PDA

View Full Version : Consciousness

MystEerieUsOne
April 12th, 2009, 02:55 AM
What does Consciousness mean to you?

When you hear the word "enlightenment," what do you suppose that really is?

What about "a clear path?"

What does "We are One" REALLY refer to?

:gathering:

Kiran
April 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Hmm...good questions honey and I want to mull this over a little before replying if thats ok.

Kiran
April 15th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Hmm...I guess this is the part of me that is intrinsically me! I mean minus ego and fear and need. This is the higher part of myself that is aware of all things and has all the knowledge/answers I need - we just have to remember...and to tap into it.

Awakening...realisation...truth.

If I had a clear path, I would be worried that my journey was over! :laugh: What I mean is, the journey is my teacher, the obstacles I need to overcome, the people I meet on the way are all there to teach and assist. If I didn't have these, what would I learn?
Then the other side of that could be that a clear path, means I have reached the end. I am enlightened? Hmm great questions honey :)

The collective conciousness...that all life, be it inert rocks, humans, animals, trees, energy, wind, the Universe are all interconnected and are one. We are all of equal value and importance.

Rana
April 22nd, 2009, 03:19 AM
for me conciousness is spirit awareness to the world in all dimensional realities , my individual lessons set out from the last lives that i am to recognise ,experience and either overcome or understand ..then hopefully absorbing it enough into my being where i gain wisdom on the matter ..;)

planetlove
April 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM

I believe that this is a field of existence which you can experience through pray / mediation your always connected to it ... it's always in expansion and this field gets you to the UNIFIED field / god as an experience in the physical

Final realization of who you truly are and its a process of continuos discovery after that..

this path is a path that only you can choose to follow...
its always there....if you want it you can have it and experience everything thing on it with your own personal intuition / guidance/ and gut direction....

After enlightenment.....You will discover " the answer to WE are One"

:gathering:
V

Logio
April 26th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I've been reading a book called 'The Fourth Way', by P.D. Ouspensky. It is a lucid explanation of the Practical side of G.I. Gurdjieff's teaching. It breaks down different aspects of consiousness. It is more of a philosophical discourse; it doesn't state anything as fact, but makes comparisons that are very reasonable. It doesn't conflict with my understanding of the viewpoints of Freemasonry or Psycho Cybernetics. It is not necessarily based on opinions, but on observations made by the author - which he states should be loosely taken.

Regards,

Nathan

MystEerieUsOne
April 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM

Being fully aware of what the universe is (and always has been) really doing, as opposed to what convention unhealthyfully assumes or needs it to be.

Being not only aware of what the universe is actually doing, but being fully accepting of it, appreciative and respectful of it, and living within the reality of universal reality, no longer lost in or unable to assert oneself against conventional expectation, and selflessly realizing the enormous responsibility that comes with having that much information. (Exhausting at times! :blink: )

A *clear path* is the way to the Answer to peace within and without, requiring an awful lot of trust to not clutter it with the chaos of repetitious "yes, but...!"

The reality that universal truth is not subjective, and can only be realized from a place of selflessness and *pure observation.*

God's Toy
April 26th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Something to bend your mind around?

pKryvqiOFNs&eurl

MystEerieUsOne
April 27th, 2009, 04:14 AM
Everything really is out there, and we really are in here, but none of it is what it seems or has been labeled to be by convention.

Oneness isn't just people or animal/acknowledged creature oriented.

Mind, soul, time, space, past, future, etc...it has all been misplaced by the collective unconscious. Even science is going the wrong way from its start.

Consciousness is knowing how to get it right.

BlueStar
April 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Consciousness is everything; the screen of awareness upon which we experience life. At our core I think we're pure, unrefined, unconditioned consciousness, an expansive awareness that neither judges nor manipulates reality, but which simply allows everything to be. In meditation, you can often tap into that inner core of expansive consciousness.

In our waking lives, we tend to be caught on the peripheries of conditioned consciousness; consciousness which has become imprinted with beliefs, opinions, judgements and interpretations. From this conditioned consciousness (which might be termed 'unconsciousness' when these movements of mind rule your life unchecked), we create an ego self, or a mental concept of who we think we are, who we think others are and what we think the world is.

Whatever level of consciousness we find ourself, it's all consciousness. Everything.

At least that's what I'm conscious of :laugh: