful.

In several cultures the emerald was the symbol for fertilizing rain. In the Christian faith it is the symbol of faith and hope.

Sources of Emerald
The proper name for the emerald is beryl, but there are different colors of beryl. Emerald green is the color as well as the stone. Most emeralds have inclusions (bubbles) in them. If the stone has too much blue in it, it is then an aquamarine. Pink beryl is Morganite, yellow beryl is golden beryl, yellow-green beryl is heliodor. There is also a rare red beryl. The best beryl comes from Colombia and Brazil. Emerald can also be found in India, Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, and Zimbabwe. An emerald of the right shade of green can be more valuable than a diamond.

Healing properties of Emerald
Emerald can help heal the physical heart as well as love. Emerald will help backaches when worn on the index finger of the left hand. A healer can use the ring while the patient lies on his stomach. The healer would hold the ring about 2 inches above the backbone and slowly make small circles up and down the spine. The power of the Emerald is highest at the full moon.

Some cultures thought the emerald would heal any disease of the eye. The emerald would be placed in a container of water overnight and the water would be poured on the eyes the next day.

Emerald is a stone of great harmony, wisdom and love. Giving your lover an Emerald will bring the lover closer if the giver's motives are pure love. The Emerald can be a bridge between 2 people. The Emerald vibrates with love.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM
This is one of the most beautiful and gentle of stones...

Formerly called fluorspar, fluorite has a wide range of colors including yellow, blue, pink purple and green. It is an interesting and beautiful stone because often more than one color occurs in a single stone. The ancient Egyptians used flourite to carve statues and scarabs, the Chinese have used it in carvings for over 300 years. In the 18th century, fluorite was powdered in water to relieve the symptoms of kidney disease.

Fluorite is said to absorb and neutralize negative vibrations. It makes one more receptive to the vibrations of other stones. Fluorite should be kept in every room of the home. Fluorite is known as the "Genius Stone".

increases concentration
helps in decision-making

Healing properties of Fluorite
Fluorite may be used with other stones. It helps to open the way for the power of other stones to be effective. It can be used as a meditation stone to help energize the body and raise the power of concentration.

Healers use it to help with ulcers as well as the respiratory tract by stimulating cell regeneration in these areas. It fortifies bones, improves arthritic or other joint ailments. It can be laid directly on the body.

Sources of Fluorite
Locations where fluorite is found include Canada, USA, South Africa, Thailand, Peru, Mexico, China, Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Norway, England, and Germany.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Fuchsite is the green variety of muscovite and carries the properties of muscovite - inspiration, problem solving, intuition, etc. As a heart chakra stone, it links the intellect of the mind with the heart.

Fuchsite allows one to use the gifts of the mind, guided by the heart.

When used by healers, it amplifies the energies of crystals and speeds up the healing process. Benefits of Fuchsite include:

Decreases insomnia
Improves self-worth
Relieves emotional shock
Develops a quick wit
Resilience

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
The Garnet is known as the stone for a successful business. If your business is not as good as it should be, just put 3 or more garnets on your desk. It is believed that if a garnet is put under a pillow it will cure depression. Garnets can be used to make a person popular and have self-esteem when worn as jewelry. It helps protect one on trips. Garnets bring constancy to friendships. Garnets are also known for stimulating success in business.

Types of Garnet
Garnets are a related group of minerals. Members of this group include: almandine (red to violet red); spessartite (yellow, rose, or orange to reddish-brown); pyrope (deep red); grossular (white, yellow, yellow-green, brownish-red, orange or black); andradite (colorless, yellow-green, or brown to black). The most prized garnet is an emerald green variety called demantoid and is a member of the adradite group.

Healing properties of Garnet
Garnet comes in many colors, but now we will speak only about red Garnet. The Garnet is associated with the thyroid and spleen. It helps cleanse and purify both when held over the area. The Garnet is usually held in the hand or placed on top of the head when searching or meditating on past lives. Information that is beneficial and helpful will usually be released for the searcher.

The Garnet is a stone of purity and truth as well as a symbol of love and compassion. The information released in a search may be painful, but it will always be what the searcher needs. The Garnet will help everyone's security level and spiritual awareness.It can help increase the sex drive.

Sources of Garnet
Currently, the world's largest supply of garnets is the continent of Africa. In December 1996, a student in Central Australia discovered what is thought to be the largest single garnet ever found - measuring nearly one hundred feet across! Other sources of garnet include India, Soviet Union, Brazil and the United States.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Hematite is used to improve relationships. If you need your personal relationship to be better, carry a hematite with you always.

The name comes from the Greek word for blood. It has been used as an amulet against bleeding, and so is known as the "blood stone". When arranged like the petals of a flower, it is referred to as the "iron rose". Native American folklore states that war paint made from hematite will make one invincible in battle. People in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries wore hematite jewelry during mourning.

Scientists of the Mars Exploration Rover Project believe that deposits of hematite on Mars may help prove whether large amounts of liquid water ever flowed on Mars' surface. They say that where water was, life may have had a chance to thrive as well.

Hematite is good for increasing intuition. In jewelry it is best in a ring worn on the left hand.

Healing properties of Hematite
Hematite stimulates iron absorption in the small intestine, which in turn improves oxygen supply to the body. It can be in direct contact with the skin, but results in inflammation for some people, so test it carefully on yourself before use.

Sources of Hematite
Brazil is the most important source of hematite. Other sources include: China, Canada, England, and Germany.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
This beautiful little gem is my absolute favourite. It is known as the children's gem as its bring out the child in us and promotes general happiness. If you know someone who is a little down or depressed, this sparkly little jewel will help alleviate those feelings. I just love this one to bits!!!

The Herkimer diamond is double pointed Quartz Crystal that has already been faceted by nature.

very strong power
used in out of the body travel
assists in communicating with other planes and kingdoms
Herkimer Diamonds help connect the astral plane with the earth plane.

Healing properties of Herkimer Diamond
Herkimer Diamond is double terminated crystal (there is a point at each end of the crystal). It is water clear and different from Quartz. It is a very powerful balancer of the body and emotions and should be used carefully. Double terminated equals super power.

Sources of Herkimer Diamond
The Herkimer comes from only one place - Herkimer, New York, in the United States. The bedrock in which the crystals are found began forming approximately half a billion years ago in a shallow Cambrian Sea that lapped against the southern shores of the ancestral Adirondack Mountains (near the town of Herkimer, New York

Herkimer Diamond with Marcasite
Marcasite enables one to balance the physical with the spiritual world and see influences that cause disharmony. It is beneficial in developing self-direction towards a goal, consistency and physical routines.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Howlite can be found in green, white and blue. It is a super-calming stone and many people use it to releive stress of all kinds. It makes an excellent antidote to insomnia due to an overactive mind.

Focusing on a piece of howlite can assist in journeying outside the body and gaining insight from past lives. Placed on the third eye, it opens memories of previous times and lifetimes.

Howlite teaches patience
Place a howlite stone in your pocket to absorb your own anger - or another's anger that is directed toward you. It helps to overcome critical or selfish behaviour.

Healing properties of howlite

Relieves insomnia
Balances calcium levels
Strengthens teeth and bones

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Iolite is a fascinating stone with an interesting past. Ancient mariners used iolite as a compass to guide their way to sea. They noted that it would show different hues of blue-violet when held to the northern and southern skies. Ancients believed that it could unlock creativity in an artist.

Iolite opens a path to your deep inner self
Use this stone to discover the lost parts of self and your inner treasures. It is an excellent stone for shamanic journeying or to assist in recovering information from past lives.

It clears the third eye chakra. It is a stone of vision and creative expression. Iolite is especially compatible with:

lapis lazuli
amethyst
azurite

Healing properties of Iolite
Iolite supports the healing of the eyes, stimulates memory and helps with sleep imbalances.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The paler the jade the more valuable it is.
Jade is an ancient stone that has historically been used to attract love. Carved into a butterfly, in China it is a powerful symbol used to draw love.

Jade can be used to bring money into your life. Create a positive attitude towards money and visualize yourself using money creatively and productively while holding the stone in your power hand. When making an important business decision, use the prosperous energies of jade by holding it while contemplating your course of action. Jade strengthens your mental faculties and assists in clear reasoning.

Jade is also a protective stone, guarding against accidents and misfortune. Place a piece of jade between two purple candles and let the candles burn for a short while. Then carry the jade with you as a protection amulet.

Symbol of successful love
A butterfly carved from jade holds a special romantic significance. Ancient Chinese legend tells of a youth who wandered into the garden of a wealthy mandarin in pursuit of a multi-colored butterfly. Instead of being punished for trespassing, his visit led to marriage with the mandarin's daughter.

Today, a jade butterfly symbolizes successful love.

Healing properties of Jade
The soothing green color of jade makes it a wonderful healing stone. It helps the body in self-healing while working through underlying, non-physical reasons for a precipitation for disease. It is particularly helpful for kidney, heart and stomach complaints.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Red Jasper Gemstone meaning
A strong protection gemstone, red jasper is known to protect against hazards of the night. Red jasper is very lucky for actors. Jasper is one of the oldest known gemstones. It is mentioned in the Bible several times. Jasper is a strong securing gemstone. It is a stability gemstone. It is a powerful protection against things that are not good for you and it eases emotional stresses, making it a wonderful gemstone to have in your home.

Jasper gives one the courage to speak out and have personal independence. It also protects from fears in the night. Red jasper is thought to help balance the energy in the body. All jaspers help balance the emotional energy in the body.

Healing properties of Jasper
Jasper comes in many colors. All colors of Jasper will help balance the vibrations of the body. Jasper is slow to show a change to the person, but is such a basic "good" stone that one should always have it on hand.

Red Jasper helps with the sense of smell. It also promotes physical energy.

Jasper jewellery -
Sustains and supports during times of stress
Brings tranquility
Restores "wholeness"
Unifies all aspects of your life
Promotes courage
Aligns the chakras

Jasper Wands
Protect yourself from harm with jasper.
Jasper is an earthy, solid grounding stone. It encourages practicality and skillful application in a realistic way. One if its main energies is repair and healing of matters that are physical. Jasper can help you pursue and achieve your goals.

Use a jasper healing wand to give yourself a grounding base for your emotional energy.
Jasper is associated with the root (base) chakra. This chakra is the closest energy to earth and links us to the planet itself. An imbalanced base chakra can manifest as a build up of strong emotions, denial of these emotions, anger, selfishness, or lack of emotional responses that are necessary for personal survival.

Try this exercise: With your feet firmly on the ground, hold the wand in your hand pointing downward. While breathing out, visualize deep roots extending out from your contact place with the ground. While breathing in, visualize the sustaining energy of the earth flowing in through your whole body.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Jet occurs in black or dark brown and is a variety of coal known as lignite. The finest jet comes from England, and it is also found in the United States, Poland, France, Germany, Spain, India and Russia.

Jet becomes electrically charged when rubbed with wood or silk.
Jet is an excellent stone for use in magic rituals to draw and channel the elements of the earth's energies in a desired direction.

Jet protects and purifies.
Jet neutralizes negative energies. Hold a piece of jet to clear negative vibrations.

To release stress, combine jet with lepidolite.
Psychic protection and purification - use jet with black tourmaline or smokey quartz.

Healing properties of jet
Healing with jet is often done in combination with amber or sugilite. Jet is used by healers to aid the cleansing of the liver and kidneys.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Kunzite was discovered at the Pala Chief Mine near San Diego, California and named after gemologist GF Kunz, who first described it after the turn of the twentieth century. Kunzite is an unusual, and rare, stone.

Wear kunzite to be blessed with good fortune. Its soft pastel colors symbolize purity. It can also be a sign of new life and is sometimes regarded as a symbol for pregnancy.

Kunzite is a calming, relaxation stone:

Releases tension
Promotes a peaceful disposition
Emits exceptionally tranquil vibrations
Kunzite opens the heart to all forms of love.
The gentle energy of kunzite helps to release blocks in matters of the heart and allows one to move to a more receptive state. It is an especially wonderful gift stone, opening a silent communion of joy and delight.

Healing properties of Kunzite
Gaze at or hold a kunzite to release daily stress, smooth out knotted muscles, calm nerves, anger or fear.

Sources of Kunzite
Kunzite is mined in US, Brazil, Madagascar, Myanmar and Afghanistan.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Kyanite is an interesting gem that was discovered during the nineteenth century. The most highly prized kyanite is the vibrant blue or blue-green hue. It is also found in shades of gray, yellow, white and a colorless variety that is considered quite rare.

It was once believed that a kyanite suspended from a human hair could follow the earth's magnetic force. Early travellers sometimes used it as a compass when exploring unknown territories.

Healing properties of kyanite
The fan like clusters or blades that are formed by kyanite make it an ideal stone for restoring energy balance. It is a very effective energy conduit that can balance most systems of the body. It can quickly create stillness and tranquility, making it an excellent stone for meditation.

Sources of kyanite
Kyanite is found in mountainous regions in the United States (Montana and North Carolina), Switzerland, Brazil and Myanmar.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Lapis lazuli is an ancient gem, and as such, has a storied history. Egyptian cultures made a practice of burying a lapis lazuli scarab with their dead, and believed it to offer protection. The very earliest cultures valued lapis lazuli more highly than gold. Greeks spoke of an ancient sapphire which was included with gold, and this was unmistakenly lapis. Some believed that dreaming of lapis would foretell love that would be forever faithful.

When working or meditating with Lapis Lazuli, it can bring matters more clearly to the mind. It is one of the most powerful stones and should be used with care. Wearing a Lapis Lazuli ring can help you to become a channel. The ancient Egyptians used Lapis Lazuli as a symbol of Truth.

Healing properties of Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli is used with other stones when parts of the body need to be purified and cleansed and should be only used by a healer. Lapis Lazuli has high intensity and can open many of the chakra centers. This must be done only with love in the heart and comprehension in the mind and wisdom in soul.

Sources of Lapis Lazuli
Lapis Lazuli can be found in Chile, the Soviet Union, the United States, but most significantly from the mountains of Afghanistan.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Labradorite is a power stone, allowing you to see through illusions and determine the actual form of your dreams and goals. It is excellent for strengthening intuitions.

Use labradorite to:

Stimulate imagination
Develop enthusiasm and thus, new ideas
To see more clearly in meditation

Sources of Labradorite
Labradorite was first found in 1770 on the Labrador Peninsula in Canada. It is also found in Norway, and the former USSR. There is a blue semi-transparent variety called spectrolite that is only found in Finland.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Lepidolite was discovered in the eigtheenth century and was originally known as lilalite (from the Hindu word 'lila' meaning play, game).

Lepidolite is not technically a gemstone, but a very beautiful purplish type of mica. It is referred to by healers as the Peace Stone.

Some of the uses of lepidolite are:

Encourages independence for setting and attaining goals inconspicuously
Protection from outside influences
Relieves every day stress, and promotes restful sleep when placed near your pillow
Attracts good luck to those who carry it, and drives away negativity
When used with rose quartz, it becomes a stone of reconciliation of love
Healing properties of Lepidolite
Lepidolite can be laid directly on painful parts of the body. It helps with nerve pain, sciatica, neuralgia and joint problems.

Sources of Lepidolite
Lepidolite is found in Colorado and other parts of the US, and in Brazil.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Magnetite, also known as Lodestone, has a powerful positive-negative polarity. It is a basic stone used by crystal healers to realign energy flows in the body.

Magnetite balances the intellect with inner emotions to bring about stability.
This is an excellent stone for balancing polarities such as male-female; physical-spiritual; left brain-right brain, and many more.

Magnetite aligns the chakras and connects the base and earth chakras to the nurturing energies of the earth. Additional properties include:

Aids telepathy, meditation, visualization
Strengthens trust in your own intuitions
The magnetic quality of magnetite attracts love, commitment and loyalty
Offers relief from negative emotions

Healing properties of magnetite
This stone is used for recovery. It is beneficial for asthma, blood and circulatory system, skin and hair. Excellent for muscle strains and cramps. Some use it to stop nosebleeds.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Watch out for this one...it can pack a bit of a punch!!

Malachite is believed to be a strong protector of children. It is said to protect the wearer from accidents and protects travelers. Malachite has been used to aid success in business and protect against undesirable business associations. It is a stone of balance in relationships.

Malachite is always green, usually in banded tones varying from very dark green to a mellow green. Most malachite comes from Zaire, Chile and Australia.

Ancient Egyptians, Greeks and Romans used malachite for jewelry and ground it to use as eye shadow. It is used in amulets to protect against the evil eye. In the Middle Ages it was used to protect children from witches and other dangers.

Healing properties of Malachite
Malachite is a stone that should not be used for physical healing. Malachite has been called the "mirror of the soul". It is variable in its condition. It reaches the inner feelings of the person and reflects what is there, negative or positive. It is so beautiful that one would like to wear it in jewelry, but caution must be used when wearing Malachite. It will always reflect how you feel, if you feel negative don't wear Malachite. It reminds us that we have a dual nature and it is up to each person to know and rule his own person. To help get rid of nightmares, keep a piece of Malachite in your bedroom.

Use with copper to increase the power of malachite.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 01:51 PM
It is said if you give your lover a moonstone necklace when the moon is full you will always have passion with each other. Moonstone is a highly valued gemstone for these reasons:

Brings good fortune
Assists in foretelling the future
Enhances intuition
Promotes inspiration
Brings success in love as well as business matters
Offers protection on land and at sea

The moonstone is associated with the moon and was the stone of the goddess Diana. The most powerful time to use the moonstone is in a full moon.

It has been worn as an amulet to bring good emotions to the wearer, while protecting those of a sensitive nature. It can reunite lovers who have quarreled. Moonstone is also considered a good luck stone.

Moonstone is a very personal stone. It is a reflection of the person who owns it. It does not add or detract, only shows how it is. This is why the moonstone is said to perceive that which "is". Moonstone is an excellent stone to use in meditation to understand oneself. Placing it in the moonlight of a moon reaching its fullness, not a full or waning moon, can revitalize it. This is a particularly good gemstone for women. It is a good stone for young women or teenagers.

Healing properties of Moonstone
Moonstone stimulates the functioning of the pineal gland and balances internal hormone cycles with nature's rhythms. Moonstone is a stone of inner growth and strength. Though often considered to be a woman's stone, it can be beneficial to men in opening the emotional self.

Sources of moonstone
There are two moonstones. Adularia moonstone is an almost transparent pale gray or silvery white or blue shimmer. It is mainly found in Sri Lanka, Burma, India and Madagascar. Albite moonstone is in the feldspar group. It is semitransparent with a pale, shimmering reflection. It may be a little dull. It comes mainly from Canada.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Morganite is the stone of Divine Love. This delicate yet powerful stone opens one to the frequency of the universal heart.

Morganite attracts love and maintains it.
Morganite promotes abundance of the heart and prosperity of love.

It assists in connecting with Divine Love and angelic energies:

Helps to release unhealthy emotional patterns
Aids in developing trust
Brings a sense of joy and inner strength

Healing properties of Morganite
Morganite is used by healers to counter stress and stress-related illness. Asthma, heart problems, impotence, lung difficulties.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 01:53 PM
With its glassy luster, obsidian is a distinctive stone. Obsidian is formed as lava from volcanic eruptions cools within the earth. The speed at which it cools prevents crystallization and the rock forms as solid volcanic glass.

Although its most common color is black, obsidian can also be found in light brown, brown mottled with black, and black with a beautiful golden or silvery sheen. Snowflake obsidian is dotted with white patches where parts of the rock have begun to crystallize. The most prized obsidian by gemologists is the rainbow obsidian variety with purple, green and gold bands of sheen.

Obsidian was revered by ancient cultures. It was one of the major barter materials, and prized for its ability to be worked to razor-sharp edges for arrows and spears. It has been used since prehistoric times for making tools, masks, weapons, mirrors and jewelry.

Healing properties of Obsidian
Obsidian helps to protect the very sensitive against depression. It is the stone of the soft hearted and gentle people of the world. Use obsidian to help block negativity of any kind. As a black gemstone, it symbolizes self control and resilience. Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility.

Sources of Obsidian
Obsidian can be found anywhere that volcanic activity has occurred. Some of its important sources today are South America, Japan, Mexico, Afghanistan, and parts of the United States. The San Carlos Apache Reservation in Arizona, United States, produces an interesting banded variety of obsidian known as "Apache Tears".

Snowflake Obsidian is a stone of purity. It balances mind body and spirit.

Placed on the sacral hara chakra, snowflake obsidian will calm and soothe and allow you to view unhealthy patterns in your own behaviour, thus opening the door to change.

Obsidian draws hidden imbalances to the surface and releases them.
The blackness of this stone enhances the ability to reach your inner self. It is one of the earliest known stones to be used for scrying (seeing into the future).

Healing properties of snowflake obsidian
Snowflake obsidian relieves muscle cramps, and is a detoxification stone.

Sources of snowflake obsidian
This stone can be found worldwide

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Onyx is known to separate. It can help release negative emotions such as sorrow and grief. It is used to end unhappy or bothersome relationships.

Onyx guards against negativity
Onyx jewelry is worn to defend against negativity that is directed at you. Black stones have protective energies in the sense that black is the absence of light, and therefore, can be used to create invisibility.

Fortifies self confidence and responsibility
Sharpens your senses
Encourages a healthy egotism

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Opal was formed many millions of years ago, when a combination of silica and water flowed into cracks and spaces in the ground. This then gradually hardened and solidified to become opal. Opals contain water, which makes them very sensitive to heat. They are soft and can be cracked or chipped easily. Opals should be stored in moist absorbent cotton.
There are two categories of opals - common and precious. The Precious opals are composed of three groups: white, black, and fire opal.

The Opal contains the colors of all other stones. It can be charged with every type of energy for use in magic spells. Opals have been carried for invisibility. They are also a protection stone used during astral projection.

Some uses of Fire opal are:

Brings out spontaneous action
Initiates new ideas
Stimulates enthusiasm
Acts as a magnet to draw in money or customers to a business
Healing properties of Fire Opal
Fire opal helps relieve energy deficiencies; stimulates sexual organs and the adrenal glands.

Sources of Fire Opal
Fire Opal is generally found in volcanic rock formations in an area of Southern Mexico near the Yucatan Peninsula. It can also be found in a remote region of the former Soviet Union.

Blue Opal
Blue Opal is a stone that will soothe erratic emotions and enhance personal courage.

Enhances your ability to communicate what is in your heart
Helps in overcoming those things you do to yourself that are harmful
Strong connection to the sea and creatures of the sea (dolphins, mermaids, etc.)

The opal is said to be many things including the most powerful of healing stones, the stone of hope, the stone of great achievement and even the "stone of the Gods".

It is said to be the stone of love, but only to faithful lovers. The opal will bring misfortune to an unfaithful lover.

Pink Opal is a stone of peace and tranquility for the aura. It is especially noted for its energies in healing emotions.

Sleeping with pink opal or holding it while in meditation helps to bring compassion and a gentle resolution of painful memories. Pink Opal is a Heart Chakra stone.

The opal is said to be many things including the most powerful of healing stones, the stone of hope, the stone of great achievement and even the "stone of the Gods". Ancient Romans associated opal with hope and good luck.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
A tiny island known as Zabargard (owned by Egypt) is documented as the first source of peridot, dating back as far as four thousand years. Early Crusaders who visited St. John's Island (now called Zabargard) introduced this gem to Europe upon return from battle.

Peridot is mentioned in many ancient references as chrysolite. It is mentioned throughout the Bible, and early Christians considered it sacred. Today still, Catholic Bishops traditionally wear a ring of peridot and amethyst as a symbol of purity and morality.

The peridot was believed to be a stone of springtime by ancients who considered it a gift from Mother Nature. Napoleon once made a gift of peridot to Josephine as a symbol of undying love and admiration. In ancient times, it was said that a dream about peridot foretold impending danger.

Healing qualities of peridot
Peridot is a stone of lightness and beauty. Only spiritual or clear-minded persons should use peridot. The person with too many earthly problems will not be able to understand the beauty of the Peridot. The very spiritual can wear peridot in a necklace with the stone at the base of the throat to feel its soothing effect. Used in a necklace, peridot is a protector against negative emotions.

Peridot has been known to have healing effect on the gall bladder and liver.

Sources of peridot
Peridot is a gem variety from the olivine mineral group. The bottle green color is called peridot. Yellowish green is chrysolite. Olive green is olivine. Sources of peridot include: St. John's Island (Egypt), United States (Arizona and Hawaii), Myanmar, Burma, Australia, Norway, South Africa and Brazil.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Prehnite is a stone of unconditional love. It is said to connect to the archangel Raphael. Prehnite enhances inner knowledge, showing tje path forward to spiritual growth through attunement to divine energy.

Prehnite connects the will and the heart. In so doing one's actions attain the highest good.

Wear prehnite to strengthen your intuition and recognize truths.
Used as a stone of vision, it works well during meditation to access higher levels of awareness, stimulating the third eye chakra.

Healing properties of Prehnite
Prehnite can assist in finding the root cause of an illness. Healers use it for the kidneys and bladder, thymus gland, shoulders, chest and lungs.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
The resemblance of pyrite to gold has made it a traditional symbol for money and good luck. It's sunny golden color associates it with the sun, and with fortification and strengthening of the mind. The name comes from the Greek word meaning "a stone which strikes fire".

Iron Pyrite makes a wonderful energy shield, blocking out negativity from various sources. Some of its properties include:

Overcomes inertia and feelings of inadequacy
Energizes the area where you place it (such as on a desk where you work)
Helps you to see behind a facade

Pyrite Suns
These delightful pyrite pieces contain golden rays in the shape of a rising sun! Pyrite suns were once thought to be fossilized sand dollars or lily pads.

Mineralogists now believe that they are pyrite crystals formed between layers of slate and coal that simply had no room to grow in the traditional cubes that one normally finds pyrite. Formed 350 million years ago deep in the coal mines of Illinois, USA, each is unique!

Healing with Iron Pyrite
Use this stone to overcome lethargy and fatigue. It increases the oxygen supply to the blood and strengthens the circulatory system. It is beneficial for the lungs, alleviating bronchitis and asthma.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:06 PM
This beautiful gentle stone is invaluable when dealing with the emotions. It is very good when someone is grieving after a loss or seperation and has often been known to 'sacrifice' itself...to break or crack when being used.

Your marriage can have more sparkle and fire when you keep a rose quartz under your pillow. You will look younger too.

Rose quartz is known as the love stone. It helps the user feel a strong sense of self-worth, therefore being worth love. Rose quartz is the stone of universal love. It is also the stone of love in marriage. When worn in jewelry the wearer feels a sense of self-worth.

Healing properties of Rose Quartz
Rose Quartz has a gentle vibration of love for the owner. It gives inner peace and helps in all matters pertaining to love in all its forms. Rose Quartz opens the heart to love. It also helps as a rejuvenator to the skin. It is a lovely stone for a young person.

It is said washing the face in water charged by rose quartz will help fade winkles and keep the skin young.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Quartz stones that contains mineral inclusions are called "rutilated quartz" or "sagenite", popularly known as Venus-hair stone. Rutiles are small needlelike crystals. These may be red, black or brassy yellow.

Golden rutilated quartz integrates energy at many levels. It heightens the energy of other quartz stones and is an important healing stone.

Illuminates the soul
Cleanses and energizes
Removes barriers to spiritual growth
Filters negative energy

Rutilated quartz is an excellent stone to use if you need to change your direction in life.
It soothes dark moods, offerring relief from fears, phobias and anxiety. The needle inclusions add intensity and transmission power to the crystal.

Healing properties of rutilated quartz
It is used to aid respiratory difficulties, regeneration of cells, flow of energy throughout the body. It is an excellent balancing stone for a sad or weak heart.

Sources of rutilated quartz
Quartz with rutile inclusions are found in Madagascar, Brazil, South Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Germany and Switzerland.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:09 PM
These two stones are very similar although both have special properties but I have put them together for this post.

Rhodochrosite (also known as Inca Rose Stone, Raspberry Spar, Manganese Spar) comes in a variety of shades from bright red to soft shades of pink, and opaque forms with swirling patterns. Rhodochrosite is an excellent conductor of energy.

Rhodochrosite in pink tones:

soothes the heart
stimulates warm feelings of love and compassion
benefits the creative process
promotes intuition

Healing properties of Rhodochrosite
Stimulates circulation and blood pressure, kidneys and reproductive organs.

Sources of Rhodochrosite
This gemstone is found in Argentina, Mexico, the U.S.A., Namibia, South Africa, Spain and Romania

Rhodonite soothes the nervous system. This gemstone vibrates with love. Just holding this gemstone promotes relaxation and brings a sense of well-being. This is a balance gemstone and is used to clear the psychic centers.

Healing properties of Rhodonite
Rhodonite raises self worth and helps ward off negativity. It has been known as a "rescue stone".

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:10 PM
The ruby is considered to be the most powerful gem in the universe, and is associated with many astral signs. To own a ruby is said to have contentment and peace. Placed under a pillow the ruby may ward off bad dreams. Ruby rings should be worn on the left hand so as to receive the life force and have protection. Given as a gift, the ruby is a symbol of friendship and love. The ruby is also the symbol of vitality and royalty.

The Ruby is filled with love. It also helps sexual love to be more passionate. Persons lacking in self-love should have and mediate on the Ruby. It also gives the courage to be best potential that a person has.

Healing properties of Ruby
Ruby works with the flow of blood as an aid to circulation. It aids the cleansing and removal of infection or germs in the blood. The Ruby may be worn in jewelry, but never close to the solar plexus, as the Ruby has a disquieting effect upon it. In a ring wear it on your left hand.

The color of rubies varies from vermilion to red. The most desired color is "pigeon's blood", which is pure red with a hint of blue. If the color is too pink, the stone is a pink sapphire. The same is true if it is too violet - it is a violet sapphire. The best rubies and star rubies are bright red. Most rubies come from Burma and Thailand.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
A sapphire means blue in Greek. The blue goes from dark blue almost black to pale blue. The finest blue sapphires are a strong blue. The star sapphire is very valued. Sapphires of colors other than blue are always referred to with the color. There are pink sapphires, yellow sapphires, violet sapphires, green sapphires and clear sapphires. Today most sapphires are mined in Australia.

It is said a necklace of sapphires will cure a sore throat.

The sapphire was called the "Stone of Destiny". Sapphires contribute to mental clarity and perception. They can promote financial rewards.

The sapphire is the symbol of heaven and joyful devotion to God.

Sapphire is associated with Aquarius, Virgo, Libra and Capricorn. It is the birthstone of September and has been the birthstone of April. Sapphire is the symbol of Saturn (dark blue) and Venus (light blue).

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Serpentine gets its name from the word 'serpent' because it resembles the skin of a snake. It is sometimes called New Jade and occurs in a variety of colors including red, green, brown-red, brown-yellow and white. It has been used since ancient times to guard against disease and sorcery.

Serpentine makes an exceptional meditation stone. It helps you to find inner peace. Serpentine was carried in ancient Assyria to request the gods and goddesses to provide double blessings. Nursing women used it to regulate their milk supply.

Some of the uses of serpentine include:

Protection against poisonous creatures such as snakes, insects, etc.
Balances mood swings
Encourages the ability to solve conflicts by peaceful means
Healing properties of Serpentine
Serpentine can be placed directly on the skin. It is an aid to kidney and stomach complaints, relaxes cramps and menstrual pain.

Sources of Serpentine
Serpentine is found in New Zealand, China, Afghanistan, South Africa, USA, and England.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Smokey quartz is nature's stone of endurance. If you need a extra boost, carry a smokey quartz gemstone with you. It promotes:

Personal pride and joy in living
Creativity in business
Opens the path for perception and learning

Smokey Quartz is a protection stone that cleanses and clears negative energy.
Smokey Quartz is a grounding stone that transmutes negative energies and facilitates your ability to get things done in the practical world. It enhances organizational skills and is good to have around in the workplace or home office.

Healing properties of Smokey Quartz
Smokey Quartz is connected with the sounds of the universe. It makes you more aware of sounds including telepathic sounds. Smokey Quartz helps relieve depression.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Sodalite brings inner peace. Keep sodalite in your pockets and in every room of your house, so its peaceful properties will flow all around you.

Sodalite is a dark blue stone with white calcite interspersed. It is sometimes confused with lapis lazuli as it also has small specks of pyrite in it. The largest deposit of sodalite is in Brazil.

Sodalite is the stone of athletics, as it stimulates endurance. It is said sodalite will harmonize the inner being or the conscious and subconscious mind. Sodalite promotes peace and harmony. Sodalite is extra lucky for writers.

Healing properties of Sodalite
Sodalite is associated with the thyroid. It is perfect in a necklace. Wear it when you want to loose a few pounds. It helps in communicating and will give confidence to speak more.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:19 PM
Sunstone was associated with the Sun during the Rennaissance because of its sparkling orange-gold hue. It was used by magicians to call upon the influences of the sun. It is a protective stone.

Placed before a white candle, sunstone will spread protective energies throughout your home.
Symbolically, sunstone is linked to moonstone (Sunstone being masculine and Moonstone is feminine). Carry the two stones together to bring the influences of the Sun (Healing, Protection, Success) into harmony with those of the Moon (Love, Peace, Spirituality).

Sunstone is worn to:
Give you extra energy when you are ill or under stress
Stimulate sexual arousal and increase sexual energy
Increase self-healing power
Promotes harmony among the organs functions

Sunstone stimulates your personal power of attraction.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Sugilite is considered one of the most important love stones. It represents spiritual love and wisdom - opening and aligning all the chakras to love with its beautiful purple rays.

This loving stone teaches and protects in matters of spiritual quests, love, and forgiveness.

Protects the soul from shocks and trauma
Clears disappointments and relieves spiritual tension
Brings light and love to the darkest situations
Aids forgiveness by eliminating hostility
Place sugilite on the third eye to alleviate despair. Hold to the forehead for headaches. To increase protective energies of sugilite, combine with amethyst. To assist in the grounding of light in the physical world, combine with hematite.

Sugilite teaches you how to live from your own truth.
It imparts the ability to face unpleasant conditions, encourages positive thoughts, and releases emotional turmoil.

Healing properties of sugilite
Sugilite is used by healers for dyslexia, pain relief, motor disfunction. Light colored sugilite is used to purify lymph and blood.

Sources of Sugilite
This rare stone is found in Japan and South Africa.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Tektite is a glassy object associated with meteoric impacts. The word 'Tektite' is from the Greek tektos, meaning "molten". Tektites are formed when a large meteorite strikes the Earth.

More than 2000 years ago, the Chinese referred to tektites as Inkstone of the Thundergod. Autralian aborigines refer to them as Mabon, or 'magic' and believe that finding one brings good luck. In India, they are known as the Sacred Gem of Krishna.

Meditation with a tektite will increase telepathy. Carry tektite for heightened psychic sensitivity, psychic travel, increase energy field, open and clear the lower chakras.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Topaz is one of the twelve breastplate stones of the High Priest referred to in the Book of Exodus. The breastplate stones are considered sacred to twelve mighty angels who guard the gates to Paradise.

Silver Topaz is colorless and untreated. Colorless topaz is often irradiated and heat treated to form blue topaz. Silver Topaz is also called "white topaz".

Silver or White topaz:

Increases your awareness of thoughts and deeds and the karmic effects of these
Purifies emotions as well as actions
Activates cosmic awareness
Removes stagnant energy

Topaz meaning
Topaz is a soothing, empathetic stone that will direct energy to the place it is most needed. It heals and energizes. Topaz is a promoter of truth and forgiveness. Use it to find your own path.

Sources of Topaz
Topaz occurs in a range of different colors: deep golden yellow (Imperial Topaz), blue, light to medium brown (Champagne Topaz), pink, and white, or clear topaz.

Topaz can be found in Brazil, USA, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, former USSR, Australia, Tasmania, Pakistan, Mexico, Japan and Africa.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Pink tourmaline is a gentle stone that directly touches the heart! The color varies widely from pale pink to deep red

Relaxing and nurturing, pink tourmaline is associated with feminine energies. It vibrates a deep resonance with the heart chakra. It has the potential to heal emotional wounds with its soft, soothinig energy to bring feelings of comfort and safety.

Pink Tourmaline opens your ability to surrender to love!

Emotional balancer and cleanser
Alleviates stress and obsessive behaviour
Assists in changing patterns to better align with spiritual growth
Radiates kindness, tolerance

Combine pink tourmaline with these stones:

Use with Rose Quartz, Morganite, Kunzite, Rhodonite, Rhodochrosite, Malachite, Dioptase to restore love
Use with Black Tourmaline to relieve stress, worry or obsessive behaviour

Rub black tourmaline for luck and happiness. This is a powerful stone and a very lucky stone. When the tourmaline is rubbed it becomes charged with magnetic electricity and the luck intensifies.

Colored Tourmaline
Tourmaline is black, but also shades of red, pink, green, blue and what is known as watermelon tourmaline, which is a crystal with green on the outside and pink in the middle. The green tourmaline brings success. The pink tourmaline will bring love and friends. Tourmalated quartz aids peace of mind. It is found in many countries including Burma, United States, Brazil and Zimbabwe.

Healing properties of Black Tourmaline
Tourmaline uses differs as its colors differ. All colors are very powerful and it must be used carefully. Each person seems to react differently to Tourmaline. It has been used with intestinal problems, but only a healer should use it. Black Tourmaline pushes all negativity away.

The watermelon tourmaline is a rare variety that displays three different colors in the same crystal - green (the skin of the watermelon), pink (the sweet fruit) and white (the rind). As in the gem stone ametrine, the colors of the watermelon tourmaline occur 100% naturally. This is a rare occurence in nature.

What watermelon tourmaline can do for you

Attract love
Balance the male and female energies within yourself
Remove imbalances (and guilt) caused by conflicts and confusions
The green part feeds your life force, while the pink soothes and harmonizes

Healing properties of watermelon tourmaline
All of the tourmalines offer strong healing effects. The watermelon variety encourages regeneration of the nerves, helps with paralysis and multiple sclerosis.

Sources of watermelon tourmaline
South Africa, Brazil, Mozambique, Madagascar and Sri Lanka.

Green Tourmaline (also known as Verdelite) brings a joy for life. It promotes an appreciation for the many wonders that life has to offer. It encourages patience and openness, as well as sincere interest in fellow human beings.

The magical uses of this stone include the stimulation of creativity. It is also used to attract money and success in business.

Healing properties of green tourmaline
Green tourmaline strengthens the heart and offers detoxification effects.

Kiran
November 19th, 2008, 02:29 PM
What can I say about this beautiful stone...other than I love it! But be very careful of fakes...there are many stones such as Howlite that can be dyed blue and passed off a turquoise so be sure to buy from a reputable source. It should be a vivid blue. There is also 'Chinese Turquoise' which has black flecks/mottling going through it but let your intuition guide you as to what is the right one for you.

Turquoise is one of the oldest protection amulets, and was also known as a symbol of wealth in many ancient cultures.

Strength, protection from harm, psychic sensitivity and connection to the spirit world

If given a turquoise by a loving friend, that stone would protect the wearer from negative energy and bring good fortune. The turquoise is the symbol of friendship. It also brings peace to the home.

This stone is a very personal and meaningful stone to one who wears it. Turquoise takes on the characteristics of the owner.

Turquoise carries great wisdom of basic truth within it. It is one of the oldest stones known. This is a stone that a person must learn to attune to instead of the stone attuning to the person. It is important that the owner of a Turquoise give it the proper attention.

Healing properties of Turquoise

Neutralizes overacidity
Alleviates rheumatism, gout, stomach problems, viral infections
Increases growth, muscular strength
Alleviates pain, relaxes cramps
Contains anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects
Application: should be worn on the solar plexus

Use with copper to increase the power of turquoise.

History of Turquoise
Turquoise is a stone that has been prized for many years. The ancient Egyptians used turquoise in jewelry. Turquoise is greenish-blue or pale sky blue. The name means "Turkish stone" as it came to Europe by way of Turkey. Turquoise was mined more than 6,000 years ago in Sinai. The best turquoise comes from Iran, but not much is exported now. Much turquoise comes from Mexico and the United States today.

planetlove
November 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM
lorri you are a crystal
we are all crystals.....
Do you know powerful you are?
V

Kiran
November 26th, 2008, 08:47 AM
V...where do you think my love comes from my dearest friend? :)
I think there are so many of us out there that are still alone, being treated in mental institutions etc. Lets hope they find their way home honey :)