PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt For Gollum

Mr. Brightside
July 11th, 2009, 09:23 PM
The Hunt For Gollum

http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/

FnMHgwG9aAo

It is amazing what people can up with when they get together, for an amateur production this is fantastic.

"The Hunt for Gollum," made by Lord of the Rings fans for £3000, is a resounding success! It is adapted from material gleaned from the appendices of the world-renowned trilogy, and it covers a short period of time between "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" in which Aragorn searches for Gollum before Sauron's forces can find him.

At 38 minutes, this moody piece is short enough for non-fans to commit to, yet long enough to really linger in your memory. All areas of the film succeed. The cinematography is bleak and beautiful, exquisitely capturing the Middle Earth that we have come to know and love. The costumes are appropriate and elegant. The special effects are convincing, as is even the digital effects work, despite the limited budget. The fight scenes, while not on the level of the trilogy (that would be nigh impossible), are still better than most fight scenes in normal movies. And even the acting, which is often the scourge of all amateur productions, works wonderfully.

Tolkien himself would be proud. This may seem like hyperbole, but I'm being serious. Tolkien always longed to create the great English mythology that his country never got, and with Middle Earth, he did. But the greatest part of a mythology is that others carry it on. Kudos to everyone on this production for doing just that.

This is a great film. Not just for being an amateur production, but for being a film in general. Nobody can match Peter Jackson, but next to some of the tripe that finds wide release in this country, "The Hunt for Gollum" is magnificent. I hope to see everyone involved with this production (and I mean everyone) break out into the film industry in a big way.

Go to the film's official website and watch it now. Being fanmade, you get to see it for free. And it'll only take 40 minutes of your time. Worth it? Definitely! ( from the IMDB website)

Mr. Brightside
July 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Finding the trailer for "The hunt for gollum" I came across this gem wich I remember seeing years agao, hilarious... :D

Warning: It does contains a lot of swearing!

UUNYCGZMtI8

Narnia
July 13th, 2009, 03:20 AM
WOW! That was so cool!! Thank you Sean, for sharing that wonderful fan-made film ... that was awesome ... I wish it was longer!

I love the music ... I am tempted to buy the soundtrack! he-he!