PDA

View Full Version : Books of Ancient Truth

MystEerieUsOne
April 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Your very own diary or journal, which "tells on" everything, happening within you, happening without you! (See Multidimensional Language (http://www.mysteriouswisdom.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389))

Also:

The Tao Te Ching (How things work...in the universe!)

I Ching ("e-ching" - Book of Changes...How sameness and consistency co-exist with change. Order with Chaos!)

The Bhagavad Gita (Finding a lost friend, discovering a universe of undaunted truth!)

These books, (all 4 of them! ;) ), thousands of years old, as relevant now as when written, are taught in universities all around the world.

:two hearts:

Kiran
April 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Yes another idea of the journal is a Book of Shadows. People always associate this with dark stuff but all it is, is a journal of your own rituals, herbs, healing techniques etc that you use. I guess even a diary could contain our own darker thoughts if thats the way a person wanted to go - I know my own book/journal is full of insight, knowledge and wisdom I have learned over the years and is only used for light!
Thanks for sharing that :)

Rana
May 15th, 2009, 09:14 AM
my sister swears by the i-ching ..shes been doing that for as long as i can remember ..it doesnt resonate with me ..but for her its a winner !

userid7
May 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Please, I don't mean to ruin this thread, but I think if you have
a very old book, it is likely been subject to much editing, so we have
to be carefull reading these old books, there is also the problem
of translation, there just aren't ,say, english words for every chinese
word and other stories, such as how native beliefs were oppressed and
often the writers were missionaries who woud try to put something
that isn't bible, into the context of the bible.

I ran across a book on the net, the meanings of magic and alchemy
symbols, very interesting, and banned, though I really don't see
why (don't tell on me aye :))
Just thinking that perhaps these banned books may have more than average
truth in them, as they were not manipulated to fit a different
beleif system,many books were put into hidden librariesgirl_witch to preserve
the truth..there are a few comming into light now, as you can't
be hung for owning one,
Freedom,
DanerBird.

Logio
May 22nd, 2009, 05:05 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_i4NZ1RPy7Qo/SXUF_rdGVDI/AAAAAAAABO0/MXhjaee8S2A/s400/Masonic+Rituals+and+Obama%27s+Inauguration.jpg

I am collecting old Masonic books; most were not written more than 250 years ago, but some claim to have derived knowledge from Ancient Egypt. There is so much speculation on Freemasonry that one has to have an open mind, but look through the lens of scepticism. I have learned that a lot of Masonic teachings simply are allegories that have some kind of lesson. I believe a lot of religious texts may be of the same nature.

Respectfully,

C. Nathan Chavez

MystEerieUsOne
May 22nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
The ancient books I've mentioned have repeatedly proved themselves accurate, because what they reveal is what Nature repeatedly demonstrates again and again at its Core, right in front of the whole world, waiting for someone to notice.

Tao 47 says it all! :two hearts:

The I Ching (pronounced "ee-ching" and meaning "Book of Changes,") is accurate in that it ironically reveals the consistencies of Nature and the Universe. No matter when a question is asked, the answer is always the truth: no matter.

Narnia
May 23rd, 2009, 01:30 AM
I Ching ("e-ching" - Book of Changes...How sameness and consistency co-exist with change. Order with Chaos!)

Yes, this book resides in our home. :)

Narnia
May 23rd, 2009, 01:39 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_i4NZ1RPy7Qo/SXUF_rdGVDI/AAAAAAAABO0/MXhjaee8S2A/s400/Masonic+Rituals+and+Obama%27s+Inauguration.jpg

A little off topic here - but Nathan, where do you find your images ... I just love this one ... the layers of images are so enigmatic! :)

Okay, back on topic ... It is unfortunate that many books (or rather scrolls) of ancient truth were lost when the library of Alexandria suffered the fate of catching fire and then later on was completely destoyed way back when.

*Hm?* ... to think of all that knowledge ... just gone ...

Logio
May 23rd, 2009, 02:54 AM
A little off topic here - but Nathan, where do you find your images ... I just love this one ... the layers of images are so enigmatic! :)

Off topic response. Sorry!

I just use google image, and search that way.

Okay, back on topic ... It is unfortunate that many books (or rather scrolls) of ancient truth were lost when the library of Alexandria suffered the fate of catching fire and then later on was completely destoyed way back when.

*Hm?* ... to think of all that knowledge ... just gone ...

Okay, I hope this is somewhat on topic:

I sincerely believe that this missing knowledge would cast so much historical light on many enigmas. There is a Masonic allegory that tells of the missing aspect of knowledge that was lost; this missing knowledge may be necessary to keep the mystery going - perhaps a bit like hope-staying-in-Pandora's Box type of a myth. Perhaps the universe is the same way does not allow us to know everything for a purpose; that we might really need the enigma to continue with a certain hope. (please excuse my rambling)

I hope this exonerates me:

How many people have heard of Osho? His writings may not be considered ancient, but they seem that way, to me. Perhaps some lost knowledge can sometimes be intuited by individuals with certain mentalities.

Nathan

messickc
June 4th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Well maybe someone here that is Bhuddist can tell me:

When I was at Univ. of ALabama a band of travelling Bhuddist monks came through needing a place to stay. I bought a copy "Srimad Bhagavatam" off them It's all in Sanskrit, and I obviously cannot read it. What is this book about. Is it a subset of the "Bhagavad Gita" everyone else talks about?

MystEerieUsOne
June 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sorry I've been popping on and off the site so quickly. I've been extremely busy lately and I get here when I can, but this is a great site and definitely a favorite.

As for ancient truth, none of it is lost...only various subjective interpretations of it are gone by way of misfortune. The truth itself is not subjective and can never be lost. In fact, it is precisely what is causing everyone to do and think and feel and believe as they do, in the sense that everyone is drawn toward figuring it out, and the dynamics toward that motivation are inescapably rooted in the physics of truth.

Relative to original truth and ancient texts, as well as religions, here is a metaphor that may help:

There is a story called "The Wizard of Oz." A book, a movie, a play... Translated into multitudes of languages around the world, the original story remains the same nonetheless, undaunted by whatever other words of culture and dialect may be applied to it.

The dynamic of one story, interpreted and reinterpreted thousands of times, within and over time, is precisely what religion is...various cultural and subjective translations of the same, identical origin.

Enlightenment is the realization of oneself out of the mistaken belief that it is all subjective, that no mere mortal could ever actually possibly realize that original truth in all its splendor. Not only is the original truth realizable in all its splendor, but it is something we are all intended to realize. Everything else is the JOURNEY, and ONLY the journey, and ONLY the journey is the subjective part, with each and every journey, no matter what label, ultimately winding up in the exact same Core Answer.

So, no matter how many books of brilliant realizations may be lost, and even if EVERY book ever to be written about it are lost, the original truth itself can never be. It is ever present in the hearts of everyone and everything.

As for the Hindu Srimad Bhagavatam, what a treasure you have in a book written completely in Sanskrit! Sanskrit is an ancient language within which Consciousness of the original truth itself is inherent. I've studied both Sanskrit (Vedic and Classical) and Hindi languages, among many others, and those are definitely among my favorites. There's such a sense of the presence of ancient truth in them, especially in Sanskrit. As with everything else in life, convention went on to prefer Hindi, which uses the same devanagari script (a font under various names on most computers nowadays), because it supported everyday living, aka distraction, (much like the tilika or bindu, or "third eye" dot worn on the forehead, now mostly interpreted as simply cosmetic beauty instead of anything relative to truth or oneness) as opposed to the need to constantly turn around and reflect upon it or oneself.

I wish I had the time to continue my studies of those and other languages. I studied them for years, not to speak them but to observe the minds of their creators, and while they are still familiar, I've forgotten much of them, nothing so much that a renewed focus couldn't help quickly restore. They are always on my "do list." :) Obviously, the joy and passion I have for them has sprung forth with your post! :thanks:

I have never posted a link here, I don't think, but this should help answer your question:

http://www.srimadbhagavatam.org/

Again, it is an interpretation of the same original truth, told, as with all others, based on the current placement of those involved along their journey, and a reflection of the current needs and meaningfulnesses of the time. But ultimately what it is about is...that same Wizard of Oz. It's just that some have seen the end of the movie, and seen it many, many times, while others are just beginning...again! ;)