PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin's Resignation Letter (Redlined)

Genesis
July 21st, 2009, 10:10 PM
Someone linked this up on facebook of Former Alaskin Governer, Sarah Palin's Resignation letter (http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/features/2009/07/palin-speech-edit-200907?currentPage=1) and it is filled with editors notes, mistakes, and a lack of common sense. Its scary to know this was up for nomination to be the vice-president of the USA....

Read it and weep. Or laugh. I kinda did both.

Cheers,
Gen

Lion Spirit Walker
July 21st, 2009, 10:55 PM
Considering someone like George W. Bush was able to get into office twice, I wasn't to surprised to see her get on the republican ticket.
Personally, I'm glad she's out of office.

Mr. Brightside
July 21st, 2009, 11:02 PM
lol Gen there was so much red on it you could hardly read it :Eeksign: She really was good, half of me was hoping she would be made vice president just for the comedy ;)

I wish I could find the full Tina Fey video that was hilarious :D

Narnia
July 22nd, 2009, 12:08 AM
Oh please .... don't get me started!! *pissed off cat shreak followed by a very nasty hiss in the background*

Oh Gollum, you know how to make me laugh!! :laugh: :thanks: for bringing me back around and staying sane.

Logio
July 22nd, 2009, 12:30 AM
Leaders shouldn't be judged by their ability to write letters; a lot of people I know have an extreme amount of common sense without necessarily knowing good style and form. That being said, I don't really like her.

Mr. Brightside
July 22nd, 2009, 12:53 AM
deserves another run around the block, just for old times sake ;)

NrzXLYA_e6E

Narnia
July 22nd, 2009, 01:03 AM
deserves another run around the block, just for old times sake ;)

NrzXLYA_e6E

OMG!! Simultaneously this is excruciatingly painful to watch and extremely embarassing .... :Eeksign: .... (I can't believe she ever thought she 'had' a chance as VP ... pa-leeze!)

inutero
July 22nd, 2009, 01:35 AM
I think she's a genius. :laugh:

Logio
July 22nd, 2009, 05:08 AM
http://firstfriday.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/biden.jpg

We are so quick to cast aspersions on Palin -- but she wasn't running for president. Are we comparing Palin against Obama or Paling against Biden? Even though I am not a Palin fan, I think Biden has no real force as a politician; he is a veritible yes man for Obama and Nancy Pelosi.
Also, when the s*** hits the fan, don't go blaming the Republican party for our economy getting out of control; but I assume most of the Democratic party will do just that. And really folks, have Democrats ever had the insight to halt unaway lending and stock market scandals? The answer is a catagorical 'No." I think Obama is learning how difficult it is to be able to control outlaw nations without the pressure of going in and taking care of them one way or another.

My lofty opinion.

Nathan

p.s. Feel free to edit my post for its style instead of its content.

bengalfreak
July 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
I see that the Enquirer has run an article on Palin. Apparently she is about to make a voyage to space. There is a picture of her waving with a big smile on her face, a rocket launch pad in the distance. The caption that quotes her reads, "I am excited about seeing Russia from my window!" Just made me laugh.

Narnia
July 22nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
I see that the Enquirer has run an article on Palin. Apparently she is about to make a voyage to space. There is a picture of her waving with a big smile on her face, a rocket launch pad in the distance. The caption that quotes her reads, "I am excited about seeing Russia from my window!" Just made me laugh.

:laugh: ...... :blink: ....... :laugh:

:thanks: for sharing that Gavin!! :yourock:

Logio
July 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM

That is not the end of the story:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/9853/dickcheneyrobotheartwee.jpg

Genesis
July 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
Psyche - Couldnt agree more.

The sad thing about that transcript is that was the official copy. All those mistakes were said on air. These editors only came in later to fix the mistakes.

So while the world now believes someone from Abraham Lincoln's cabinet bought Alaska, we'll forget the fact it was really someone from Andrew Jackson's.

My family has a condition we call MUSSing. To MUSS means Making Up Stuff Syndrome, and it is hard to overcome. It is the belief that even though we dont know the facts, we have this impulsive urge to add some type of detail, minature or big as it might seem just to keep the image that we know everything. Just saying "I Dont Know" is like inserting pins and needles into our eyeballs. And aparently Sarah is a big time MUSSER too.

But regardless of that, if they mess up something as simple as that, god knows what's next.....

Oh well, I pointed out for the sheer volume of how entertaining it really was. All that red would be a nightmare on returning from a graded school report!

Love Peace and Hair Grease,
Gen

Narnia
July 26th, 2009, 07:00 PM
The sad thing about that transcript is that was the official copy. All those mistakes were said on air. These editors only came in later to fix the mistakes.

Oh my - that is beyond sad - I was tricking myself into believing it was a joke all this time! It truly is a good thing she's out of office.

All that red would be a nightmare on returning from a graded school report!

Oh, now that is a scary thought ....

Love Peace and Hair Grease,
Gen

Hair grease? .... :blink: