PDA

View Full Version : My First Article For The Examiner

Logio
May 25th, 2009, 07:59 AM
I have begun writing for an e-zine called Examiner.com. Here is my first article on a Country Band:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-11801-Phoenix-Country-Music-Examiner~y2009m5d24-Country-Comes-to-Town

-Nathan

Kiran
May 25th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Well written Nathan and thanks for sharing honey ;)

SoulChild
May 25th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Wow, thats great Nathan! I am so happy for you! Great job!!! :yourock:

Lion Spirit Walker
May 26th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Well done. Well done. ;)

Logio
May 26th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks y'all. Gee, writing is harder than I thought. Oh, well. Maybe this will give me some good practice.

Nathan

Narnia
May 27th, 2009, 12:32 AM
he-he! .. I went on to read your other article as well! Nice job on both Nathan ... a slap on the back to you for a job well done! :)

I couldn't help, but notice your use of the word 'alchemy' in both articles ... do I detect a little enigmatic influence there? :)

:yourock:

inutero
May 27th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Really Awesome Nate!! Keep it up dude.

Logio
May 27th, 2009, 07:27 AM
awww, you guys are sweet. You didn't even mention the couple of typos I had. I love you, even though you are mostly likely a bit biased. LOL!

Thanks again, my friends.

Nate

Narnia
May 27th, 2009, 03:41 PM
... You didn't even mention the couple of typos I had ...

Your ability to play with words, makes the slightest of typos to go unnoticed as typos ... if it was a mistake then it was not seen as a mistake and that is good. :)

God's Toy
May 27th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks y'all. Gee, writing is harder than I thought. Oh, well. Maybe this will give me some good practice.

Nathan
You do a wionderful job here nate, just go with the folw and your fine.

Rana
May 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Awesome !! keep it up mate ..:yourock:

Logio
May 30th, 2009, 07:03 AM
I couldn't help, but notice your use of the word 'alchemy' in both articles ... do I detect a little enigmatic influence there? :)

:yourock:

Polly, I can't get anything past you! LOL!

Awesome !! keep it up mate ..:yourock:

Thanks, my friend. :)

Krash
June 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
Bloody hell! (Aussie makes a cameo)

Freaking copycat anyways! Well I don't write about country bands though. We have a bluegrass festival every summer, so we do that instead.

First you decide to follow me as a mod.... and now this.

:laugh: Congrats Nathan!

Logio
June 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM
Bloody hell! (Aussie makes a cameo)

Freaking copycat anyways! Well I don't write about country bands though. We have a bluegrass festival every summer, so we do that instead.

First you decide to follow me as a mod.... and now this.

:laugh: Congrats Nathan!

Thanks! I think Australia and Arizona have a lot in common. I want to one day visit "the land down under."

Nate

Krash
June 3rd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Thanks! I think Australia and Arizona have a lot in common. I want to one day visit "the land down under."

Nate

Crikey!

You would be mistaken, mate!
www.caledoniacourier.com
Hope that helps!

messickc
June 4th, 2009, 07:13 AM
awww, you guys are sweet. You didn't even mention the couple of typos I had. I love you, even though you are mostly likely a bit biased. LOL!

Thanks again, my friends.

Nate

Well, in that case, I thought it sucked!

haha just kidding. No Bias here. It was good! You are right about one thing. Writing is hard. I was always told I was good at it, but I HATED doing it. I'll have to find my 5 page persuasive essay on why one should use a paperclip instead of a staple. It was clever, I'll admit, but was a PAIN IN THE ARSE to write!

messickc
June 4th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Crikey!

You would be mistaken, mate!
www.caledoniacourier.com
Hope that helps!

They're both pretty much all desert.. what more can one want?

Australia: Plus five for the kangaroos, wallabees, didgeridoos, boomerangs, and Uluru. Minus two for inventing Vegemite.
Arizona: Minus one for harboring John "Wallnuts" McCain.

Krash
June 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM
That wasn't what I was refering too...

Nate didn't seem to remember me... I was just being silly anyway!

I think it is awesome, and Nathan deserves all the praise he is getting.

Logio
June 4th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I don't really need praise for being a good writer - I know that I have a long way to go. I think I wanted only the praise lavished upon me for actually being able to have written something - I'm sure the man who writes the stuff on soup cans feels the same way...well at least for his first can. LOL!

messickc
June 9th, 2009, 05:16 AM
That wasn't what I was refering too...

Nate didn't seem to remember me... I was just being silly anyway!

I think it is awesome, and Nathan deserves all the praise he is getting.

Dangit, Rick! (You are Rick/Pax/AE/Scottie McDuff, right? LMAO) I thought that was you doing your Aussie Echo thing again, but wasn't entirely sure...

I was just being silly as well. Well that is except for the minus two on the vegemite! I'm horribly serious about that one! :D

[Edit]
You live in BC? I always pictured you living in Eastern Canada-- Ontario or Labrador or something maritimey, for some reason. anyway...

Krash
June 9th, 2009, 06:03 AM
I figured you had me all figured out. Maybe you joined after the others ratted me out. P Peter:laugh:

I agree with you on the Vegimite. I picked Krash because the day I joined was shortly after I 'krashed' my pickup truck. I was wanting to be in the background anyways. I have posted more in this thread then since this forum has opened! I never meant to be a full fledged member here or on the EMF (Unbelievable - OH).
waacof2saZw

After I retired, I wanted to devote my life to other things. I enjoyed what I did on the EMB, but it was time to move on. And I am thankful that all involved here (especially Peter) and the 80's English rap band over there understood that. I don't think Onur saw that when he came up with that name! LOL

So there ya go. Just hanging, checkin' in every now and then.

Poor Nathan, we stole his thread. I hope there are no moderators around...

When does the next one come out, Nate?

I am from BC. No way am I from Eastern Canada. Although, I do have a lot of family back there as that is where my family started life in Canada, many moons ago.

Narnia
June 9th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Poor Nathan, we stole his thread. I hope there are no moderators around...

Yeah ... we're around here "Just hanging, checkin' in every now and then" and by the looks of it - you better watch it there minster or you may end up getting banned!!

:laugh: j/k! ...................................................................... ..................................................... Okay back on topic!

messickc
June 10th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah ... we're around here "Just hanging, checkin' in every now and then" and by the looks of it - you better watch it there minster or you may end up getting banned!!!

Meh... banned, schmanned. Surely he's used to that by now.

:laugh3::rofl:

Kidding ya' Rick!:yourock:

Back on Topic to legitimize this post so I don't get banned:
Nathan, are you a regular columnist or was this just a one-off thing?