PDA

View Full Version : The real Crop Circle culprits

Mr. Brightside
June 26th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Spaceships, Gods, Signs from above? ....Nah its just wallabies and sheep raving in the fields :D

Oz Crop Circles Blamed On 'High' Wallabies (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Wallabies-On-Opium-Damaging-Poppy-Crops-In-Australia-Tasmania-Attorney-General-Lara-Giddings-Says/Article/200906415319584?lpos=World_News_First_Strange_News__Article_Teaser_Reg ion__0&lid=ARTICLE_15319584_Wallabies_On_Opium_Damaging_Poppy_Crops_In_Austra lia%2C_Tasmania_Attorney_General_Lara_Giddings_Says)

Wallabies are getting high on opium from poppy fields and flattening crops, an Australian official has said.

Wallabies are creating chaos in the pharmaceutical poppy industry

The marsupials have been snacking on poppies growing in fields in Tasmania, the world's largest producer of legally-grown optium for medicines.

Afterwards, they hop round in circles before crashing on top of the crops and trampling them to the ground.

State attorney general Lara Giddings told a parliamentary hearing: "We have a problem with wallabies entering poppy fields, getting as high as a kite and going around in circles.

"Then they crash. We see crop circles in the poppy industry from wallabies that are high."

Other animals, including deer and sheep, have also been seen "acting weird" after eating the poppy plants, according to an opium industry spokesman.

"There have been many stories about sheep that have eaten some of the poppies after harvesting and they all walk around in circles," Rick Rockliff said.

Tasmania has around 500 farms which supply about 50% of the world's raw material for morphine and other related opiates.

Kiran
June 26th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Aahh Sean...we missed your humour around here and your wisdom!!! Welcome home honey and would you believe, I had en email draft to send you today...and here you are!! You were in my thoughts all day yesterday!!
Glad to have you back!!:two hearts:

Mr. Brightside
June 26th, 2009, 10:12 AM
The power of thought eh Lorri ;), I have missed you all too, hope everybody is fine and dandy :)

Kiran
June 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yep...it can create miracles!!!:girl_yes3 (1):

BlueStar
June 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Hey Sean, it's awesome to see you back!!!! :Hbounce:yourock: That story made me smile as well - those are the kind of news stories I like! Drugged up wallabies....that is a new one!

God's Toy
June 26th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Darn pesky stoned wallabies, what are they like pertending to be invaders from beyond the moon!

:Eeksign:

MystEerieUsOne
June 26th, 2009, 05:17 PM
If they are walking around in circles it means half of their brain is being disengaged.

Sounds about right/"sounds about right." :blink: In humans, it's called "Neglect Syndrome."

As for crop circles, it seems the simplest ones have the most complex explanations, while the most complex ones have the simplest explanations. :)

Rana
June 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
ohh man that is a funny thing ..:laugh:when i came to Australia there was a show "skippy" he was a kangaroo that hung out with the local kids and they'd go on adventures and the kids could sort of translate for skippy thru the show with things like "whats that skip ,the man is hiding in the cave with the stolen goods" .. you know what comes next yeah ..imagine this episode "whats that skip .the scientists think the aliens came and made them crop circles in that paddock but it was you who ate too many poppy's and it made you crazy and you ran around in circles "

geez ..the things i get stuck in my head ..thanks for this funny thing xx

Narnia
July 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Darn pesky stoned wallabies, what are they like pertending to be invaders from beyond the moon!

:Eeksign:

*I realize I am a bit late in responding here ..... but*

I couldn't help myself - :laugh: - I almost woke-up Paul by laughing out loud! Opps ... Shhh! ................. :laugh: *No! SHH!* .............. :laugh:

Thanks for the laughs!