View Full Version : Bottled water warning

God's Toy
April 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
I receved this email today from a friend. I cant say the facts are 100% as I am not a doctor but I feel I should pass it on to all of you:

Thanks for your time.

Bottled water in your car is
very dangerous!

On the Ellen show, Sheryl Crow said this is what caused her breast cancer. It has been identified as the most common cause
of the high levels of dioxin in breast cancer tissue.

Sheryl Crow's oncologist told her: women
should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.
The heat reacts with the chemicals in the plastic of the
bottle which releases dioxin into the water. Dioxin is
a toxin increasingly found in breast cancer tissue.
So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has
been l eft in a car. Pass this on to all the women in your life.
This information is the kind we need to know that just might save us! Use a stainless steel canteen or a glass bottle
instead of plastic!


This information is also being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
No plastic containers in microwave.
No water bottles in freezer
No plastic wrap in microwave.
A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.
Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.Recently, Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard.

He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.
He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers...This especially applies to foods that contain fat.

He said that the combination of fat, high and plastic releases dioxin into the
food and ultimately into the cells of the body... Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food.. You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.

Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.
He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons... Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran wrap, is just as dangerous whenplaced over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

This is an article that should be sent To anyone important in Your life!

April 23rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thanks for posting this GT! One thing to add....this, and the levels of bacteria found in natural spring water, is why it always says drink chilled!
Bacteria living in dark depths of the earth are used to existing in the environment and remain relatively harmless when kept cool.
Once they heat up, they reproduce and can cause other health issues so please guys, keep the water chilled if using bottled water.
One other thing....always check the sodium level...the higher the level, the higher the salt content will be so ideally you want that number to be lower than 5 or 6.

Jester Black
April 23rd, 2009, 03:18 PM
makes you wonder why bottled water is any better than tap, eh?

April 23rd, 2009, 03:43 PM
Well the other minerals in spring water can be good....we have spring water here in Galway that is high in calcium and its good for women.
There is another one...thats high in salycitic acid, the basis of aspirin...good for the heart and blood flow

April 23rd, 2009, 04:08 PM
I drink spring water ... Poland Spring ... I only drink it at room temperature or cooler .... no ice!

It strikes me as a logical thing not to drink water from a bottle that has been baking in the Sun or that has been frozen in the freezer.

We replenish our spring water bottles every weekend, so bottles don't have time to kick-around for long, the bottles are stored in a cool place so that the bottles ... don't bake!! in the Sun and the bottles get recycled the following weekend.

And, as for the microwave ... I only use glass!

:thanks: for sharing Peter!

April 23rd, 2009, 04:57 PM
We have a brita filtration system in our fridge and I only use my stainless steel water flask. In some areas those water bottles are NOT recyclable.

We only use bottled water if we are camping and don't trust the water source for brushing teeth, etc.

Very good information, and apparently it is a mixture of true and false (but I'd err on the side of caution myself)


God's Toy
April 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Good link Jenn,, I was thinking some of the clams may be over the top but posted it 'unedited' all the same.

Lotus Flower
May 27th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Thanks for that GT will pass it on

May 28th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I have a Brita Filtration for my sink. I also purchased a Kor One Hydration Vessel http://smartcorporategifts.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/kor-one-bottle2.jpgwhich is BPA free to carry my water around with me. It is really cool looking and serves its purpose well.

May 28th, 2009, 02:22 PM
I wanted to reply last night. I read the first paragraph and through my bottles away! I always leave my water in the car. I have done that for about 4 years now. I am done....me, and a plastic water bottle were like a woman and a purse, or a man and his wallet. Now I have to find some other way, especially for my running. I will bring gallons of water to work, and just refill my glass or something. But, I really need something comfortable to run with ( and not to expensive, but it may just be worth the investment!)

Good day all... Hope to speak with you guys later :)

May 28th, 2009, 04:43 PM
... I am done....me, and a plastic water bottle were like a woman and a purse, or a man and his wallet. Now I have to find some other way, especially for my running ...

You can still drink spring water out of a plastic bottle just as long as it hasn't been exposed to any heat for extended periods ie; being in the car for long periods, or baking in the Sunshine for long periods or any other heat source ... I make it a habit, that once I've opened a bottle of water I drink it right away ... not guzzling it so I choke or anything silly like that mind you, but to make sure the bottle itself doesn't kick around just in case it might get exposed to any heat source.

Water, as in just plain water (no mingling with tea or coffee water) but plain water should always be consumed at a natural temperature, like room temperature or cooler.

But in regards to carrying water not in a plastic bottle with you while running ... there are insulated water running packs (they kind of look like a bulky 'fanny pack') which are available and you can strap them around your waist.

I'll see what I can find for you ... give me a few mins and I'll report back. :)

[Later Edit] Okay ... it's actually called a 'fuel belt' or an 'energy belt', but here is a link for you to check out ...


Good Luck! :)

May 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you my friend! I figured all the information that you provided. I purchased a bottle water today at work. I was thinking more as in spending money. Thats why I'll buy the gallon for work, so I can refill. I certainly understand. :yourock: