PDA

View Full Version : www.Bing.com! is it a Google killer?

God's Toy
June 5th, 2009, 06:04 PM
OK so we know the world and it's dog knows google right?
And many of us know that the internet has sooooooooo many more search engines some good and some well not so good.

Knowing this and wanting bigger and better things the big boys at Microsoft have just launched www.Bing.com (http://www.Bing.com)
It's a re branding of live.com and with a little time 'could' be as powerful as the big G...

So anyway as the main page is very clean looking and has a very handy 'related searches' on the left hand side of the serch page and uses a nice pic(s) of a Lighthouse, whales and more. For this and more I'm popping this into my favorites page and recommending it to you.

So now you know.

:signsHF:

Rana
June 21st, 2009, 12:15 PM
ohhh thanks for the info ,my computer automatically put that on somehow ..i wondered why my google looked that way and with the word bing ..thanks peter :laugh:

BlueStar
June 21st, 2009, 07:20 PM
I love the name 'Bing' for some reason...if I ever had a kid I'd have to call it Bing! :laugh: And I love the image....hmmm, for me google is just synonymous with internet search engines, but it had better watch itself. I like pretty pictures more than mostly blank screens ;)

Logio
June 21st, 2009, 07:45 PM
I think Microsoft is a rather pompous entity; any changes they make, Google will also create -- Sort of like the difference between Coke and Pepsi....except, search engines cannot be compared to these established soft drinks. The only challenge I can see is people actually being able to find information faster and better - this task seem almost pointless because of the herculean effort to create what people are actually looking for - which no one can really guess.
Of course there are two schools of thought along with two types of people; mainly that it is good to take down an entity that has ruled a certain market niche for so many years - and there are others who are used to Google and will continue utilized it as the faithful search engine it has always been.

My lofty opinion. LOL. :gathering:

messickc
June 25th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I came, I saw, I tried, I went back to Google.

Now, wolfram Alpha. That is a different kind of search engine (it really isn't a search engine in the traditional sense):
http://www.wolframalpha.com/index.html

For those of you, like me, who are math geeks this is brought to you by the same people that create Mathematica, and the ever-so-wonderful mathworld.wolfram.com website.