PDA

View Full Version : Twitter... Tweet Out?

Mr B
August 6th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Well, as we know Twitter has been off for a while now. I guess their having a huge problem with the servers.

Possibilities are that they had an attack or something similar. Anyway i'm not able to tweet with you at the moment, the problem continues. I saw some tweets pop up a few minutes ago from GT and Sphinx but i still can't post anything yet.

Never thought that this tweeting would be that addictive... :blink::laugh:

Anyway, i hope it's sorted out soon. :)

God's Toy
August 6th, 2009, 06:37 PM
You gotta love the tweets!

Yep up and down for me too, I can post by using 'pocket tweet' on my PDA but still loads of posts (or Tweets) are missing.

Mr B
August 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM
LOL!!! Dunno what's going on, it's a jojo at the moment.

I can't even log into Twitpic and get the message: Invalid username or password. Hell.... i typed it correctly. Can you confirm that GT?

I guess they are linked to each other. :)

Stargazer
August 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
yep...no dunnit for me as well....can't sign in ! 'That Page doesn't exist'

God's Toy
August 6th, 2009, 07:14 PM
It's working from Pocket twit, Twitterfox, my MP3 player via Mobile browser and via the web browser but the app 'Blu' is still not playing ball

God's Toy
August 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
IT's UP!! It's down, IT's UP! It's down....

Jordan
August 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
ohhhh thanks for information....I become crazy from I don't know what is going on.....

Mr B
August 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
This is driving me insane!!! It's down again.... lol

I would reconsider the IRC thingy i mentioned. Hell yeah... Long Live IRC chat!!! :D

God's Toy
August 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
let it go! Twitter forever! HA!:Hbounce

Mr B
August 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
let it go!
Never! :baseball_gif: :D :laugh:

Twitter forever! HA!:Hbounce
Well.... errrr.... okay. :yourock:

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
From what I heard on the news...someone tried to hack the site so they had to close it down....

*she types with shaky hands* I think I am suffering withdrawals...!:blink:

Mr B
August 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Not only Twitter was shut down due the hackers attack (i prefer to call them crackers instead of hackers) but also Facebook suffered from it according to BBC News.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8188201.stm

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Yes I couldn't access either. Good morning MAIK!! See some of us know how to spell it!! lol

Mr B
August 7th, 2009, 08:57 AM
If i read the news article on BBC it was a DOS-attack.... if i'm correct. Good morning to you too dear Lorri. :)
Twitter is still going on and off sometimes due the maintenance/upgrade.

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Yeah I think so....I got one post on there and its gone again!

Mr B
August 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I had it right when i mentioned it yesterday. :)
Hope they get things sorted soon.

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah me too!! SO how are you today honey??

Mr B
August 7th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I'm tweeted.... errrrm.... fine honey. :)
Got a new name by the way thanks to Peter..... maybe you've read it already somewhere. lol

God's Toy
August 7th, 2009, 09:54 AM
yes bill is right. it was a dos attack on both twitterr and facepus .

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Yeah I did....sorry Maik...err...I mean Bill :)

Mr B
August 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
:ohyea: How fast can you two run? :baseball_gif::7hit (1):

:laugh3: :D

Kiran
August 7th, 2009, 10:35 AM
:Eeksign::bolt:

God's Toy
August 10th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Twitter is down once more this morning.

Grrr..

Mr B
August 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM
:blink: Could be a little maintenance their having. It's working on my end. :Boy_yes3:

God's Toy
August 10th, 2009, 09:15 AM
up and down. up and down.

Mr B
August 10th, 2009, 09:26 AM
You're right.... up and down again. Hope it's not another DOS-attack....

Genesis
August 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
LOL. Obsess much guys? :D

Mr B
August 10th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Totally addicted..... :D

Kiran
August 11th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hmm...seems to be gone again!!! :blink:

Mr B
August 11th, 2009, 02:34 PM
hmmm.... don't know what it is today... it's going off and on again. Something like that is doing my head in... lol

Mr B
August 14th, 2009, 01:04 PM
This time it is "Twitter tweet out". I just had a bit enough of it and logged out from it. MW is more important to me. :)

Narnia
August 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
This time it is "Twitter tweet out". I just had a bit enough of it and logged out from it. MW is more important to me. :)

So, are you taking a sabbatical leave from twitter for a while?

Mr B
August 14th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Yep, i do indeed. :)

BlueStar
August 14th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I thought it was mighty quiet on the twitter front today

Krash
August 14th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Facebook is bad enough, but Twitter is terrible!

I don't know, but I just don't get the appeal of it. I am going to the store. I am at the store. what should I buy at the store. Should I buy Pepsi? No I think I might buy Coke. No wait...

But then, you guys were always geeks so I guess that does explain it. :laugh::bolt:

Narnia
August 14th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I don't know, but I just don't get the appeal of it. I am going to the store. I am at the store. what should I buy at the store. Should I buy Pepsi? No I think I might buy Coke. No wait...

No, un second thought, maybe I'll go with a Sprite instead or maybe a coffee. :laugh:

God's Toy
August 14th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Anything with double the caffeine is good for me!

Krash
August 14th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah, totally ignore the pointed barb why don't cha! :)

Mr B
August 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Why don't you make us some coffee and food mate... You're Le Chef of the kitchen here. :D

Nice to see ya Krash. :)

God's Toy
August 14th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, totally ignore the pointed barb why don't cha! :)
wait, who are you?

:laugh:

Krash
August 14th, 2009, 10:12 PM
A forums worst nightmare, brought back by the power of THE LAND DOWN UNDER!! CRIKEY!

I forgot how to cook, but I love to say BORK!

God's Toy
August 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Your verrrrrrry welcome to MW dear friend.

Hope things been good with you.

Krash
August 14th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Very good, and I apologize for the long delay in conversing with you, GT.

Maybe if I was on Twitter....

(See what I did there? I brought the thread back to the original topic. I used to be a mod you know.)

God's Toy
August 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM
See only you could do that! (You still got it ;) )

It's really nice to see you here once more.

Twitter? YOU? Well your most welcome but YOU? Twitter?

LOL!

Mr B
August 14th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I'm so not calling you by your real name Krash. Not even on Twitter when i activate it again. :D

Respect dude and Twitter on!!! (knowing that you will never appear there :D ) :yourock:

SoulChild
August 14th, 2009, 10:26 PM

But then, you guys were always geeks so I guess that does explain it. :laugh::bolt:

At first, I didn't get it.... why some people say facebook is bad or dumb. But, then, I guess, what you see on facebook are the friends you have...right? So, maybe its the friend list that can make something interesting or not. I know that, because of facebook, I have found some of my old friends that I thought I'd never see...ever again. We already had one re-union! I mean, I don't know...maybe you'll get it at a certain age? or, perhaps you passed that age when that type of stuff was fun? Cuz, I know, about five years ago....I could care less, and wasn't even really thinking of the people too much of my past. Yet, I have come across some amazing people in my life, and it is just wonderful to have found them once again. My facebook page is usually interesting...yet, there are some friends who basically say the same thing over and over such as....."at work"...and "leaving work"...hehehe...but, when you see them express themselves about something later...it makes it all the more interesting.

MW is a great community for me as well, because I have found new friends from all over the world, and thinkers.....who are willing to talk/discuss/and try to figure out and grow together and just relax and have fun.

Myspace, Uh...to me, I don't like it because too many people send friend request, and you don't even know them...and all they want you to do is reply/give feedback to thier music.

Twitter, I have not tried yet....but, I work at Best Buy, and many of us are going on their as part of our jobs, so, I am thinking about doing it like that. And, perhaps if I go part time at my job again...that may give me more time at home, and I would certainly give it a go..but, right now, MW and facebook got all my computer time......aside from house searching and paying bills.

God's Toy
August 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
...that may give me more time at home, and I would certainly give it a go..but, right now, MW and facebook got all my computer time......aside from house searching and paying bills.

See thats the thing with Twitter (and how I use it anyway) I 'tweet' from my Phone/PDA, laptop, Desktop, MP3 player, Work and more as it's so quick and easy to do and I'm always ready to do a quick one no matter where I am or what I'm doing... , I love that your limited to 140 characters per tweet as your almost done with the tweet as soon as you start it. No putting up with long rants that people don't want to read, no mono-logs about nothing interesting (I find all my friend on Twitter VERY interesting!) and no missing days of your life catching up on everybody's tweets (Well almost true as Mr B and Lorri go nuts on there!) ...

Speaking of rants, I suppose this post is turning into one?... I'll stop here.

Genesis
August 15th, 2009, 02:40 AM

You dont see the appeal in that? It's like a detail oriented person's dream come true! Get with the times, man :D

BlueStar
August 15th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah I thought twitter was a rather pointless thing, and that it was based on 'just eaten a slice of toast' type posts...but in actuality it's just an easy way to converse with your buddies! It's also very easy to access, as I have an app on my iphone for it so I don't have to bother firing up the computer. It's fun. But freakishly addictive.

Mr B
August 15th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I think that originally Twitter wasn't designed for a conversation/chat with friends. It's just a microblogging thing in fact to share what you're up to or doing at the moment. Nothing more nothing less.

That's why i mentioned often enough, if you want to chat open up MSN/Windows Live Messenger (that's where i can be found) or, what i do, use a IRC client/chatprogram. Read carefully, it's not a IRC page that i use on a website or something, it is one of the programs i installed and use to enter a IRC chat channel.

For Windows and Mac Os X it's also available for free called: Xchat.

Anyway, some don't want to do this or go create a MW IRC chat channel and i understand their thoughts about it.

The choice i made is to not use Twitter again at all and you all know why by now. :)

Krash
August 15th, 2009, 06:08 PM
In all honesty, I can see if you are a newspaper or a blogger or something where you can post links there and people can receive them on their phones.

It is just that where I live, it seems so foreign. People never use Twitter here, but in bigger centres they do use it.