PDA

View Full Version : The Interpretation of Dreams

MystEerieUsOne
May 4th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Have any really interesting or nagging dreams lately?

Are there any that persist in repeating and pestering you, trying to tell you something moreso than others?

:)

Kiran
May 5th, 2009, 08:13 AM
I get them occassionally...usually a timely reminder of something I need to do or know. Usually these are hurried and time is a big factor which is why I now know the meaning :)

Narnia
July 23rd, 2009, 04:00 PM
I have been told that in dreams - everyone and or anyone you ever dream about is a reflection of you and that it is not an accurate interpretation of the actual person - that the actions of that person(s) is only what you want/desire/fear, etc. I am just wondering is this true?

*Hsigh* .... sometimes I wish I wouldn't have such wonderful dreams so often or perhaps I should say, I wish I couldn't remember my dreams so vividly - it is sometimes disappointing almost painful to wake-up to the reality that it was only a dream and will forever stay a dream .... oh well .... at least I dreamed it, right?

Don't mind me - I am just contemplating ... *as usual* ;)

Kiran
July 23rd, 2009, 05:22 PM
It depends on the dream, the person, what were the circumstances etc Polly. Dreams can foretell, warn, reflect, teach...all manner of things.
And dreams can often be that...dreams of what we wish for....without those, what would we strive for??

HUGS:two hearts:

Narnia
July 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
It depends on the dream, the person, what were the circumstances etc Polly. Dreams can foretell, warn, reflect, teach...all manner of things.
And dreams can often be that...dreams of what we wish for....without those, what would we strive for??

Yes, it does depend on many things.

Recently, I have been having dreams where an immense amount of love is being shared for the first time - like a Sun rising on a new land or taking the first steps in a new adventure.

Thank you for your response dear Lorri! :)

Kiran
July 23rd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Hmm...and the more you open up and grow Polly...the more of this you will share and sense and experience :)
It is amazing to experience isn't it??
HUGS

Narnia
July 23rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Recently, I have been having dreams where an immense amount of love is being shared for the first time

This 'first time' bit I mentioned .... It's not the first time ever for me to have had this experience in my dreams before, but rather this particular exchange of love which is happening in this dream is for the first time ... one that seems very natural. :)

And *of course* what is really weird .... is *yep you guessed it* I have had this dream before ... many years ago. *Hm? - she shakes her head a little* I have been having a lot of repeated and or contiuing dreams recently.

Kiran
July 23rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
:two hearts:Usually repeated or recurring dreams are because we are not always picking up on what we are being shown....sound slike a beautiful dream though honey :) :two hearts:

Narnia
July 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
:two hearts:Usually repeated or recurring dreams are because we are not always picking up on what we are being shown....sound slike a beautiful dream though honey :) :two hearts:

It really is ... and you're in it too ... which by the way I still need to send you that PM about it ... I am still remembering how it went! :)

Kiran
July 23rd, 2009, 08:20 PM
No problem...whenever you are ready :)

Narnia
August 28th, 2009, 01:49 PM
What is the significance in dreams when one dreams of the element of fire?

Anyhoo, this is an element which I do not dream about very often ... fire appeared in my dream last night and it got me wondering - what's the meaning?

:thanks:

MystEerieUsOne
August 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Hi, I have an answer for you, and I plan to get back to this thread today, hopefully sometime soon. I was already on my way.

I also have a funny dream to share that I had, too. It wasn't recently. I was cleaning out some drawers and found it scribbled out from sometime ago. It was so funny to read. I'm still laughing! :laugh:

I'll share it in a while.

Please check out my profile page notes I've just added for my updates.

:two hearts:

Rana
August 28th, 2009, 02:18 PM
What is the significance in dreams when one dreams of the element of fire?

Anyhoo, this is an element which I do not dream about very often ... fire appeared in my dream last night and it got me wondering - what's the meaning?

:thanks:
for me personally i believe only the dreamer can trully interpret their own dreams because of the uniqueness of each element. or an elder of your tribe (a grandmother (the dreamers ) usually if attuned with dream interpretation )
but ill give you my feeling of Fire in relation to you. feminine power ..your inter connectiveness with the ancient woman in you , your female family role models and how you have viewed them ,how they have influenced your life and most specifically your femininity (your womanhood) . i would say it is a powerful dream and an important element being brought to you from an elder woman in spirit to remind you of your powers in this area.

MystEerieUsOne
September 11th, 2009, 10:13 PM
As for the fire dream, fire is feminine, giver of life, of origins. Fire dreams are often related to female hormones.

As for my dream:

Not having the paper I jotted it all down on a few years ago...

I was in the process of moving, and I had some anxiety about how I was going to get to where I was going. For some reason, others around me were also packing up to move as well, but they seemed to be just fine with their plans.

I have always had a concern about flying, though I've done it many times, but this particular time it was really bothering me. Flying is a metaphor for my acting on my awarenesses with all the fun and creativity and exploration of a child at play, but because they almost always get me misinterpreted and sent away the moment I start getting prolific, I've learned that being myself and playing in my own reality is going to have the inverse effect, a negative one, instead of a positive effect.

Nothing funny about that, but it is a reality that adds to my angst about "flying."

So, I was moving, and I needed to fly to get to where I was going.

I don't remember every little detail of this dream at the moment (like I said, I recently found it jotted down on a note I'd made a few years ago when I had it, and other funny happenings were going on in it, too), but...standing on the edge of having to approach flying, I turned back to look at where I had been living, and...well, it was the moon! I was on the moon! :girl_yes3 (1):

When I turned back, I discovered that the flight was... Gulp! girl_witch

The space shuttle. In context with everything else going on in the dream, it was kind of funny at the time, but...

Come to think of it, since I *knew* about both space shuttles' demise before they happened, I guess it wasn't such a funny dream after all.

MystEerieUsOne
September 11th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Another...

I'm often awake and asleep at the same time, simultaneously, able to have my eyes open and see and hear everything around me, all the while ALSO being sound asleep and dreaming away, with both realities aware of the other.

One morning I "woke up" to realize I was seeing what appeared to be a hundred little black and white movies of Albert Einstein all going on at the very same time. If you envision eye-shaped cells in which each individual movie is happening, and stick them all together until you have about a hundred or so, forming an amoeba shaped larger cell, that is similar to what I saw.

In each and every one of those "cells," Einstein was actually moving around, as if each were different moments in his life, and each "cell" was showing a different event, with different people with him, himself in different clothing, (just every-day Einstein, not famous scenes already known), talking away, doing whatever he was doing, working, addressing people around him, etc., and it was so magnificent to observe that I intentionally *held* what I was observing in place for as long as I possibly could, just so I could watch.

It was absolutely extraordinary!

I can still see some of it. I'd love to have that happen again!

SoulChild
September 12th, 2009, 04:09 PM
As for the fire dream, fire is feminine, giver of life, of origins. Fire dreams are often related to female hormones.

As for my dream:

Not having the paper I jotted it all down on a few years ago...

I was in the process of moving, and I had some anxiety about how I was going to get to where I was going. For some reason, others around me were also packing up to move as well, but they seemed to be just fine with their plans.

I have always had a concern about flying, though I've done it many times, but this particular time it was really bothering me. Flying is a metaphor for my acting on my awarenesses with all the fun and creativity and exploration of a child at play, but because they almost always get me misinterpreted and sent away the moment I start getting prolific, I've learned that being myself and playing in my own reality is going to have the inverse effect, a negative one, instead of a positive effect.

Nothing funny about that, but it is a reality that adds to my angst about "flying."

So, I was moving, and I needed to fly to get to where I was going.

I don't remember every little detail of this dream at the moment (like I said, I recently found it jotted down on a note I'd made a few years ago when I had it, and other funny happenings were going on in it, too), but...standing on the edge of having to approach flying, I turned back to look at where I had been living, and...well, it was the moon! I was on the moon! :girl_yes3 (1):

When I turned back, I discovered that the flight was... Gulp! girl_witch

The space shuttle. In context with everything else going on in the dream, it was kind of funny at the time, but...

Come to think of it, since I *knew* about both space shuttles' demise before they happened, I guess it wasn't such a funny dream after all.

I've had a similar dream.....I was on the moon or another near by planet, and I had to come back home to earth, and I was scared of the flight. The dream ofcourse has more details....when I was on this other planet, there were some weird stuff happening...such as I was hungry, and I wanted pizza, so I ordered pizza, but got a hotdog on a stick...hahaha..yes, thats funny....but, when I got on the shuttle to go back to earth....it was an uncormfortable feeling...like I was afraid to fly...I didn't want to fly...but, I did want to come back to earth. I can still see myself on that shuttle very clear...just very uncomfortable about the flight and take off ect...

MystEerieUsOne
September 12th, 2009, 04:57 PM
For myself, I didn't want to come back to earth. I wanted to keep going in the opposite direction, to be where I knew I needed to be.

When I was 3 years old, I was already totally unimpressed with anything convention had to offer. I couldn't understand why everybody was so drawn to what essentially was roboticism. Like, how could they just mindlessly act on their lives without first asking very seriously what life was all about to begin with. This was a primary frustration for me in kindergarten. Specific incidents already were met with what seemed like many lifetimes (intensity wise) of at least years of my having had the same mindset.

It just never made any sense to me that everyone seemed to just take it all for granted, going about themselves and their lives without noticing it wasn't all about them.

My relentless determination to ask and explore and listen and listen further, though, always makes me the one to get rid of, the one "too exhausting to be around" for any length of time. Even elementary school teachers would get angry with me. College professors gave me A's and asked me not to return to class...2 months before the end of the semester. I needed to be there, to have friends, to experience the experience, but without sacrificing my own reality. Even my own family pushed me away. For my own well-beingness, I've had to push them away myself, just to survive the reality of me.

As a result, overall, I've held myself back from far more than I am capable of accessing, because MY dreaming further as I naturally would from *where I am,* I've learned, is a guarantee of abandonment, ridicule, accusations of trying to be "one up" on people, when none of that was coming from me!

I'm learning to accept that abandonment as an unfortunate consequence of my giftedness. Just wish I was able to accept that years ago! The remnants of a lifetime of abandonment, though, sneak out in fear of "flying," even "driving" at times.

My "disappearance acts" are definitely my moving toward the relative time and space that *I* need to process so many things going on at once, when I have to filter everything through an entire universal consciousness all the time, but it is also my backing down from my own playing, as I would naturally play, a retreat intended not only for my own time and space processing but to free up the time and space outside myself for others to play.

Obviously, I can be quite "an exhaustion to be around," something I've been told so many times by various people. I would love to know, though, just where all I could go, if I didn't have to hold myself back and face the wrath of convention. :blink:

The little kid within myself, though, is still forever at play!

I think sometimes I need to hang up compassion and start getting angry!

SoulChild
September 13th, 2009, 03:13 AM
I had a feeling you were going to say you didn't want to come back to Earth. As I was typing that I wanted to come back to Earth...I was asking myself...."did I really want to come back to Earth"...the answer is no i didnt, and I think thats why I left...but, when I got to that new planet, it was just so strange...and there was more to the dream as well...some freaky stuff...I think I almost got raped...so, yeah, I definitely wanted to get out of there. Yet, the thing I was most afraid of or uncomfortable about was the flight. I was actually pondering on staying on the planet just so I wouldnt have to deal with the flight.......but, as usual with my dreams, if I start feeling uncomfortable, I wake myself up...so, i ended up not taking the flight back.

SoulChild
September 13th, 2009, 03:17 AM
On another note....my friend....even though you are very well learnt and know your strengths, you are still growing.....and you may grow into understanding or should I say overstanding things better....and I am sure you will them ongoing for the duration of your life.

As I read your post, I just realized that I don't have dreams of myself driving or flying. I have been in a vehicle, and space ship...yet, I cannot remember the motion or movement of them......strange???

MystEerieUsOne
September 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Hard to detect the motion even when you're in a plane, unless you look at a window!

As for the trauma you mentioned, often people moving toward higher Consciousness have dreams of being approached by the opposite sex, which then gets interpreted conventionally as you have suggested.

What that is is the opposite side of your own self, your own physics, catching up to you, because everyone is both male and female and the two have to reconnect for Enlightenment to take place, but the physics of the experience gets interpreted as a near assault. Unfortunately, it frightens people away, especially because it keeps reoccurring until the reunion is realized for what it is. (There's a lot of religion to be heard in that, as well!)

As for my having growing yet to do, as long as anyone is breathing, they have to leave the Core, because life exists outside the Core, but with Consciousness one is never far from returning, and can return at any time they want. That's what Zen mind, beginner's mind is all about. It means...yes, you know the truth, but yes, to keep on living, life requires movement away from it. But having become aware, one is highly reflective, aware of one's own experiences in truth, and at all times mindfully refreshing that first step.

Reminds me of doing the hokey pokey, :laugh: ...in reverse. You put your right foot out, your put your right foot in., you put your right foot out and you shake it all about. Just don't allow yourself to get twisted all out of shape, that's all!

The idea is to keep playing the game without getting lost in the rules.