PDA

View Full Version : Use Twitter? Get Twitterfox!

God's Toy
April 8th, 2009, 08:34 PM
Just forund this cool little addon for firefox called Twitterfox.

What it does is put a tiny Twitter icon on the lower right hand side of your broswer and from here twitter updates will auto pop up when receved or click it once to have an always open mini reply box for those twitter chats!

If you use twitter this is a nice addon.

It's Recommended!

PIC:

http://twitterfox.net/twitterfox_screenshot.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5081#

Kiran
April 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Looks good Peter...haven't had time to go on Twitter lately...too busy but will look at it for sure!

God's Toy
April 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Hey hon if your not got the Twitter-bug thats cool, each to there own!
With twitterfox as soon as you start your pc your there regardles of what website you use it's still there waiting.
Takes a moment to blast an update on twitter, with Twitterfox you have no pages to load, no profiles to view, no excuses to have!

:signsHF:

SoulChild
April 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Gods Toy...you have a twitter account? I guess when I have the time, I will check out the site. I am tied up in MW and Facebook now, and so, I am not sure if I will do the twitter thing, but I will check it out I gues...when I get the time???what time is it? No, not right now....LOL

God's Toy
April 8th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Yep myself Polly Kiera and Lorri (lol sometimes) all chat away on twitter, it's lotts of fun and I really like how it's not about maintanging a huge profile or making sure you visit everyone in your friends list and respond too... It's simply meant as a short text type blog about whats going on in your day, so takes seconds to do and best part is it works from anywhere like my phone so I Tweet away where ever the hell I want too!

(lord it must be a full moon!)

More than welcome to join the fun anytime, hell you will get to know a side you dont see here I think.

:pilot:

Narnia
April 8th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hey, I like that .... 'twitter-bug' .... it's kinda right up there with 'pinkletink' for me!

Yep, it's perfect for giving quick updates, quick questions, quick answers and fun banter ie twittering or tweets .... plus it's way easier than Facebook or MySpace ....

And, you've probably guess it by now .... yep, I have a twitter account too!

SphinxStudio! Get the latest updates and news on the most recent brush stroke! EXCITING!

BlueStar
April 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM
You guys....! Twitter is evil!! Stay away!! :Eeksign::laugh: (kidding - but I personally hate the whole thing - its like the single worst feature of facebook made into a website). But each to their own :girl_yes3 (1): (loving my girly pigtails there, btw :D)

God's Toy
April 9th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Boo hiss!! get out of town! :vmad::not_happy

Dont come here to say Facebook (or some other pointless networking site) is better than the Tweetmeister!

Is it any wonder that facepuss changed it's 'look' to be more like the Tweets?

We rule!!!

May you and your facepuss cums be happy in your "thanks for the add" "I've updated my profile with even more pointless stuff no one really cares about and pretends to read".... "Does anyone have anything of impertinence or relevance to say.. really?... Anyone? " kinda world!

:signsHF: lol

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Now now boys!!! Each to thier own...one man's twitter is another man's facebook!! Play nicely there now ;):boygame

BlueStar
April 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM
LOL, I'm afraid I can't take you up on that as I hate Facebook as well! I struggled with it for a little while but in the end had to pull the plug. Social networking scares me! I guess I'm either just unsocial or don't like networking? :pilot:

God's Toy
April 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
HAHA! in this life I'll play what every the hell way I wanna play and by my own rules my friends, If people dont like the games they find new ones! :laugh:

Hey I agree FB and MS just to me are pointless, I use twitter for MY blog not to read others and thats whats cool about it.

Anyhoo all this just for an update? suppose it will be read by most people lol

Narnia
April 9th, 2009, 04:10 PM
.... one man's twitter is another man's facebook!! ....

OH MY GOD! That is so f-u-n-n-y!! :laugh:

ps: I personally do not 'click' with Facebook let alone MySpace .... and in recent weeks I have been thinking of canceling my fb and my myspace account for sometime .... but I can only do that if our beloved computer let's me 'get on' the site(s) in the first place!

I like it here and on twitter, both places 'work' for me! :)

Kiran
April 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
hah!! If thats how you feel......:bolt::truce
ok Boss....:truce

you do crack me up!!

Mr B
April 12th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Talking about Twitter, well, beware folks. It seems there has been a worm written for it called "stalkdaily-worm".

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/04/11/twitter-hit-by-stalkdaily-worm/

http://www.inquisitr.com/21743/twitter-infected-by-stalkdaily-worm/

Some sites mention that the problem has been fixed but you never know for sure.

God's Toy
April 12th, 2009, 07:43 PM
well suppose MS FB and all the rest got one so the twit was feeling left out!

Good job I don't view other peoples pages.

Shalott
April 14th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Just forund this cool little addon for firefox called Twitterfox.

What it does is put a tiny Twitter icon on the lower right hand side of your broswer and from here twitter updates will auto pop up when receved or click it once to have an always open mini reply box for those twitter chats!

If you use twitter this is a nice addon.

It's Recommended!

PIC:

http://twitterfox.net/twitterfox_screenshot.png

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/5081#

that is so cool! I added it :)

BlueStar
June 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Despite my initial resistance I finally decided I'd see what the fuss about twitter was, and I actually quite dig it! It's not the heinous thing I thought it would be and is certainly better than facebook or bebo! So, just thought I would share my change of heart :)

God's Toy
June 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Cool stuff, it's handy, short and to the point.

If your looking for mindless chatter just add me to your friends list.

(lol ask Polly/kiera/Lorri/Jenn for more)

BlueStar
June 5th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cool stuff, it's handy, short and to the point.

If your looking for mindless chatter just add me to your friends list.

(lol ask Polly/kiera/Lorri/Jenn for more)

I'd love to (mindless chatter is good!) although I haven't been terribly successful at finding people. What's your username? My username is lucidexposition :)

God's Toy
June 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
LOL good stuff!

Mine is GTtime and if mindless chatter is your thing your in for a treat!

lol i spend most my free time tweeting about how I'm hiding from work related stuff or finding ways of a lighthouse to fish!
um and ramblings about coffee!

See you on the tweet!

God's Toy
June 5th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Update, ok your in. Good to see you!

Mr B
June 5th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hmmmm.... maybe i'm gonna join in on that Twitter stuff and twitterfox.

I'm so used to IRC chat's that i almost wanted to create a Mysterious Wisdom chat channel. This idea has been in my mind since a few months now.

I'll keep you updated if i'm going to decide to join in on Twitter or not.

God's Toy
June 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Well same deal for you so, if mindless chatter is your game then your in good hands.

:blink:

:Boy_yes3:

Mr B
June 6th, 2009, 03:10 AM
Alright, i guess i'm up and running Twitter and Twitterfox. :D

Friend request sent to ya GT. ;)

God's Toy
June 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
OK dude your up and running!

If it's your thing thats cool as not everyone thinks it rocks as much as I do... lol now your in for the mind mush I call my ramblings.

Your updates are also protected so you will see a request by me to view yours too.

Mr B
June 6th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Ah, cool stuff buddy, sounds like fun to me. :Hbounce

I just saw you come in on Twitterfox. lol.... beware. :D

Mr B
June 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
By the way, i recieved your request and it's accepted. Hope you get my updates now. :)

God's Toy
June 6th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Yep all good here,

maybe we will get Lorri, kiera, Polly, Jenn (and more) to post the ID's here and add the new guys in!

Mr B
June 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Cool!!!

Yep, that would be great. lol... i already sent Polly and our dear Lorri a request. :D

Gonna have to figure out how it all works, it seems that one can even reply on a message. I'm a fast learner and it's going to be a piece of cake, so don't worry and leave it up to me. ;)

God's Toy
June 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Yep, if you use the '@' and then a user name your replying to that persons last tweet, however I don't use that as the persons real name works better for me.

I use twitter more from my phone/pda than my computer/laptop so I get a very cut down screen that missing some of the tools on the pc version however as it's my phone/pda it's always with me so if I'm out and about, in work, on a lighthouse or just chilling out i'm always around on twitter somewhere! (thats why I like it so much)

Twitterfox is good for a pc too.

Also the phone/pda has predictive text so you will see me getting the words wrong on the phone...alot! and me re tweeting the correct words!
(phone/pda version does not have an edit or deleted mode)

Mr. Brightside
June 27th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Ok I have decided mindless rambling is my thing too so I have joined up, all I have to do now is learn how to use it :)

Narnia
June 27th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Okay, okay, ... if anyone else from MW is interested in following my tweets on Twitter my ID is ... SphinxStudio.

Welcome to the twittering madness and ENJOY! ;)

God's Toy
June 27th, 2009, 11:39 PM
yes welcome Sean! good to have you receiving my mindless ramblings.