PDA

View Full Version : Sunny weather

Kiran
June 2nd, 2009, 03:01 PM
I know I know it seems like I am putting a damper on things but here in Ireland we are having a mini heatwave! While it is great to have this weather, it is a timely reminder to ask everyone to cover up and put on plenty of sunscreen, drink plenty of fluid and eat light meals.
Be well people and enjoy the weather no matter where you are but be safe too.
HUGS

Rana
June 25th, 2009, 01:31 PM
thankyou lorri as they say in Australia "slip slop slap " slip on a hat, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat ..

Kiran
June 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM
thankyou lorri as they say in Australia "slip slop slap " slip on a hat, slop on sunscreen and slap on a hat ..

Couldn't agree with you more honey!!!

Spirit~Sista
June 26th, 2009, 02:51 AM
haaa yes that is a great aussie saying.i was just saying it to my son here the other day .....bit late for me tho...this aussie girl's skin is starting to pay for her aussie beach days....;)

time to for me to start getting those facials more regularly...:)

and Ireland! glad you are having some lovely weather (((crystallorri))) ..i hope to visit your country one day....i have not met anyone yet who didn't enjoy it.....*S*

Kiran
June 26th, 2009, 08:25 AM
haaa yes that is a great aussie saying.i was just saying it to my son here the other day .....bit late for me tho...this aussie girl's skin is starting to pay for her aussie beach days....;)

time to for me to start getting those facials more regularly...:)

and Ireland! glad you are having some lovely weather (((crystallorri))) ..i hope to visit your country one day....i have not met anyone yet who didn't enjoy it.....*S*

Oh yes...when we get good weather here it is as good as being on mainland Europe!! Well let us know if you make it over here....we'll have to show you some sights!! And yours is a country Martin and I would love to visit too....oh well...one day maybe...if it is meant to be!!

Rana
June 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Lorri if you're ever in Australia youll have to come down the surfcoast on your travels and see us !

Narnia
June 28th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Here in CT ... for the last month or so ... we've been having nothing, but clouds, rain, cool air and fog ... I don't mind one bit because I was born and raised in the second rainiest city in the US, Pittsburgh, but recently when the Sun does come out to play with the birds and grass ... it is absolutely stunning - the light is so magical and it almost feels protective ... the other evening the light was so golden after a nice thunderstorm ... *he-he* there was a double rainbow and everything seemed to have been passionately kissed by the Sun.

I LOVE the Sun!! :)

Kiran
June 28th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Lorri if you're ever in Australia youll have to come down the surfcoast on your travels and see us !

That would have been top of my list Rana!!! In case you didn't know...lol ;)

Genesis
June 29th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Heatwaves..They're evil arnt they? Adleast yours will end.

I suffered most of my life with them all year round.
LOL.

Kiran
June 29th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Well I have to say its a nice respite for us Gen!! The one thing we get a lot of is rain...while it is what makes Ireland the Emerald Isle...it also gets a little wearing when one wet season goes into the next with just a change of temperature!!

Genesis
June 29th, 2009, 07:22 PM
It's interesting the difference in Rain and weather since coming up north. Back home, the storms were scary. I guess it doesnt help that I lived in the lightning and hurricane capital of the world. Here, they just are. I like it.
I heard a report that between May-Middle June, it rained nearly 48 days. Insane.

Were pretty much getting the same stream of storms, Polly, and I know what you mean about the other day with that amazing sky. I was stuck in grid locked traffic with Moby setting the perfect soundtrack. There was a piece of a rainbow hiding inbetween breaking clouds and dancing heat lightning... amazing. Each way you turned, the sky seemed to have a different story...