PDA

View Full Version : Balligomingo

planetlove
April 8th, 2009, 04:56 PM
It's about time ...

the new release is finally coming soon....

http://www.balligomingo.com/
Get the bonus track ...
V

BlueStar
April 9th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I can't wait for this album, it's been so long coming!! 7 years since the first album...eek! Must say I really don't like the sampler track - it sounds unprofessional and unfinished. My expectations for the album have been significantly lowered, but I still can't wait! Wish they'd give us a release date...

planetlove
April 19th, 2010, 05:39 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/V8FioBoIDD4/0.jpg
Under the endless sky is out ...has anybody gotten it yet .....
I previewed it on Itunes today...
1. Spinning
2. A Beautiful Day
3. Letting Go
4. New World
5. Under an Endless Sky
6. Sunshine in Rain
7. Dream Believer
8. Goodbye
9. Over You
10. You're a Star
11. La Bonita

BlueStar
April 19th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Hey Varune

Yes, I got the album last year. It's very different to the first, but you can probably tell that from the previews. More acoustic and stripped down. There are some great songs and some not so good songs. I personally don't rate it as nearly as good as the first and the production seems a bit patchy in places (maybe slightly unfinished, or unpolished?), but overall it's a nice listen. If you like the preview sounds check it out. Overall its quite a sad, melancholic-sounding album...it has the feel of a 'breakup record' lol and last year when I was going through a breakup some of the lyrics struck home.

Tracks I would recommend checking out: Spinning, I Just Tell Myself, Dream Believer and Goodbye. :)

planetlove
April 20th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Hey Buddy...
Thanks for your honest opinion on this disc..
I have always been a fan of balligomingo from the time they sent me there promo disc....
The music on this disc so far as per the previews is not blowing my hair back or growing my hair back...lol...
i will still get it though....
v

BlueStar
April 20th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Oh, any Balligomingo fan definitely must check it out - all I would say is don't expect anything like the first album. That is one of my all-time favourites, can it really be 2002 it was released? Let's hope they don't take as long to release album number three.

Two other releases from last year worth checking are 'Messages' by Blue Stone and 'Labyrinthine Heart' by Sleepthief...both are very enjoyable albums in the style of the original Balligomingo :)