PDA

View Full Version : ...Soul-Mates?...

Narnia
November 8th, 2008, 02:55 PM
A question I find myself sometimes pondering...and I am curious to know what you think of the matter?

Do you believe in Soul-Mates? Whether it be in the form of a lover, a friend, and or a family member?

What are your thoughts?

God's Toy
November 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Yep I do and have met one or two in this lifetime.

I firmly believe we seek each other out lifetime after lifetime.

Some will know this already but part of the reasons for this forum is to connect once more as they will find there way.

:Hbounce

Mr B
November 8th, 2008, 03:04 PM
In fact i do believe in soulmates. I encountered 3 of them in my life, they were good girlfriends of mine. Everything we felt, talked about just seemed to fit so well, also our interests, music, movies and so on.

Actually you could feel that we were connected to each other in a way that i just can't describe. It was magic. We even could feel from a great distance what the other one was going through, feelings, emotions and so on. We even called each other on the phone to check if everthing was alright. If not we helped each other to solve the problem.

Mr. Brightside
November 8th, 2008, 03:12 PM
I do, I have met people in life who I have been instantly connected to, I feel like I have known them my whole life even though I have only spoke to them for a short while. We just seemed to be on the same frequency

I met someone on the internet and we had so much in common, we loved the same music, had the same interests and the same wacky sense of humour, we talked for ages about various subjects then to my astonishment I found out we had the same birthday.

I believe that sometimes we are drawn to these people by an unknown force especially when we need them most.

Narnia
November 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Yes, I believe in Soul-Mates as well...

I had a boyfriend many years ago...we had, that sort of "if only" kind of relationship...anyway, he had a cat...a great cat!! And, I always felt he and his cat were soul-mates too!

Mr B
November 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I used to have cats and yes they were somehow connected to me too. If you show me kittens i can tell you which one will be mine. It's somekind of energy, connection that draws us together.

I have to say that even on this forum i feel connected to all of you. There is this amazing powerful energy of love coming from it. Call me wacko but i feel it that way.

SoulChild
November 8th, 2008, 04:09 PM
I am not sure if I have met my Soul Mate...I will have to give this some thought today. What some of you are describing...sounds to me like something I was once taught, and that was the fact that when you connect with some people sometimes...you know that special connection, that it could mean you guys are from the same (previous) planet or plane or maybe even knew each other in a previous life. So, usually, when one talks about soul mate, I usually think in my head that it means like relationship wise. So, now that I have read some of your responses, I will really take the time to think if I can say that I truly feel if I have encountered a true soul mate.

planetlove
November 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I have asked myself this question for a long time.....

I have only to date in my own way understood this to be the one that resides in your heart...

others outside the self are people who you may have karmic bonds with from past lives that you have a close connection with ....

thats why when you meet some people sometimes you feel the "click" or soul "connection" ....that deeper feeling that you cannot explain....

Always remember in your past lives you were not always male or female...
and that you were not born to the same religion you are in now....
its a continuation of the same ....
In this way ..God loves everything he has created...

Hence people of the oppersite sex and same sex are attracted to each other...animals and pets follow in suite of what I'm saying....
I also call this being of the "same frequency" as mentioned above .....

Love/God has no preference to color , age , sex or boundaries...
you are the son or daughter of GOD and its all about and that alone .....Follow in his footsteps....
It's a unification of all ....
Love everyone and everything ....
For you not do this is to be in denial of who you really are....

Love as Light
V

Jester Black
November 9th, 2008, 02:08 AM
im going to answer thiss two different ways because I have always associated "soul-mate" with a significant other. But you also seem to be referring to what I call "kindred spirits" and yes, in that respect I do. There are 2 people in my life that i connect to on a very spiritual level. One is my good friend Goxnadly and the other another friend from the music world named Brenda.

Now as far as soul-mates is concerned.....I believ that there are three different aspects of love. That lovers relate to each other in different combinations of aspects. But that it is possible to connect on all three levels, though rare.

They are:

The physical love - do I need to explian this? Obviously the most common.

The familial love - the kind of love that binds 2 people as family. In extreme cases youd galdly die for this love

The spiritual love - the rarest . the one that allows you to accept one another as individuals. It binds on the intellectual level

all three combined binds two people as one, totally, completely, unconditionally.

I thought I had that

I was wrong

Kiran
November 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
I have asked myself this question for a long time.....

I have only to date in my own way understood this to be the one that resides in your heart...

others outside the self are people who you may have karmic bonds with from past lives that you have a close connection with ....

thats why when you meet some people sometimes you feel the "click" or soul "connection" ....that deeper feeling that you cannot explain....

Always remember in your past lives you were not always male or female...
and that you were not born to the same religion you are in now....
its a continuation of the same ....
In this way ..God loves everything he has created...

Hence people of the oppersite sex and same sex are attracted to each other...animals and pets follow in suite of what I'm saying....
I also call this being of the "same frequency" as mentioned above .....

Love/God has no preference to color , age , sex or boundaries...
you are the son or daughter of GOD and its all about and that alone .....Follow in his footsteps....
It's a unification of all ....
Love everyone and everything ....
For you not do this is to be in denial of who you really are....

Love as Light
V

I know exactly what you mean V! I know I have had 'connections' to people but I also know there are those two or three deeper connections...like a partner or family member that I have come across.
I know Kiera and I have that and also Dangerbird and I...and to some extent Peter...but definitely Kiera and Dangerbird. I think thats the thing...people forget that in the life, we are what we are...whose to say in the last one I was not male and had a wife?

Kiran
November 10th, 2008, 01:53 PM
im going to answer thiss two different ways because I have always associated "soul-mate" with a significant other. But you also seem to be referring to what I call "kindred spirits" and yes, in that respect I do. There are 2 people in my life that i connect to on a very spiritual level. One is my good friend Goxnadly and the other another friend from the music world named Brenda.

Now as far as soul-mates is concerned.....I believ that there are three different aspects of love. That lovers relate to each other in different combinations of aspects. But that it is possible to connect on all three levels, though rare.

They are:

The familial love - the kind of love that binds 2 people as family. In extreme cases youd galdly die for this love

The spiritual love - the rarest . the one that allows you to accept one another as individuals. It binds on the intellectual level

all three combined binds two people as one, totally, completely, unconditionally.

I thought I had that

I was wrong

Actually Jay...I think you hit the nail on the head! As you know I have often posted about love on the other site and most replies always refer to 'romantic' love...that is between a couple as partners...but I think its much deeper than that and I think you vocalised it perfectly :)
HUGS

Rana
November 13th, 2008, 09:30 AM
the way i have come to understand this is .. each one of us was universally (as souls) concieved with a "twin soul" one who is totally seperate each life time from you and sometimes drawn to you in lives yet at times not ..but your energy is exactly the same vibration . that soulmate is your higher self .. and like Jay "kindred spirits" are those that you have "known" before or have a karmic connection to or are drawn to for a learning lesson giving "that" feeling when you meet ..as you all know it is complex ..i have a karmic connection to my husband now ..we were married in two lifetimes before not immediate before he is my hero .both my children were seperately my mothers ( i know great) in other lives ..when each was around 2 years old they told me that i once lived in their tummies ..(i knew) ..i sensed both children before their birth.i make many spirit connections to people i cant help that but i have my kindred friends who remain always close to my heart ..when i make that contact its amazing ..and i start to "see" many images and feelings straight away ..i havent reconnected to my twinsoul as yet but i know they are out there in this world at this time ..(and not romantically ..spiritually)

Genesis
November 25th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I guess that depends on a persons definition of it. If it coorelates to the idea that a soul passes on eternally and only once in a while they meet up to join in a magical love, then no I dont.

If it is someone who seems to complete your soul, or life force, such all you are now, then yes, i believe it is possible.
I find myself a pretty solitary and loyal individual. I do not easily move on once I find someone I connect to, even if eventually I tell myself I have to.

I find the romantic side of me liking very much the idea of having just one person that can compliment you for the long-haul.

Genesis
November 25th, 2008, 08:24 PM

They are:

I thought I had that

I was wrong

I love the insight you put on it.
Some of these I can find myself agreeing with as well, especially with Spiritual and Familial Love.

inutero
December 8th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Yes...Maybe one day I will find mine. :clap by the way...this is my first post..

Kiran
December 8th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Yes...Maybe one day I will find mine. :clap by the way...this is my first post..

Well glad to finally hear from you honey :)
HUGS

SoulChild
December 8th, 2008, 05:22 PM

Well my friend...you must tell us, what would that soul mate be? I mean, what do you want her/him/them to be like?:two hearts:

Tzvika
December 10th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I believe there could be a strong emotional connection between two people who are alike personally and intelectually-wise, but if you consider soul-mate as a person who completes you like a puzzle and that harmony and love will exist between you for eternity - than i dont believe there is such a thing. People are bound to change through the course of their lives and it might affect the way they think and feel about the ones who are close to them, to the point they feel there's no connection between them anymore. At the end of the day, people find the one whom they love enough to want to make compromises and want to learn to live with their faults because their love is worth it.

SoulChild
December 10th, 2008, 08:37 PM
mm,mm,mm,...chills, goosebumps.....hmmm..interesting :girl_yes3 (1):

I agree with you Tzvika, but, if you look closely at your words...you stated "you might" lose interest. I think you are right for the most part....but, I guess it is always possible to find that person that you do love for all eternity...yet, I think the rarety comes in when you have two people to feel that same way about each other...and really love one another for all eternity.:two hearts:

inutero
December 11th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Well my friend...you must tell us, what would that soul mate be? I mean, what do you want her/him/them to be like?:two hearts:

I like how that is worded. Her/him/them...very interesting. Let's see, what do I want her to be like...hmmmmm. Good and wholesome personality. Not fake. Natural beauty:drool:...not a ton of makeup. Good morales, intelligent, independent, not afraid to get dirty, enjoys spending time outside, can cook...most women these days don't have that talent:Eeksign: Must like dogs, and can keep me on my toes. Oh and of course Sexy!:two hearts:

SoulChild
December 11th, 2008, 08:30 PM
I like how that is worded. Her/him/them...very interesting. Let's see, what do I want her to be like...hmmmmm. Good and wholesome personality. Not fake. Natural beauty:drool:...not a ton of makeup. Good morales, intelligent, independent, not afraid to get dirty, enjoys spending time outside, can cook...most women these days don't have that talent:Eeksign: Must like dogs, and can keep me on my toes. Oh and of course Sexy!:two hearts:

Wow, and I thought you were describing me untill....and see, thats the problem usually? I think when we start listing things like that...things that we like or don't like, or how we want a certain person to be...once we make a list, it is hard to find someone to hit each point on that list. Like the "Must like dogs" part. I like dogs....just can't stand the smell....can't eat while animals are in the same house.....and so on...but, hey, If I were looking for a soul mate, or find a soul mate....I would hope to not even have to list things....I would hope to just connect with that person, and like or love them exactly how they are...wouldn't want them to change a bit! :) I would also hope that the love would last forever. I think that when love lasts forever...it is something that has to be worked on...it just doesn't happen for no reason. You can't keep a car running in good condition without proper maintenance....relationships need maintenance....:hi:

mary
December 12th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Sometimes what you want its not necessarily what you need. If I would list my perfect soul mate I think that my last boyfriend would fit almost exactly on every category, but somehow it has to be more to it than just a list of things, attitudes, personality, everyday behavior, expectations, a person should have in order to be consider a soul mate, in fact with my best friend we differ in so so many things but still he is the closest to a soul mate to me, but not romanticly cause he's not my type and neither I'm his, so what makes a soul mate a soul mate to me still remains a mystery.

Kiran
December 12th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Sometimes what you want its not necessarily what you need. If I would list my perfect soul mate I think that my last boyfriend would fit almost exactly on every category, but somehow it has to be more to it than just a list of things, attitudes, personality, everyday behavior, expectations

I think you hit the nail on the head there Mary :) I think we get the partner we need sometimes. Although Martin is absolutely great there are things that drive me cracked sometimes but then I take a step back and realising he is just reflecting something for me or telling me like it is. I just need to hear it! So I am thankful to have him in my life and that he is not at all what I expected but a whole lot more :):two hearts:

inutero
December 12th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Wow, and I thought you were describing me untill....and see, thats the problem usually? I think when we start listing things like that...things that we like or don't like, or how we want a certain person to be...once we make a list, it is hard to find someone to hit each point on that list. Like the "Must like dogs" part. I like dogs....just can't stand the smell....can't eat while animals are in the same house.....and so on...but, hey, If I were looking for a soul mate, or find a soul mate....I would hope to not even have to list things....I would hope to just connect with that person, and like or love them exactly how they are...wouldn't want them to change a bit! :) I would also hope that the love would last forever. I think that when love lasts forever...it is something that has to be worked on...it just doesn't happen for no reason. You can't keep a car running in good condition without proper maintenance....relationships need maintenance....:hi:

I agree. You wanted details. I gave you one. Anyways, I do feel that when it's right, it's right. Finding your soulmate is a rare thing. I hope that if I ever do, I will know. Maybe I have already them her and didn't realize it. Anyways, Peace and Love to all. :pilot:

Rana
December 16th, 2008, 05:47 AM
im reading a great book at the momnet "EAT PRAY LOVE " by Liz Gilbert and in a part she is in an Ashram in India , she asks a friend there what if i never find my soul mate ? and i love how he answers.

" a true soul mate is a mirror the person who shows you everything thats holding you back,the person who brings you to your attention so you can change your life. But to live with a soul mate forever ? Nahh too painful..soul mates come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you. and then they leave and thank god for it "

i just connect that ..;)[/COLOR]

brother
October 20th, 2009, 12:10 AM
Just bumping this for a reply later ;)

brother
October 20th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I'll Start Here... and add more later.

This is what I think maybe we are all looking for on some level...

In Celtic Spiritual tradition, it is believed that the soul radiates all about the physical body, what some refer to as an aura. When you connect with another person and become completely open and trusting with that individual, your two souls begin to flow together. Should such a deep bond be formed, it is said you have found your Anam Cara or soul friend.

Your Anam Cara always accepts you as you truly are, holding you in beauty and light. In order to appreciate this relationship, you must first recognize your own inner light and beauty. This is not always easy to do. The Celts believed that forming an Anam Cara friendship would help you to awaken your awareness of your own nature and experience the joys of others.

According to John O'Donahue, an accomplished Irish poet, philosopher and Catholic priest, "...You are joined in an ancient and eternal union with humanity that cuts across all barriers of time, convention, philosophy and definition. When you are blessed with an anam cara, the Irish believe, you have arrived at that most sacred place: home."

Lion Spirit Walker
October 20th, 2009, 05:24 AM
....Home....