PDA

View Full Version : The Pc/Console Games Thread

Mr B
June 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
The title, I think, speaks for itself. If you're into gaming, may it be Pc, XboX 360, PS 2, PS 3 or another gaming console and you have games that you would recommend or just love to bits and want to share it with us, please feel free to post it in here.

So lets get the ball rolling....... :D

I am one of those who loves to play games like Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and sometimes The Lord of The Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth II. So, most of the time games with ancient history, magic, mixed with action, mystical creatures and stuff like that.

I recently bought the trilogy pack of Prince of Persia for my PS 2 console for a cheap price and today I grabbed myself a copy of the "new" Prince of Persia for my XboX 360, also for a cheap price at our local toystore.

From what I've seen on the internet the new Prince of Persia looks amazing compared to the older series on the PS 2. So tonight I'll be starting to play it for the first time and I'm excited about it.

For those who have not seen the "new" or say 2008 one yet, take a look here:

http://prince-of-persia.uk.ubi.com/index.php?page=home

I hope it's okay to post the link to the official gamesite, if not just let me know.

patrik.
June 4th, 2009, 09:02 PM
I'm sure you'll love it! I had some problems in the beginning with the controls, felt like the game went a bit too slow but now it's def one of the best games for my 360.

You do know about E3 in LA at the moment right? If not, check www.gametrailers.com for a lot of new games to arrive this year or later. The Natal control for 360 looks amazing ... and yes, yes, yes, there is an Assassin's Creed 2 coming this fall. I so wish fall was now. ^_^

God's Toy
June 4th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Ah a good thread idea!

As for E3, it's a dream of mine to get to one of those.

Many good games over the last 12 months, if I had to pick one it would be the new Half Life episodes, (part of the Orange box collection, if your new to half life) I was hooked from the start.

Game I'm most looking forward too is Bioshock 2 ! loved the first one.

Mr B
June 4th, 2009, 09:21 PM
I'm sure you'll love it! I had some problems in the beginning with the controls, felt like the game went a bit too slow but now it's def one of the best games for my 360.

You do know about E3 in LA at the moment right? If not, check www.gametrailers.com for a lot of new games to arrive this year or later. The Natal control for 360 looks amazing ... and yes, yes, yes, there is an Assassin's Creed 2 coming this fall. I so wish fall was now. ^_^

Cool stuff my friend, thanks for the link. :) By the way, I'll be diving into the new Prince of Persia in a hour or two, let's see how it is. Especially since you mentioned that i'm gonna love it. :D Will keep you updated.

Mr B
June 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Okay, i started to play the "new" PoP last night for a couple of hours straight. Gotta say that i'm hooked on it. :D
The way they did it this time is great and it looks like a 3D animated serie, really amazing. Even the conversations between the Prince and Elika that the player can start during the game are great and i believe it's done on purpose to show us again how react on each other in real life. This means, from my point of view, be gentle, talk calm/(be) polite, make funny jokes to break the ice and forget about the trouble that's ahead. Another message that's present through the whole game and is important in real life too is to work together to achieve greater goals.

Anyway, i'm not gonna tell all the details here but i would recommend this game to anyone who loves to play fantasy games filled with magic, action, puzzles, strange dark creatures from the underworld and beautiful detailed environments. Not to forget, the Prince isn't a hack and slash type of a barbarian here like in the previous games but rather a funny, gentle guy who unfortunally get's involved into events, forced to help a total stranger who by accident runs into his life. The mysterious woman: Elika. Together they will have to save the world from eternal darkness and corruption, making it a beautiful place again.

Great story, funny cutscenes and conversations through the game make it complete. Gonna dive into it again now. :D

Mr B
June 5th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Ah a good thread idea!

As for E3, it's a dream of mine to get to one of those.

Many good games over the last 12 months, if I had to pick one it would be the new Half Life episodes, (part of the Orange box collection, if your new to half life) I was hooked from the start.

Game I'm most looking forward too is Bioshock 2 ! loved the first one.

Thanks Peter. :)

In the past i was hooked on games and loved to play 3d shooters, it started when i bought a Sega gaming console and the game Bloodsport, years later i got myself a PS 1 or say PSX, that came with the game Aliens Trilogy. Then came the first Tomb Raider which changed it all and been collection them ever since. The last one, "Underworld, is also amazing.

I also had a Nintendo 64 just to play Zelda, this was the change in my life and got hooked on fantasy worlds with magic, action and so on. Then came the PS 2 and got one right away. Now all i have is the PS 2 (the slim version) , the XboX (which i don't use anymore) and the XboX 360.

All i'm looking out for are games, as i told in my first post, that have magic and stuff in it. Games like Half Life, Halo and so on are not my type of games anymore, the interest in it faded away somehow.

Anyway, it's great to share the experience in gaming with you guys and i hope we can keep it up and continue this thread by recommending other great games. I'll be looking forward to your posts. ;)

Kiran
June 5th, 2009, 03:02 PM
All i'm looking out for are games, as i told in my first post, that have magic and stuff in it.

Now I don't play games but you are now talking my kind of game MQ!!!(If I knew how to play 'em!! lol) ;) girl_witch

Mr B
April 16th, 2010, 12:30 PM
This game has been around for a while but i just heard of it. After watching some trailers on the website i decided to buy it myself. An alltime hero rises again and i'm totally hooked on it.

Here's Batman: Arkham Asylum:

http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/start

http://img.game.co.uk/ml/3/3/9/5/339529ps_500h.jpg

Lion Spirit Walker
April 17th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Love the thread. Sorry I'm only catching up to it now.
I have three favorite PS2 games; God Of War, God Of War II, and Godzilla Unleashed.
Yes, I realize the last one may make some of you chuckle. I chuckle myself. But I'm a Godzilla nut, what can I say.

Mr B
April 17th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Why say "Sorry"? You're not forced by anyone to follow or catch it up. So leave the "sorry" behind, there's really no need to say that. You're free to do what you love to do in your life. :)

Anyway......

Everybody has something or say, some things that he or she is a fan of or loves. For me it's Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Batman. Hey.... in the past i loved Zelda to bits.
I've always been a Batman fan and i gotta tell you that people laught about it and pointed fingers at me way back in the time at school. So what, i just let them be for what they were..

A bit back ontopic:

I so hope that i can play the Batman game tonight for a couple of hours. Cant' wait because i really need a break for now and do my stuff!!! hehehehe

God's Toy
April 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
HA! you know me I love a good game! Be that on the Xbox 360 or on GTi5 (Name I've given to the new quad core Direct-X 11 Gaming monster Computer I just built)

Have a few games I'm loving right now and if I'm not under the hood here I'm playing them there!

First up is a Rally game (I do love car games!) Dirt 2 is a fantastic game and I've not been able to put it down from the time I got it.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVqkPxykqpA&feature=channel
______________________________________________________________________ _________________

Bioshock 2 is a very welcome return to the under water city of Rapture. I loved the first game and am enjoying this no end.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxKfhSHsMx0
______________________________________________________________________ ______

Who you gonna call? Yep thats right! GHOST BUSTERS! they have released the games after many many years of the fans asking for it!
Each of the actors who portrayed the Ghostbusters in the films, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson, lent their voices and likenesses to the in-game characters.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyVGSGynYpg
______________________________________________________________________ _______

And last is Fallout 3:, Yes it's a few years old now but I'm still loving to roam the waste lands and seeing what I can find.
The Games takes place in the year 2277, after the nuclear apocalypse that devastated the everything you survive and have to face the runes on your own, or so you think...

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYZpR51XgW0
______________________________________________________________________ ________

God's Toy
April 18th, 2010, 03:03 PM
You gotta love this. (No REALLY you will!) Gaming Meets Real life...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVU-YLpM8A&feature=player_embedded

Mr B
April 18th, 2010, 10:57 PM
:laugh :laugh3: Hehehe.... good one.

Will look out for GB by the way, looks cool! :)

Mr. Brightside
April 19th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I used to be a complete game nut but given them a rest for a few years... but at christmas i got myself a 360, which apart from being a pretty cool multimedia machine on its own... I love the fact you can add a normal hard drive to it or stream to it from my PC to it and watch divx movies, play music and photos It is after all a games machine so after playing a couple of excellent games Call of Duty Modern Warfare (which I loved) , Fifa and GTA what games have I missed that I should check out..

I like the FPS type games and Adventure/puzzle games

one game I did buy was Tomb Raider underworld but it annoyed me so much that there was a bug in it that I wasnt aware of and spent ages trying to get past a certain point only to read online that it was impossible and you had to go back and do a big chunk again in a certain order.. I give up on it..

I was going to buy Farcry 2 this morning dirt cheap but wasnt sure if it is any good (I had never played Farcry 1)

Fallout 3 looks amazing, never played any of these either (I know I am behind the times ;) love that trailer lol, i will stick that on my list. There are so many of these shoot em up games now it makes my head spin.

So any recommendations for the 360 seeing as I have not played games for years so there must be some fantastic game out there I need to check out?

Mr. Brightside
April 19th, 2010, 03:59 PM

funniest thing I seen in ages lol.. cheers for that

the noise the girl makes.... the wowowowow sound..... is going to come to mind everytime my girlfriend starts winging at me for something lol

Samael
May 5th, 2010, 12:32 AM
LOVE IT ! Can't wait for Part 2 in August ! LOVE IT LOVE !

Narnia
May 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM

Oh my god that is SO funny .... my throat hurts from laughing so much .... Peter - that is just so awesome ... thank you for sharing!! :D

Samael
May 5th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Arkham Asylum 2

Mr. Brightside
September 15th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Im just catching up on a lot of games

Just finished the first Bioshock, (I know, late to the table as usual) I have played lots of these FPS shooters over the years but this was the best yet, It completley immerses you into the underwater Blade Runner esque world with a great moralistic storyline and one which twists and turns a bit to keep you hooked and fired up (I wonder if the whole game changes if I decide to harvest the little sisters instead of rescuing them???...may try that one day) The 40s/50s music score really creates a surreal enviroment, Hunting for Mr big armed with the kind of weaponry the army could only dream about with Danny Boy blaring in the background was kind of a surreal experience... Best game I have played in years...

http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/games/uploaded_images/54500-2-759961.jpg

I have ordered Bioshock 2 which looks just as good..

Until that comes its onto Farcry wonder if this is as good as everybody says

Mr. Brightside
September 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I love the fact they have remade the classics Monkey Island 1 and 2 complete with shiny new HD graphics, interface and voice overs.. I discovered it by accident on Xbox live and after playing the demo it looks fantastic. Good games never die they just get re-invented

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrNLKNvY2wM&feature=related

Guybrush: I’m looking for 30 dead guys and one woman.
Cannibal: I don’t think I want to hear any more about it.

Narnia
September 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM
So, that's where you got your EMB username ... always wondered where 'Guybrush' came from ... cool!! :)

Mr. Brightside
September 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM
So, that's where you got your EMB username ... always wondered where 'Guybrush' came from ... cool!! :)

yeah it was a bit wacky, it was a bit of nightmare when I had to type it in to log in now and again ;)

God's Toy
September 15th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Im just catching up on a lot of games

Just finished the first Bioshock, (I know, late to the table as usual) I have played lots of these FPS shooters over the years but this was the best yet, It completley immerses you into the underwater Blade Runner esque world with a great moralistic storyline and one which twists and turns a bit to keep you hooked and fired up (I wonder if the whole game changes if I decide to harvest the little sisters instead of rescuing them???...may try that one day) The 40s/50s music score really creates a surreal enviroment, Hunting for Mr big armed with the kind of weaponry the army could only dream about with Danny Boy blaring in the background was kind of a surreal experience... Best game I have played in years...

http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/games/uploaded_images/54500-2-759961.jpg

I have ordered Bioshock 2 which looks just as good..

Until that comes its onto Farcry wonder if this is as good as everybody says

Your going to enjoy Bioshock 2 just as much! You get to see the world from the big daddy's point of view and you understand why they call you Daddy. Really lovely and sad story line too and not forgetting the city is getting worse than ever as it decays around you.

For me I'm waiting on two new games.

I cant wait for the new Fallout game 'New Vegas'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkbsI16HmF0

...And not forgetting: Test Drive Unlimited 2 The best free roaming car game ever made! (A whole 6000 miles of road to drive in a fully open world)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkrUnTSby8s

Mr. Brightside
September 16th, 2010, 10:24 PM
That Test drive game does look good, I could do with a good racing game :)

God's Toy
September 16th, 2010, 10:43 PM
It is, its a fully free roaming world were you can have 1000's of other users as racers to drive with or just go it alone. Game is simple, drive, win, buy cars/places to live/ bigger faster cars... or just do what i loved to do and just drive every single road and see every vista, every sunset and every hidden easter egg. .

The mapping data is real so you can learn your way around the real island and from just the game...kinda nuts.

I have requested a place on the beta testing team for Test Drive Unlimited 2, places are limited so we will see.

Mr. Brightside
September 16th, 2010, 11:05 PM
... or just do what i loved to do and just drive every single road and see every vista, every sunset and every hidden easter egg. .

yeah I like to do that also especially if you can choose your own music to listen to :)

The polished HD graphics in games are amazing these days, I was playing Farcry yesterday and was so engrossed with looking at the scenery I kept getting killed lol. I want to live in a hut on that island ;)

God's Toy
September 16th, 2010, 11:15 PM
ah yes i loved Farcry, well the first one on the pc and the xbox one too.. number two was a huge let down as it was only the name they used, it was a new game nothing to do with the first.

but yea the Crytec engine fc runs on is fantasic. i also love games that run on the Unreal game engine too.

Jester Black
September 17th, 2010, 05:34 PM
I just finished Starcraft II in brutal mode. It was exactly that...brutal. Post traumatic stress syndrome has settled in and im twitching lol

about 90% through Final Fantasy XIII

Also finishing up The Witcher, one of the best RPGs Ive ever played

Im into RPGs and real time strategy. But Im not an obsessive gamer by any stretch

Lion Spirit Walker
September 28th, 2010, 05:24 AM
If you enjoy the 'old style' [lol. just sounds funny saying that] of games such as Risk or Monopoly or even a good game of poker, you might want to check out Pogo. They have a wide variety of online games.
Just kicked butt in a game of Risk. I love world conquest as long as we keep it to the virtual board games. lol. ;)

Mr. Brightside
September 28th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Your going to enjoy Bioshock 2 just as much! You get to see the world from the big daddy's point of view and you understand why they call you Daddy. Really lovely and sad story line too and not forgetting the city is getting worse than ever as it decays around you.

About half way through it now its certainly living up to your billing, An amazing game, Loving all the new weapons, plasma upgrades and areas to explore :)

about 90% through Final Fantasy XIII

I have only played FF7 and although at the time I though it was an amazing game I have not got around to playing any more but I will one day. I have Elder Scrolls Oblivion, I started to play it, it looks and plays fantastic, (gorgeous graphics) It will be one for the long winter nights I reckon :)

Lion Spirit Walker
October 9th, 2010, 02:23 AM
??? Do any of you ever get annoyed at the constant changes and lack of compatability with the gaming systems.
It's unreal how many changes have and continue to occur since the first nintendo unit I purchased years ago.
When PS3 was first announced I thought 'Nope. No more of this crap.' LOL. Pardon my language.
But now I find myself thinking hmmm, maybe. Especially after the announced the release of GOW for it.
Okay. finished blowing steam. LOL.

God's Toy
October 9th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I think it's a good thing, for me I'm more a PC gamer than a console man as I can just upgrade my PC's GFX card to upgrade to the next level and not have to buy a new console (and controllers +more) . Plus PC can push graphics way beyond anything that any console can do.
Having said that I do enjoy Xbox, 360 and Xbox live, I've had one from the first day it was out and still enjoy many games on it.

With every new console we get a huge push forward in so many ways and it's not always possible to provide backward compatibility... or you can be really sneaky like Sony and disable backward compatibility only to sell you a 'device' that re-enables it for you... Yea thanks guys...
With Xbox Konnect and Sony's Move just out in the stores I don't think we will be seeing new consoles for a few years yet.

Update: my application to become a Beta tester for the new TestDrive Unlimited 2 has been accepted! Download now :)

Lion Spirit Walker
October 10th, 2010, 02:06 AM
Certainly sounds reasonable to me.
LOL. I was just thinking about going to the theater with my girl friend who's mother was with us (we were very young), and the two of us playing 'Pong'. Lol.
Everything changes. ;)

Samael
November 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
I just finished playing Force Unleashed II and I LOVED IT, but it was toooo short.. I also hoped they would include a bit more story and task finishing like we had in now very old Knights of The Old Republic I and II.. Booth games I LOVED ! I know that KOTOR is now a MMO, but I don't like that sort of games, not very happy about that..

What I think its interesting is that FU II is ported A LOT better then the first game ! I will check out Sith Edition soon as well :)