PDA

View Full Version : One step towards happiness

Kiran
April 26th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Name one step that brings happiness....think about a simple thing we can all do.

Celebrate one thing everyday that brings joy to you or yours be it a thought, an act, a job well done. Pat yourself on the back.

BlueStar
April 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
This works for me....in every situation make a simple attitudinal adjustment; rather than saying "what can I get out of this?" as we're kind of conditioned to do, instead ask yourself "how may I serve?" When we take the focus away from what we can GET out of life and onto what we can GIVE to life, the result is a deep inner feeling of happiness and fulfilment. I feel that on a deep level we're not here to get all we can out of life, but to give all we can to life...

Narnia
April 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM
One step that brings happiness ... is realizing just how simple it is to take one step towards happiness.

My one step .... 'For every problem may seem like a set back, but for every problem there is a solution or two or more, for moving forward!' :)

MystEerieUsOne
April 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Trust that there is a *clear path* to enlightenment (realization of universal truth that is not subjective), that what is there is extremely important to figure out for the good of all, that it includes (and reveals) everyone and everything everywhere, that everyone has a responsibility to figure it out, and commit oneself to selflessly following that *clear path.*

The world is in a horrible mess. Anything short of genuine enlightenment, given where things are going, is merely a bandaide. :(

Stargazer
April 26th, 2009, 03:59 PM
When we are in a deep trouble and our world seems to be at it's miserable end,a simple thought and a rational one at that there have been people with much more trouble and mess and still are ,yet have emerged victorious out of that situation.....This thought often crosses my mind and always makes me realize that whatever problem i may be facing, has a solution to it....:Boy_yes3:

That's my one step towards happiness :)

God's Toy
April 26th, 2009, 10:55 PM
That no matter how bad things may look from day to day, the over all plan remains unchanged.

Lion Spirit Walker
April 26th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Recycling.

Narnia
April 27th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Recycling.

Right on!

I have been honoured (by my fiance) as the 'Recycling Queen' ... and I am proud to wear my crown of recyclables! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
April 27th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Too Cool!!!
:yourock:

God's Toy
April 27th, 2009, 06:20 AM
Right on!

I have been honoured (by my fiance) as the 'Recycling Queen' ... and I am proud to wear my crown of recyclables! :)
Is the crown recycled?

:laugh:

Rana
April 27th, 2009, 10:31 AM
...for me it is perspective ..mainly relating my spirit existence/lessons with that of my every day .. the meshing of them all perfectly ..(very difficult at times) um..feeling positive and appreciative (perspective wise) of what i have and being grateful ..:Boy_yes3:

Kiran
April 27th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Smile and say hello to everyone you meet and see the wonderful smiles you get in return :)

Narnia
April 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Is the crown recycled?

Yep, it sure is, it's made out of recycled diamond dust, platinum shavings, and plastic bottle caps and bags!! :)

Makes me happy knowing that I am doing something good for this beloved planet! :)

Lion Spirit Walker
April 27th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Share unconditional love with either an animal or another human being (and yes, we are all animals), even if only for a moment.

Kiran
April 28th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Remember to stop and smell the roses.
Remember to give thanks for all you have received.

Narnia
April 28th, 2009, 03:05 PM
'Always look on the bright side!' :)

Jester Black
April 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Believe and embrace your imperfection. Its what defines your humanity.

BlueStar
April 28th, 2009, 07:43 PM
Stop labouring under the delusion that you have to control the universe...and just BE.

Shalott
May 4th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Is the crown recycled?

great minds....... you took the words right out of my mouth lol

Shalott
May 4th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Corny but I save Campbell soup can labels. My niece's school benefits from them. So when I see my in laws once every two or three months or so I usually have about 50 labels for them..... But evidently my niece's school has 3 of those magic boards (?????) just from soup can labels.

Logio
May 4th, 2009, 04:54 AM
laugh and drink a few drinks with your friends...unless of course you are an alcoholic - in that case have tea parties in your back yard on a nice day. Tell G-d you love him/her once in a while...he/she may get lonely sometimes.

Stargazer
May 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM
In any relationship i always try to be honest,expressing by discomfort if any from time to time ,it does sound ****ty at that moment but in the long run the relationship will be a healthy one :Boy_yes3:.....One more step towards happiness :)

Kiran
May 7th, 2009, 08:29 AM
In any relationship i always try to be honest,expressing by discomfort if any from time to time ,it does sound ****ty at that moment but in the long run the relationship will be a healthy one :Boy_yes3:.....One more step towards happiness :)

I could'nt agree with you more honey!! Honesty in a friendship is always healthy and if the friendship is real...it will cope with a bit honesty if it comes from genuine concern and love :)
Thanks for sharing:two hearts: