PDA

View Full Version : Awakening - Adyashanti

BlueStar
July 3rd, 2009, 08:46 PM
I have uploaded something to Youtube that I really wanted to share. It is an extract of a radio interview with Adyashanti, who is a brilliant spiritual teacher whose work has had a majorly transformative effect on me. This interview in particular, which is part of a podcast (freely available on iTunes - search for 'conversations with the masters - Adyashanti'), caused a profound shift in me when I heard it. In fact, I have never been the same since.... Enlightenment, awakening suddenly made perfect sense. Adyashanti is a gifted teacher who has an uncanny way of cutting through all dogmas, mental fabrications and mysticism to reach the very heart of what all spiritual teaching attempts to point us toward.

Have a listen (and listen with your full being, not just your mind - this goes so far beyond mind) and see if it triggers anything in you. It's so sublimely simple really. I love it. Enjoy. My gift to you all.

y01lKXw1lLc

Narnia
July 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
:thanks: Rory!

Seeing it - ie 'the real reality' - for how it actually is; is amazingly difficult for so many people, but once one is able to cross that barrier, it is like a light being switched on inside the Universe!

The latter half of the interview is where it really starts to get juicy! COOL! :thanks: again! :giveheart

BlueStar
July 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
:thanks: Rory!

Seeing it - ie 'the real reality' - for how it actually is; is amazingly difficult for so many people, but once one is able to cross that barrier, it is like a light being switched on inside the Universe!

The latter half of the interview is where it really starts to get juicy! COOL! :thanks: again! :giveheart

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

It IS incredibly difficult for us to see reality as it really is without the interference of mind, because of our lifetimes(s) of having related to life through our mental interpretations of it...as Eckhart Tolle sums up the human race: we're "lost in thought". Puncturing that mental bubble and waking up to reality AS IT IS, rather than living in this 'alternate reality' based upon our mental conditioning, isn't something you can manufacture. You might understand it intellectually, but until you're ready it's difficult to actually REALISE. But once you do, it's like a balloon pops. You instantly see through all the mental stories you've been telling yourself and...wow. Like you said, it's like a light gets switched on.

I find Adyashanti an incredibly clear teacher. His words cut through illusions like a knife through butter. Each time I listen to the above interview I can literally feel layers upon layers of ego dissolving and burning up. I get this incredible sense of spaciousness, aliveness and freedom. I can no longer identify with being 'this' or 'that'...I simply AM. Afterwards, of course, because this realisation isn't yet stabilised,the old mind and ego patterns (or 'vasanas' - mental tendencies/conditioning) arise and seek to reassert control. The mental stories and interpretations come back. It takes patience and diligence to keep waking up and seeing through them...again and again until the tipping point is achieved as full realisation is stabilised. That's when the little self finally merges into the greater Self.

Spiritual teachings are nothing more than pointers. Some pointers resonate more with some than others. Some pointers are simply clearer while others are a little more muddled. 'The direct path' of nondualism, as taught by Ramana Maharshi, Adyashanti and many others is powerful stuff. It's not for everyone, but for those that are ready and open, it can really really wake you up and quickly.:Hbounce

BlueStar
July 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I'm going to tend this thread like a garden, as I've been meaning to share some of my favourite teachings and teachers for anyone that might not have heard of them.

I can't recommend Adyashanti's work enough and have found it helpful beyond words. There are numerous great Adyashanti videos on youtube in which you can grasp the essence of his teachings, which spring from a background of Zen and Advaita but which are very universal in scope. He has a remarkable way of demystifying things and expressing truth in a powerfully clear and lucid manner.

Here's a great one, called 'chasing enlightenment', and the blurb reads: "The "you" who is chasing enlightenment will never become enlightened. Instead of striving towards some distant goal that you will never reach, Adyashanti invites you to stop and ask: How am I avoiding the enlightenment that is already present in each moment? How am I seeing separation where it doesn't exist?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WpUuNN-BLw&feature=related

I would also like to recommend his book/CD 'True Meditation' which can also be downloaded as an audiobook on iTunes. It's a wonderful and different approach to meditation and in the 18 months I've practised it I've found it more transformative of 15 years of various other techniques. There is no such thing as a bad meditation technique, but many are aimed at simply achieving calm and quiet as opposed to spiritual awakening. What's different about Adyashanti's technique is that it is not about manipulating your experience in any way, but simply allowing everything to be as it is, and not trying to achieve any particular end-state. That might sound like a recipe for getting lost in meandering thoughts, but in practise it is remarkably powerful and ridiculously simple as well! The added element of meditative self enquiry is what Ramana Maharshi spoke of as the 'direct path' to enlightenment.

Rana
July 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Thankyou for this gift .. :two hearts:

BlueStar
July 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Thankyou for this gift .. :two hearts:

You're very welcome my friend. I love sharing things that have helped me in the hope they can inspire others. :)

planetlove
July 23rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
thanks for this post ...
V

BlueStar
July 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Aww you're welcome my friend :)